Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time it takes to complete GTAV (fact checked)

79 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

This wasn't a concern of mine anyway, cause GTA isn't even about the story for me. Don't get me wrong, i care about the story and its missions of course, but i get the biggest fun factor out of messing around, exploration and doing whatever i want. But this new explanation is for the whole game? This is when you have finished every sidemission,random encounter, story mission, ALL of it? And that will be very similar to RDR finished as a whole? I honestly never got around to doing all the stuff in RDR. Story missions yes, random encounters yes, but all the animals hunted and all that? No.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 00:17)
This wasn't a concern of mine anyway, cause GTA isn't even about the story for me. Don't get me wrong, i care about the story and its missions of course, but i get the biggest fun factor out of messing around, exploration and doing whatever i want. But this new explanation is for the whole game? This is when you have finished every sidemission,random encounter, story mission, ALL of it? And that will be very similar to RDR finished as a whole? I honestly never got around to doing all the stuff in RDR. Story missions yes, random encounters yes, but all the animals hunted and all that? No.

Agree. GTAV is more then the storyline. GTA is creating havoc!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 00:20)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 00:17)

Agree. GTAV is more then the storyline. GTA is creating havoc!

Exactly man. And also doing pointless BUT fun-as-hell sh*t like flipping the bird at people, simply to see what their reaction is, if it gets them to attack you, i'll lay their ass down HARD. I just love to walk around(not run, really walk) in GTA IV and hearing what pedestrians are talking about or what they say towards me, i love the difference between night and day, you really have some questionable folks at night, awesome stuff. I bet V will be full of this stuff. It truly will be 'bye bye life' when this monster comes out.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Pessimistic C*nts.
I f*cking hate them, glad this is sorted out, it didn't bother me btw, i just can't believe people actually thought it'd take only 25 hours to do absolutely everything in the game, i think even the main storyline alone will be longer than that.

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Thank you so much for clearing that up Adriann smile.gif The length of RDR sounds better!

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks Adriaan. While I was completely satisfied with the rumoured hours, hopefully this will shut up some of the PS2 tragics.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

25 hours means it will take more than 2500 hours for me to finish the story. I have digital OCD biggrin.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (HOAXi @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 01:46)
25 hours means it will take more than 2500 hours for me to finish the story. I have digital OCD biggrin.gif

I hope you did read the first post, about the game taking longer than 25 hours.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:56 AM Edited by HOAXi, 14 November 2012 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 08:53)
QUOTE (HOAXi @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 01:46)

I hope you did read the first post, about the game taking longer than 25 hours.

Yeah, yeah. I did. Since it didn't say how long it would take (I haven't played RDR), I just used the 25 hour thing as an example and that 25 hours (2500 hours) is more than enough for me wink.gif

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Thanks for the topic. cookie.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Great

djsinnema
  • djsinnema

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Would it be safe to say the 25 hours is an estimation of how long you would spend doing the missions alone, not including commuting between missions or failing or making a detour to "Get Heated". If thats the case, many of us can easily say that it would take much longer, and it might be a challenge for any of us to do within 35 hours let alone 25

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

If it's anything like RDR we'll probably be getting side tracked a lot.

"Yeah I might do this mission.....oh cool some guy in a broken down car. Wonder what he wants?"

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 06:18)

"Yeah I might do this mission.....oh cool some guy in a broken down car. Wonder what he wants?"

You took the words out of my mouth! This is exactly what I always tell people what I loved most about that game. That I loved getting "side tracked" or "distracted" from the main storyline.

GTAfanBG
  • GTAfanBG

Biggest GTA fan in BS/BG

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Does anybody know the forum nickname of the 'GTASeriesVideos' guy from YouTube? Is it Adriaan? wow.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 11:49)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 06:18)

You took the words out of my mouth! This is exactly what I always tell people what I loved most about that game. That I loved getting "side tracked" or "distracted" from the main storyline.

Yeah and i already have this with GTA IV, and that's just a city and not much more. I remember when i was supposed to do a mission and i had to find a car to drive over there, but i always get distracted by other things, be it instigating people by pushing them and punching them or throwing them off stairs. I can't imagine how much i will be distracted and sidetracked in GTA V.

Quicker
  • Quicker

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

ADRIAN YOU MAKE sh*tLOADS OF MONEIES!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

It confuses me, after everything we've seen, that people think this game may be "too small" or "too short". Everything about this game says "bigger, better".

nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

thank you for calming down some speculators. even if it was 25 hours, i wouldn't even come close to that for months because i would be enjoying my new environment of los santos.

