11,738 replies to this topic
Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 23:06)
i asked this a few months ago already. but as there were many new screens since then.

are there any hints in the screens which indicate possible tuning options?

As The General said, there has been nothing released so far that indicates that there is vehicle customization of any kind in the game.

I will, however, add it to the first post with giant glittery letters, if it is ever confirmed, though. So keep checking back. wink.gif

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Is it a possibility that the rear of the VW Passat look-a-like is a 2013 Ford Taurus? It looks to be similar to Ford Taurus where the rear is higher than the front.
user posted image

user posted image

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

It's impossible to tell from the front. There are far too many cars with the same type of design.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 00:52)
It's impossible to tell from the front. There are far too many cars with the same type of design.

Awh that's a shame, for a second there i thought Rockstar actually put a Ford Taurus SHO look-a-like in V. For now i can just hope it's in the game by September biggrin.gif .

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

It's very possible it will be in. Police agencies are now beginning to use them as they begin to replace the Crown Vics they've been accustomed to. Perhaps police and civilian units will be included.

CaptainCapri
  • CaptainCapri

Cluckin Hell!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 02:03)
It's very possible it will be in. Police agencies are now beginning to use them as they begin to replace the Crown Vics they've been accustomed to. Perhaps police and civilian units will be included.

I hope there will be civillian Crown Vics, as far as I am aware no GTA has had a civillian Crown Vic? Just Police and Taxi versions.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 23:06)
i asked this a few months ago already. but as there were many new screens since then.

are there any hints in the screens which indicate possible tuning options?

As The General said, there has been nothing released so far that indicates that there is vehicle customization of any kind in the game.

I will, however, add it to the first post with giant glittery letters, if it is ever confirmed, though. So keep checking back. wink.gif

Thx. Lets hope there will be customization

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 02:03)

It's such a nice car. I wonder will it be a completely new car or a updated/returning car.
That screenshot with trevor on a Daemon in the desert driving away from the cops, that police suv is very similar to the Police Interceptor Jeep so hopefully the Taurus is somewhere behind that or in game somewhere else.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Azazel, 24 April 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Now, I've gone over the past ten pages or so, making changes to the main post based on your input, mostly regarding the 'Based on'-info.

If you posted something in these pages, that didn't get added to the main post, it's because I didn't agree with your viewpoint, but please don't let that keep you from voicing your opinion in the future. This is a community project, so I expect all of you to shout if there's something that bothers you, or something that you want added.

Every bit of critique and all ideas is welcome! smile.gif

EDIT: I added a CHANGELOG right below the main post. Makes it a bit easier for you guys to keep track of the changes made to the main post. smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Nice going Az!

kinobla
  • kinobla

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Unnamed suv 3 link not working sad.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by Azazel, 25 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

QUOTE (kinobla @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 16:04)
Unnamed suv 3 link not working sad.gif

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm working on some alternative hosting at the moment. Once everything is set up, I'll re-host all the images. smile.gif

EDIT: I've gone over most of the image links now, and re-hosted the few that weren't loading properly. This is a temporary fix - the new place will provide much faster loading of the images (and easier uploading! biggrin.gif ).

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 25 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Azazel, I see that you went through and looked at all the post over the last few pages. You didn't really agree with my viewpoint on the Sub-compact vs compact argument and I dont see why, it is a perfectly valid argument I think, unless I missed a conversation stating that the car in the trailer has been deemed a compact car rather than the understood Sub-compact car... If there was such a conversation, sorry if I missed it. But I digress, the Un-named hatchback in the trailer is obviously a Sub-Compact car which would make it ridiculous to base it on two cars that are in a different class than said car. While there have been many many suggestions about what the car is based on, I think at the very least we could agree on a car(s) that it is based on, that is within the same class. I had mentioned it just be labeled under 'Generic Sub-Compact' but I think we can derive a couple of fitting cars from all the suggestions of all the sub-compact cars from other users.

My take on it: The Toyota Prius' roof line fits as well as the rear, the subtle line from front to back on the side that passes through the door handle. The tail lights do not match, but thats about it. Plus, it is one of the United states most sold sub-compact car making it ideal as a parody to the american lifestyle. Edit: Also the earlier models (2010, 2011) dont have as many sharp edges on the back near the fenders.

This is a 4 door but it comes as a coupe as well.
user posted image
The 2012 Toyota Prius SE

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I get the feeling they weren't shooting for any particular car with the hatch. They've done it before, the Kuruma was basically just a generic sedan.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 20:27)
I get the feeling they weren't shooting for any particular car with the hatch. They've done it before, the Kuruma was basically just a generic sedan.

