» «
Photo

Gangs that SHOULD appear in V

594 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by Official General, 07 May 2013 - 10:12 PM.

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:35)
QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:25)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:15)
Colombian Cartels seem to be more active in Miami. I remember the Colombian gang in 50cents get rich or die trying film.

I just pray that R includes Mexican cartels in V, since they actually have a large presence in LA. But the question is...What role will they play. The games storyline will mostly be about doing Heist. But I keep thinking they will have a role in Trevor's storyline since he deals with drugs...

Official General, how do you think the Mexican Cartels will be incorporated into V storyline?

Yeah, Colombian drug organizations still have a very strong presence in Miami. If we ever get another GTA game set in Vice City, I should definitely expect to see them that.

I watched Get Rich Or Die Tryin' a good number of years ago, and yes I remember the Colombian drug gang in that movie. However bear in mind, that part of the movie was set in the 1980s and it was based on a real-life incident involving the Supreme Team that happened back in their heyday in the 1980s. A group of Supreme Team members set up, robbed and killed a bunch of Colombian drug middlemen for their drug stash and money. This was all back in the 1980s.

I pray to see Mexican cartels too bro, believe me on that. Who knows, one of their heists may be that they steal a huge shipment of drugs from a Mexican drug cartel ?? Franklin's old gang might have beef with Chicano's with ties to Mexican cartels ? Man, so many juicy possibilities for a great cartel storyline !

I even hear Colombian cartels use submarines to smuggle drugs into Miami. But if R does go back to Vice City, we will not only see Colombian Cartels, but Caribbean gangs, which I can't wait! Don't think Miami ain't about it no more...Miani is still a very violent place. I remember when my friend was staying in Miami and someone broke into his car and stole his new pair of Jordan's. biggrin.gif

Just because the 80s are over doesn't mean Miami is safe.

I could have sworn Get Rich or die trying took place in the late 90s or early 2000...

And good point on a heist involving stealing large shipments of drugs from the Cartel. In VCS the Vance Brothers did that and that's how they became rich. Good job bringing that up, Frank, Michael or Trevor could possibly do an heist like that.

Man, I very know know that Miami is still has a thriving underworld and gang scene. Many people are still not aware of this. Many people think because the 1980s Cocaine Cowboy era has long gone and Miami is now just a glitzy, tropical paradise for tourists and rich people. I watch crime documentaries like the The First 48 and from what I've seen, Miami still has a very high rate, of crime, murder, gang and drug trade activity. Some of Miami's most dangerous ghettos can even rival some of the better known Los Angeles ghettos like Compton for gangs and gun violence.

If the next GTA is in Vice City, we can expect Caribbean gangs, but my guess is they will probably be Haitan, because the top Caribbean gangs in Miami are mostly Haitian.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin was mostly set in the late 1990s/early 2000s, as it was based on 50 Cent's life as a hustler and eventual rapper. But 50 Cent is from South Jamaica, Queens, NYC, and that is also where the Supreme Team were once based and operated from. 50 Cent was just using real-life crime stories from streets of the hood he grew up in as script material for his movie. Many elements of the movie's storyline was very much loosely based on the real activities of the Supreme Team back in the 1980s, and 50 Cent's antagonist character Majestic, was actually closely based on the real-life Supreme Team leader, Kenneth McGriff.

@ Getzmunney

I missed the days of Vice City when you knew at once you were either in Little Haiti or Little Havana whenever you heard gunshots and saw rival Cuban and Haitian gangs blasting at each other in the streets with guns.

@ Afly94

Good last post icon14.gif

I've always stressed the difference between Mexican drug cartels and Mexican-American (or just Hispanic) LA-based street gangs.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Good topic guys @ Made Man The Supreme Team Ran sh*t in NYC even the Mafia Knew Better than to f*ck with Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff from My talks with People in NYC he was rumored to have had several Mafia members killed over not paying him is money.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Now it seems Grove Street/Ballas are cconfirmed but we didn't get any info about Latino gangs, they should be there

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by The Made Man, 09 May 2013 - 10:37 PM.

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:00)
Colombian Cartels seem to be more active in Miami. I remember the Colombian gang in 50cents get rich or die trying film.

I just pray that R includes Mexican cartels in V, since they actually have a large presence in LA. But the question is...What role will they play. The games storyline will mostly be about doing Heist. But I keep thinking they will have a role in Trevor's storyline since he deals with drugs...

Official General, how do you think the Mexican Cartels will be incorporated into V storyline?

