Gangs that SHOULD appear in V

594 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Don't forget the biggest gang of them all, the police.

Joking, of course.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:04)
QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:47)
I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

Triads aren't a Icon in NYC, yet they were in IV and Chinatown wars.

Also Asian gangs are becoming stronger I heard. I heard that Asian gangs are taking on both black and Hispanic gangs.

I think you should watch this.

You're right, and triads will most likely make a return in V. However, I personally believe that mexican/afro-american gangs will be a larger focus area, but who knows.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:00)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:51)
I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about? Is San Andreas your primary source?

Actually, I do. LA is famous for the afro-american and mexican street-gang culture, along with the projects of Compton, for instance. San Andreas is not my primary source, no, and I would appreciate if you could cut your arrogancy in the way you're typing. It's quite irritating.

I'm not being arrogant, it just really sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. While I'm not denying how prevalent the black and Mexican gangs are, they only cover a very small area of Los Angeles, while there are still so many other gangs and organisations. I'm including Triads in this conversation, who aren't exclusive to San Fran in the slightest.

All I'm suggesting is that the black and Mexicans won't be the focus, because we already got that 8 years ago.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

QUOTE (boschram @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:01)
But if we think about it, all this speculation is not that relevant if V won't feature an alive and playable criminal economy.
Look at IV, tons well-detailed gangs...but nothing interesting to do with them!

So, after that we've all agreed that V will indeed feature all layers (and ethnicities) of OC, what really concerns me is how we'll be able to feel part of a realistic and engaging underworld.

I agree with this icon14.gif

GTA IV had plenty of gangs, but there was hardly any interaction with them between the player or among themselves in the streets. They need to be more involved, this a crime game after all.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:07)
QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:00)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:51)

Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about? Is San Andreas your primary source?

Actually, I do. LA is famous for the afro-american and mexican street-gang culture, along with the projects of Compton, for instance. San Andreas is not my primary source, no, and I would appreciate if you could cut your arrogancy in the way you're typing. It's quite irritating.

I'm not being arrogant, it just really sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. While I'm not denying how prevalent the black and Mexican gangs are, they only cover a very small area of Los Angeles, while there are still so many other gangs and organisations. I'm including Triads in this conversation, who aren't exclusive to San Fran in the slightest.

All I'm suggesting is that the black and Mexicans won't be the focus, because we already got that 8 years ago.

As I just noted to The Made Man, it's likely that triads will be in the game, however I personally expect the afro-american/mexican gangs to be in a larger focus. Now, moving onto something I don't know a lot about; the triads methods of working. However, I'm pretty sure that the triads, or asian crime families in general, aren't just as likely as the afro-american/mexican are to hang around a street corner 'hustling'. If not the triads will show themselves through the storyline in GTA V, then I don't really expect to see them. I doubt you'll be cruising down a street to spot an obvious triad group walking around, rather than a crips or bloodz gang.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

They are in the storyline though. If you want proof, check out the casting call sheet from way back, which has been pretty much 100% proven: Click Here!

Look at the last two:

Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:17)
They are in the storyline though. If you want proof, check out the casting call sheet from way back, which has been pretty much 100% proven: Click Here!

Look at the last two:

Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

Cool.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:07)

Also Asian gangs are becoming stronger I heard. I heard that Asian gangs are taking on both black and Hispanic gangs.

You're right, and triads will most likely make a return in V. However, I personally believe that mexican/afro-american gangs will be a larger focus area, but who knows.

Trust me dude, Asian gangs are pretty powerful on the WC and they're getting more stronger. Soon in LA they're may be a three way with Black gangs, Hispanic gangs and Asian gangs.

LA is not like it was in the 90s, where it was just black street gangs dominating. Other groups like Hispanics, Armenians, Asians and even Pacific Islanders have joined the action.

abdiwahid
  • abdiwahid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (kidkash1a @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:51)
Grove street is a MUST in V, mainly because that was the Gta version of bloods in real life.

Unless they make it more realistic by making them actually wear red, or a color similar to red. Thats the direction gta has been going ever since gta 4 so i cant see them wearing green anymore.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (abdiwahid @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:52)
QUOTE (kidkash1a @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:51)
Grove street is a MUST in V, mainly because that was the Gta version of bloods in real life.

Unless they make it more realistic by making them actually wear red, or a color similar to red. Thats the direction gta has been going ever since gta 4 so i cant see them wearing green anymore.

I do not know why people want GSF to return? I want a new and fresh gang.

Knoh
  • Knoh

Quiet type.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Jamaican gang. Never gets old.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Knoh @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:00)

Lol I want a Caribbean gang to, but there aren't many Caribbean gangs in LA.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I don't think so bro. There is no significant Jamaican gang presence in Los Angeles and the rest of California. You can't just say "put this gang in the game because I like them". GTA's gangs are implemented in the game according to how they are and where they are located in real-life.

You should know that by now.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:14)

I don't think so bro. There is no significant Jamaican gang presence in Los Angeles and the rest of California. You can't just say "put this gang in the game because I like them". GTA's gangs are implemented in the game according to how they are and where they are located in real-life.

Being Caribbean myself I loved the Jamaican Posse in IV and I would have loved for a Caribbean gang to be in V. But I know the Caribbean criminal groups are almost non existent in LA.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Expect many different sets in franklins hood

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 11:26)
Okay, before we get anything started...Mods if you feel this thread is not needed, please lock it.

