Los Santos (2004) VS Los Santos (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic
CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:45)
GTA V looks incredible compared to SA. I think it's time people let go of their uber-love for San Andreas. It was great for its time and I had a blast playing it, but that game is obsolete by today's standards. If it were released today it would get horrible ratings/reviews. That's the way technology works. What's amazing one day is crap the next. 10 years from now we'll be looking back and see a horrible game called GTA V and wonder why we ever thought it was that great.

Terrible reviewsjust because the graphics / physics engine? Seriously, so that's what matters for you? GTA IV is a sh*t in terms of gameplay, features, optimization, etc compared to GTA: SA.

There is still thousands of people playing GTA: SA and it's better than GTA IV for many people.

No offense, but graphics and engine are a big part of every game. They create the gameplay itself. Don't be a video game snob and act like they don't matter. They do matter. A lot in fact. If you can't see the good qualities in GTAIV then you need to actually go back to San Andreas and try playing it again because I bet you haven't lately. After playing GTAIV it's just not fun anymore going back to SA. The driving is terrible, the shooting mechanics suck, no real-time car damage, cartoony violence, and it'll make your eyes bleed in the process.

I really don't understand why people defend that game so adamantly. You're looking at it through rose colored lenses if you ask me. I for one am always glad to look forward and see the gameplay evolving.

Sorry but I have been playing GTA: SA since 2005 to 2012 ( http://sa-mp.com/ (53.000 players online at the moment when I write this thread) and http://www.mtasa.com/) (thousands of players online more playing) while I played GTA IV just a month and then it got boring (no, I don't play it).

If you think that the graphics and physics are the important thing about a game then you don't know nothing about the art of games. Why do you think there is still A LOT of RPG 2D games and games, awesome indie games like minecraft or 0x10c and a lot of games that are not photorealistic but epic, like GOTY 2012 (The Walking Dead).

You probably don't know about sa-mp and mta:sa or you are 10 year old so that's why some people here can't appreaciate games like GTA: SA and the games already mentioned.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:29)
QUOTE (CTCCoco)
Those are marketing screenshots just to make the game look better than it really is. Look at the marketing screenshots of GTA:SA.

Tbh, playing SA on my PS2 looked just as good as most of those screens.

The only ones that look better than the actual game imo are:

user posted image

user posted image

We'd probably have much different speculations about GTA: San Andreas if this were 2004 and these were real screenshots. Bravo!

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:13)
You probably don't know about sa-mp and mta:sa or you are 10 year old so that's why some people here can't appreaciate games like GTA: SA and the games already mentioned.

Wow.. clever little boy, aren't you? I'm 25 years old, jackass. I appreciate SA for what it was. When I was younger and that was as good as it got, it was a beautiful game. Looking back at it now, it's not so pretty. And like I said, the game's engine and the graphics create the core game itself. The gameplay spawns out of that. In actuality GTAIV created gameplay elements that SA never had or could've hoped to have. If you think it's just the pretty graphics that make GTAIV such a huge leap above SA, then you're sorely mistaken.

You're probably the type of jackass that likes Saints Row 3 over GTAIV. Go ahead, enjoy your mediocrity. I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinions, even idiotic ones.

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Games have evolved into living, breathing universes.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:50)

Wow.. clever little boy, aren't you? I'm 25 years old, jackass. I appreciate SA for what it was. When I was younger and that was as good as it got, it was a beautiful game. Looking back at it now, it's not so pretty. And like I said, the game's engine and the graphics create the core game itself. The gameplay spawns out of that. In actuality GTAIV created gameplay elements that SA never had or could've hoped to have. If you think it's just the pretty graphics that make GTAIV such a huge leap above SA, then you're sorely mistaken.

You're probably the type of jackass that likes Saints Row 3 over GTAIV. Go ahead, enjoy your mediocrity. I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinions, even idiotic ones.

+1

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Amazing. I cant wait to play this game, especially since i thought R* didnt do an AMAZING job with LS in San Andreas.

Cemetpuu
  • Cemetpuu

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

New part turn.gif

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[fuul sizee]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:45)
GTA V looks incredible compared to SA. I think it's time people let go of their uber-love for San Andreas. It was great for its time and I had a blast playing it, but that game is obsolete by today's standards. If it were released today it would get horrible ratings/reviews. That's the way technology works. What's amazing one day is crap the next. 10 years from now we'll be looking back and see a horrible game called GTA V and wonder why we ever thought it was that great.

Terrible reviewsjust because the graphics / physics engine? Seriously, so that's what matters for you? GTA IV is a sh*t in terms of gameplay, features, optimization, etc compared to GTA: SA.

There is still thousands of people playing GTA: SA and it's better than GTA IV for many people.