I guess that's sort of my conclusion, too. I know I also have it listed as an Alfa, but I think we can all agree on it being a play on a generic, Japanese hatchback. It's not that distinctive in its design, which is why it's been pitched as pretty much every hatchback that's ever rolled off a production line. tounge.gif

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 15:32)
Azazel, I see that you went through and looked at all the post over the last few pages. You didn't really agree with my viewpoint on the Sub-compact vs compact argument and I dont see why, it is a perfectly valid argument I think, unless I missed a conversation stating that the car in the trailer has been deemed a compact car rather than the understood Sub-compact car... If there was such a conversation, sorry if I missed it. But I digress, the Un-named hatchback in the trailer is obviously a Sub-Compact car which would make it ridiculous to base it on two cars that are in a different class than said car. While there have been many many suggestions about what the car is based on, I think at the very least we could agree on a car(s) that it is based on, that is within the same class. I had mentioned it just be labeled under 'Generic Sub-Compact' but I think we can derive a couple of fitting cars from all the suggestions of all the sub-compact cars from other users.

My take on it: The Toyota Prius' roof line fits as well as the rear, the subtle line from front to back on the side that passes through the door handle. The tail lights do not match, but thats about it. Plus, it is one of the United states most sold sub-compact car making it ideal as a parody to the american lifestyle. Edit: Also the earlier models (2010, 2011) dont have as many sharp edges on the back near the fenders.

This is a 4 door but it comes as a coupe as well.
user posted image
The 2012 Toyota Prius SE

Looks like more Peugeot 208

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

And yet it's not too generic either. I'd like to see R* come up with more unique designs.

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (PhilWillKill @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 16:13)
Have you checked the SSC Aero for influencing the Cheetah?
I know, I know it's "Enzo and Agera" but I think the Aero has more input on the final look of the car than an Enzo does!

user posted image

Cheetah is based on Koenigsegg Agera and Pagani Zonda Tricolore

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (The Unknown Man @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:26)
So it seems that the 9F also comes with a roof. tounge2.gif

user posted image

In GTA V we can close or open the car hood

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAutoV. @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 19:46)
QUOTE (PhilWillKill @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 16:13)
Have you checked the SSC Aero for influencing the Cheetah?
I know, I know it's "Enzo and Agera" but I think the Aero has more input on the final look of the car than an Enzo does!

user posted image

Cheetah is based on Koenigsegg Agera and Pagani Zonda Tricolore

I agree, but there is no doubt that R* have at least taken a little influence from the Aero, especially the headlights.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 19:40)
QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 20:27)

I guess that's sort of my conclusion, too. I know I also have it listed as an Alfa, but I think we can all agree on it being a play on a generic, Japanese hatchback. It's not that distinctive in its design, which is why it's been pitched as pretty much every hatchback that's ever rolled off a production line. tounge.gif

*In Abed voice* Cool cool cool. It does look like every SC car that comes off of Japanese assembly lines. Generic Sub-compact it is.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

We'll just have to see it from front to do more judgment. Hope it appears again in one of those three trailers.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 16:06)
We'll just have to see it from front to do more judgment. Hope it appears again in one of those three trailers.

Yeah, I hope new cars will show up in the trailers or the new previews the next week icon14.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Mpower @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 16:06)

Yeah, I hope new cars will show up in the trailers or the new previews the next week icon14.gif

Or Franklin driving to the local TransFender to spruce up his 9F. rolleyes.gif

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 16:27)

Or Franklin driving to the local TransFender to spruce up his 9F. rolleyes.gif

That would be great !! My number one wish for gta V

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

UPDATE!

• The Data Files for the 'Figher Jet' and the 'Andromada' are now up. smile.gif

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 15:51)
UPDATE!

You really need to create a data file on the rocket ship. There is so much info on it.

Gematria
  • Gematria

Don't Trust Anyone

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

very good Azazel,you have others Data files in Mind?

Azazel
  • Azazel

Moderating

• None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 23:39)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 15:51)
UPDATE!

You really need to create a data file on the rocket ship. There is so much info on it.

I heard that you'll be able to do jumps from the stratosphere, all Felix Baumgartner like. cool.gif

QUOTE (HVG)
very good Azazel,you have others Data files in Mind?

The plan is to cover most of the 'interesting' vehicles the game has to offer. Meaning that I won't make a Data File for a vehicle we've only seen once, from a single angle, or ones that simply aren't intriguing. smile.gif

Gematria
  • Gematria

Don't Trust Anyone

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hmmm.... OK,I Unique to like see a Cobra 62 in game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users