The first sign a topic is unnecessary, even to OP^

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:25)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 11:26)
Okay, before we get anything started...Mods if you feel this thread is not needed, please lock it.

The first sign a topic is unnecessary, even to OP^

What do you mean?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:19)

Being Caribbean myself I loved the Jamaican Posse in IV and I would have loved for a Caribbean gang to be in V. But I know the Caribbean criminal groups are almost non existent in LA.

The Jamaican Posse was perfect to be featured in GTA IV, as they have a heavy presence in New York City. I loved the fact that Rockstar so brilliantly portrayed them too. But, I like the gangs in a GTA game to be very realistic, and having Jamaican gangs feature in GTA V is not very realistic at all. Black gangs in LA are pretty much entirely African-American in membership.

If this was Vice City, then he'd have a point, because Jamaican Posses are very active in Miami and South Florida too (although the Haitian gangs are the dominant Caribbean gangs there). But it's not New York and it's not Miami, it's LA, so it just would'nt work so well.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:27)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:19)

The Jamaican Posse was perfect to be featured in GTA IV, as they have a heavy presence in New York City. I loved the fact that Rockstar so brilliantly portrayed them too. But, I like the gangs in a GTA game to be very realistic, and having Jamaican gangs feature in GTA V is not very realistic at all. Black gangs in LA are pretty much entirely African-American in membership.

If this was Vice City, then he'd have a point, because Jamaican Posses are very active in Miami and South Florida too (although the Haitian gangs are the dominant Caribbean gangs there). But it's not New York and it's not Miami, it's LA, so it just would'nt work so well.

Agreed and true. icon14.gif

Also R was sorta realistic with gangs in the 3 era.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:31 PM Edited by Zip87, 13 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.

Nazi lowriders/Aryan brotherhood

Or at least some kind of interpretation of them. SoCal and all. They're considerably smaller than most gangs as far as I know, but would make sense to maybe have a few missions involving them in the beginning of the game.

I'm thinking Sons Of Anarchy.

Blood_Money
  • Blood_Money

Cártel de Los Santos

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Kimosabe @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:28)
Gangs of today

13 year olds with trousers touching the floor running around robbing condom machines

really hardcore  icon14.gif

I bet a little snot nosed hopper would drop you in a instant.

The addition of black and hispanic street gangs would be a must for GTA V.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Zip87 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:31)
Nazi lowriders/Aryan brotherhood

Or at least some kind of interpretation of them. SoCal and all. They're considerably smaller than most gangs as far as I know, but would make sense to maybe have a few missions involving them in the beginning of the game.

I'm thinking Sons Of Anarchy.

I forgot about the Nazi Lowriders.

str8outtaganton
  • str8outtaganton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I see you guys mention the asian oc groups but what about asian street gangs that are becoming more prominent in l.a, who is also currently on a turf war with hispanics and blacks

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (str8outtaganton @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:47)
I see you guys mention the asian oc groups but what about asian street gangs that are becoming more prominent in l.a, who is also currently on a turf war with hispanics and blacks

We did mention them.

JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Trust me dude, Asian gangs are pretty powerful on the WC and they're getting more stronger. Soon in LA they're may be a three way with Black gangs, Hispanic gangs and Asian gangs.

LA is not like it was in the 90s, where it was just black street gangs dominating. Other groups like Hispanics, Armenians, Asians and even Pacific Islanders have joined the action.

Your completely wrong bruh. Asian gangs are nowhere near as powerful or influential as black/mexican gangs. They will be in the game but they wont be super street gangs (surenos/bloods/crips etc) or nothing.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (JimJones @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:26)

Your completely wrong bruh. Asian gangs are nowhere near as powerful or influential as black/mexican gangs. They will be in the game but they wont be super street gangs (surenos/bloods/crips etc) or nothing.

The Wah Ching are like one of the strongest Asian gangs. Asian gangs are getting up there and soon.

Going Quantum
  • Going Quantum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

This is a pretty good topic but in LA(where I used to live) there tons of thousands of gangs but I honestly don't think they're hardcore they're more about making money than killing people

Tommy_Vercetti_Mob
  • Tommy_Vercetti_Mob

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (kidkash1a @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:44)
I want there to be all types of gangs. at least put mexican cartels and a black gang similar to the ballas. and i agree that R* should make the gangs more intimidating and dangerous. In San andreas if we were in an area full of mexican gangs we would get beaten to death (happened to me)
if u were in a balla territory they would approach u and ask where youre from, then they would beat u up. I most certainly want this back in the game.

i remember they mentioned there were hoodlums hanging around stores so thats a plus.

You were beaten to death? But you're still alive...lol

And the Sinaloa Cartel should play a major part in the money. Hopefully we will get to see them in the game.

JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:32)
QUOTE (JimJones @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 20:26)

The Wah Ching are like one of the strongest Asian gangs. Asian gangs are getting up there and soon.

When it comes to street gangs asians are not really taken seriously. If their not pretending to be black....they pretend to be mexican. Asian street gangs don't go to "war" with blacks because its the blacks what give them the orders to fight the mexicans. Blacks let them into the bloods and crips to do dirty work but as soon as they go to prison (the superbowl of street gangs lol) they don't claim blood or crip because blacks don't recognise them as real bloods/crips. I don't know about the future but for now they have no power in prison or the streets.

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Completely agree with everything you've said OP. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users