» «
Photo

Gangs that SHOULD appear in V

594 replies to this topic
The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:26 PM Edited by The Made Man, 14 September 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Okay, before we get anything started...Mods if you feel this thread is not needed, please lock it.

Anyways, I know this has been discussed to death, but more and more info is nearing and I decided to make this thread to clear some heads and somethings. Gangs have always been in GTA since GTA 1. But before we talk about how gangs should act, lets talk about which certain gangs SHOULD appear and how many gangs should be in V.

R has always to a certain point been realistic about gangs in their games. In IV they were SPOT ON with real life gangs in NYC, which were in IV. They done everything correctly with how gangs in NYC looked and acted. GTA IV had a total of(Not including TBOGT/TLAD exclusive gangs) 13 gangs/criminal organizations! And not all of them played a central role in the story-line..Now California is the gang capitol of North America, so I am expecting to see a lot of gangs and them being diverse.

If IV had a total of 13 gangs and not all of them had a big role, than I suspect V to have a decent amount. One example of a gang not playing a role in IV was the Spanish Lords who were based of the Latin Kings. They had next to no role in the GTA IV story-line, yet they appeared in every borough in Liberty City, they were EVERYWHERE! Heck the real life Latin Kings aren't even that strong in NYC, their stronger and more influential in Chicago...

Gangs that have been confirmed so far are:
Lost MC
Families
Ballas
Armenian gang(The Dealership that Frank works for is owned by Armenian gangsters).
Korean Mob(based off voice actor confirmed to play Korean gangster.)
Vagos
Cartels

Triads

Now all we need are:
Aryan brotherhood type gang(they are big in Cali and they are a lot of white supremacist gangs in Cali)
Russian mafia(pretty influenced in LA)
Asian Street gangs(something like the Wah Ching, Asian Boyz or Little Rascals)

Now hear are the number of gangs that should be in the game.
1.There should be just two black streets gangs.
2.There should be two Hispanic street gangs or three.
3.One major and big Mexican drug cartel in the desert area.
4.2 rival biker gangs. The Angels of Death SHOULD make a return. Since V is in the same universe as IV and A.O.D are based of the Hells Angels and the Hells Angels originate from SoCal.
5.One Armenian mafia gang.
6.One Chinese triad gang.
7.One Korean mob in little Seoul.
8.One white supremacist gang in the country side/desert.
9.One Russian mafia.

Now this is actually around the same number of gangs that IV had in LC, but a little LESS! Also the map is said to big..Way bigger than IV map, so we should be seeing these gangs. I think my list of gangs/criminal organizations is almost as accurate to LA's real life gangs.

Now on to how gangs should act...Now even though I said R was spot on with gangs in IV. They didn't necessarily make them intimidating or "scary". In the past GTA games gangs would give the player trouble..Remember the Leones, Colombian cartels, Haitians, Triads or Ballas? Yeah...And gang neighborhoods in IV didn't exactly feel dangerous. Now gangs in LA are more hardcore than NYC gangs, hence LA being gang capitol.

When I walk in a hood, I want to feel threatened. Now R introduced us a "flipping people off" feature which is giving the finger to someone. And I think an article mentioned doing that to a biker gang and it caused trouble. Maybe we should do that to gangs and gangs will obviously see that as disrespect and they'll attack the player.

I believe that will be a good feature. I think gangs in the hood should be more hardcore and dangerous than lets say the more "organized gangs" in the game.

Well that's all guys. I want to hear your opinion.

Discuss.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

----Remove---

Kimosabe
  • Kimosabe

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Gangs of today

13 year olds with trousers touching the floor running around robbing condom machines

really hardcore icon14.gif

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Kimosabe @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:28)
Gangs of today

13 year olds with trousers touching the floor running around robbing condom machines

Uh..What do you mean?

I'm trying to have a mature discussion here.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I could care less.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:31)
I could care less.

Than what was the purpose of you commenting?

HDStryke
  • HDStryke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

The Angels of Death will 100% show up because their chapter originated in San Andreas as mentioned in LotD. I'm hoping for Mafia, Triads, and the return of Grove Steet Families. Maybe the'll include
a redneck gang liek in the original GTA haha

I just hope the gangs included this time around each have a unique look to them. In GTA IV I never noticed any gang members since most of them looked like regular civilians.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I could care less.

Awwww, no big Hollywood movie-style story in GTA V with Mafiosos dressed in smart suits and wearing sunshades, driving limousines. I'm so sorry, poor you, maybe next time eh ? lol.gif

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well R* stated to try flipping people off in different neighborhoods for their reactions so we shall see

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (HDStryke @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:32)
The Angels of Death will 100% show up because their chapter originated in San Andreas as mentioned in LotD. I'm hoping for Mafia, Triads, and the return of Grove Steet Families. Maybe the'll include

I just hope the gangs included this time around each have a unique look to them. In GTA IV I never noticed any gang members since most of them looked like regular civilians.

I only believe the Mafia returning is due to Michael possible being connected to them Otherwise their influence is very tiny in LA.

