10,875 replies to this topic
MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thought I’d ask this here.

I won’t have the game for a few hours yet, and was wondering, if the sites for the car purchasing was locked away by the Social Club like the Safe House sites apparently were? If so that f***ing sucks as I won’t be able to patch that in right away, hell maybe not for a week or so, and buying rare cars was one thing I was really looking forward to. I can deal without houses for awhile, but cars was going to be a big part of the game for me.

Or can I go onto the phone in game and go to those sites, no issues like there was for Bawsaq and some reality sites? (Apparently business' are fine and dandy since they seem to partialy tied to missions)

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

If they didn't dumb down the damage it would have been easy as hell to port all the cars from IV. Look at SA, nearly every car from III and VC were in it.

I have a theory on this. It's all part of the differentiation in "feel" from Liberty to LS. Willard, Marbelle, Faction.... all boxy, older cars, Gangster cars that really fit in that NY vibe.. but don't really fill any "vibe" in LS... I do not believe we will see them added to the game :/

The Stallion, (IMO) fit in very well in IV, but does not carry the right vibe for LS. At the same time, there are vehicles like the Stratum which fit in perfectly fine in both environments and can easily be carried overe from one game to another.

This is just my opinion...

I agree that some vehicles which would fit the gritty NYC landscape better than LA. But those three you mentioned would have been fine in V. They could have at least included them in the rural areas. And remember that SA had the Willard and it blended in well. Also I just noticed that NONE of the Willard company cars made V. Maybe R* is trying to phase out that manufacturer or it could have been an error on forgetting to include them.

• TheDeaconBosco likes this

AleX AciD
  • AleX AciD

Toxicated

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Is there any evidence of passenger trains? (not tram or metro)

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by Deacon Bosco, 17 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

If they didn't dumb down the damage it would have been easy as hell to port all the cars from IV. Look at SA, nearly every car from III and VC were in it.

I have a theory on this. It's all part of the differentiation in "feel" from Liberty to LS. Willard, Marbelle, Faction.... all boxy, older cars, Gangster cars that really fit in that NY vibe.. but don't really fill any "vibe" in LS... I do not believe we will see them added to the game :/

The Stallion, (IMO) fit in very well in IV, but does not carry the right vibe for LS. At the same time, there are vehicles like the Stratum which fit in perfectly fine in both environments and can easily be carried overe from one game to another.

This is just my opinion...

I agree that some vehicles which would fit the gritty NYC landscape better than LA. But those three you mentioned would have been fine in V. They could have at least included them in the rural areas. And remember that SA had the Willard and it blended in well. Also I just noticed that NONE of the Willard company cars made V. Maybe R* is trying to phase out that manufacturer or it could have been an error on forgetting to include them.

Surprising that they didn't even attempt to create any models based on recent Buicks, they're on a recent upswing with fuel efficient models. I really don't get the some vehicles don't fit with the "LA" wibe argument... If that's the case then just make it spawn in the countryside, what's the issue here.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Precinct
  • Ireland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Anyone have any footage of the Tailgater?

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think we will be getting more cars over time via DLC and such.. a few cars were removed and some aren't even on Rockstars page that we know exist. For example the Khamelion is not listed in the 257.

danik18
  • danik18

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

The wayfarer is a returning motorcycle.It was featured in GTA SA.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

It's not "returning" because it's a new model. And it's not even called the Wayfarer in the game, it's the Bagger.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

So that Esperanto seen in the first mission is just for the prologue right? How hard would it really have been for them to put it in LS freeroam.

• suicidehummer likes this

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by Cysiek, 17 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Looking for the final update  :breadfish:

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

IM CRYING FOR FOOTAGE WITH THE ZIRCONIUM JOURNEY.

The brown RV.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

It's not "returning" because it's a new model. And it's not even called the Wayfarer in the game, it's the Bagger.

You gotta be kidding.