Yeah, Colombian drug organizations still have a very strong presence in Miami. If we ever get another GTA game set in Vice City, I should definitely expect to see them that.

I watched Get Rich Or Die Tryin' a good number of years ago, and yes I remember the Colombian drug gang in that movie. However bear in mind, that part of the movie was set in the 1980s and it was based on a real-life incident involving the Supreme Team that happened back in their heyday in the 1980s. A group of Supreme Team members set up, robbed and killed a bunch of Colombian drug middlemen for their drug stash and money. This was all back in the 1980s.

I pray to see Mexican cartels too bro, believe me on that. Who knows, one of their heists may be that they steal a huge shipment of drugs from a Mexican drug cartel ?? Franklin's old gang might have beef with Chicano's with ties to Mexican cartels ? Man, so many juicy possibilities for a great cartel storyline !

I even hear Colombian cartels use submarines to smuggle drugs into Miami. But if R does go back to Vice City, we will not only see Colombian Cartels, but Caribbean gangs, which I can't wait! Don't think Miami ain't about it no more...Miani is still a very violent place. I remember when my friend was staying in Miami and someone broke into his car and stole his new pair of Jordan's. biggrin.gif

I could have sworn Get Rich or die trying took place in the late 90s or early 2000...

And good point on a heist involving stealing large shipments of drugs from the Cartel. In VCS the Vance Brothers did that and that's how they became rich. Good job bringing that up, Frank, Michael or Trevor could possibly do an heist like that.

Man, I very know know that Miami is still has a thriving underworld and gang scene. Many people are still not aware of this. Many people think because the 1980s Cocaine Cowboy era has long gone and Miami is now just a glitzy, tropical paradise for tourists and rich people. I watch crime documentaries like the The First 48 and from what I've seen, Miami still has a very high rate, of crime, murder, gang and drug trade activity. Some of Miami's most dangerous ghettos can even rival some of the better known Los Angeles ghettos like Compton for gangs and gun violence.

If the next GTA is in Vice City, we can expect Caribbean gangs, but my guess is they will probably be Haitan, because the top Caribbean gangs in Miami are mostly Haitian.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin was mostly set in the late 1990s/early 2000s, as it was based on 50 Cent's life as a hustler and eventual rapper. But 50 Cent is from South Jamaica, Queens, NYC, and that is also where the Supreme Team were once based and operated from. 50 Cent was just using real-life crime stories from streets of the hood he grew up in as script material for his movie. Many elements of the movie's storyline was very much loosely based on the real activities of the Supreme Team back in the 1980s, and 50 Cent's antagonist character Majestic, was actually closely based on the real-life Supreme Team leader, Kenneth McGriff.

Agreed. If you think Miami aint about it no more, then you got another thing coming. Miami has all types orf gangs from Caribbean gangs, Cartels, Biker gangs, white supremacist gangs,etc,etc...And not trying to disrespect my African-American brothers, but us Caribbean go harder.... cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

I mean their straight up ruthless. Theyuse machetes, torture and all types of stuff. I'm just saying. The Jamaican Posse were straight up brutal during the 80s. And now the Haitians are running sh*t in Miami. Man I cant wait for another GTA to be set in Miami...Not only does Miami have a not of gangs, but it would be good due to it being a vacation spot and the tropical feel.

And thanks for informing me more in Get rich of die trying. icon14.gif

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

GodD*mn! The Supreme team were that hard? That the mafia knew better? I never knew that...

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:03)

Agreed. If you think Miami aint about it no more, then you got another thing coming. Miami has all types orf gangs from Caribbean gangs, Cartels, Biker gangs, white supremacist gangs,etc,etc...And not trying to disrespect my African-American brothers, but us Caribbean go harder.... cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

I mean we are straight up ruthless. We use machetes, torture and all types of stuff. I'm just saying. The Jamaican Posse were straight up brutal during the 80s. And now the Haitians are running sh*t in Miami. Man I cant wait for another GTA to be set in Miami...

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

GodD*mn! The Supreme team were that hard? That the mafia knew better? I never knew that...

Stop using the term "we" like to say you've ever been in one of these gangs.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Carmelo2 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:07)

I mean we are straight up ruthless. We use machetes, torture and all types of stuff. I'm just saying. The Jamaican Posse were straight up brutal during the 80s. And now the Haitians are running sh*t in Miami. Man I cant wait for another GTA to be set in Miami...

