The Walking Dead Game Series

131 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Episode 1 is free on PSN and Xbox Live until Wednesday, 3rd April.
I'm downloading it right now.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think all the episodes are still half off on XBL. 800MSP($10) is a bargain for this game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 06:58)
I think all the episodes are still half off on XBL. 800MSP($10) is a bargain for this game.

I downloaded episodes 3, 4 and 5 today and was surprised to see they were only 200 points each on XBL. Saved 600 points. cool.gif

As much as I love this game I have two criticisms.

The animations are so stiff and robotic and the constant jolts between cutscenes. Other than that I love the story so far. There have been several moments where I've thought if the decision I made was the right one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

That's the beauty of this game. Even if you make the "wrong" decision, the story goes on, and usually gives you a chance to redeem yourself. The only time it's game over is if you fail those QTEs, and a zombie munches on you, and then you get to go back to right before that and pass it.

So I finished the game. Is that end sequence after the credits the same for everyone?

Anyway, I hope the new "season" comes out soon. I'd gladly pay $60 for it, as well.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Goddamnit, PS3 doesn't even have the proper Episode 1.
I tried to download it and it was just a trial that only had the bit where you meet Clementine. notify.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Telltale Games' The Walking Dead will be available at retail in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on May 10, the developer announced today.

Retail copies of the episodic zombie thriller will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. All versions will contain all five episodes on one disc and include subtitles in French, German, Italian and Spanish.

The Walking Dead, set in the world of creator Robert Kirkmans' graphic novel series of the same name, was originally released one episode at a time throughout the spring and summer of 2012. The game is currently available in North America on PS3, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Mac and iOS devices. Last month PlayStation announced The Walking Dead will also be ported to PlayStation Vita, though a release window has yet to be revealed.

The Walking Dead won the award for Best Narrative at the 13th annual Game Developers Choice Awards last week, and earned the top spot in Polygon's 2012 Game of the Year awards.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 03 April 2013 - 12:27 PM.

The narrative in this game is phenominal. I just finished episode 3. Killing Duck was so hard. I was almost tearing up. Also in the RV when Clementine turns into a zombie scared the sh*t out of me lol although it was only a dream..

Am I right in saying certain decsions will come back and bite Lee on the ass? The bond between characters is great. Clementine feels like my little shadow.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 12:24)
Am I right in saying certain decsions will come back and bite Lee on the ass?

Nah, not really.

Played through it more than once and everything is the same. It's one of the things that wasn't done very well for a RPG. You could make decisions which seem to have a gigantic impact on everyone and then nothing changes. You let her live, him die, she dies the next 5 minutes. You let him live, her die, he dies the next five minutes.

They really should put more effort into that in the new season.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Seriously what is up with "The Walking Dead series" nowdays? Everyone is taking the liking out of it as well which got me interested now.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (+ Dragonjack + @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 17:55)
Seriously what is up with "The Walking Dead series" nowdays? Everyone is taking the liking out of it as well which got me interested now.

Well, the third season just finished and this game blew everyone's mind last year. ph34r.gif
Oh and another Walking Dead game came out like 2 weeks ago. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. It's actually really fun and deserved higher ratings.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 16:58)
QUOTE (+ Dragonjack @ +Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 17:55)
Seriously what is up with "The Walking Dead series" nowdays?  Everyone is taking the liking out of it as well which got me interested now.

Well, the third season just finished and this game blew everyone's mind last year. ph34r.gif
Oh and another Walking Dead game came out like 2 weeks ago. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. It's actually really fun and deserved higher ratings.

Wow that sounds pretty cool there and I'll surely look into the video game sometime. smile.gif

krille120
  • krille120

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

survival instincts is really fun

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

You guys have to read the comic book. It's so freaking brutal. I did not cry in the videogame's ending, but I did in the comic's issue #100. It's so freaking sad. I started watching the TV series and I tought it was awesome, but after reading the comics, I came to realize the series is really bad. Nothing compared to the comic book. And if you like the TV series, the novels and/or the videogames, why not to read what started it all?

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Replayed the game, and loved it even more. I finally took my time and found out that this game is truly a masterpiece.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

I finally played this through and it was well worth it. When Clementine shot the stranger at the end I almost cheered. Go Clemclem!

Too bad she's 9, or I'd be drawing a lot of fan art. Well, there's always Molly.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 12:56)
I finish this game last week and I thought the ending was complete crap, if it was trying to make me cry it did as extremely crappy job at it and don't get me wrong the whole game is very good and fantastic but the ending is just too damn predictable, once Clem went missing you just new he was going to go looking for her and get bit by a zombie and Clementine, she caused so many problems and she is really big pain in the a**

I didn't predict Lee getting bitten at all, I thought he was going to be the main character in this series, but thats not apparent. plus Clementine is what? 8 or 9 I think? What do you expect?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just finished episode 5. I loved the ending but I had a feeling Lee was going to get bitten and Clem would have to kill him. It was either that or Lee killing Clem due to be bitten I thought. In saying that it's been a while since a game has made my heart heavy. The bond between Clem and Lee was so strong and convincing. Kind of sucks Kenny died though. I didn't feel any connection to Omid and Christa .

I think what made this go feel special was the sense of journey and danger. It's so much more than a hack and slash zombie game. It's a tale of survival and caring for others. Some of my favourite moments weren't shooting walkers in the head, but listening to others and how they felt. Honestly I think this this game has a better narrative than alot of blockbusters. Not even RDR and GTA IV tugged at my heart strings like this did.

