Photo

Gangs that SHOULD appear in V

594 replies to this topic
LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

there are no gangs get it in your heads, how do gangs and the theme of heist even mix together?? this is a post gang era

JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (LeThaL AsSeT @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:41)
there are no gangs get it in your heads, how do gangs and the theme of heist even mix together?? this is a post gang era

No gangs in the gang capital of the world? I doubt it.

Tommy_Vercetti_Mob
  • Tommy_Vercetti_Mob

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:04)
QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:47)
I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

Triads aren't a Icon in NYC, yet they were in IV and Chinatown wars.

Also Asian gangs are becoming stronger I heard. I heard that Asian gangs are taking on both black and Hispanic gangs.

I think you should watch this.

Asians wouldn't cross the Hispanics...Hispanics are backed by the cartel and the Mexican cartel is most powerful in the world...and nobody wants to cross the Mexican cartel

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Zip87 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:31)
Nazi lowriders/Aryan brotherhood

Or at least some kind of interpretation of them. SoCal and all. They're considerably smaller than most gangs as far as I know, but would make sense to maybe have a few missions involving them in the beginning of the game.

I'm thinking Sons Of Anarchy.

The fact that we'll have more rural areas makes me quite sure that we'll see some white gangs. Like the Trailer Park Mafia in VCS.
Bikers are not that interesting to me.
I like more to see a clan of white folks...

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:49 PM Edited by Official General, 13 November 2012 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:32)
QUOTE (JimJones @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:26)
I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

Also Asian gangs are becoming stronger I heard. I heard that Asian gangs are taking on both black and Hispanic gangs.

QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:07)

You're right, and triads will most likely make a return in V. However, I personally believe that mexican/afro-american gangs will be a larger focus area, but who knows.

Trust me dude, Asian gangs are pretty powerful on the WC and they're getting more stronger. Soon in LA they're may be a three way with Black gangs, Hispanic gangs and Asian gangs.

LA is not like it was in the 90s, where it was just black street gangs dominating. Other groups like Hispanics, Armenians, Asians and even Pacific Islanders have joined the action.

Your completely wrong bruh. Asian gangs are nowhere near as powerful or influential as black/mexican gangs. They will be in the game but they wont be super street gangs (surenos/bloods/crips etc) or nothing.

The Wah Ching are like one of the strongest Asian gangs. Asian gangs are getting up there and soon.

I agree with Jim Jones.

Asian gangs are definitely significant in the LA underworld, but he's right, they are nowhere near as powerful as the Hispanic and Black gangs there in terms of turf control, influence and manpower.

However in some LA locales where there is a heavy Asian population, it is quite possible that Asian gangs dominate those specific areas, if there are gangs there in the first place. But generally speaking, Asian gangs normally do not and cannot really compete with Hispanic and Black gangs in LA, if anything they may make alliances. Most of the time, they fight gang wars among themselves.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hahahaha. U funny.

Thankfully R* is more creative that you.
Nothing of what you wrote makes sense ma, ha hahaha, literally NOTHING.

Dukemdupem
  • Dukemdupem

D Guru

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:51 PM Edited by Dukemdupem, 13 November 2012 - 08:57 PM.

I think there's very little to be discussed here on what gangs actually feature in the game. We will more than likely have run-ins with the cross-section, from black, European to Asian. Speaking of Asian gangs, no doubt we'll see the return of the Triads, they gather a very large presence in L.A.

Damn, just thinking of Triads pours back memories of Wu Zi - he was one badass motherf*cker.

As for other things that could be improved: Rockstar could work on the way the protagonists will be involved with the gangs. By that I mean more involvement in taking over turf, handling narcotics and pushing weight. I want at least one of the three protagonists to be affiliated heavily with a gang. Also another thing I felt lacking in the previous edition was the danger gangs presented (very little). They actually need to feel threatening like in the III era; I felt that with IV, despite its LCN and Eastern European influence, it did not feel intimidating when entering certain zones - in fact, the gang presence was near non-existent.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:53 PM Edited by Official General, 13 November 2012 - 08:57 PM.

@ Lethal Asset

You seem cool, but you sometimes have the habit of coming to conclusions too soon about stuff you don't know much about. This can make you look a bit silly in the process. If you actually the read the preview information properly, it clearly states that Franklin is an ex-gangbanger trying to get out of the street gang lifestyle, but is still affiliated to it in many ways. His home district, South Los Santos is described as "gang-infested". All this gives us strong reason to believe we'll see gangs. Hence, why we are discussing this subject.

