Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

That brought my hopes down. confused.gif
I was actually thinking of getting this in May. confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 28 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Right now on Xbox live you can get the first episode for free, and the rest for 50% off. That's 800 MS points or $10 for all 5 episodes.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

You can also get Episode 1 for free on iOS devices.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Okay, played the first two episodes. Really entertaining game. It reminds me of that part in the movie "Big" when he invents a comic book/video game hybrid. Especially the episodic style, really feels like a comic book.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yeap I was a sucker at the Xbox Live deal today and got all the episodes. Just finished the first episode, pretty cool stuff. I have no either why I'm so loyal to Kenny. Maybe because Larry's a complete asshole.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

my brother and I bought this on retail for Christmas. Oh my god what an amazing game. Very emotional and overall just loved it. Hope telltale makes more.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I hated how lilly Betrayed me and clem and left.

I was always loyal to her over kenny. She always had the right ideas. Kennys idea to go to the ocean was plane out retarded. There would be millions of zombies from the motel to the ocean, so it would of been better to stay put, as lilly had said.

Lillys ideas were always smart for the group, while kenny was just reckless.
I got really ticked when She betrayed us by Killing poor carley and stealing the RV..

How nice to pay me back for being loyal. Bi*ch.

Either way, i really hope she returns in the sequel. Larry was a di*k but i understand it. He was looking out for Lilly.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 23:43)

I was always loyal to her over kenny. She always had the right ideas. Kennys idea to go to the ocean was plane out retarded. There would be millions of zombies from the motel to the ocean, so it would of been better to stay put, as lilly had said.

I got really ticked when She betrayed us by Killing poor carley and stealing the RV..

Either way, i really hope she returns in the sequel. Larry was a di*k but i understand it. He was looking out for Lilly.

Lilly ends up heading to Woodbury, kills Lori and Judith Grimes during the prison assault by the Woodbury Army. She gets angry at the Governor as he made her kill a baby, this results in her killing the Governor. She then leaves and her fate is left unknown.

-Wheatley

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

This game is on my to buy list. I didn't think it would be good so I lost track of the discussion of the Episodes. From what I've heard lately, it's definately a game to buy. So I will.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 01:56)

Lilly ends up heading to Woodbury, kills Lori and Judith Grimes during the prison assault by the Woodbury Army. She gets angry at the Governor as he made her kill a baby, this results in her killing the Governor. She then leaves and her fate is left unknown.

-Wheatley

Im pretty sure Telltale said the Game is a different canon then the comics and TV Show...
So this would be false in the game world.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 03:01)

-Wheatley

Im pretty sure Telltale said the Game is a different canon then the comics and TV Show...

I thought it took place in the same universe but not during the same events as the comic. Threfore you'd meet Lilly before she does that stuff.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 13:04)

-Wheatley

I thought it took place in the same universe but not during the same events as the comic. Threfore you'd meet Lilly before she does that stuff.

No clue really. Personally, i never read the comics, and only actually watched the pilot episode of the TV Show. But on the wiki for the game, i read before it was non canon to the comic, and there was a source.

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Just beat the last episode. Out of every game or movie I've played or seen, this is the only thing thing that ever made me cry.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 13:17)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 13:04)

-Wheatley

No clue really. Personally, i never read the comics, and only actually watched the pilot episode of the TV Show. But on the wiki for the game, i read before it was non canon to the comic, and there was a source.

Telltale Games has always stated that it is within the same universe as the comic, characters such as Glenn, Hershel, and even Shawn (before he is a zombie) are all people who you meet and will eventually end up being involved in the events of the comic. However recently the novel 'The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury' was released which details the back-story of Lilly Caul from the comics, (this was meant to be the same Lilly as in the game) and since then Telltale has removed any info that ever suggested they were the same person and even changed an achievement name from 'Woodbury Bound' to 'What now?', so we're now apparently dealing with a different Lilly, so it's possible she may return. Dunno whether or not this means the game is canon, I'd say it is, but Robert Kirkman probably hasn't officially said it is, unless he was the one who told Telltale that they're gonna have to change some things.

Basically, game Lilly =/= comic Lilly

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:33 AM Edited by DOOM!, 04 January 2013 - 08:35 AM.

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 05:09)
Telltale Games has always stated that it is within the same universe as the comic, characters such as Glenn, Hershel, and even Shawn (before he is a zombie) are all people who you meet and will eventually end up being involved in the events of the comic. However recently the novel 'The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury' was released which details the back-story of Lilly Caul from the comics, (this was meant to be the same Lilly as in the game) and since then Telltale has removed any info that ever suggested they were the same person and even changed an achievement name from 'Woodbury Bound' to 'What now?', so we're now apparently dealing with a different Lilly, so it's possible she may return. Dunno whether or not this means the game is canon, I'd say it is, but Robert Kirkman probably hasn't officially said it is, unless he was the one who told Telltale that they're gonna have to change some things.

Basically, game Lilly =/= comic Lilly

That's disappointing. Just the other night my friend was playing a episode and he said the name 'Lily' sounded so familiar, and I told him that she was the one to kill Lori and Judith and his mind was blown. I really hope they add background to the comics from this game.

I finally beat this game, and it was everything I didn't expect when I first got the first episode the morning this game dropped. It's amazing, and I think of it as a great TV show except it's a game. As far as combat, it was different mechanics each episode to follow that up with great story-telling. When my lady can sit down and watch me play all of my episodes, as if we are watching the show or reading the comics, then the game is doing something right.