Having never read the comics and only watched season 1 I'm hooked onto this series. This game showed me you don't need constant skull smashing for a great zombie game.

Fantastic. Looking forward to season 2. icon14.gif

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Read the comics, Miami. You're not gonna regret it. Robert Kirkman is just brilliant. The comic books are like his little sandbox, he kills whoever he wants to, in the most brutal and sad ways... One issue they are happy and together but in the next one, *poof*. There's no place for happiness in those books.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 00:35)
I finally played this through and it was well worth it. When Clementine shot the stranger at the end I almost cheered. Go Clemclem!

Too bad she's 9, or I'd be drawing a lot of fan art. Well, there's always Molly.

I was an unfortunate victim to stumble upon some Clem rule 34.
Molly was there too, so I geuss that made up for it.
God I'm a strange person

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by billy james, 12 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

I tried to play this again to see different scenarios but I couldn't get past the farm because I found it the 2nd time around to be boring, so I just gave up, don't hate on me I just couldn't do it again

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 12:56)
I tried to play this again to see different scenarios but I couldn't get past the farm because I found it the 2nd time around to be boring, so I just gave up, don't hate on me I just couldn't do it again

I actually found ep 2 to be the best episode because of the suspense.
The walking dead is great because it brings a whole new level to zombie games, that some people may enjoy and others may not, based on their view on gaming.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, ep 2 was the most brutal of the 5. My favorite.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

user posted image

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 22:52)
Read the comics, Miami. You're not gonna regret it. Robert Kirkman is just brilliant. The comic books are like his little sandbox, he kills whoever he wants to, in the most brutal and sad ways... One issue they are happy and together but in the next one, *poof*. There's no place for happiness in those books.

I know I'm a bit late, but.... blush.gif

I actually got the first comic on my I Phone 5. I really liked how closely linked it was to the show.

I should get the others. smile.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 03:13)

I actually got the first comic on my I Phone 5. I really liked how closely linked it was to the show.

How closely linked the comics are to the show? f*ck you, seriously... f*ck you big time. The comics were the inspiration for the show... not the other way around. The show is linked to the comics... and it's not even closely linked to the comics.

The show is a f*cking joke compared to the comics. TWD Telltale game and the Comics are the only TWD worthy things (apart from the boardgame of TWD which is f*cking boss... but I doubt any of you guys would be interested in boardgames).

Anyways... played TWD Telltale game at a friends place. Still going to get it for myself on PC and play it thoroughly in one go with my own decisions. It's great... and it seems they're adding more interesting content and expanding it in the future.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 10:14)

How closely linked the comics are to the show? f*ck you, seriously... f*ck you big time. The comics were the inspiration for the show... not the other way around. The show is linked to the comics... and it's not even closely linked to the comics.

The show is a f*cking joke compared to the comics.

Yeah, f*ck you, Miami (lol)
I actually hate the show. I liked the first season, but after that, comparing the brutality in the comic to the one in the TV show makes me sick.
Just read till issue 7 (I think) because that's when they switched the artists form Tony Moore to Charlie Adlard, it stops looking cartoony and feels brutal. I love brutal stuff!!!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just finished Season 1 and holy sh*t, I almost shed a tear.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Being a massive fan of the comics I was completely put off by how much Season 3 of the show just sucked. Also, unless they do the Assault on the Prison with the tanks and Private Army then I'm just going to stop watching. I just want them to get to the Alexandria Safe Zone because that's when the comic builds up steam and tension.

You can truly see how awful the show is getting when they squeeze out some terrible FPS game that's so broken it makes Superman 64 look good. With Telltale on the other hand, Robert Kirkman was always making sure things where done correctly and right to the bone and you can see that when they won many "Game of the Year" awards. Kirkman also stated he had no input on the FPS game and that defiantly shows.

-Wheatley

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 14:43)

I actually hate the show. I liked the first season, but after that, comparing the brutality in the comic to the one in the TV show makes me sick.
Just read till issue 7 (I think) because that's when they switched the artists form Tony Moore to Charlie Adlard, it stops looking cartoony and feels brutal. I love brutal stuff!!!

You guys do know that Miami is talking about how the show and comic are closely linked between only the first episode, right? suicidal.gif
The first episode and first comic are nearly exactly the same.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 21:00)
QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 14:43)

You guys do know that Miami is talking about how the show and comic are closely linked between only the first episode, right? suicidal.gif
The first episode and first comic are nearly exactly the same.

Again he said how close it was linked to the show... like the show was there first.

And still... the show is horsesh*t compared to the comics. There is no other way to state it. It started off promising but just too much has been ruined. The only thing they pulled off great was Daryl and Merle. Two characters that didn't exist in the comic book lore but they added it and it was great.

And then they go off changing things (yes they said they would to take a different approach... but it was an approach that just doesn't make any sense). Killing off Merle was a f*cking hideous idea, f*cking up Lori and Andrea like that... sh*tty "buildup" of Carl's character and his change from an cunfused and afraid kid into a ruthless grim thinking kid who can't show any compassion anymore has just failed in the shows aswell.

They ought have done an entirely different cast and an entirely different show. Heck, I think it'd been best if they used the Walking Dead as a brand name and used different location completely different story for the show. That way they couldn't f*ck up anything except the "concept" of the Walking Dead. Which they sorta did right in the show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users