I'd be very, very surprised (and disappointed) if street gangs were not featured significantly in GTA V. However, judging from what we know so far, it's expected for them to be there in quite a big way.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:06 PM Edited by The Made Man, 13 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

QUOTE (JimJones @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:40)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:32)
QUOTE (JimJones @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:26)

QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:07)

You're right, and triads will most likely make a return in V. However, I personally believe that mexican/afro-american gangs will be a larger focus area, but who knows.

Trust me dude, Asian gangs are pretty powerful on the WC and they're getting more stronger. Soon in LA they're may be a three way with Black gangs, Hispanic gangs and Asian gangs.

LA is not like it was in the 90s, where it was just black street gangs dominating. Other groups like Hispanics, Armenians, Asians and even Pacific Islanders have joined the action.

Your completely wrong bruh. Asian gangs are nowhere near as powerful or influential as black/mexican gangs. They will be in the game but they wont be super street gangs (surenos/bloods/crips etc) or nothing.

The Wah Ching are like one of the strongest Asian gangs. Asian gangs are getting up there and soon.

When it comes to street gangs asians are not really taken seriously. If their not pretending to be black....they pretend to be mexican. Asian street gangs don't go to "war" with blacks because its the blacks what give them the orders to fight the mexicans. Blacks let them into the bloods and crips to do dirty work but as soon as they go to prison (the superbowl of street gangs lol) they don't claim blood or crip because blacks don't recognise them as real bloods/crips. I don't know about the future but for now they have no power in prison or the streets.

The South/East LA is not all that represents gang life in LA. True, Asian gangs mostly strong in the Chinatown area, but their getting bigger and I hear their going to war with Black/Hispanic gangs.

I never heard about black gangs using Asian gangs. Asian gangs like the Wah ching have direct connection with the Triads, which is pretty deadly because they Triads supply them with guns and drugs.

@Cazzer14

Thanks.

@Tommy_Vercetti_Mob

And Asian gangs are backed by the Triads. Mexican drug cartels aren't the strongest in the world, their influence is mostly limited to North America. The strongest criminal organizations are Eastern European groups like Russians, Serbians, Albanians,etc because their influence is world wide in almost every continent.

@Official General
The fact that I'm trying to state is that Asian gangs are getting stronger in LA. I heard an Asian gang overtook a black gang controlled area because the black gang wasn't as armed as the Asian gang.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Ok let me add my two cents into this, because a lot of you have it confused.

I'm from LA and have family all over LA and know many people that bang (black and Hispanic) and have some fam that are REAL crips and some Bloods. First off, Asian gangs are not a factor in LA. Their there and you'll hear about them from time to time. BUT, they don't make nearly as much noise in LA as black and Hispanic gangs. Anyone who lives in a hood in LA knows this. Honestly, Asian gangs are way more popular in Norther Cali. So just stop with the Asian gangs. Their gangs make up a VERY small percent of LA.

Now I saw someone say that Black and Mexican gangs make up a small percentage of LA. NO. Hispanic gangs in LA, you can find them almost anywhere. their in:
East LA-Boyle Heights,Whittier, Pico Rivera etc. (Black aren't very welcomed, home to predominately Hispanics/Hispanic gangs)

Northeast LA- Highland Park, Cypress Park etc. (Blacks definitely not very welcomed and Predominately Hispanic)

The valley, West LA(West Adams, Culver Park, Venice, Santa Monica etc.) South LA(South Central,Compton,Florence,Carson, Lynwood etc.) Rampart district, EVERYWHERE. And their population in all these areas are HUGE. Matter of fact, Surenos or Sur 13 is about to start running LA.

Anyone ever heard of 18st or Florencia 13? Those two Hispanic gangs have one of the biggest gang membership/population in LA.

Armenian gangs, Russian gangs etc. Don't have a big gang pop. And aren't that active. Usually a joke to many Hispanic and Black gangs. You don't hear about them too much. Their whatever to other street gangs because Many of the European gangs are in the rich parts like Beverly hills, Brentwood...you get it. More of the European gangs are more organized and more Mafia type because many of them come from money. Thats why their a joke to many..