I also felt like I had the perfect ending. My friend teased me for letting Clem see so much violence and for telling her brutal stuff, but at the end it all came back, all the things I said to Clem came back. She shot the dude in the head at the end, and I'm not for sure if that happens in all of them. When she let down the gun, then said something I along the lines of not trusting anybody and she said its all her fault and that I was right, because I told her not to trust anybody earlier in the game... with Lee replying "Now you learned."

Since I told Omid and Christa they need to care for Clem, that I agreed with Christa about only staying in the countryside, telling Omid and Christa to meet at the train and telling Clem to stay to the countryside and meet them at the train... I am almost positive that its Christa and Omid we see at the end of episode 5. I'm also wondering if we take control of Clem next season.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

This is one of the best game i've ever played. The story is so good, that i can't stop playing it.
The f*ck is wrong with people saying this game graphic's is suck? Damn man, this game is beauty in its own style, and definitely much better than every other games that trying to be realistic.

Oh, and I hate Kenny so f*cking much.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

I got this game for Christmas and I only played it once for an hour. Seems pretty good so far.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Played up to the end of episode 4. Hopefully I'll have time in the next couple days to finish it. Such an engrossing game, though. You (or at least I) really care about the characters.

residenteviloutbreak
  • residenteviloutbreak

ccrogers15

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I so sad at the result.

So many great characters died. sad.gif

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've played through episodes 1-3, great game so far! I haven't played Episode 4 or 5 yet, maybe I'll go do that now.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I almost cried like a baby at the end of episode five. bored.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 01:15)
I almost cried like a baby at the end of episode five. bored.gif

If the game didn't make you want to tear up, you're as bad as Hitler.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by billy james, 16 February 2013 - 05:39 AM.

I finish this game last week and I thought the ending was complete crap, if it was trying to make me cry it did as extremely crappy job at it and don't get me wrong the whole game is very good and fantastic but the ending is just too damn predictable, once Clem went missing you just new he was going to go looking for her and get bit by a zombie and Clementine, she caused so many problems and she is really big pain in the a**

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 26 February 2013 - 04:34 PM.

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 13:56)
I finish this game last week and I thought the ending was complete crap, if it was trying to make me cry it did as extremely crappy job at it and don't get me wrong the whole game is very good and fantastic but the ending is just too damn predictable, once Clem went missing you just new he was going to go looking for her and get bit by a zombie and Clementine, she caused so many problems and really big pain in the a**

You don't have a heart. cryani.gif
By the way, MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!! mad.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

http://www.geekscape...ter-gary-whitta

It’s been some time since we’ve mentioned Telltale’s adaptation of The Walking Dead here on Geekscape. The first season of the game ended all the way back in November, and we’ve been waiting patiently for news of a second season ever since.

Today, we got that news… kind of. In an interview with IGN, Around Every Corner (Episode 4) writer Gary Whitta confirmed that, while a ways off, a second season is actively being developed at Telltale. Sure, it’s not plot, characters, or closure after that heartbreaking final episode, but knowing that we’ll get a second edition of the phenomenal title is news enough.

Fans may also be getting some new content before the game’s second season premieres (whenever that is). Whitta let this juicy tidbit slip during the same interview, stating “But, knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more Walking Dead…there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two. We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two.”

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Interesting, I wonder what they're thinking about implementing into the game to tide us over a little bit before the next season. Perhaps they'll let us play a short series of what happened missions, y'know whatever happened to Hershel or a number of the other characters that we just left behind on our journey to save Clementine's parents. I know it's probably going to be something a lot shorter than that, but a little bit of wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

Anyone else got any ideas of what they might be putting in over the next few months to keep us entertained, there's a lot of possibilities and Tell Tale wouldn't just let something like that slip for no good reason, so there's probably going to be something pretty substantial, even if it's not exactly as big as what we're currently craving for. I also think that whatever they're going to put in is going to pose more questions then it gives us answers, as that seems to be what the game does best.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Telltale Games have officially announced that it’s currently targeting this Fall to release the second season of The Walking Dead: The Game.

Telltale CEO Dan Connors said the following:
“The current estimated release window for Season Two of The Walking Dead is for Fall of ‘this’ year (2013), and not ‘next’ year (2014) as has been reported after a recent interview. We apologize for any confusion and thank you and all of our fans for your continued excitement for the series!”

When talking to IGN last month, Connors also said:
“We’re doing a second season of The Walking Dead. That’s going to be a big part of what we’re putting people to work on this year. Right now it’s about figuring out the right way to approach the story, the right way to handle this that’s going to work for what we’re trying to accomplish and give it legs. Certainly we believe there are more stories to tell in The Walking Dead’s universe. The show continues to be huge. People understand what we’re doing. We’re going to continue to work on it. It’s a rich world for what we’re trying to do. We still have a lot of ideas to explore in that world.”

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I've always wanted to get into The Walking Dead so over the weekend I bought 3000 Microsoft points and bought the first season of the show aswell as the first two episodes of this.

Just finished the first episode and onto number two. I really like it. Not a typical hack and slash zombie game, but more about the dialogue.

I haven't played Survival Instinct, but it just looks like a L4D clone to me. This feels unique.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

This interactive movie game is coming to the PS Vita

http://www.ign.com/a...laystation-vita

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I hope season 2 will come to Vita at the same time as other platforms, cause then I'd play it on that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users