• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Damn. The final moments. Just, damn.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 07:18)
I don't often cry at the end of video games, but damn, is this the exception. Did anyone else see that after credits cutscene? That was some real cliffhanger sh*t.

Cliffhanger? Maybe, but I don't think so.

How many figures did you see at the hill, because I asked the couple to take care of Clem and not Kenny, does that change anything?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 15:56)
I don't often cry at the end of video games, but damn, is this the exception. Did anyone else see that after credits cutscene? That was some real cliffhanger sh*t.

How many figures did you see at the hill, because I asked the couple to take care of Clem and not Kenny, does that change anything?

I also asked them to take care of her. Kenny, sadly died, but Omid and Christa most likely survived, which, im 100% thats them on the hill. Most likely Clem, Omid and Christa will all appear in Season 2. Clem NEEDS a family. With Christa prego, and how she is really strong, she and omid are the best chance at survival for clementine.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

The ending of this game is just, just wow. There's really no other way to explain it, if you're on the fence about buying this don't be - it's one of the best games that I've played not just this year, but in the past five.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I love these games. They've nearly made me cry. cryani.gif
I just have one question: Are all the Episodes coming on one disc?
I really want to play them.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:34 PM Edited by Fireman, 24 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 14:28)

I'm hoping for a box/disc collection as well.

Would definitely buy it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 15:34)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 14:28)

Im'hoping for a boz/disc collection as well.

Would definitely buy it.

I just found this online: http://www.computera...l-release-date/ smile.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

OP, you need to change bens status to deceased

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 00:50)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 15:56)

I also asked them to take care of her. Kenny, sadly died, but Omid and Christa most likely survived, which, im 100% thats them on the hill. Most likely Clem, Omid and Christa will all appear in Season 2. Clem NEEDS a family. With Christa prego, and how she is really strong, she and omid are the best chance at survival for clementine.

You can interpret that ending how you want, but I think Robert Kirkman has expressed interest into the game series. Meaning he'd like to integrate some characters into the comic at some point. And since the game series takes place within the same universe as the comic, it's very possible we see a character like Clementine being apart of Rick's group at some point.

Those two human shaped figures? It could have been Omid and Christa, but it could also be a couple of characters from the comic. Or it could be some sort of symbolism that she died and is in heaven and sees her parents off into the distance. Telltale leaves it very open ended. It could be anything, really and that's awesome. More awesome if those people are characters from the comic.

Theodoro
  • Theodoro

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

It proves that story driven games can be among the most moving experiences. Some of the decisions it asked me to make will last with me for a very long time.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think it will be either Omid and Christa or Millie and her sister, though mostly likely it will be Omid and Christa on the hill.

Also did anyone notice that Christa is pregnant yet she downs a bottle of wine?

-Wheatley

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 16:43)
I think it will be either Omid and Christa or Millie and her sister, though mostly likely it will be Omid and Christa on the hill.

-Wheatley

It's implied heavily that Molly's sister died, but it could be Molly and someone else on the hill with her.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 08:43)
Also did anyone notice that Christa is pregnant yet she downs a bottle of wine

Isn't that why she hesitated when Kenny offered her the bottle?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 16:43)

-Wheatley

Its probably because she didnt want a baby at a time like this, so she tried killing it by sculling a bottle of wine

Technique
  • Technique

Insane.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Holy sh*t, just finished episode 5. My eyes showered during the last couple of minutes. The ending was brilliant and f*ck, it was emotional. Just f*ck.. I don't even manage to type down what I'm feeling now. This game is a pure masterpiece, not just in storytelling. The players don't only affect Lee and the other characters. They affect the players so heavily. My emotions simply merged with them.

And at the end, f*ck, I thought I was there in both lee's and clem's position.

Just f*ck. You can watch titanic and whatever the f*ck you want, but compared to this, everything is a 6+ cartoon.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

user posted image

Dat feels, man. They said Shadow of the Colossus had a sad ending, they also said Metal Gear Solid 4 had a sad ending but they are wrong.

-Wheatley

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:21 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 01 December 2012 - 03:43 AM.

When the first episode came out, I played it, I loved it, but for some reason I never got my interest to continue playing it when the others came out. I have no idea, I think it was a good thing since I did not have to wait.

So after Thanksgiving, I decided to finally give in and play all 5 episodes and I just finished the last one today. It has been so long since a game affected me emotionally as much as this one did. This was truly an awesome experience.
I heard a little spoils here and there over time about how much this game was an emotional train ride for people and believe me, They were not wrong! biggrin.gif

I'm not just talking about sadness, but all emotions. I felt happy, angry, sad, confused, depressed. I felt everything that Lee could feel. I always liked the "choose your own adventure" games and the ones where you can change some of the outcomes, but what got me so emotionally attached to the characters what because of their responses and reactions to my choices. I know other games have done this, but this one ranks #1.

