Dan Houser interview about GTA V

100 replies to this topic
GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Those guys complaining about yoga, it might turn out that it increases your skills for e.g. sniping, jumping, running.. tounge.gif

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 13:11)
You guys should understand that Dan Houser is the one who decides what he has to be asked. tounge.gif

Exactly! He probably tells them what kinds of questions he will answer and what he won't. I suspect the IGN interview on Friday will be more of the same.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

QUOTE (ALiXoV3rDoS3 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:22)
God, you people...

Saints Row stole from GTA, therefore, if GTA "does" SR, it's really only copying itself... To the extreme.

Seriously though, why does everyone bitch about one negative instead of the endless lists of positives this game has already presented us with.

Biggest GTA ever, more cars than ever, not one but three protagonists, planes, open map from the get go, LS, Chilliad, outstanding graphics... But YOGA. I'LL NEVER BUY IT. angry.gif

Shut the f*ck up everyone.

icon14.gif .....Many people wants a perfect game...Cīmon...this generation consoles canīt do it...So... GTA V Will be the best game at time..

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

QUOTE (ALiXoV3rDoS3 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 22:52)
God, you people...

Saints Row stole from GTA, therefore, if GTA "does" SR, it's really only copying itself... To the extreme.

Seriously though, why does everyone bitch about one negative instead of the endless lists of positives this game has already presented us with.

Biggest GTA ever, more cars than ever, not one but three protagonists, planes, open map from the get go, LS, Chilliad, outstanding graphics... But YOGA. I'LL NEVER BUY IT.  angry.gif

Exactly. Yoga isn't the only main mini game. Here's a list of currently known features:

Add the 'Dynamic missions' to the mix

Add the games similar to the ' taxi,, ambulance and vigilante missions' of the III era

Add tennis (I'm going to enjoy tennis)

Add the triathlons of the game.

Add golf.

Animals!(hunting?)

Lots of cool things to spend money on.

Scuba diving

...and much more

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

People, including myself, are just bitching about yoga because it seems like the dumbest thing to a GTA game. If Mafia headed towards the present time, THAT is where I would see yoga, but not in a GTA game.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:33)
People, including myself, are just bitching about yoga because it seems like the dumbest thing to a GTA game. If Mafia headed towards the present time, THAT is where I would see yoga, but not in a GTA game.

Why not?? Itīs something different... itīs a risk and R* never fail us....So...

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'll repeat it again.
They took a big step by making a 3D open world GTA: GTA III
This is the next big step. rahkstar2.gif
Think about how hard the programmers worked to make this game and you'll end up appreciating it a bit more.

Vicer Exciser
  • Vicer Exciser

Strawberrys...are packed with fiber!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

"We did not want to create a game with a single character anymore."

Okay, so the multiple protag thing is now standard for all upcoming r* games? i think they should also keep on the single protag.

As Houser already states, the more character the player has, the less proximity exists between player and protag.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (ALiXoV3rDoS3 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:22)
God, you people...

Biggest GTA ever, more cars than ever, not one but three protagonists, planes, open map from the get go, LS, Chilliad, outstanding graphics... But YOGA. I'LL NEVER BUY IT. angry.gif

Relax buddy, no one cares that yoga is in the game. People are upset that yoga made it but property buying didnt. This is a forum where people discuss their opinions, and while some of us can be assholes about it others are just trying to talk about it

The dynamic missions thing is seriously the most exciting thing for me so far. I even made a thread about it a while back and Im glad it made it in the game http://www.gtaforums...9325&hl=dynamic

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

*Will there be minigames ?*

No doubt less than in our previous games, as in Red Dead Redemption, where the poker game was really great. But they will be very good. 
There will be a golf game, tennis game, things we've never did before, and it will be very funny to ride a bike, drive cars, 
but this is not a surprise at all! Why we chosen these games is because of the context of the California where, for instance, a lot of people 
are doing Yoga. After all, when you are not in a mission, players do whatever they want of their spare times (laugh).

You know, I like GTA V, but some things, some very stupid things, they did make me want to shoot Dan Houser in the leg. Who dafuq cares about that happy ass yoga garbage, this is a fun free roam game made to be explicit and hilarious in a dark way, not some happy ass yoga sh*t over awesome kits on cars.
Don't become EA, listen to some things people would die for, nobody wants yoga over funner mini things. The lack of focus on some little great things that we loved is beginning to piss me off.

And go ahead and flamr me even though I said I still love this game. It's opinions, stop being a child and accept them.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:45)

Because I don't think it fits GTA. Imo, GTA has always been riding a fine line between stupidly realistic to the point it's not that fun and stupidly silly to the point it's not that fun.

user posted image

And yoga leans more towards stupidly realistic because it's a freaking GTA game for the love of God lol I'm sure Houser just wants to add atmosphere to the whole theme of Michael being rich, but there are much more interesting and creative things they could do instead of yoga to make that point. I just really, really hope there is some sort of benefit to it like increasing lung capacity.

______
  • ______

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Dan Houser is a genius.

brandrixco
  • brandrixco

I'm the GTA V protagonist BIATCH!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Niteye @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:11)
The less minigames could be a translation error?

Nope I just read the source material and his translation is pretty spot on other then a few errors here and there.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:55)
*Will there be minigames ?*

No doubt less than in our previous games, as in Red Dead Redemption, where the poker game was really great. But they will be very good. 
There will be a golf game, tennis game, things we've never did before, and it will be very funny to ride a bike, drive cars, 
but this is not a surprise at all! Why we chosen these games is because of the context of the California where, for instance, a lot of people 
are doing Yoga. After all, when you are not in a mission, players do whatever they want of their spare times (laugh).