No offense, but graphics and engine are a big part of every game. They create the gameplay itself. Don't be a video game snob and act like they don't matter. They do matter. A lot in fact. If you can't see the good qualities in GTAIV then you need to actually go back to San Andreas and try playing it again because I bet you haven't lately. After playing GTAIV it's just not fun anymore going back to SA. The driving is terrible, the shooting mechanics suck, no real-time car damage, cartoony violence, and it'll make your eyes bleed in the process.

I really don't understand why people defend that game so adamantly. You're looking at it through rose colored lenses if you ask me. I for one am always glad to look forward and see the gameplay evolving.

Well said.

People base their opinions on San Andreas - purely through the principle of being Nostalgic. Everyone loved 2004 and we all had a great time playing SA in it's day, but the butt f*cking needs to stop now.

iTruth
  • iTruth

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Both games look so epic.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

FS

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Friday, May 3 2013, 23:16)
Well said.

People base their opinions on San Andreas - purely through the principle of being Nostalgic. Everyone loved 2004 and we all had a great time playing SA in it's day, but the butt f*cking needs to stop now.

Amen. If San Andreas were a person, I bet this is how it would feel. http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1161695

Nice job on the comparisons by the way, I still can't believe how good V looks on current gen. It's crazy. And I love how CJ is just standing there in his normal pose like, "whuddup?"

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Waingro @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 18:27)
QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:50)

+1

+10

SA's gameplay sucks compared to IV's. Quality > quantity all day, every day. sh*t, this CTCCoco guy had to mod the f*ck out of SA just to enjoy it, what does that tell you?

Asian_Ninja1
  • Asian_Ninja1

"Let's Bounce" - Jimmy

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

user posted image
  • BlackScout likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

Great thread! I'm still impressed with San Andreas. It was such an ambitious game for it's time, and it still holds a special place in my heart. I have spent more time on THAT game, than any other. Replay value for San Andreas was better than GTAIV, but GTAV looks like it's going to smash any other game in terms of hours spent playing. I never thought i'd see a better game than San Andreas, but Rockstar just keeps upping their game.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Cemetpuu @ Friday, May 3 2013, 23:06)
New part turn.gif

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[fuul sizee]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

user posted image
[full size]

Great thread! Really loved every comparison picture. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Please keep doing this until the game releases.

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

lol wow, San Andreas is really showing its age.

V looks great.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Gameplay screenshots can't be compared to enhanced screenshots

And if you honestly believe that the V screenshots are gameplay, I feel sorry for you

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (XxcamptechxX @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 21:36)
So upset that I dont have a PC and Im stuck with a newer PS3 so I cant even play San Andreas anymore sad.gif

San Andreas is on Playstation Store.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (ed72o @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 00:50)
And if you honestly believe that the V screenshots are gameplay, I feel sorry for you

Why are you assuming that they aren't?

Look at IV/SA pre-release screen shots and then try and find something that you may never have seen in the game.

Granted, the camera angle/situation may have been orchestrated by R*, but I'm yet to see anything which is above and beyond what the series has delivered in the past. So why should I be sceptical of the future?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Max. @ Friday, May 3 2013, 20:11)
Granted, the camera angle/situation may have been orchestrated by R*, but I'm yet to see anything which is above and beyond what the series has delivered in the past.

But you are right that professionals took the photos at the best angle which does make a difference. This page has decent comparisons, not great. But many of the pics on the first page aren't even close to comparable.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

GTAO PS4 HERE I COME.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

HD > LD

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Wait until you guys are comparing GTA 5 to GTA 7!

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by ed72o, 04 May 2013 - 04:18 AM.

QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:19)
Those are marketing screenshots just to make the game look better than it really is.

Thank you

Also, is SA obsolete because it has no DLC? cryani.gif

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 16:19)
Those are marketing screenshots just to make the game look better than it really is. Look at the marketing screenshots of GTA:SA.

You agree with me that those screenshots are better than the screenshots player have take in-game.

Well... no, it still looks like crap.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Look at the development. wow.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Amazing.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

I remember thinking the SA graphics are so damn good years ago. biggrin.gif
This makes me curious what I will say about V in 8 years.

DarkVegas57
  • DarkVegas57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

I mean, SA looks wayyyyy better. yawn.gif

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (TheMisanthrope @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 12:51)
Holy sh*t.
I don't think I could ever play San Andreas again...
Not after playing GTA IV and other games up to date I must be a graphics whore because SA looks terrible now we've such a long ways since 2004.

I play GTA SA more than I play IV

Much funner game even if the graphics are not modern.

I love this thread anyway. Best thread around.
The Vinewood sign is up so high now.

The fire/explosions are worlds apart from SA. Why are people complaining about that.

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Cemetpuu @ Friday, May 3 2013, 23:06)
New part  turn.gif

user posted image
[full size]

Where is that upper image from? wow.gif
Source please colgate.gif

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Anyone reckon they can compare some GTA:VC with GTA IV?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users