Let me tell you, the black gang population/ and general population, is slowly starting to decrease due to a lot of Hispanics that are coming into LA. Hell, Compton that use to be Predominately black, is now mainly Hispanic.

So in conclusion, if GTA V is "realistically" capturing LA, their are definitely going to be black and Hispanic gangs. IDK about the others, but im sure they will put some other kind of ethnicity gangs in it to.

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I think there should be more Mexican and Central American gangs to reflect the current gang environment of LA.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (moKoE_LoCz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:48)

I'm from LA and have family all over LA and know many people that bang (black and Hispanic) and have some fam that are REAL crips and some Bloods. First off, Asian gangs are not a factor in LA. Their there and you'll hear about them from time to time. BUT, they don't make nearly as much noise in LA as black and Hispanic gangs. Anyone who lives in a hood in LA knows this. Honestly, Asian gangs are way more popular in Norther Cali. So just stop with the Asian gangs. Their gangs make up a VERY small percent of LA.

Now I saw someone say that Black and Mexican gangs make up a small percentage of LA. NO. Hispanic gangs in LA, you can find them almost anywhere. their in:
East LA-Boyle Heights,Whittier, Pico Rivera etc. (Black aren't very welcomed, home to predominately Hispanics/Hispanic gangs)

Northeast LA- Highland Park, Cypress Park etc. (Blacks definitely not very welcomed and Predominately Hispanic)

The valley, West LA(West Adams, Culver Park, Venice, Santa Monica etc.) South LA(South Central,Compton,Florence,Carson, Lynwood etc.) Rampart district, EVERYWHERE. And their population in all these areas are HUGE. Matter of fact, Surenos or Sur 13 is about to start running LA.

Anyone ever heard of 18st or Florencia 13? Those two Hispanic gangs have one of the biggest gang membership/population in LA.

Armenian gangs, Russian gangs etc. Don't have a big gang pop. And aren't that active. Usually a joke to many Hispanic and Black gangs. You don't hear about them too much. Their whatever to other street gangs because Many of the European gangs are in the rich parts like Beverly hills, Brentwood...you get it. More of the European gangs are more organized and more Mafia type because many of them come from money. Thats why their a joke to many..

Let me tell you, the black gang population/ and general population, is slowly starting to decrease due to a lot of Hispanics that are coming into LA. Hell, Compton that use to be Predominately black, is now mainly Hispanic.

So in conclusion, if GTA V is "realistically" capturing LA, their are definitely going to be black and Hispanic gangs. IDK about the others, but im sure they will put some other kind of ethnicity gangs in it to.

Yup

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Northeast LA- Highland Park, Cypress Park etc.  (Blacks definitely not very welcomed and Predominately Hispanic)

Again LA gang violence does not just represent those areas. You are forgetting Chinatown, which has a high Asian gang population and Asian gangs are growing in numbers...

R is not just going to focus on Black and Hispanic street gangs. There are other gangs in LA besides Black/Hispanic gangs like the Nazi lowriders, Wah Ching,Armenian power,Mongel MC,etc...They should too be included in the game. Again the areas that you mentioned does not only represent LA gang violence.

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

The Korean Mob, which are actually collectives of Korean street gangs in the Rosemead/OC area IRL, aren't active as they used to be. They're not as significant as a criminal contender as they were in the past.

And the white supremacist gangs in So Cal (Nazi Low Riders, Aryan Brotherhood) are usually affiliated within the prison populations. There aren't any significant white-supremacist gangs within the area, excluding any motorcycle clubs, however.

Russians aren't predominate in Los Angeles and aren't that significant as a criminal organization within Los Angeles.

--

The only gangs/CO's that should be mentioned or presented within the game are the Hispanic street gangs (Sur-13, MS-13, Avenues, Florencia-13, White Fence, etc.), the coyote gangs that smuggle illegal immigrants into the US, and the traditional Southern Los Angeles street gangs (Bloods, Crips). There still exists a racial/gang war between the Hispanics and Blacks over control of the city's gang network.

Also, the Southeastern Asian street gangs predominate in the South Bay (Long Beach, Torrance, Hawthorne) such as Asian Boyz, Vietnamese Boyz, and the Wah Ching should have some influence in the game's storyline as well.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

There's a fair distinction btw street gangs and organized crime syndicates.
I'd never - ever - compare an Hispanic/AA street gang with an Eurasian organization. It makes no sense.
But they are both part of the same underworld...just like a J'n'B clerk and a lawyer both belong to the upper world.

