WHAT IT DOES
Car wrecks hurt! Put on a seatbelt to reduce damage and prevent flying through the windshield.
- Minor wrecks don't hurt you.
- Normal wrecks hurt you based on car damage.
- Big wrecks hurt you based on car damage x1.5 and can trigger the drunk cam effect.
- Crashing upside down or sideways hurts you based on car damage x3.
- Press Left Alt to put on your seatbelt.
HOW TO INSTALL
This is a script for HazardX's .NET scripthook. Just place DeadlyWrecks.net.dll and DeadlyWrecks.ini into the 'scripts' folder of the .NET scripthook.
v1.1.6 — last updated October 16, 2013
If you'd like to support me and my mods,
take 5 seconds and use this download link!
If you're in a hurry, use this one.
- Only you take damage from this mod, not NPCs.
- See the DeadlyWrecks.ini file for various settings.
. . . . The default settings assume that you have a car damage realism mod like Realistic Driving by Killatomate.
. . . . You can type "reloadini" in the console to load new settings while the game is running.
- When you wear your seatbelt:
. . . . You won't fly through the windshield.
. . . . Damage is reduced by a configurable amount.
. . . . There's a max amount of damage per collision (but you can still die if a wreck involves multiple collisions).
- There are settings (off by default) for more seatbelt realism:
. . . . Seatbelt_KeyHoldDuration: You have to hold the seatbelt key to put it on/take it off.
. . . . Seatbelt_PreventExit: You have to remove the seatbelt before getting out (huge thanks to LMS).
v1.1.6 — October 16, 2013
- Decreased default ChassisSensitivity from 1.5 to 1.0
- Decreased default EngineSensitivity from 0.6 to 0.5
- Fixed bug: Flying through the windshield wasn't always detected
- Fixed bug: The radar flashed red upon entering a vehicle
v1.1.5 — October 15, 2013
- When you fly through the windshield, you take 90 damage (EjectionDamage INI setting)
- Added Seatbelt_PreventExit INI option: you have to remove seatbelt to get out (huge thanks to LMS)
- Added Seatbelt_Reminder INI option: reminder to remove seatbelt when you try to get out
- Added underscore to seatbelt setting names in INI for readability
- Decreased default ChassisSensitivity setting from 1.75 to 1.5
- Split INI into "Damage Detection" and "Seatbelt" sections
- Minor code cleanup
v1.1.4 — May 21, 2013
- "MinimumWreckDamage" threshold is applied AFTER any damage multipliers and seatbelt protection
- Added "SeatbeltKeyHoldDuration" INI setting - how long you have to hold the seatbelt toggle key
- Increased default "ChassisSensitivity" setting from 1.0 to 1.75
- Decreased default "EngineSensitivity" setting from 0.8 to 0.6
- Decreased default "MinimumWreckDamage" setting from 15 to 10
- Minor code cleanup
v1.1.3 — February 15, 2013
- Added chance of big wrecks triggering drunk cam (4 new INI settings)
- Changed INI setting "SeatbeltNoDamageWhilePassenger" to "SeatbeltPassengerProtection" (more customizable)
- Decreased default "EngineSensitivity" setting from 0.95 to 0.8
- Increased default "MinimumWreckDamage" setting from 10 to 15
- Moved default seatbelt icon position to avoid overlapping my Arrest Warrant mod's vehicle wanted level
- Damage multipliers are applied individually, instead of being added together and then applied
v1.1.2 — January 15, 2013
- When you're a passenger, the seatbelt gives full protection from wrecks
- Added INI setting "SeatbeltNoDamageWhilePassenger" to disable the above change
v1.1.1 — November 18, 2012
- Fixed bug: The seatbelt warning appeared when you died with the seatbelt on
- Changed default INI settings:
. . . . Decreased UpsideDownMultiplier from 5.0 to 3.0
. . . . Increased SeatbeltProtection from 15 to 20
. . . . Decreased SeatbeltMaxDamagePerCollision from 85 to 80
v1.1 — November 12, 2012
- Replaced "Seatbelt on/off" text with a flashing warning icon near the radar
- Compiled script to DLL file
v1.0.1 hotfix — November 11, 2012
- Fixed bug: BigWreckTreshold and BigWreckMultiplier INI settings didn't load properly
v1.0.1 — November 11, 2012
- Modified seatbelt calculation (damage cap is applied after protection, instead of before)
- Fixed bug: The seatbelt key didn't work while holding Control, Alt, or Shift
- Minor code cleanup