'll translate exactly the phrase "Tra l'altro, già durante questa presentazione Rockstar si è potuta sbottonare sul numero di ore necessarie per portare a termine soltanto la trama principale: siamo sui livelli di Red Dead Redemption e sulle sue 25 ore abbondanti di gioco."
"During this presentation, R* has been able to talk about the number of hours to finish just the main story: we are on RDR levels and on his 25 abundant hours of game."
So the number "25" is written explicitly but i'm not sure if the journalist wrote it because R* said "25" explicitly or because R* said the main story is on "RDR levels"
The staffs of Multiplayer.it partecipated at the same event that Game Informer and some other international magazine/site partecipated at. I will translate the article which will be published tomorrow when the embargo will finish. I hope you will enjoy.
Summary and translation by LEFANTOME
- Alamo Sea is the name of the Salt sea in california, in the background of the desert around the lake you can see Mount Chiliad
- You can select the characters through a radial menu
- In the demo they took control of Franklin while he was in the toiletn.In free roaming when you switch character you don't know what he is doing at the moment.
- During missions switching characters is partially scripted.
- There are 6 turning point in the plot, they will be deep and long missions. There will be multiple endings based on player choices
- The main quest is as long as RDR's one.
- The map is 3 times larger than RDR, if you count the sea(explorable) it's 5 times.
- The map is fully explorable since the beginning.
- Wild dogs confirmed, there will be animals.
- The game has some problems with framerate and there is a lot of aliasing but the complexity and the widht of the scenes rendered are amazing
- The physics engine has been "rewritten"
Summary and translation by DOCRIKOWSKY
Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea like area.
- Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
- Missions will involve just one, two or three protagonists at the same time.
- Switching in missions partially scripted.
- In the demo mission final part (same mission as GI) the player can decide which character use.
- The story's only goal is not a great finale reached by a linear storyline. Most of the missions are to prepare you to pass through some crucial twists in the storyline.
There are 6 of this crucial moments that are played in 6 high quality missions.
There will be multiple great finales that will depend on what you did previously in the game.
- they say map is 3x RDR one on land and 5x RDR one if you include sea areas.
- Map open since the start except some protected areas.
- Dynamic events a la RDR world. Example they saw in the demo: an armored car transporting money stops for gas — you can either rob it while it is at the gas station or follow it to its destination and then perform a more spectacular and profitable robbery.
- Dogs confirmed. Pets and stray dogs.
- Money will be needed to gain access to some missions.
- They suppose there will be properties that will make you gain money but they do not confirm it.
- Automatic/electric soft tops (hoods?) in convertible/sports cars.
- Still some frame rate and aliasing issues that will be improved in final version.
New info translated by DUL
Multiplayer.it answered to some questions about GTA V via twitter today while they were showing in live streaming NFS MW (I announced it today).
Hopefully I won't forget anything, here all the info they gave:
First of all, next week they will release an interview with Dan Houser, they teased that he will reply to lot of questions, such as "Why there never been female protagonists?" and "Why all GTAs are set in America and there aren't GTAs in other countries?"
- There is no a lead platform, they are developing the game at the same time in both PS3 and XBOX360
- Who saw the demo thinks that there won't be a Wii U version because rockstar is not experienced with this new console, but he is also confident that there will be a PC version after a few months.
- Who saw the demo was impressed not so much by the graphic (but he said that the graphic is amazing), but by the credibility of the game world and attention to details
- Speaking of graphic, the demo had a lot alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphic was great but the frame rate was really bad.
- At the moment you can't switch between characters if you are in free roam and you are wanted, but they are still working on that so it may change (Maybe we'll be able to switch characters and then make a huge escape from police with all the characters together... Damn, this should be in the wish list lol)
- There will be multiple endings (Maybe we already know that, I can't remember)
As for the lenght of the game, Rockstar said that the main story alone lasts about as the red dead redemption one. So about 25-30 hours. But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.
Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.
Thanks to Lefantome, Docrikowsky and DUL