Tomy1986
  • Tomy1986

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm so going to trek Mount Chilliad and look for the bigfoot! lol.gif
This way, the game will last 3 years for me biggrin.gif

Vela4331
  • Vela4331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cool stuff smile.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Finishing the whole of GTA V is similar to finishing everything in RDR, right? So who's to say the story alone isn't 25 hours? I would be fine with that though.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 17:08)
It confuses me, after everything we've seen, that people think this game may be "too small" or "too short". Everything about this game says "bigger, better".

I think people are scared that there won't be much to do in this huge world.

GTA IV left alot of people sore due to alot of features being left out. And now that we know properties can't be purchased, a feature most of us thought was a given, some people are just worried that other fun features will be missing. Things like car and weapon customization are probably not included and that is a blow.

My two biggest wishes are that there are alot of things to do in each area of the map, no dead zones like SA. And I hope there are alot of dynamic missions. I would be happy if the game had more dynamic missions than main story missions.

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Entitled Asshat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 17:57)

GTA IV left alot of people sore due to alot of features being left out. And now that we know properties can't be purchased, a feature most of us thought was a given, some people are just worried that other fun features will be missing. Things like car and weapon customization are probably not included and that is a blow.

My two biggest wishes are that there are alot of things to do in each area of the map, no dead zones like SA. And I hope there are alot of dynamic missions. I would be happy if the game had more dynamic missions than main story missions.

I'm starting to think that the campaign it self is only 25 hours long, and they're packing a huge-ass punch into the side-missions. I enjoyed the side-missions when I would come home from school and wish to just lay off some steam by doing a side-mission or two.

Bottom-line is, this game will be big.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

This is what I thought from the start. I mean in GTA IV for example, as for RDR, it took me weeks to complete the storyline, just because I love to do free roam, sidemissions, exploring the map etc etc. This game will take me even longer if I stay this excited. And believe me, I will!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (TheJustinAllenK @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:00)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 17:57)

I'm starting to think that the campaign it self is only 25 hours long, and they're packing a huge-ass punch into the side-missions. I enjoyed the side-missions when I would come home from school and wish to just lay off some steam by doing a side-mission or two.

Bottom-line is, this game will be big.

Im staying cautiously optimistic.

I feel like most of the time spent on this game was used for map design and designing the new protagonist dynamic. Im really hoping that other aspects of the game dont suffer.

AS silly as it sounds the property thing really gets me. When IGN interviewed Leslie and discussed about how trailer one really showed the economy and the market crash, Leslie sounded like that was just a coincidence. Which worries me that this game really isnt going to focus on "the all mighty dollar" but rather the motivations of three seperate perspectives to obtain that dollar.

It will be awesome and Im super stoked, but I really hope the economy means more than they are leading us on at this point.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

GTA IV has 90-some story missions (depending how you count multi-part and multi-ending). Red Dead Redemption has 57 story missions.

GTA IV has an achievement/trophy for finishing the story in 30 hours. 30 hours is by no means a speed run, it's just sticking to the story without getting distracted by side missions and activities. (A true speed-at-all-cost playthrough can be as quick as 4 hours and change.)

Seems like 20-25 hours would be a proportionate time for RDR at a focused but not frantic pace. I don't think people are wrong to throw out 25 hours because Rockstar invited the comparison to RDR's length.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 22:05)
GTA IV has an achievement/trophy for finishing the story in 30 hours. 30 hours is by no means a speed run, it's just sticking to the story without getting distracted by side missions and activities. (A true speed-at-all-cost playthrough can be as quick as 4 hours and change.)

This, I beat IV in 13 hours and some change. If the story alone is 25-35 hours, then I'm happy.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:26)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 22:05)
GTA IV has an achievement/trophy for finishing the story in 30 hours.  30 hours is by no means a speed run, it's just sticking to the story without getting distracted by side missions and activities. (A true speed-at-all-cost playthrough can be as quick as 4 hours and change.)

This, I beat IV in 13 hours and some change. If the story alone is 25-35 hours, then I'm happy.

According to Speed demos archive, best time for IV is 4 hours 23 minutes.
In comparison, best San Andreas time is 6 hours and 9 minutes.

And that SA time is from the story missions that you need to complete the story line. No deviations whatsoever.
And they are done well, I've watched the whole thing couple of times (not in a single run) and .. wau.. That guy knows how to speedrun. tounge.gif

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I read the bigger, better and looked at the titties in your sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users