Photo

Gang Life in Los Santos

9,204 replies to this topic
Wulffeld
  • Wulffeld

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 23:05)
QUOTE (Blood_Money @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:02)
wearing purple= Balla

Concrete evidence.

mercie_blink.gif

I just realised that my granma is a balla.

Should I be afraid of my neighbor?! He's always wearing something purple cry.gif

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:09)
QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:07)
Groove and the Ballas are like the Bloods and the Crips. You won't see any reference to CJ or Sweet but the Groove and Ballas will be in game. The Park beach second trailer at .40 confirms it.

Not GROVE and ballas.. But Families and ballas.. Dont try homie they dont even listen. A bunch of smart asses

? Why not Groove?

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Some of y'all is just hella stupid lol. There is concrete evidence of ballas an families presence, but ya'll weenies in denial. suicidal.gif

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 21:39)
So you see someone with one small piece of clothing, and that means they're a Ballas gang member? Nice logic.

And the graffiti is more than likely an easter egg.

It's not even just that though! The Ballas tag in conjunction with the guy in the purple and Franklin wearing a green bandana with his friend wearing a dark green shirt would indicate that the two gangs will be in the game but nobody is sure. I don't think we'll see the SA sets return like munney said but new sets under the same banner. Gangs don't just disappear magically after 20 years and there are gangs in LA with a huge history that dates back 50+ years so it's not unrealistic for the two gangs to be around. I just wonder if they'll bring back the Aztecas and the Vagos as well!

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:12)
Groove and the Ballas are like the Bloods and the Crips. You won't see any reference to CJ or Sweet but the Groove and Ballas will be in game. The Park beach second trailer at .40 confirms it.

Not GROVE and ballas.. But Families and ballas.. Dont try homie they dont even listen. A bunch of smart asses

? Why not Groove?

Because grove is a certain street/set.. Families is actually the gang,, For instance Grape street crips.. Grape street is the street/set and crips is the gang. (grape st=grove st - crips=families) get it?

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo)
Some of y'all is just hella stupid lol. There is concrete evidence of ballas an families presence, but ya'll weenies in denial.  suicidal.gif

Concrete bandanas?! And references to old gangs? Like the name of previous characters that appeared in IV you mean?

"On the staircases in most apartment blocks in the game, you may spot some graffiti referring to past protagonists set in GTA III canon (Claude, Tommy, Carl (CJ), Toni, and Vic), that suggests they have passed away, though it is likely metaphorical as GTA III canon is over so they won't be seen again."

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:15)

? Why not Groove?

Because grove is a certain street/set.. Families is actually the gang,, For instance Grape street crips.. Grape street is the street/set and crips is the gang. (grape st=grove st - crips=families) get it?

Thank you for educating me good sir, I have learned quite a bit now.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

The evidence is concrete.. People will always choose to deny. Cant wait until time shuts em up. But they still will probably deny

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:17)
QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:15)

? Why not Groove?

Thank you for educating me good sir, I have learned quite a bit now.

No prob my man

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

To be honest, I hope Families and Ballas don't return. Personally I'd like to see some new, more creative gangs, but that's just me.
And regarding Franklin BEING in a gang, well I really doubt it..

''Dan Houser: "The idea with Franklin was someone stepping outside their comfort zone and their normal way of doing things, because that way, even though they're still in their mid-20s or whatever, that hasn't worked. That world that they thought they'd be in and be able to make a success of has, thanks to the modern world or the changes in the economy or whatever it is, just failed. It doesn't really exist. They're now looking for something new. A new opportunity. They've gotten their qualifications and gotten all their experience and all they're good at is driving and robbing. How do actually go forward and who do you get to a kind of mentor you? That was a good contrast. The gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world."

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

they should be there! in modern LA there is also still Bloods and Crips!

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

A game about crime set in Los Angeles would be off without a representation of Bloods and Crips. I think Rockstar is finally coming around and giving the long-time fans a little fun with familiar stuff returning from the III area. I mean Vinewood carried over, which they could have easily renamed something else if they were completely against anything familiar returning. Any reference to the III-era Grove Street will most likely not be in the game but I believe R* will call the Crips "Families" and Bloods "Ballas"

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I don't know if the Ballas would return. After all, you could actually kill all of them in San Andreas meaning that they probably couldn't return.

However, I'm sure there will be gangs in the game. Just not sure it it will be Families & Ballas or new gangs.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:27)
I don't know if the Ballas would return. After all, you could actually kill all of them in San Andreas meaning that they probably couldn't return.

However, I'm sure there will be gangs in the game. Just not sure it it will be Families & Ballas or new gangs.

Not the same ballas.. same name different universe

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:16)
QUOTE (Papi-Chulo)
Some of y'all is just hella stupid lol. There is concrete evidence of ballas an families presence, but ya'll weenies in denial.  suicidal.gif

Concrete bandanas?! And references to old gangs? Like the name of previous characters that appeared in IV you mean?

