GTA V Fire Department Apparatus & Equipment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:24 AM Edited by Limitless, 19 August 2013 - 07:26 AM.

Content Removed

Drop by the GTA V Police Cars topic for all your emergency vehicle discussions.

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

There's a few topics far behind. We do happen to cover this in the GTA: V Police Cars Topic. It's open to anything related to emergency service/public safety. smile.gif

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Well I think that it's safe to say almost everyone who looks at this and has played GTA IV, the first thing that will come to mind are the decorative lights all around the fire and EMS vehicles that don't function at all. That needs to change in GTA V. It would be awesome if they all worked and flashed.

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (xRescue2x @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 00:33)
There's a few topics far behind. We do happen to cover this in the GTA: V Police Cars Topic. It's open to anything related to emergency service/public safety. smile.gif

I just noticed that most discussions that take place their are regarding to police vehicles hints the name "GTA: V Police Cars Topic".
Figured it world be easier just open a new topic regarding to fire department and ems vehicles...

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Wow, a thread dedicated to EMS/Fire Service.

Well, I'm going to post a long rant about how EMS is treated in the GTA series.

Every GTA game, it seems that Rockstar never seems to put any sort of effort in distinguishing ambulances from one city to another. They all share the same features: white body with red stripes/other things, big bulky Ford-based van, and all say "(INSERT PLACE HERE) AMBULANCE". Obviously, they went for a generic American style, which somewhat surprises me since Rockstar at least makes the effort to loosely base police vehicles on the real city (III was generic since it was a generic hybrid American city, albeit mainly NY-based, VC was loosely based on Miami, SA was based on West Coast US PDs, and IV was directly based on NY). All the ambulances are generic looking.

Let's compare, shall we?
GTA III Ambulance:
user posted image

(I'm not really going to blame them since once again, LC in III was a mainly generic American city)

GTA Vice City Ambulance:
user posted image

Compared to a real Miami ambulance:
user posted image

2 completely different ambulances (the picture was the closest I could find, others were too small or showed a different vehicle).

San Andreas may be the worst:
user posted image

It's a really generic looking ambulance, and serves the whole state. I don't think there is a "State EMS". All cities generally have their own EMS service. Of course, the Ambulance looks nothing like ambulances of the LAFD, SFFD, or LVFD.

Last but not least is the IV Ambulance:
user posted image

It fares a bit better, and shows some echoes to its real life counterpart (FDNY), but still a far cry.
user posted image

glob220
  • glob220

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:46 AM Edited by glob220, 14 November 2012 - 12:49 AM.

If I may say, the NYC ambulances do vary quite a bit. The one that they modeled, albeit generic, is probably the most common body type in NYC. The one you have pictured is only the FDNY ambulance. But I agree that they should try to be more place-specific in EMS types if they can.

NYC Example

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 AM Edited by Limitless, 14 November 2012 - 01:16 AM.

Well ambulances are put into three different groups or types.

QUOTE (EMT Resources)
There are three general ambulance types with several subtypes. When you are specifying what type of ambulance
you want you should know the general overall features of the ambulance. A Type I is a Cab Chassis with modular body. The Gross Vehicle weight
over 10,001 pounds but less than 14,000 pounds.

The major feature of a Type I ambulance is that it is based on a truck style body with a separate driver compartment. Most heavy duty ambulances
are of this type. There is a subclass to this ambulance type, aType I AD (Additional Duty) with a gross vehicle weight of 14,001 pounds or more with
extra cargo capacity.

user posted image

Type II ambulances are a long wheelbase van type with an Integral cab design. The gross vehicle weight is between 9,201 pounds to 10,000 pounds.

Many long-distance transport services use Type II ambulances because of their increased fuel efficiency. In general they do not make for practical
emergency services because of their cramped spaces.

user posted image

Type III ambulances are based on van chassis rather than truck chassis. The cab is an integral part of the ambulance. The gross vehicle weight is the
same as for type I ambulances: 10,001 pounds to 14,000 pounds. Advanced Duty (AD) ambulance types are also available with gross vehicle weights
over 14,001 pounds.

user posted image

From what I understand LAFD uses type 3 ambulances the same ones GTA been uses in ever single game so far (http://www.flickr.co...ian/4747147517/).
I know at one post this was used by most ambulances services then they started getting the larger trucks with larger chassis. So as far as ambulances I think it will be the same that
we been seeing all theses years from R*.

Now I know their a large ambulance service called American Medical Response that operate threw out the United States, I'm uknown if they operate in LA but they use type 2 ambulances
but of course R* don't know as much as real first responders would when it comes to this so they will put what they can research (google) in the game. I doubt we will see anything new.