IMO the top dogs in LA are:
1. Central/South American groups
2. Korean Mob/Triads
3. Armenian/Eurasian gangs

That's just my opinion. But I doubt GSF will return at all, since this is the HD universe.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Mafia: No

Triads: No. SF

GSF? Been beaten to death already

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Gangs of today

Even violent than ever.

kidkash1a
  • kidkash1a

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I want there to be all types of gangs. at least put mexican cartels and a black gang similar to the ballas. and i agree that R* should make the gangs more intimidating and dangerous. In San andreas if we were in an area full of mexican gangs we would get beaten to death (happened to me)
if u were in a balla territory they would approach u and ask where youre from, then they would beat u up. I most certainly want this back in the game.

i remember they mentioned there were hoodlums hanging around stores so thats a plus.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Afusensi @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:41)
Gangs of today

really hardcore  icon14.gif

Even violent than ever.

Exactly, he's taking such a subject ever so lightly. He obviously don't realize that in many U.S. cities, the ghettos there are home to many kids in adolescence or their early teens that think nothing of putting a bullet in someone's head for their money or valuables. Sh*t aint' no joke.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:39)

Wrong my dear friend. LA has a huge Asian population and they have a Chinatown which is home to many Asian gangs whether it be Chinese, Vietnemese, Cambodian, Thai...whatever.
http://en.wikipedia....wn,_Los_Angeles

Have you ever heard of the Wah Ching? Well they're a powerful Chinese street gang in LA who are directly connected to the Triads.

I hear the 14K Triads have a foot in LA.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:39)

Actually, LA has quite a large amount of Chinese gangs and organisations.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Grove Street

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 10:35)
I could care less.

Awwww, no big Hollywood movie-style story in GTA V with Mafiosos dressed in smart suits and wearing sunshades, driving limousines. I'm so sorry, poor you, maybe next time eh ? lol.gif

Not really more that the game isn't centered around gangs so since it won't be a key feature I don't really think they will go in-depth on different gangs.

kidkash1a
  • kidkash1a

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Grove street is a MUST in V, mainly because that was the Gta version of bloods in real life.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Shadylasse @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:47)
I think the gangs we we'll see most of will be afro-american ones in the projects, and not the triads as they're an icon of the San Francisco (Fierro) underworld, whereof LA/LS is has a more project-based gang icon. Mexican gangs are likely aswell.

Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about? Is San Andreas your primary source?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:48)
I could care less.

Not really more that the game isn't centered around gangs so since it won't be a key feature I don't really think they will go in-depth on different gangs.

You don't need to tell me that. I never once said I wanted GTA V to be centered around gangs, we already had that in San Andreas. But I certainly expect street gangs to appear and feature quite significantly, it's based on LA, they have to. You were the one who so badly wanted a big Mafia story.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I miss the Diablos.. Or more specifically, those Stallions with the flame paint job.. They were awesome and the engine sounded really nice.

HDStryke
  • HDStryke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I know that this is the HD universe, but I'm not talking about recurring characters from the 3D era. I'm simply talking about gangs/organizations. Rockstar is not gonna put bloods/crips in it, the Grove Street Families and the Ballas were their parodies of those LA gangs. The area Grove Street was confirmed to be in GTA V. It makes sense to me. If those gangs were outright confirmed NOT to show up then let me know, maybe I missed something.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:51)

Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about? Is San Andreas your primary source?

Actually, I do. LA is famous for the afro-american and mexican street-gang culture, along with the projects of Compton, for instance. San Andreas is not my primary source, no, and I would appreciate if you could cut your arrogancy in the way you're typing. It's quite irritating.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 10:54)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:48)
I could care less.

You don't need to tell me that. I never once said I wanted GTA V to be centered around gangs, we already had that in San Andreas. But I certainly expect street gangs to appear and feature quite significantly, it's based on LA, they have to. You were the one who so badly wanted a big Mafia story.

I'm fine with the story in fact I love the bold new direction. The only thing I said is that I wanted a sophisticated protagonist. Now that we'll get 3 protagonists 1 psycho, 1 sophisticated rich guy and one transporter type guy I am more than satisfied.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Don't quite get why you started a new thread when we were all having a great discussion right here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=528923
You, Official General, me and few others....

Still, since that I'm not a prima-donna, I'll just add what I've been saying for a while.
All gangs/OC groups that we've mentioned will be there, trust me, IV had 13 gangs so you can bet that V will have at least the same amount.

Plus, this time around, the world will also include non-urban areas that have a different feel crime-wise. I'm sure that each area/county will have specific gangs.

But if we think about it, all this speculation is not that relevant if V won't feature an alive and playable criminal economy.
Look at IV, tons well-detailed gangs...but nothing interesting to do with them!

So, after that we've all agreed that V will indeed feature all layers (and ethnicities) of OC, what really concerns me is how we'll be able to feel part of a realistic and engaging underworld.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (HDStryke @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:57)
I know that this is the HD universe, but I'm not talking about recurring characters from the 3D era. I'm simply talking about gangs/organizations. Rockstar is not gonna put bloods/crips in it, the Grove Street Families and the Ballas were their parodies of those LA gangs. The area Grove Street was confirmed to be in GTA V. It makes sense to me. If those gangs were outright confirmed NOT to show up then let me know, maybe I missed something.

Source for Grove St. being in GTA V?

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

You guys should watch this. It should give you an idea how gangs in V should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNi3j9LE-oM&feature=related

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Triads aren't a Icon in NYC, yet they were in IV and Chinatown wars.

Also Asian gangs are becoming stronger I heard. I heard that Asian gangs are taking on both black and Hispanic gangs.

I think you should watch this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users