You know, I like GTA V, but some things, some very stupid things, they did make me want to shoot Dan Houser in the leg. Who dafuq cares about that happy ass yoga garbage, this is a fun free roam game made to be explicit and hilarious in a dark way, not some happy ass yoga sh*t over awesome kits on cars.
Don't become EA, listen to some things people would die for, nobody wants yoga over funner mini things. The lack of focus on some little great things that we loved is beginning to piss me off.

And go ahead and flamr me even though I said I still love this game. It's opinions, stop being a child and accept them.

Im with you man, like I said, I dont mind that Yoga is in the game but I would much rather them spend time on useful features that make the criminal world and economy feel more engaging

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:57)

Because I don't think it fits GTA. Imo, GTA has always been riding a fine line between stupidly realistic to the point it's not that fun and stupidly silly to the point it's not that fun.

user posted image

And yoga leans more towards stupidly realistic because it's a freaking GTA game for the love of God lol I'm sure Houser just wants to add atmosphere to the whole theme of Michael being rich, but there are much more interesting and creative things they could do instead of yoga to make that point. I just really, really hope there is some sort of benefit to it like increasing lung capacity.

Haha..... we donīt know why Yoga is in the game....maybe itīs only a mini-game...but maybe can help us at any else.... And increasing lung capacity helps when you have cops on your tail..... tounge.gif

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

We'll have to wait and see, bro, but as of right now, it's a feature whose prospect I don't like.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Most people hated all the minigames in IV anyway (bowling), so what's the big deal? Just because there aren't as many minigames doesn't mean there aren't as many features. My god people, calm yourselves.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:11)

user posted image

Haha..... we donīt know why Yoga is in the game....maybe itīs only a mini-game...but maybe can help us at any else.... And increasing lung capacity helps when you have cops on your tail..... tounge.gif

Honestly, if yoga actually ended up being useful it would be better. Otherwise there will be no reason for half the people to even play that mini game

StringerBell
  • StringerBell

Studio Gangster

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Enjoyed that interview. Totally agree with improving the quality of minigames while reducing the quantity. Would rather have fewer good ways to pass the time than a load of nonsense.

SnowySA
  • SnowySA

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I hated the minigames in IV, I hate IV, I hate Roman that fat f*ck.
I hated Michelle that betrayal bitch. I hated that dirty rat Dimitri little assf*ck.

I love GTAV.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (StringerBell @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 23:47)
Enjoyed that interview. Totally agree with improving the quality of minigames while reducing the quantity. Would rather have fewer good ways to pass the time than a load of nonsense.

True. Just imagine playing tennis, TENNIS!

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:15)
QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:11)

user posted image

Honestly, if yoga actually ended up being useful it would be better. Otherwise there will be no reason for half the people to even play that mini game

Letīs wait....if yoga s**cks...then donīt try it....like bowling, washing car, pool, or others mini games....wait.....

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 16:19)
I have a feeling that GTA 5 is not like we expected. sad.gif

Oh shut up! The game will be long enough; there has never been a short Rockstar game- we get to play the story from three different perspectives, don't forget. If you weren't so busy acting like a whiny and disappointed child on Christmas morning you might do bit of research and discover that GTA 5 contains fewer but far fleshier and well-implemented mini-games than RDR and GTA 4; quality over quantity in this regard.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:37)

Oh shut up! The game will be long enough; there has never been a short Rockstar game- we get to play the story from three different perspectives, don't forget. If you weren't so busy acting like a whiny and disappointed child on Christmas morning you might do bit of research and discover that GTA 5 contains fewer but far fleshier and well-implemented mini-games than RDR and GTA 4; quality over quantity in this regard.

icon14.gif icon14.gif Itīs R* and itīs GTA...that means EPIC GAME!

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:04)
Quality>> quantity.

Add the games similar to the ' taxi, ambulance and vigilante missions'

Add tennis (I'm going to enjoy tennis!!)

Add golf.

Animals! (hunting?)

Add the awesome new vehicles to play with

...and much more!

THIS!

Maybe it's not all real 'minigames' but there are alot of activities still to do!

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (INEEDVNOW @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 18:51)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:04)
Quality>> quantity.

Add the games similar to the ' taxi, ambulance and vigilante missions'

Add tennis (I'm going to enjoy tennis!!)

Add golf.

Animals! (hunting?)

Add the awesome new vehicles to play with

...and much more!

THIS!

Maybe it's not all real 'minigames' but there are alot of activities still to do!

I f***ckin love walk on the streets, see people, hearing the city, and go 6 stars wanted....iīm still doing it on GTA IV....iīm still finding new things...amazing!

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I find Houser's mini-game response contradictory. He says "No doubt less than in our previous games, as in Red Dead Redemption." However, RDR had MORE mini-games than IV... right? IV only had bowling, pool, and darts. RDR had poker, blackjack, five finger fillet, horseshoes, and arm wrestling. So RDR had "less" minigames when it actually had more? I'm confused at what to take from this.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:37)

What I said could mean anything e.g GTA V is not like I expected because there are no flying cars, you see?
Anyway, my hype is 64/10.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:18)
I find Houser's mini-game response contradictory. He says "No doubt less than in our previous games, as in Red Dead Redemption." However, RDR had MORE mini-games than IV... right? IV only had bowling, pool, and darts. RDR had poker, blackjack, five finger fillet, horseshoes, and arm wrestling. So RDR had "less" minigames when it actually had more? I'm confused at what to take from this.

Not if you count the ones added in EFLC.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 21:10)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 19:37)

What I said could mean anything e.g GTA V is not like I expected because there are no flying cars, you see?
Anyway, my hype is 64/10.

So the sad face could mean perfect contentment with the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users