GTA V Vehicle Database

11,207 replies to this topic
Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'm sorry, this really doesn't have to do anything with the discussion about the upcoming DLC, but I was skimming through the topic and I saw returning vehicles made as classics. I had to stop and think, what if Rockstar actually did that? Like for instance, the Dominator was supposed to be a 2013 Mustang GT. So what if they made that into a classic Dominator?

Dominator_V.jpg

stephen-beckers-ultra-low-mileage-1967-s

homer-drooling.png

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yes, the Jester is the NSX. 

hr4iTFL.jpg

XmhV6js.jpg

• Ragref likes this

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

I was right.  :colgate:

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by Militia, 03 March 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Jester looks badass!

• GúnZinEss and Ragref like this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Alpha

7rfJSKt.jpg

UKACtWG.jpg

Turismo R

mAYuqip.jpg

dCEJsYE.jpg

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

I figured the Jester was going to be the NSX, take that all you fanboys who thought it was going to be a Toyota... As for the Alpha, that looks corny as f*ck :/ I thought it was going to be a lot like the Presidante, instead we got some Korean looking car. The Turismo looks f*cking sweet though holy sh*t, it looks better than in the pictures.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Apparently, the Jester has a lot of customization options. 10 bumpers.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Apparently, the Jester has a lot of customization options. 10 bumpers.

tumblr_ln2eqbmk6Q1qbq7ok.gif

• Ermac. likes this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

The Jester with race mods. Credit goes to /u/izaacbrook:cYlau3S.jpg

rHv5Hps.jpg

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

The Jester looks like rubbish and I am not to keen about the Turismo's ass. The Alpha looks like sh*t in the front, but it's ass looks good. Such a shame...

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

The Jester looks like rubbish and I am not to keen about the Turismo's ass. The Alpha looks like sh*t in the front, but it's ass looks good. Such a shame...

The Jester is the best looking of all of them, I can't wait until it's available online.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Boring Car Fan

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

So they're not so bad after all. But I still can't get over the fact that R* doesn't add any of those cars into the traffic.

So anyway, those 3 vehicles' names were leaked long before the update's announcement. Besides them, the string of names also mentions Huntley, Zentorno and Massacro. Might be part of a further future update.

I have no idea what the latter two might be. And when it comes to Huntley, in a good scenario it might be a classic Land Rover like in SA, in a bad scenario - yet another of those modern ones.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I may be wrong in that matter, but I believe we already got massacro - Albany Roosevelt which add-on was called Massacre. It sounds strangely similar to the name of the car. 

Also I was right about Jester. I wouldn't mind being wrong this time. I don't have anything against NSX, but some normal car would be nice for a change.

• Sting4S likes this

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Partially disappointed. Not that I was really expecting much.

Come on man, more hyper cars? I'm sick of these damn hyper cars!! Christ man, they could of at least made it the classic NSX or something.

They don't look bad, but they could have been based on average cars for once.

• B Dawg and suicidehummer like this

caiaof
  • caiaof

Amputechture

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Partially disappointed. Not that I was really expecting much.

Come on man, more hyper cars? I'm sick of these damn hyper cars!! Christ man, they could of at least made it the classic NSX or something.

They don't look bad, but they could have been based on average cars for once.

I will disagree with you. Average cars will only be good if they spawn outside your garage. There's no point in giving us average cars if NPCs can't drive them.

• B Dawg and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

An older NSX would have been superb. Similar to the Infernus from San Andreas. But you know 2013 Rockstar, "Everythings gotta be a stupid badass overdatop supercar woohoo!"
  • B Dawg and suicidehummer like this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

To be honest, they already f*cked up the Bifta/Injection, the old NSX would only f*ck up continuity even more, just like the Camper/Journey/Surfer.

erwinnwijaya_
  • erwinnwijaya_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

why not bring back PMP 600 & Presidente? Seems fit more than Turismo R & Jester. Its business update, not mid-engined sports update. :p
Also, the back of Alpha is so Quattroporte-ish
  • Sting4S likes this

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

The Alpha seems to be loosely based on the Cadillac Elmiraj concept:

cadillac-elmiraj-concept-photo-531696-s-

I agree though, I'm sick of all the super/hypercar crap to please all the 14 year old boys. Can we get some restrained, tasteful cars? Not that I'm surprised, V's physics were designed from the outset to cater to supercars and make regular cars drive like toys.