Quit this "I know people" thing.
You're not impressing anyone.
You're statements lack a lot of info .

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (JPichay @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:55)
The Korean Mob, which are actually collectives of Korean street gangs in the Rosemead/OC area IRL, aren't active as they used to be. They're not as significant as a criminal contender as they were in the past.

Korean criminal groups still seem to be active.
http://www.lvrj.com/...nspiracy-0.html
http://losangeles.cb...-in-hate-crime/

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:54)

Northeast LA- Highland Park, Cypress Park etc.  (Blacks definitely not very welcomed and Predominately Hispanic)

Again LA gang violence does not just represent those areas. You are forgetting Chinatown, which has a high Asian gang population and Asian gangs are growing in numbers...

R is not just going to focus on Black and Hispanic street gangs. There are other gangs in LA besides Black/Hispanic gangs like the Nazi lowriders, Wah Ching,Armenian power,Mongel MC,etc...They should too be included in the game. Again the areas that you mentioned does not only represent LA gang violence.

Actually, no. The Nazi Low Riders and other white-supremacist groups are actually muscled prison gangs with some affiliate networks outside of the prison. They aren't relative to the current criminal culture of today's contemporary Los Angeles crime culture since they're so confined to the internal affairs concerning their own prison populations.

Chinatown doesn't have any significant criminal organizations within. That usually occurs in San Francisco's Chinatown. The only
significant criminal gangs that have power in Chinatown are the younger-aged teenage crews.

Asian gangs are growing larger and larger not in Los Angeles, but in South Los Angeles, near the area of Long Beach.

Armenian Power is just a collective of credit card fraudsters and identity thefts. They also do loansharking but do not go beyond the city limits of Glendale, a suburb of Los Angeles County, which has the highest population of immigrant Armenians anywhere in the world.

Rockstar will focus in on the racial tensions between the Hispanic and Black gangs. It'd be foolish to not do so if they wish to recreate the image of a redefined, contemporary Los Santos.

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:02)
QUOTE (JPichay @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:55)

Korean criminal groups still seem to be active.
http://www.lvrj.com/...nspiracy-0.html
http://losangeles.cb...-in-hate-crime/

Those are just criminal incidences. Plus they got caught. That has to say something. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to find a documentary concerning the Korean Mob in the US, let alone in Los Angeles alone. They just don't have the significance of being deemed as a gang enterprise within the game.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

The Made Man, it's pretty obvious that you're really trying to prove how strong the asian gangs are, and no doubt that they are, but on a GTA level where you mostly meet with gangs on the street, they're not really that big. Sure they'll be met in a couple of missions (apparently), and you'll get a piece of them there, but on the regular GTA level that is about strolling around an open world, they most likely wont be that visible.

QUOTE (moKoE_LoCz)

This guy really shows it well with his entire reply (this is a cut version of his entire reply). There's no doubt the asian families or gangs are strong, but they're discreet and they operate with silence whenever they can get away with it. Hispanics are, as mentioned, dominating in the visual image of Los Angeles' crime picture. This can't be denied, even if Chinatown has the mobs there.

However, this thread isn't about fighting for a gang, but about what we want. It's clear that you want an asian mob, and everyone has their rights to wish for something, so let it be it.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:14 PM Edited by The Made Man, 13 November 2012 - 10:20 PM.

@JPichay

Actually, no. The Nazi Low Riders and other white-supremacist groups are actually muscled prison gangs with some affiliate networks outside of the prison. They aren't relative to the current criminal culture of today's contemporary Los Angeles crime culture since they're so confined to the internal affairs concerning their own prison populations.

You do know that the AB are NOT just a prison gang, but actually can be labled a criminal organization and they are a gang
http://blogs.laweekl...target_cops.php
The Aryan Brotherhood and Nazi Lowriders are mostly located in the suburban areas of the LA county.

Chinatown doesn't have any significant criminal organizations within. That usually occurs in San Francisco's Chinatown. The only
significant criminal gangs that have power in Chinatown are the younger-aged teenage crews.

Do you have proof for this. The Wah Ching, a very powerful Chinese gang is said to have direct connection to the Triads.