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

Dude chill the f*ck out. I'm messing around. I never implied that I was in a gang.

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:09)

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

Dude chill the f*ck out. I'm messing around. I never implied that I was in a gang.

Sorry bruv, it just seemed like you were implying you were in one of those gangs.

Didn't mean to sound like I was going at you, peace.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Carmelo2 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:30)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:09)

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

Sorry bruv, it just seemed like you were implying you were in one of those gangs.

Didn't mean to sound like I was going at you, peace.

No prob man.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

Lool your funny !!

Nah, none is more harder than the other, they are all just as bad and as violent as each other. African-American gangs are still the predominant force in black organized crime in the U.S, as they are the overwhelming majority black ethnic group. Miami has many Haitian and other Caribbean gangs, but there is still a heavy presence of African-American gangs, the two will just intermingle and co-operate most of the time any way, being black kinda just does that. Just like the African-American gangs like GD will intermingle and co-operate with the Nigerian organized crime groups in Chicago.

Having said that, the Jamaican Posses were very serious players in the New York gang scene back in the 1980s, especially in Brooklyn, and to some extent, Miami. Their influence has significantly declined for a while though, U.S-based Jamaican gangs are not really making the noise like they did back in the 1980s and early to mid-1990s. There were fierce gang wars between African-American gangs and Jamaican Posses over the crack trade in the 80s and 90s. Haitians are definitely very significant and influential in the Miami gang scene due to the very large Haitian community there, but whether they run it or not is open to question. Many African-American gangs still have a heavy presence in Miami too.

Anyways who's we ? I'm pretty sure Bajans are very cool-headed and easy-going, they generally are not into gangs and organized crime unlike other Caribbeans such as the Jamaicans and Haitians ? Lol lol.gif

I don't know anything about Mafia reference by CSM DOGG, but I do know that the Supreme Team were definitely hard !! Kenneth McGriff was the nearest thing to an African-American Al Capone or John Gotti of the hood back in the 1980s.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:38)

@CSM. HB J-DOGG

Lool your funny !!

Nah, none is more harder than the other, they are all just as bad and as violent as each other. African-American gangs are still the predominant force in black organized crime in the U.S, as they are the overwhelming majority black ethnic group. Miami has many Haitian and other Caribbean gangs, but there is still a heavy presence of African-American gangs, the two will just intermingle and co-operate most of the time any way, being black kinda just does that. Just like the African-American gangs like GD will intermingle and co-operate with the Nigerian organized crime groups in Chicago.

Having said that, the Jamaican Posses were very serious players in the New York gang scene back in the 1980s, especially in Brooklyn, and to some extent, Miami. Their influence has significantly declined for a while though, U.S-based Jamaican gangs are not really making the noise like they did back in the 1980s and early to mid-1990s. There were fierce gang wars between African-American gangs and Jamaican Posses over the crack trade in the 80s and 90s. Haitians are definitely very significant and influential in the Miami gang scene due to the very large Haitian community there, but whether they run it or not is open to question. Many African-American gangs still have a heavy presence in Miami too.

Anyways who's we ? I'm pretty sure Bajans are very cool-headed and easy-going, they generally are not into gangs and organized crime unlike other Caribbeans such as the Jamaicans and Haitians ? Lol lol.gif

I don't know anything about Mafia reference by CSM DOGG, but I do know that the Supreme Team were definitely hard !! Kenneth McGriff was the nearest thing to an African-American Al Capone or John Gotti of the hood back in the 1980s.

It's just from what I've seen. tounge.gif

LOl I know us Bajans aren't into gangs, but I was just speaking for other Caribbean descent people in general. LOL!

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Korean Mob maybe confirmed!
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=564842

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Yeah I'd love to see GSF returning icon14.gif

GTAVisveryawesome
  • GTAVisveryawesome

Edward Maya

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I want to see my own kind of gang a Romanian mob they are crazy they are good at scaring the sh!t outta people

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

Wanted to bump this since there already is a main thread that touches base on the gang topic.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 04:36)
Wanted to bump this since there already is a main thread that touches base on the gang topic.

nahhh man dont do that lol keep thuis

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 04:45)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 04:36)
Wanted to bump this since there  already is a main thread that touches base on the gang topic.

nahhh man dont do that lol keep thuis

Don't understand.

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Aremian mob

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 05:04)
Aremian mob

Confirmed, more or less.

Spiralos
  • Spiralos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Dont know if its been mentioned before,
but the Hop Sing Tong are pretty big in L.A.

