Dan Houser interview about GTA V

100 replies to this topic
BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 14:41)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:10)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:37)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 16:19)
I have a feeling that GTA 5 is not like we expected. sad.gif

Oh shut up! The game will be long enough; there has never been a short Rockstar game- we get to play the story from three different perspectives, don't forget. If you weren't so busy acting like a whiny and disappointed child on Christmas morning you might do bit of research and discover that GTA 5 contains fewer but far fleshier and well-implemented mini-games than RDR and GTA 4; quality over quantity in this regard.

What I said could mean anything e.g GTA V is not like I expected because there are no flying cars, you see?
Anyway, my hype is 64/10.

So the sad face could mean perfect contentment with the game?

I said that because I was upset with less mini games. But then I realised that this will still be the best game of all time!

TeploSaxRUS
  • TeploSaxRUS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:19 PM Edited by Ryan, 24 December 2012 - 03:50 AM.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hmm, must overlooked this page. Never seen it before.

xrocket307
  • xrocket307

Gta Revolutionized gaming industry

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 16:19)
I have a feeling that GTA 5 is not like we expected. sad.gif

Im dissapointed. Even sanandreas for ps3 could do more. Im scared rockstar is slipping. sad.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

More Bounce to The Ounce

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for translating this. icon14.gif

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Why do they keep mentioning the year "2010" is the story's setting? Any reference? monocle.gif

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Method @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 15:58)
Why do they keep mentioning the year "2010" is the story's setting? Any reference? monocle.gif

Referring to the current decade of the 2010s.

Translated articles' exact wording should be taken with a grain of salt, no insult intended to the translator.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Even listening to this interview on ''text to speech'' is boring. Dan housar really fails at life these days.

SHESUCKS
  • SHESUCKS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (GTA4L1fe @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 16:58)
During the last 12 months lots of fans have buildt a picture of a game that doesn't exist. The game will be good, but do not expect that it's going to be absolutely mind blowing. It's on current gen consoles, it's impossible include all of the features from previous GTA games with such a big map and detail.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointet. To me it looks like GTA V is slightly touching Saints Row's path.

Saints Row still lacks in every way. ph34r.gif

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the translation!

I never thought Claude=Michael. Claude is the guy who is happy to live in small flats, as long as they are comfortable for him while Michael is a type of guy who doesn't know how to use his money wisely. I am surprised to see Dan's statement.

Also, it could be lost in translation, but it looks like Trevor is not a protagonist in its original sense. I call BS. He seems to be the real, bad ass protagonist, just like Claude, Tommy and CJ were.

BigTee41190
  • BigTee41190

OG Triple OG

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by BigTee41190, 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM.

I agree with the quality over quantity aspect of the game. I mean bowling was pathetic, so was darts. I cannot wait to see how golf turns out. Tennis should be nice. Yoga ehh... But there is two games I feel they really should of added.

1. Billiards/Pool: I mean this just doesn't seem right. Micheal has a huge house in the hills, and he doesn't have a pool table? I mean come on. Pool was fun to me in SA and in GTAIV. Yes, it didn't look great, but it should of been added. That's a no brainer to me.

2. Poker: Doesn't even have to be poker. It's a known fact that people in the hood play spades. Make it a game for Franklin. If not that, dominoes. The gang bangers play that sh*t all the time aha. Red Dead made poker fun. You have something in working order, use it.

On a side not... I count things like Scuba Diving, Races, and in Franklin's case (If we can do it for extra cash) Vehicle Repossessions all Mini games of a sort haha. There is a surf shop visible in trailer 1, I think. So possibly surfing, or at least the ability two use a board. Also, in trailer 1 we see hikers looking up at the mountains... It has been rumored that R* has developed a new rock-climbing game. Rock-climbing would be awesome. Lets see what happens, people. R* hasn't let me down yet. I am keeping the faith.

(EDIT: Huh, while watching through trailer 2 I am pretty sure I seen a pool table. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me. But scratch that first game.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users