Asian gangs are growing larger and larger not in Los Angeles, but in South Los Angeles, near the area of Long Beach.

South Los Angeles is most likely going to be included in the game

Armenian Power is just a collective of credit card fraudsters and identity thefts. They also do loansharking but do not go beyond the city limits of Glendale, a suburb of Los Angeles County, which has the highest population of immigrant Armenians anywhere in the world.

Armenian gang is already confirmed to be in the game.

R will focus in on the racial tensions between the Hispanic and Black gangs. It'd be foolish to not do so if they wish to recreate the image of a redefined, contemporary Los Santos.

I doubt R will only focus on that.

Those are just criminal incidences. Plus they got caught. That has to say something. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to find a documentary concerning the Korean Mob in the US, let alone in Los Angeles alone. They just don't have the significance of being deemed as a gang enterprise within the game.

You can barley find a documentary of the Triads in NYC, yet they were in IV. Asian organized groups operate in secrecy, you barley know anything on the Triads, Yakuza's or Korean Mob.

Also the Korean Mob barley has any significance in NYC, yet they were in IV.

@Shadylasse
How many tells do I have to tell you guys, that Asian gangs power is strong near the Chinatown area. Also I just been trying to say that Asian gangs influence is growing.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

No, AP is a street gang used as a training period for Armenian-American hoods to join the big league under a Vor in a crime family.
Those fraudsters make MILLIONS without even touching a gun. Armenian-American OC cannot be compared to any Hispanic/AA street gangs, they operate in different ways and follow different business visions.

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

@The Made Man

You do know that the AB are NOT just a prison gang, but actually can be labled a criminal organization and they are a gang

That's why I said, "with some affiliate networks outside of the prison." They don't carry their daily tasks or focus all of their efforts outside of prison. It all starts within the prison, hence prison gang.

Do you have proof for this. The Wah Ching, a very powerful Chinese gang is said to have direct connection to the Triads.

Wah Ching is a Triad society. suicidal.gif

Armenian gang is already confirmed to be in the game.

Proof? It was only in my knowledge that Franklin worked for an Armenian car dealership, not a gang of any sort.

I doubt R will only focus on that.

They will focus on it, but they won't make the entire game's storyline revolving around that one aspect of LA's culture. They've said that the game will feature the aspects of LA such as illegal immigration, pornography, marijuana, and the bankrupted government.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:54)

Not trying to be rude but, first are you from LA? Cuz if your not, I'm even gonna go back and fourth, because to many of outsiders that don't live in LA go off info they hear on the news, internet and gangland lol. And its all exaggerated. All my info is from personal experience, and just people I know!

Regardless, whether I forgot Chinatown or not, the point is Asian gangs are not that big in LA as your trying to make it out to be! I'm not trying to deny their existence and their numbers. Trust me, I KNOW their there and their numbers are growing. I even have some homies from asian boyz crips. I'm not sayin their weak but compared to Black and Hispanics their nothing. And their never going to out populate Hispanics that's for sure.

What you gotta know about gang life is that there is a big difference between being there and being a active gang. Anyone can start a gang and say their this and that.. but do they put in work is the question. Ask any real OG from LA whether their a Crip, Blood or sureno. Asian gangs ARE NOT A FACTOR AND ARE NOT THAT ACTIVE. If anything I've seen a good number of Asians in black gangs and Hispanic gangs.

And I know this.. that R* is not making the focus about Black and Hispanic gangs. I mean, their main focus isn't even on gangs. But im saying if their going to put gangs There will be black and hispanics no doubt. And a lot of people were getting their info mixed up about LA so I needed to clear the air.
And really those area I mentioned don't represent gang violence... Really? SMH. I named most of those places because those have a lot of gang activity. But I agree they should definitely have different gangs especially those Nazi motherf*ckers. I would love to run around blastin at them. No hate. I'm just giving the facts brother smile.gif

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:35 PM Edited by The Made Man, 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM.

@JPichay

That's why I said, "with some affiliate networks outside of the prison." They don't carry their daily tasks or focus all of their efforts outside of prison. It all starts within the prison, hence prison gang.

Not always, I heard that they drug deal and try to defend their turf from other gangs, like the bloods.

Wah Ching is a Triad society.  suicidal.gif

You do know the Wah Ching is mostly labeled as a street gang right?

Proof? It was only in my knowledge that Franklin worked for an Armenian car dealership, not a gang of any sort.