I saw myself always trying to keep people happy and make them like me, and there reactions actually had an impact on how I felt about them and myself. There are many examples of it, like whether to choose to side with Kenny or Ben or Lilly. I would try to keep Ben happy, then Kenny gets pissed off at me, making me upset. Then I gotta try to cool down Kenny and keep everyone together. It was all full of drama biggrin.gif .

The only thing I did not feel bad at was leaving that bitch Lilly on the side of the road. biggrin.gif I gave her benefit of the doubt and comfort when Kenny smashed Larry's head in. She blew her chances when she killed Carley.

I tried my best to be a good honest person, and I think it worked out pretty well. And the ending..Man you guys better have a box of tissues near by because that is indeed a tearjerker. This game is pretty affordable and it is on all popular platforms , so if you have not played it, you are not making a mistake if you buy it. Totally worth it!

Can't wait til Season 2! smile.gif

The only other thing I want to add, is that I will look at all modern games differently now because of this game. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing, but there are not many games left with very good writing and story plot left.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

The reason christa decides to drink the wine is because they started to think they might not survive. Think. They were trapped in the attic with seemingly no way out, with walkers surrounding there every corner.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 05 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

http://www.dreadcent...ving-disc-month

From the Press Release
:
Today we’re announcing that The Walking Dead will be available to purchase on disc from retailers in the United States and Canada this December 11th. Previously only available as a digital download, the series will now be available on disc for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

The retail edition of The Walking Dead compiles all five episodes of the game series for the suggested price of $29.99. We’ve been thrilled and honored by the way that the game has been received including the six nominations in the upcoming Spike TV Video Game Awards and four nominations from Machinima.com's Inside Gaming annual awards; the series has been nominated for Game of The Year by both Spike and Machinima!

Areas outside of North America will also get The Walking Dead on disc. Release date will be announced soon.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

This was the first game that ever made me misty.

They must have done a f*cking good job. And they have. I only watched Let's Players play all of the first season, but you can bet I'll be playing the 2nd season myself for sure.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I've loved the series up to now, i've not played episode 5 yet, but the episode where you kill Duck and his mom's just shot herself, the look on the fathers face is just heartbreaking, choosing to shoot the kid was the hardest choice I've ever had to make on a video game, and it actually made me cry a little. I hope Episode 5 is even better, it's definitely my GOTY atm.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Just played through the first episode. Great story, with tough choices. Lotsa fun.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

This just won GOTY at the VGA's, so it looks like I'll be downloading it soon.

Seems a little pricey for an interactive comic book, but hey, from what you're all saying it seems to be worth it.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:25)
This just won GOTY at the VGA's, so it looks like I'll be downloading it soon.

Seems a little pricey for an interactive comic book, but hey, from what you're all saying it seems to be worth it.

It's quite lengthy and you can play it a few times with different choices.

I don't see why VGA would be a reason for you to buy it, but that's your choice I guess.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 18:25)
This just won GOTY at the VGA's

Some faith in humanity restored.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 10:07)

I don't see why VGA would be a reason for you to buy it, but that's your choice I guess.

Well, Jurassic Park: The Game was terrible so I assumed this one would've been as well.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

RELEASED ON DISC TODAY!!!!!
AREAS OUTSIDE OF AMERICA WILL HAVE RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://dailydead.com...ead-video-game/

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sorry for double post but...
Collectors Editon Unboxing!

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:34 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 15 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

http://gamingunwrapp...nplayable-mess/
Many of us have had our fill of Telltale's supreme The Walking Dead game already, having downloaded and played all 5 episodes during their release periods. Now all is left to have friends play the game to experience it for themselves, and luckily, just in time, Telltale has released a retail version of The Walking Dead. Unfortunately, it might not be that easy.
GamingUnwrapped staff member, Karras Lambert, reports that the retail version of The Walking Dead is a "buggy unplayable mess", reporting extreme slowdown and even frequent freezing. Curiously, we conducted more research and discovered that the Telltale support forums are ablaze with angry fans complaining of a faulty product, some even demanding a recall of the game.
Telltale forum user rmarrs84 commented, "Get this crap off the shelves at stores or ur just gonna have more angered people who purchased this crap on here".
Followed by users complaining more specifically about it's lagginess.
Telltale forum user WhatTheFuzz had the following to say in his thread titled "TWD game unplayable-We all need answers!"

As many others have already posted this game is a lagging, freezing, unplayable mess.

We have all spent our hard earned money ona game that TWD fans have raved about, expecting to have the same great game playing experience. Yet what do we get? A game where you cannot even play due to severe glitches. It makes it impossible to even get past the second scene of Episode 1. Your quality control really dropped the ball with releasing a steaming pile such as this.
We deserve answers and to see that you are ignoring every last one of us with this issue is very frustrating. And not only that, it is also very disrespectful to those who have supported your company by purchasing this heap.
Telltale staff members appear to be commenting on some of the threads, but there is no news of any sort of update to fix the problems.

Shame, I had high hopes for this, I was really happy when I heard they released a retail version but damn, it's an unplayable mess as you can see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users