The Bagger? Sounds like it should be the new faggio or something.. That sucks so bad.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Some random footage I found of different vehicles

Maibatsu Mule:

JoBuilt Phantom:

Bus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrqqNcITDLQ

Park Ranger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdV9watG154

Vapid Sadler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zaSgAySZyA

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Some random footage I found of different vehicles

Maibatsu Mule:

JoBuilt Phantom:

Bus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrqqNcITDLQ

Park Ranger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdV9watG154

Vapid Sadler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zaSgAySZyA

Horrible physics... the truck takes off and turns like it's made of paper.

A2002
  • A2002

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well, R* screwed up on cars this time.. .in IV it was fair, they made so many old cars go with it while still creating new ones.

V is made of new cars, and the old ones are shown no respect! the only returning cars are Pony and Rumpo, Stallion hasn't been seen, Hakumai hasn't, Uranus just a un-driveable wreck, and Blista Compact murdered and looks now like every other car when it was the oldest un-changed car around!

Thank you R* I "love" those stupid new cars. Many are nice but the old cars MUST be with ... else it's not fun. Also I saw a OLD version of the Cavalcade ... IV ofc and a new one... same name, new & old and new & old look... why DIDN'T they do it with the older cars too?!?!?! :'(

XxLakersElitexX
  • XxLakersElitexX

Dedicated Fan

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well, R* screwed up on cars this time.. .in IV it was fair, they made so many old cars go with it while still creating new ones.

V is made of new cars, and the old ones are shown no respect! the only returning cars are Pony and Rumpo, Stallion hasn't been seen, Hakumai hasn't, Uranus just a un-driveable wreck, and Blista Compact murdered and looks now like every other car when it was the oldest un-changed car around!

Thank you R* I "love" those stupid new cars. Many are nice but the old cars MUST be with ... else it's not fun. Also I saw a OLD version of the Cavalcade ... IV ofc and a new one... same name, new & old and new & old look... why DIDN'T they do it with the older cars too?!?!?! :'(

Your sig is very ironic...
On another note, i agree with this. Not that anyone cares.

A2002
  • A2002

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

It isn't ironic, it WAS true... sorry bro. It used to be right but I must change it now cause it's not true anymore.

JorgePinto
  • JorgePinto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm afraid it's really the end of the line for the Uranus:

vphkja.jpg

rex84
  • rex84

Lost Breed MC

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by rex84, 17 September 2013 - 08:42 PM.

You gotta be kidding.

The Bagger? Sounds like it should be the new faggio or something.. That sucks so bad.

"Baggers" are what that style of bike is called in real life; baggers are Harleys with hard saddle bags.  

bagger1.jpg

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

vphkja.jpg

:monocle:

Are there any other wrecked cars?

JorgePinto
  • JorgePinto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

vphkja.jpg

I'm looking for them, but as of now, i've only found the Uranus.

AichiVal
  • AichiVal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

What about the "Hunter"? We can see it in TV's shows, but didn't see it in Fort Zacundo. And i found a Buzzard unarmed on a police central's roof. 

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've seen many new cars that aren't in this list. I haven't been at the countryside but I'm waiting to use the Phoenix.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

vphkja.jpg

:O Oh the horror!!!

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by Deacon Bosco, 17 September 2013 - 10:41 PM.

477.jpg

477.jpg

"You maniacs! You blew it up! Goddamn you! Goddamn you all to hell!"  :cry:

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I can't see the pic(blocked cause of hotlinking I think) but I believe this is what you posted.

o8rxZw1.jpg

WHT2hJs.jpg

Damn, that's f*cking sad...

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

vphkja.jpg

I'm looking for them, but as of now, i've only found the Uranus.

I have seen some Blista Compacts around also.

Wug
  • Wug

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

kFlEnRd.pngTruck version of Securicar?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

So, I suppose we can't enter the 737?

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

So do they really think it's funny that the cars we wanted to return are returning but as scrap models? f*cking Rockstar, that's not even funny it's annoying. :/

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users