» «
Photo

New ways and tricks to get special vehicles

9 replies to this topic
Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:31 AM Edited by Sucha84, 12 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

To freeze wanted level:

There is an easy and effective way to push any special vehicle that must be used sawn off shotgun. The main problem is with using sawn off shotgun, it attracts lots of police and gang members attention. So, if you don't mind it, you can easily get a wanted level and it's difficult to avoid once you got it. So, to avoid it, there is a trick and you can avoid getting any wanted star with shooting sawn off shotgun.

Method: This is even easier if you have got hitman level for sawn off shotgun. Before you shoot, look ahead whether there are any cops on foot and there are any police bikes or cars in coming. If there is no police ahead, then press "look back" button to see whether there are any cops or cop cars near your back. When you press look back button, destroyed special vehicle won't vanish although there is any condense to vanish. So, no need to fear. But, if you look back with inverting mouse, wreckage may vanish. So after you confirm that there is no police near by both front and back, then use sawn off shotgun. If you see any police, then wait cop or cop vehicle go away before you shoot. This method can be used effectively for BP/FP/EP/DP FCR 900, White Newsvan and Bravura. But still it's difficult for BP/FP/EP/DP Greenwood because of Rioters.

If somehow you get the attention of gang members, use sniper rifle or silenced pistol to kill them. It's better you kill them on sight with sniper rifle even if they ignore you. For some reason, police won't easily give any wanted level for killing 5-6 enemy gang members with sniper rifle. If you get any wanted level, switch back to fist mode and keep running while focusing wreckage of special vehicle.

If you choose night time, police and gang members will be lesser and easy to avoid them.

How to get both Stretch with black bottom half and Green Pizza Boy (mission Ice cold Killa):

Method: After you come to the red marker, kill 2 security guards and broadway. If you get 2 star wanted level, remove it by driving to a nearby pay and spray. After that, drive one stretch to a garage and do the mission until you kick off Jizzy from his Pizzaboy. Then drive it to a garage too. This way, we can minimize the time of pushing Pizzaboy from Stretch.

Getting Stretch with black bottom half (Mission Jizzy):

Method: After you are triggered to chase and kill peasants, Destroy Stretch first and pay no attention to Huntley. After you destroy Stretch, get out from Broadway. After Stretch is destroyed, 4 enemies will come off from Huntley. Keep the distance and snipe 3 of them. Then push Stretch with another vehicle to a garage. Come back and kill remaining enemy and hop in Broadway to pass the mission

Getting Khaki Brown Camper (mission Jizzy):

Method: After you save HO from 2 peasants, hop in Camper before HO gets in. Then drive it to garage and come back for Broadway. Then, pass the mission as normal. In this way, there is no mission failure required to acquire Khaki Brown Camper.

Getting Light Green Packer (Mission Cop Wheels):

Method: In this way, you don't need a tow truck to get this Packer. First steal one police bike to Packer to track Packer's path. Then use any vehicle to follow packer until timer is gone to fail the mission. Follow Packer carefully. It should be stopped after some distance. Then drive ahead of it, stop and shoot driver with sniper rifle to his head off. This driver is not an invincible person. So, he is killed with leaving the door open. Hop it and drive it to a garage.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

When you need to shoot wrecks with sawn-off, it doesn't really matter that cops spot you, just switch to parachute and beat them up, you won't end with 2 stars, you'll still have one, then just wait till it disappears, since there won't be any cops (alive), it should go pretty quick.

I found it really easy to shoot any wreck to garages with this parachute trick, FI Greenwood is nowhere near 5* now cool.gif

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (__mako @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 16:40)
When you need to shoot wrecks with sawn-off, it doesn't really matter that cops spot you, just switch to parachute and beat them up, you won't end with 2 stars, you'll still have one, then just wait till it disappears, since there won't be any cops (alive), it should go pretty quick.

I found it really easy to shoot any wreck to garages with this parachute trick, FI Greenwood is nowhere near 5* now cool.gif

The thing you said is hard to believe. But, I will try what you said. Normally, even if you kill Cops even with fists, wanted level increases. It's hard to believe that killing them with parachute mode will not increase wanted level. FI Greenwood is still very hard because when rioters are ongoing, aquired wanted level will not disappear quickly and can easily increase for 2 with very little furthermore crimes. Also, there is a danger to fight with cops with focusing wreckage because any slight out-focus will trigger to disappear wreckage.

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

All right, if you don't believe, feel free to try it smile.gif
But i didn't find it out anyway, i read it somewhere here on the forums... but i don't remember which thread.
It actually work really well and makes things easier, there's no need to worry about wreck disappearing while fighting cops, just wait till he comes to you and the postion yourself so that you can beat him up and see the wreck at the same time.
And gang member may rise wanted level/start gang war, that's true, but i just win all territories i need before mission, we need 35 anyway.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

__mako is absolutely right.
QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 15:53)
a parachute also allows you to kill cops ALMOST w/o any attention. you will NOT get more than one star and it will disappear rather quickly.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (__mako @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 16:40)

You are absolutely correct. With parachute, police is no more a barrier to use sawn off shotgun. But, still BP/EP/FP/DP Greenwood will be 5 stars because of rioters. They always use Pistals and shoot to me and damage a considerable health even before I switch off to a better weapon to kill them. Switching off with another weapon takes a quite some time due to sawn off shotgun's very high reloading time. Also recruited homies are dificult to keep near me as they always fight with others without any reasons. Although, I finally got FI Greenwood, even one more Tec 90 bullet wound, could have waste my effort.

If you can give some tip to avoid rioters, I am glad. Hookers and Drug dealers are main enemy on this point.

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:01 AM Edited by __mako, 17 November 2012 - 09:05 AM.

Well i only use GSF too, or i am hiding behind wreck or some walls and so on, they are still a threat. But i always win all territories on the way where i'll need to shoot wreck, then i shoot it down to canal on the eastern side which has a ramp right next to garage, i only tried it like 4-5 times till i got it, in the end i got 4 stars anyway and just when i shot it in garage i got killed biggrin.gif it saved properly tho.
oh, btw this route is great too, because of that armor which helps when low health.

So it still is quite difficult, but 5* is something like FI Boxville, i never got that one, i can't turn off frame limiter cuz im on PS2 and when i hit it it moves, but not straight down but behind those fcr's.. when it gets there i cant to anything because fcr can't be pushed..

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

FI Boxville is not that difficult for me. Yes. Turning off frame limiter takes easier and I needed about dozen of unsuccessful attempts before I successfully push Boxville from the hill with Firetruck. But, I don't give 5 stars because for each unsuccessful attempt, there is a nearby spawn location of a firetruck and it takes easier with practice. Once you hit correctly with Boxville, rest is quite easy and no need to worry about health. But for this Greenwood, health is a worring factor.

Honestly, I could get this hella difficult Greenwood with my very first attempt although I faced so many problems with rioters. I guess even if you push it inside canel, there is a difficulty to push with ramp. So instead, I push it normal way. Another very difficult FI vehicle is Tenpenny's Firetruck. I could get it with my 2nd attempt. I strongly believe using highest resolution (1024 * 768 * 16) also helps to run the game smoothly and added help to turn off frame limiter.

I am going to post one of my save game with having all possible special (proofed and unique feature) vehicles with getting 100% completion. It has no modding or no cheats and have 100% territory under control.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

We're all aware too that if someone tries to take one of your territories (gang wars) while you're trying to get the FI Greenwood that if you jack any service vehicle (usually a Taxi) and trigger the sub-mission the war ends right?

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, but I mean when I start gang war - killing 3 Ballas, does it work this way too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users