"On the staircases in most apartment blocks in the game, you may spot some graffiti referring to past protagonists set in GTA III canon (Claude, Tommy, Carl (CJ), Toni, and Vic), that suggests they have passed away, though it is likely metaphorical as GTA III canon is over so they won't be seen again."

Bro, Rockstar specifically said old characters and protagonists won't return, you right about that but.They ain't say nothing about old brands and factions lol. In GTA IV we had bugershot, clucking bell and references of pizza stacks & Pro laps sporting goods shop, oh wait those shops was in San Andreas too fooley. But hey,I ain't tripping though, I came to the realization some people don't like using their brains.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:30)
QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:16)
QUOTE (Papi-Chulo)

Bro, Rockstar specifically said old characters and protagonists won't return, you right about that but.They ain't say nothing about old brands and factions lol. In GTA IV we had bugershot, clucking bell and references of pizza stacks & Pro laps sporting goods shop, oh wait those shops was in San Andreas too fooley. But hey,I ain't tripping though, I came to the realization some people don't like using their brains.

Well we got Cluckin Bell in GTA: V confirmed already so who knows..

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

How do i add to the topic name (same name different universe)? To avoid the typical smart asses coming in saying dumb sh*t like eddie.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Don't know, try to edit the first post and you might be able to edit the title and sub-title.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Gang names may technically fall into the Brands category so they could transfer over. You never know. BALLAS is plain as day on that bench.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

They obviously dont understand that my topics have valid points homie. Thats why they dont get locked.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

I haven't been on here in so long I forgot how people with comprehension abilities are lol. People will drag sh*t through the mud so much on here just to either be proven wrong later on or end up switching their opinion and forgetting they ever bashed it. Either way it does seem evident in a way that Families and Ballas will return. LA has the 2nd highest gang population after Chicago. So if the game is Los Santos then R* will have had to put the same amount of work for gangs in V as they did in 4.

With that being said if R* is sticking true to tradition and reality there will be and should be multiple gangs across the city and why create new gangs when Ballas, Families and Vagos as well as the Azteca are so well known as well as adding new gangs as well around the city. But it does at least seem like the Families and Ballas are returning based on whats actually there. People who dont want to believe it can only say well these people wear these colors and all the other bs but Bloods and Crips do not wear purple and green. Grape Street is the only Crip set who wear purple and their in Watts not LA. And the only Bloods who wear Green are lime hood and their in Compton. Seeing as GTA has never used real gangs its obvious Bloods and Crips are not here. So if a guy who looks like he's running from rivals and is wearing all purple and Ballas is scribbled on a bench I don't see how anyone can disregard things so easily. But only time ill tell.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Sergi @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 23:02)
I haven't been on here in so long I forgot how people with comprehension abilities are lol. People will drag sh*t through the mud so much on here just to either be proven wrong later on or end up switching their opinion and forgetting they ever bashed it. Either way it does seem evident in a way that Families and Ballas will return. LA has the 2nd highest gang population after Chicago. So if the game is Los Santos then R* will have had to put the same amount of work for gangs in V as they did in 4.

With that being said if R* is sticking true to tradition and reality there will be and should be multiple gangs across the city and why create new gangs when Ballas, Families and Vagos as well as the Azteca are so well known as well as adding new gangs as well around the city. But it does at least seem like the Families and Ballas are returning based on whats actually there. People who dont want to believe it can only say well these people wear these colors and all the other bs but Bloods and Crips do not wear purple and green. Grape Street is the only Crip set who wear purple and their in Watts not LA. And the only Bloods who wear Green are lime hood and their in Compton. Seeing as GTA has never used real gangs its obvious Bloods and Crips are not here. So if a guy who looks like he's running from rivals and is wearing all purple and Ballas is scribbled on a bench I don't see how anyone can disregard things so easily. But only time ill tell.

MY MAN!

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:15 PM Edited by Degrees, 14 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 22:08)
I thought that this couldn't be happening because characters from the GTA III universe weren't returning. But they said characters in specific no gangs were mentioned at all. This could very well be happening since the Yardies were in GTA III and GTA IV. The Hillside Posse (Badman and Little Jacob's gang) is the Liberty City set of Yardies.

Very different just like the Italian Mafia was in both 3 and 4. They wasn't the same Yardies they were a new Posse just like the 5 Mafia families were different from the ones in the 3 era.

