[SA] Weapon.dat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by oksa8, 28 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

So I did a little search at Tutorials-section, and didn't find any tutorial for San Andreas for file weapon.dat.

So let's begin, shall we?

A: Identifier
Used to easily identify weapon, can be present multiple times for some weapons as they require multiple entries because of weapon skill levels.

B: Fire Type
Defines if the weapon will have regular/instant hit bullets or sniper bullets, or if they are projectiles or area-effect weapons, for example grenade is projectile and flamethrower has area-effect.

C: Target Range
Range in meters where you can lock-on when aiming or where you will see the health of pedestarian. Higher values will result longer lock-on range.

D: Range
Range in meters how far bullets hit. Higher values will result longer-travelling bullets.

E: Weapon ID
General ID of weapon, used to find matching data from other files.

F: Secondary Weapon ID
ID for secondary weapon used by primary weapon. Great example is Satchel Charge, where the bomb is primary weapon and detonator is secondary.

G: Weapon Group
Weapon group of weapon. On regular San Andreas, 0 is for fists/brass knuckles, 1 for melee and so on. There are total of 13 different groups to be used, from 0 to 12.

H: Magazine
Size of magazine.

I: Weapon Damage
Damage which weapon does on hit. Also increases recoil. Does not affect projectiles.

J, K, L: FLOAT_FIRE_SET [x,y,z]
Unknown, probably used to calculate position of muzzle flash when there isn't one supplied with model of the weapon.

M: Skill Level
Defines skill level of current configuration-line. 0 is for poor skill level, 1 for gangster and 2 for hitman.

O: Skill Needed
Amount of skill needed to acquire next skill level. Usually varies between 0 and 1000.

P: Accuracy
Defines accuracy of weapon, really high values can make weapon fully accurate even at full automatic fire.

Q: Movement Speed
Movement speed while aiming/firing weapon. 1.0 is for regular walk-speed, and lower values will make player walk slower.

R: Animation Loop [Standing] [Beginning, End, Firing]
Used to calculate correct animations while firing and also affects rate of fire. For fast rate of fire, low values should be used. NOTE: Usually "End"-value should be higher than "Beginning" or "Firing", otherwise bugs may occur. And too low values will make shooting a weapon impossible.

[b]S: Animation Loop [Crouching] [Beginning, End, Firing]
Same as "Section R", but used when crouching with the weapon.

[b]T: BreakOutTime

Unknown.

U: HEX-Flags
Used to define special characters of weapon. HEX-flags are written in reverse, so first HEX-flag is actually the last number. To use multiple HEX-flags, you only need to know values of each HEX-flag you want to add (written in weapon.dat) and then add them together. If the values is higher than 9, then alphabetics are used. 10 equals A, 11 for B and so on.

Suggestions, improvements, comments? All welcome! smile.gif

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by Jony., 13 June 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Slight bump but the breakout time is the time it takes for CJ to aim down the weapon and then start to walk/run (M4, Shotgun, spas, deagle, etc.) if you set it to 0 you can start to sprint straight after shooting without having to wait for any cool down

EDIT: say you wanted to edit the deagle so that you could run while shooting it, the flag you need to change is the last one. for the deagle it would be 7001, 7011, the second to last 1 means that it is set to gangster level, and then 7031, the 3, means that it is set to to hitman level, the 7 means that you can not run while shooting with this weapon

uzis and pistols have these flags "3013" the number 3 will let you run and shoot, the 1 means that it is set to noob level, if you change it to 3 then that becomes gangster/hitman, and if you replace the 0 with an 8 it will make it so you dual wield the weapon

Hussein Sanabsi
  • Hussein Sanabsi

Player Hater

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Did you can make any shotgun or ak47 or m4 shoot a tear gas ? (Tear gas bullet )!!

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Where can I define the fire rate?

pogo_01
  • pogo_01

Never give up modding !

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think it's hardcoded. I can't define the fire rate,too. :(

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

I think it's hardcoded. I can't define the fire rate,too. :(

I'm using a mod by Ss4gogeta0 which is the Additional Weapon Spawn v2 (I know I use an outdated version lol) and I would like to edit the fire rate of some guns. They fire like rifles and not like Assaults :/

Hussein Sanabsi
  • Hussein Sanabsi

Player Hater

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Who can make tear gas bullets mod ???????
How I can make tear gas bullets mod ??????

Leonnex Frost
  • Leonnex Frost

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Singapore

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by Leonnex Frost, 18 October 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Where can I define the fire rate?

the 2nd and the 5th number of section R.the lesser,the faster and less acurrate.(P.S. do you know how to improve accuracy (in another method)?if u do please tell me i'm trying to fix my micro_uzi it is kicking like a mule)

If you really don't know gimme your weapon.dat and i'll edit for you

Who can make tear gas bullets mod ???????
How I can make tear gas bullets mod ??????

you need a cleo mod for that,not an edit in weapons.dat

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Don't bump a topic just so you can reply to old posts.

Locked with OP's permission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users