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

The Alpha seems to be loosely based on the Cadillac Elmiraj concept:

cadillac-elmiraj-concept-photo-531696-s-

I agree though, I'm sick of all the super/hypercar crap to please all the 14 year old boys. Can we get some restrained, tasteful cars? Not that I'm surprised, V's physics were designed from the outset to cater to supercars and make regular cars drive like toys.

Good call on that one. I was about to say it kind of has a RR Wraith look to it as well.rolls-royce-wraith-updated-inline-photo-

Although the front end is 100% a Cadillac.

• suicidehummer likes this

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by LestersSiesta, 04 March 2014 - 10:11 AM.

Grotti Turismo feels like a Cheetah with better handling to me, like it, it's cool but not worth the 500k I worked up in game via blood sweat and tears.

Do people agree that the turismo is essentially a slightly better Cheetah, loves the handling and sound of the Grotti's hate their looks.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by Tycek, 04 March 2014 - 12:56 PM.

I've checked the cars and damn I'm disappointed son. Only one good car there is Jester, but even it could be done better. Rest lacks reverse lights (both Alpha and Turismo R), badges (Alpha) and similar details. I know you can say it's nitpicking and you probably will be right, but these details were one of the things making IV so great. All this 1.8i, V-8 Turbo, 1.4 injection, variable valve timing, etc. were creating the image of real cars. Most of the cars here look like toys, due to the lack of them. 

Also, secondary color in Alpha is just lower portion of rear bumper and front badge(!). Damn I always wanted to recolor my front badge :sarcasm:

• Input and Sting4S like this

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I've checked the cars and damn I'm disappointed son. Only one good car there is Jester, but even it could be done better. Rest lacks reverse lights (both Alpha and Turismo R), badges (Alpha) and similar details. I know you can say it's nitpicking and you probably will be right, but these details were one of the things making IV so great. All this 1.8i, V-8 Turbo, 1.4 injection, variable valve timing, etc. were creating the image of real cars. Most of the cars here look like toys, due to the lack of them. 

Also, secondary color in Alpha is just lower portion of rear bumper and front badge(!). Damn I always wanted to recolor my front badge :sarcasm:

I agree with that.

You cant tell which V cars were half assed because they lack all those little small badges and such that made them feel real. The Gauntlet could have been one bad ass car, but they barely put anything on it and probably didnt even finish modeling it.

• Blingy and suicidehummer like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

The best thing is there is not much cars which are hard to differentiate from the IV vehicles. Two that comes to mind are Buccaneer and Asterope as they have these little details. Rest is unfortunately so easy to spot, which game they are coming from. Laziness, deadline or some different reason R*?

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Boring Car Fan

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

That'd be all three.

Take into account a different team working on them.

I also blame the DLC era. In the olden days, developers were more motivated into releasing complete games because they had mostly only one shot. Now, they're more relaxed because they can always add and fix stuff.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

The different team taking over the vehicles department was probably the worst idea ever, but it's quite hard to believe that people who created MCLA, can't actually model nice looking car. 

• Sting4S likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Am I the only one who likes the new cars? :p

But I do agree that we don't need anymore supercars from now on. From now on bring back the Stalllion, Willard, Esperanto, Uranus, old Blista, PMP300, Presidente, Tampa, Dukes, and try to make those spawn on the streets in stead of in your garage. But that won't happen. lol

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I must agree with you. The lack of badges on certain cars bugs the hell out of me. The Schwartzer for some reason lacks V12 badges and a front emblem. You have to buy a custom grill just to get a Benefactor emblem.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Rockstar had something good with IV but got lazy. Its as if they don't care about the little details anymore, and that just isn't Rockstar Games. It isn't.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

The only thing I don't like is that the Schwartzer is clearly based on a C63 AMG (or the E63 coupe) based on its performance, yet has a quiet 4 cylinder engine instead of sounding like the Schafter's V6/12 or a V8.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

The Schafter and Schwartzer are V12's just like the IV Schafter. What annoys me is that the IV Schafter had such an appropriate exhaust note, but some idiot at Rockstar felt the new Schafter and Schwartzer did not need it. These people almost seem like they don't know what they're doing and it is sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users