Edit about the person in purple these days Cribs and Bloods can't be blatant when wearing colours. So they may just were some shoes and a t-shirt clovered up like that guy. Still just not enough evidence to prove to Ballas and GSF are back. But if they're I would like to be on the opsite end and have Franklin be an ex Balla instead of an EX GSF.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I also dont understand how people somehow come to the conclusion that Franklin is anti gangs or not a gang member. I'm pretty sure that R* said that Franklin is the gangbanger in the non gangbanging new world or something to that extent. What he says to his friend is similar to Playboy X and his ambitions except LA is not NYC. They are 2 very different cultures and Playboy X was a hustler from Uptown Algonquin which is based on Harlem. Franklin is a gang member from South Los Santos which is South Central in LA. Franklin simply saw that their was nothing going on in the "hood" for him. It's actually quit common now adays. R* said it best. Gang banging is not what it used to be. SA was the 90s in the heydey. V is modern times.

The overall violence in LA is gang related but most of it's drug involved. Bloods kill Bloods. Crips kill Crips and of course all the Sureno gangs kills eachother. But the overall violnce is over drugs. The neighborhoods dont change anymore. Turfs have been situated for decades and new areas pop on when other gangs take bad hits or demographics change so gangbanging in a sense is over. You can read multiple articles or watch multiples videos and documentaires of what modern day gang banging is. Lets be realistic. Franklin is obviously not a saint and he grew up in a evidently bad neighborhood thats is flooded with gangs. This is Los Santos we're speaking on. The chances of him doing the crimes he commit and not being in a gang in his neighborhood is unrealistic to the T and I doubt R* would do something like that. CJ was against drugs because he loved his neighborhood but he was a gang banger and thats what he was. He became ultra successful but most not his intentions it all just happened.

Franklin is what Big Smoke and CJ would be if they were combined. He sees the bigger picture and thats why he tells his friend what he said. You can pretty much see Franklin is a little well of from the trailer and if thats his gf and his house but he still commits crime and if he was in a gang he'd just be 1 of the guys more on the side and did alot of wild stuff earlier in life. This is all speculation but I'm 95% sure Franklin is a gang member and Ballas are in the game. Anything else is 50/50 just by what we can go on now.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Sergi @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 23:21)
I also dont understand how people somehow come to the conclusion that Franklin is anti gangs or not a gang member. I'm pretty sure that R* said that Franklin is the gangbanger in the non gangbanging new world or something to that extent. What he says to his friend is similar to Playboy X and his ambitions except LA is not NYC. They are 2 very different cultures and Playboy X was a hustler from Uptown Algonquin which is based on Harlem. Franklin is a gang member from South Los Santos which is South Central in LA. Franklin simply saw that their was nothing going on in the "hood" for him. It's actually quit common now adays. R* said it best. Gang banging is not what it used to be. SA was the 90s in the heydey. V is modern times.

The overall violence in LA is gang related but most of it's drug involved. Bloods kill Bloods. Crips kill Crips and of course all the Sureno gangs kills eachother. But the overall violnce is over drugs. The neighborhoods dont change anymore. Turfs have been situated for decades and new areas pop on when other gangs take bad hits or demographics change so gangbanging in a sense is over. You can read multiple articles or watch multiples videos and documentaires of what modern day gang banging is. Lets be realistic. Franklin is obviously not a saint and he grew up in a evidently bad neighborhood thats is flooded with gangs. This is Los Santos we're speaking on. The chances of him doing the crimes he commit and not being in a gang in his neighborhood is unrealistic to the T and I doubt R* would do something like that. CJ was against drugs because he loved his neighborhood but he was a gang banger and thats what he was. He became ultra successful but most not his intentions it all just happened.

Franklin is what Big Smoke and CJ would be if they were combined. He sees the bigger picture and thats why he tells his friend what he said. You can pretty much see Franklin is a little well of from the trailer and if thats his gf and his house but he still commits crime and if he was in a gang he'd just be 1 of the guys more on the side and did alot of wild stuff earlier in life. This is all speculation but I'm 95% sure Franklin is a gang member and Ballas are in the game. Anything else is 50/50 just by what we can go on now.

@ sergi- MY MANNNNNNN.. @- Degrees I thought they wouldve made him a balla as well. But just look at homie with the purple kicks and shirt.. Do you think its coincidental they showed that right after that hood drive by? cmon man

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

http://www.ign.com/v...-vs-new-trailer

The video pretty much says it all. Franklin IS a gang member and if we go by what it looks like Franklin IS a Family member and the guy he's chasing IS a Balla.

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Correction, he's in purple AND gold. Every consider he is just a LSU fan?

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 PM Edited by Getzmunney, 15 November 2012 - 12:08 AM.

QUOTE (ForumName @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 23:43)
Correction, he's in purple AND gold. Every consider he is just a LSU fan?

funny... @sergi even when we are proven right they will still deny

Rmini
  • Rmini

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Looking at the screenshots with franklin wearing green and him stating his friend is a gangbanger i do think he is dragged back into the gangs just like Micheal and the bank robberies, franklin chasing someone in purple isnt just coincidence i have a feeling that families and ballas are back he is from south central icon14.gif

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (WillRock @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 17:06)
In all honesty, who gives a sh*t?

Blasphemy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users