Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time it takes to complete GTAV (fact checked)

79 replies to this topic
JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

If it's more or less the length of Redemption then I'm happy with that.

I enjoy the story but it's a small part of the game for me. I completed IV's story within a week, easy, and ever since then, back in early 2008, I've been just loading it up to explore and cause trouble around the city. V's map is gonna be much bigger and have loads more to do so it will easily last for years to come.

Sckarface
  • Sckarface

Live life to the fullest.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

GTA V HAS to be more longer than Red Dead Redemption. Think about it. A map bigger than San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined with room to spare. Plus 3 main characters. Also, let's not forget that it's a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. The game being the same length doesn't make sense with the information they've given us. I'm hoping for the main story missions to at least take 40 hours to complete.

CrisFormageKIFFLOM
  • CrisFormageKIFFLOM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Sckarface @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 13:36)
GTA V HAS to be more longer than Red Dead Redemption. Think about it. A map bigger than San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined with room to spare. Plus 3 main characters. Also, let's not forget that it's a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. The game being the same length doesn't make sense with the information they've given us. I'm hoping for the main story missions to at least take 40 hours to complete.

Yea their hiding the real fact that the game will last near the 100 hours mark. (30 for each character, then side missions and what not)

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

In games like GTASA, GTAIV, and RDR, the fact there is more to do after the story is implied by missions counting as around 60% of your completion stat. There's always additional content that can't count toward 100% if it involves anything that gets killed/destroyed/locked during the story (because you'd have to start over to do it if you missed it).

The story can be replayed, emphasizing different protagonists when you have a choice which to be in missions.

With three protagonists, how they measure completion could include repetition such as having all three protagonists complete the same tasks in addition to their unique tasks. Since you're not forced to switch characters in free roam, there could be a lot of time spent finding out what happens differently when each protagonist explores the map.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thank you for the update...

Anubias
  • Anubias

Anal Invader

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

It will probably take half of that for experienced GTA players.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I love it, people dying for years to get their hands on a game that can be beaten over the course of two mountain dew fueled days.

Not that there's anything wrong with how quick you can beat it, 25 hours is a LONG time for a game, just the wait for release compared to time it takes to actually beat is sort of humorous in my pov.

(I know there's more than just the main storyline, but people need to realize ITS JUST A GAME)

Don't devote your entire life around the release of one game, sure get hyped for it but I feel some people are literally revolving their lives around this.. There's so much more to life than video games ppl...

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 09:39)
I love it, people dying for years to get their hands on a game that can be beaten over the course of two mountain dew fueled days.

Not that there's anything wrong with how quick you can beat it, 25 hours is a LONG time for a game, just the wait for release compared to time it takes to actually beat is sort of humorous in my pov.

(I know there's more than just the main storyline, but people need to realize ITS JUST A GAME)

Don't devote your entire life around the release of one game, sure get hyped for it but I feel some people are literally revolving their lives around this.. There's so much more to life than video games ppl...

You have such a good point @GrandMaster Smith. I have friends like this and they won't move unless it's to get food. Instead of saying i'm going to do this and go to the shops and get this and do this on my game. I say to my friends why don't you get up off that chair and go and earn some money and do it yourself go to california, new york, miami and san francisco and places like that go to louis vuitton or nike or even go outside or hangout with friends.
Please just realise ITS JUST A GAME not YOUR LIFE.

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

25 hours? That's too short IMO

huiop2
  • huiop2

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

25 hours is just an average. this does not mean that everyone will spend the same amount of time, so i think its f**king stupid to argue over that 25 hours

JeteaFive
  • JeteaFive

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Lol ironically, for other games which propose 12-13 hours there is no problem but when it's GTA... lol GTA will have a multiplayer so i don't understand why you're always crying ? Multiplayer would need 100+ hours with this map and the possibilities.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

GTA 4 took me around 9 hours or so to beat, about 20 hours to 100% it, and possibly 20 hours to get the Wated trophy and the Auf Wierdersen Petrovic trophy, or whatever it is. So to do every single possible thing in GTA 4, it took me 40 hours. Judging by that, 25 hours isnt much. Yes, I know thats not including side activities and online but still. Beating the GTA 4 story in under 30 hours is considered good. I beat it in a third of that time. A third of 25 is roughly 8.3 hours. Thats less than half a day.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 21:30)
GTA 4 took me around 9 hours or so to beat, about 20 hours to 100% it, and possibly 20 hours to get the Wated trophy and the Auf Wierdersen Petrovic trophy, or whatever it is. So to do every single possible thing in GTA 4, it took me 40 hours. Judging by that, 25 hours isnt much. Yes, I know thats not including side activities and online but still. Beating the GTA 4 story in under 30 hours is considered good. I beat it in a third of that time. A third of 25 is roughly 8.3 hours. Thats less than half a day.

We're obviously on different pages here, but I sure don't consider beating IV in 9 hours a 'good' thing at all. I think I spent a good 60 hours on my first play through, and that was just the story. tounge.gif

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 14:34)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 21:30)
GTA 4 took me around 9 hours or so to beat, about 20 hours to 100% it, and possibly 20 hours to get the Wated trophy and the Auf Wierdersen Petrovic trophy, or whatever it is.  So to do every single possible thing in GTA 4, it took me 40 hours.  Judging by that, 25 hours isnt much.  Yes, I know thats not including side activities and online but still.  Beating the GTA 4 story in under 30 hours is considered good.  I beat it in a third of that time.  A third of 25 is roughly 8.3 hours.  Thats less than half a day.

We're obviously on different pages here, but I sure don't consider beating IV in 9 hours a 'good' thing at all. I think I spent a good 60 hours on my first play through, and that was just the story. tounge.gif

To clarify that, I meant beating it under 30 hours is considered good because theres a trophy for it and its gold. However, that doesnt really mean the trophy is difficult to get. That Auf whatmacallit trophy is only bronze yet it took a few hours to get.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

In my opinion, I find 25 hours fine. Think about it, the map is going to be pretty big and driving to your destination when in a mission may take a while.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (iTz i Makez HD @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 06:05)
25 hours? That's too short IMO

Estimated story length is usually way off pre release.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I don't care how long or short the story is, this game is going to give me 200+ hours.
The story, I have no doubt will be awesome.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Took me 30 hours to beat GTA IV just doing the missions. Took me 32 hour to beat RDR, and I only completed 1 side mission. And I used cheat codes lol. I spent 10+ hours just gambling.

The jump from GTAIV to RDR in 2 years was a big difference. 3 years since and obviously GTAV will have a better feel to it than RDR.

I'll spend 10+ hours just looking at the world. Will complete every side mission and do everything.

Will easily take me 100+ hours if there's a decent amount of things to do. Only game I care about in 2013 is GTAV.

FloridaGatorPride
  • FloridaGatorPride

GatorPride24

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

thank good, i want this game to last awhille

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

As long as this game is longer than any of the Uncharted games then I will be happy, but I think any game will be longer than Uncharted. Uncharted is a great series, but it has too much shooting and the story is too short.

GTA BEATS EVERY GAME THOUGH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users