Fledermausmaster
  • Fledermausmaster

Complete Idiot

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

A tiller ladder would be cool

user posted image

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 AM Edited by Limitless, 14 November 2012 - 01:21 AM.

A tiller ladder would be a awesome new toy in GTA. I think any aerial ladder trucks would be a great new attachment to the game. We were able to climb ladders in GTA IV
so it would be possible for them to make a ladder truck with a climbable ladder. Also being that they may be bringing back the detachable 18-wheeler trailers then I don't see why they can't
put a tiller ladder in the game cause they pretty much work on the same concept.

Fledermausmaster
  • Fledermausmaster

Complete Idiot

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Also they should add an Airport crash tender

I don't know what kind of Airport crash tender americans use. We use the Rosenbauer Panther

user posted image

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

My number one wish for this topic is by far tiller ladders.

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

first of all LED lights thats flashes everywhere red and blue

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Im big on Fire and EMS, you can see on my sig =]

I have been wondering if there will by any variants of fire trucks like an extendable ladder truck or a rescue engine.

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

In American we use Rosenbauer and Oshkosh.

That would be pretty cool to have, I would atleast like to see a normal fire engine at the air port's fire station. GTA IV a fire station at the air port but it didn't have a tuck their nor it had any doors!

I would just like to see the following:

Pierce based pumper
Pierce based Arial Ladder
Pierce based Heavy Rescue
Ford based Ambulance
Ford / Police Car based Chief Truck

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

i'm not too concerned about fire trucks or ambulances.. I kind of consider them a small part of the game.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

My FD mainly has Seagraves and they are nice.

I would be happy to have turnout gear. I was so sad that I couldnt have any to the point where I made a skin for it in SA. Its in my GTA Garage profile if you want to check it out.

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:58 AM Edited by Limitless, 14 November 2012 - 02:13 AM.

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 01:55)
i'm not too concerned about fire trucks or ambulances.. I kind of consider them a small part of the game.

They are, but its like the police car... they are used by the growing role play community. Its not a huge deal if they aren't spot on but I would at least like to see some effort in theses vehicles. Hell all R* has to do is google LAFD and they can come up with a realistic fire engine lol.

@TrialzGTAS:
I really hope they have something like the Mod menu for X360 where you can pick clothes like the police outfits and firefighter turn out gear.

The city I volunteer for has mainly American LaFrance pumpers, Rosenbauer ladder, Rosenbauer rescue, and Ford F-250 chief trucks.
Now for the district, we run all E-Ones (three in total - two pumpers and one rescue) and we have one 5 Alarm Salvage/Hose Tender.

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

One of the easy vehicles that would be a nice feature in my opinion would be a battalion chief vehicle. Whether it be an SUV or a car, station wagon, whatever. I think it would look good.

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (xRescue2x @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 02:03)
One of the easy vehicles that would be a nice feature in my opinion would be a battalion chief vehicle. Whether it be an SUV or a car, station wagon, whatever. I think it would look good.

All they have to do is take a police car, paint the bitch red and white, and your done! cool.gif

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Limitless @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 01:58)

They are, but its like the police car... they are used by the growing role play community. Its not a huge deal if they aren't spot on but I would at least like to see some effort in theses vehicles. Hell all R* has to do is google LAFD and they can come up with a realistic fire engine lol.

@TrialzGTAS:
I really hope they have something like the Mod menu for X360 where you can pick clothes like the police outfits and firefighter turn out gear.

The city I volunteer for has mainly American LaFrance pumpers, Rosenbauer ladder, Rosenbauer rescue, and Ford F-250 chief trucks.
Now for the district, we run all E-Ones (three in total - two pumpers and one rescue) and we have one 5 Alarm Salvage/Hose Tender.

Police outfits and medical outfits was available in GTA SA with no mods. I hope in GTA V too icon14.gif

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Limitless @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:58)

[font=Arial]They are, but its like the police car...

I assure you, if the main part of the game was being chased by fire engines, they would be a bigger topic. There are so many police cars in the game that the nicer they look, the better the game becomes.

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 02:27)
QUOTE (Limitless @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:58)

[font=Arial]They are, but its like the police car...

I assure you, if the main part of the game was being chased by fire engines, they would be a bigger topic. There are so many police cars in the game that the nicer they look, the better the game becomes.

People who are playing the game are mainly playing it because of the game it is, I don't think their paying attention to the police cars unless they have a wanted level or if a police
car is involved in a mission. People who pay attention to detail with theses vehicles are players in roleplay communities. So with that said, the police cars, fire engines, and ambulances
do not need to be spot on but some people will look at them differently but they are still looking for that vehicle to be made like the real deal, any crappy car will be seen so almost all cars
and probably make the game look "bad".