They are a large Chinese criminal organization or so called Tong.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hop_Sing_Tong

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Updated OP.

animegrim
  • animegrim

Animegrim93

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

the mafia will be in gta v, why just look at the histroy of grand theft auto. name one game that dosent have the mob in it. And the triad, russian mob, yakuza exist in La today so too ALL that thinks that no it will only be black gangs plz take a look on the history of GTA. monocle.gif devil.gif

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 12:26)
Okay, before we get anything started...Mods if you feel this thread is not needed, please lock it.

Anyways, I know this has been discussed to death, but more and more info is nearing and I decided to make this thread to clear some heads and somethings. Gangs have always been in GTA since GTA 1. But before we talk about how gangs should act, lets talk about which certain gangs SHOULD appear and how many gangs should be in V.

R has always to a certain point been realistic about gangs in their games. In IV they were SPOT ON with real life gangs in NYC, which were in IV. They done everything correctly with how gangs in NYC looked and acted. GTA IV had a total of(Not including TBOGT/TLAD exclusive gangs) 13 gangs/criminal organizations! And not all of them played a central role in the story-line..Now California is the gang capitol of North America, so I am expecting to see a lot of gangs and them being diverse.

If IV had a total of 13 gangs and not all of them had a big role, than I suspect V to have a decent amount. One example of a gang not playing a role in IV was the Spanish Lords who were based of the Latin Kings. They had next to no role in the GTA IV story-line, yet they appeared in every borough in Liberty City, they were EVERYWHERE! Heck the real life Latin Kings aren't even that strong in NYC, their stronger and more influential in Chicago...

Gangs that have been confirmed so far are:
Lost MC
Families
Ballas
Armenian gang(The Dealership that Frank works for is owned by Armenian gangsters).
Korean Mob(based off voice actor confirmed to play Korean gangster.)
Vagos
Cartels

Now all we need are:
Chinese Triads(Asian gangs are big on the WC, actually WC has the largest Asian population)
Aryan brotherhood type gang(they are big in Cali and they are a lot of white supremacist gangs in Cali)
Russian mafia(pretty influenced in LA)
Asian Street gangs(something like the Wah Ching, Asian Boyz or Little Rascals)

Now hear are the number of gangs that should be in the game.
1.There should be just two black streets gangs.
2.There should be two Hispanic street gangs or three.
3.One major and big Mexican drug cartel in the desert area.
4.2 rival biker gangs. The Angels of Death SHOULD make a return. Since V is in the same universe as IV and A.O.D are based of the Hells Angels and the Hells Angels originate from SoCal.
5.One Armenian mafia gang.
6.One Chinese triad gang.
7.One Korean mob in little Seoul.
8.One white supremacist gang in the country side/desert.
9.One Russian mafia.

Now this is actually around the same number of gangs that IV had in LC, but a little LESS! Also the map is said to big..Way bigger than IV map, so we should be seeing these gangs. I think my list of gangs/criminal organizations is almost as accurate to LA's real life gangs.

Now on to how gangs should act...Now even though I said R was spot on with gangs in IV. They didn't necessarily make them intimidating or "scary". In the past GTA games gangs would give the player trouble..Remember the Leones, Colombian cartels, Haitians, Triads or Ballas? Yeah...And gang neighborhoods in IV didn't exactly feel dangerous. Now gangs in LA are more hardcore than NYC gangs, hence LA being gang capitol.

When I walk in a hood, I want to feel threatened. Now R introduced us a "flipping people off" feature which is giving the finger to someone. And I think an article mentioned doing that to a biker gang and it caused trouble. Maybe we should do that to gangs and gangs will obviously see that as disrespect and they'll attack the player.

I believe that will be a good feature. I think gangs in the hood should be more hardcore and dangerous than lets say the more "organized gangs" in the game.

Well that's all guys. I want to hear your opinion.

Discuss.

Alert R*, I'm sure they have enough time to fit it in before September 17th.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

@Cilogy

I believe they already got everything settled. smile.gif

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 05:04)
Aremian mob

lol whut? What are they gonna do? distribute cheap clothing for rediculious prices just because they own retail shops in melrose ave.? hahah

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

We're getting closer to release date! And the gangs confirmed so far are...

Lost MC
Families
Ballas
Armenian gang(The Dealership that Frank works for is owned by Armenian gangsters).
Korean Mob(based off voice actor confirmed to play Korean gangster.)
Vagos
Cartels

Triads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users