It is said that Frank works for dealership that is owned by Armenian gangsters...It was said so in the IGN scope...

They will focus on it, but they won't make the entire game's storyline revolving around that one aspect of LA's culture. They've said that the game will feature the aspects of LA such as illegal immigration, pornography, marijuana, and the bankrupted  government.

When did they say all of this.

@moKoE_LoCz
And do you live near the Chinatown area? Does it look like I am trying to make Asian gangs more powerful than Black/Hispanic gangs? No. I said that they are most influential and strong in the Chinatown area and their numbers are growing to that they are taking on black/Hispanic gangs. I know that Black/Hispanic street gangs dominate LA. But the fact that I was trying to say is Asian gangs are not far behind and their power is most strong Asian populated areas.

That's all...

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (boschram @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:02)

There's a fair distinction btw street gangs and organized crime syndicates.
I'd never - ever - compare an Hispanic/AA street gang with an Eurasian organization. It makes no sense.
But they are both part of the same underworld...just like a J'n'B clerk and a lawyer both belong to the upper world.

Quit this "I know people" thing.
You're not impressing anyone.
You're statements lack a lot of info .

Did I say I was "trying to impress people"? I knew I was gonna get that though. So it's fine. And since my statements "lack info" well what do you wanna know? I could go on all day about LA buddy. I'm simply shedding light to any outsiders of LA, what its really about. Not all that damn media non sense and movies a lot of you give into. Got a question ill answer it.

And about comparing the street gangs to organized European gangs, What im saying is that as far as Armenian, Russian etc. gangs go in LA, their mainly more organized and their not "street" level. But I don't ever hear about them doing anything. I'm NOT comparing them I know the difference between the two. So if it seemed that way, my bad.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

And for the side note theres a reason why its called "organized crime". Which is a reason why you probably never hear about Russian Mafia, Asian organized mafias or Armenian Mafia in LA. Just saying

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

R* will show all layers of LS underworld. From street gangs to more organized, transnational syndicates.
That happened in IV as well: we had the M.O.B. and the Russians, the McRearys and the Italians.

If you don't hear about them...it means they're good.

I'm from LA.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:35)
@JPichay

Not always, I heard that they drug deal and try to defend their turf from other gangs, like the bloods.

It is said that Frank works for dealership that is owned by Armenian gangsters...It was said so in the IGN scope...

They will focus on it, but they won't make the entire game's storyline revolving around that one aspect of LA's culture. They've said that the game will feature the aspects of LA such as illegal immigration, pornography, marijuana, and the bankrupted  government.

@moKoE_LoCz
And do you live near the Chinatown area? Does it look like I am trying to make Asian gangs more powerful than Black/Hispanic gangs? No. I said that they are most influential and strong in the Chinatown area and their numbers are growing to that they are taking on black/Hispanic gangs. I know that Black/Hispanic street gangs dominate LA. But the fact that I was trying to say is Asian gangs are not far behind and their power is most strong Asian populated areas.

That's all...

No I don't but a lot of us never hear about them. So of course, their going to dominate in their own domain its Chinatown, no ones gonna try to take over that. Just saying to some and I think you already understand, Asian gangs in LA in general, aren't really the most talked about(easiest way to say it). But no forreal, I totally get what your saying though. And My first post was never directly pointed towards you or anything. I just saw some confusion from other members on the forum so I just thought I would clear somethings up about LA in general. biggrin.gif

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (moKoE_LoCz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:52)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:35)
@JPichay

@moKoE_LoCz

That's all...

No I don't but a lot of us never hear about them. So of course, their going to dominate in their own domain its Chinatown, no ones gonna try to take over that. Just saying to some and I think you already understand, Asian gangs in LA in general, aren't really the most talked about(easiest way to say it). But no forreal, I totally get what your saying though. And My first post was never directly pointed towards you or anything. I just saw some confusion from other members on the forum so I just thought I would clear somethings up about LA in general. biggrin.gif

From what I come to understand is that violence from Asian gangs mostly effects the Asian community. But all I am trying to say that their power is growing. I mean in the early 90s, nobody expected Hispanic gangs to grow and become what they are.

That's all I was trying to express.

Gazanfar
  • Gazanfar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Some sort of parody of the rivalry between the Asian Boyz and Way Ching would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users