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Limitless @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:54)
In American we use Rosenbauer and Oshkosh.

That would be pretty cool to have, I would atleast like to see a normal fire engine at the air port's fire station. GTA IV a fire station at the air port but it didn't have a tuck their nor it had any doors!

I would just like to see the following:

Pierce based pumper
Pierce based Arial Ladder
Pierce based Heavy Rescue
Ford based Ambulance
Ford / Police Car based Chief Truck

I'm all for Pierces. But LAFD's new Seagrave Marauder II's are to die for.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And for God's sake I agree 100% with the person who mentioned the ambulances earlier. I really hope R* gets Los Angeles right. In LA, there are no private ambulance companies that run 911. All private ambulances in Los Angeles are non-emergency IFT rigs. All EMS in the City of Los Angeles (not the County) is run by the LAFD and their Rescue Ambulances (RA) Both BLS and ALS.

I hope they get rid of the disgusting ambulance from IV (that didn't nearly resemble FDNY or any of NY's private companies at all in my opinion and make a nice design for LAFD's RAs. All red, with red MX7000's or (hopefully) Whelen LEDs.

user posted image

user posted image

And a tiller is a longshot pipe dream sadly, but if they did, it would make me very happy in the pants and would just add to the realism of the LAFD to the fictional LSFD. (LAFD runs Light Forces and Task Forces consisting of a truck and 1 or 2 engine companies)

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

I hate Seagrave with a f*cking passion! I'm a Ferrara guy... cool.gif

ScotiaFire
  • ScotiaFire

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Limitless @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 05:44)
I hate Seagrave with a f*cking passion! I'm a Ferrara guy...  cool.gif

We all Have our preferences, I'm a Sutphen guy myself, but the Ferrara Infernos are nice too.

Back on topic, I agree about the chief car idea, just take a Police SUV and make it Red and White, that its.

The Ambulance Issue was also a big deal to me, and the IV ambulance really didn't represent any of the types of ambulances running in NY City, and the fact that the rear light bar didn't work was also very disappointing, same with the rest of the lights on the ambo. The lightbar wasn't even right for a NYC ambulance, most have a standard clear rotatory lightbar, but R* just threw on the vector bar from the '99 Crown Vic police cars they had and said that's that. There wasn't even an interior for the rear of the ambo, just blackness (side note, if you shoot thru the back of the ambo with the rear doors open, you could shoot the driver, I learned that multiple times in role plays).

My main hopes for FD vehicles is like what most would want:

-Engine Company ( http://api.ning.com/...=541&height=360 )
-Chief Car (SUV preferred) ( http://www.code2high.../lafd_batt2.jpg )
-Ladder Company ( http://www.extraalar...I-100-60612.jpg )
-Rescue Squad ( http://farm4.static...._a2b53f3c51.jpg )
-Ambo ( http://i.ytimg.com/v...OaXMvgdmU/0.jpg )
-Rescue Helicopter
-Airport Crash Truck (optional)

Any truck brand will work for me for the Pumper and Ladder, as long as its not the same Engine from GTA IV, and if the Ladder was a tiller, that would be awesome too.

R* got the fire uniforms right in the past few games, they even made multiple sets for GTA:SA, one for each city which I thought was really cool, hopefully they will do that again for V. ( http://farm9.static...._44dfb916da.jpg )

If the unit numbers on the trucks would change too, that would be amazing, because having just one engine that always had the number 69 on it got really old really fast.

The color scheme is also important, being that on the trucks in IV, it was basic Red and white, which was the older colors for the FDNY in the early 90's before the new stripe was added in. The LAFD colors are simple, Red with a white stripe, but not a solid white stripe like in IV, R* should be able to pull that off.

One of the things that really got me in IV was the whole 69 thing, I mean "oh haha! 69!" but on the fire engine? come on guys, really?

Well, there's my rant.

ninjapixy
  • ninjapixy

"I'm a mushroom cloud an you have a knife"

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Fledermausmaster @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 01:23)
Also they should add an Airport crash tender

I don't know what kind of Airport crash tender americans use. We use the Rosenbauer Panther

user posted image

Those things can move surprisingly fast over rough terrain

xan213
  • xan213

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

it would be awsome if they put a sutphin.

CodyGTAFan
  • CodyGTAFan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA 5 should have gave Blaine County their own fire trucks. And different look instead of the regular trucks, maybe using a Firetruck chassis with a Brute cab instead of MTL.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by WildBrick142, 3 weeks ago.

What's the point of the bump? If you have any ideas for future content to post, please do so here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users