11,292 replies to this topic
gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

user posted image
I think that now that we've seen the rear (thank god for that), we can conclude that it looks nothing like a Fisker. Listing both the Fisker and the GranTurismo makes no sense, since either of them should be an inspiration for the shape. Seeing the Granturismo has similar shape, and ALSO has a similar rear (rear light, and silver bar), it clearly beats the Fisker. I understand the Karma Khameleon reference though, but that's a name inspiration, not a design one. So the conclusion is that the picture of the rear has resulted in a clear victory for my original defense of it being GranTurismo inspired tounge.gif .

If I look at the rear, the only cars that have 'hips' that are even remotely like that are Aston Martin's, but apart from that they don't have anything in common with it, so I don't think it's substantial enough. I'd like to point out that just like the headlight, the tail light is also clearly BMW inspirated. I can't find a BMW headlight with the same shape (it's GranTurismo shaped), but it looks undeniably BMW. The carbon roof is also very BMW M6 like.
user posted image

It would be cool if someone found a car with the same exhaust.

thisnutritiondiet
  • thisnutritiondiet

Rocket-powered Turbo Sloth

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:48)
As always when I start pondering over these sorts of things, I compiled my thoughts, and some of yours, into an image:

user posted image

I think the "Khamelion" or Unamed Sports car 5 is slightly modified because looking at other photos, such as this :
user posted image
looking at the rear I don't see anything sticking out from the bottom of the rear bumper. I could be wrong, I probably don't have as good as eyes as you.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Sezii @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:34)
QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:16)
Here's my question: How is it that R* designs better looking cars than some real carmakers these days? I'm looking at you Honda and Toyota.

It's easier to creat a car in a game, than in real life.
The creator/designer have to follow the rules of the countries over the world.

For example in Europe, there are rules which no one can understand. For example: The high of the backlights/headlights, the distance between the lights from left to the right side, how have to pu the 3. brake-lights and what ever.

There is a book with almost 300 sites, who stay what you have to follow, that you can realese the car on the market wink.gif

It's not easy to creat a car wink.gif

Yes, there are certain standards to be met, but they have very little influence on the car's exterior design. The biggest one is the pedestrian safety standards that require a certain amount of room between the hood and the top of the engine. This raises the beltline, which you'll notice on new cars. Unfortunately, it also impairs visibility along with the sloping rooflines of new cars.

Anyway, my point is they have little bearing on whether a car looks good or not because all new cars meet them and there are plenty of good looking new cars.

As always when I start pondering over these sorts of things, I compiled my thoughts, and some of yours, into an image:

user posted image

I think this manufacturer is a Fisker/Tesla parody because the back of US4 looks like a Model S and could be electric despite the tailpipe.

user posted image

I think the Maserati influence in both is purely coincidental since Ocelot is confirmed to return.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:06)
QUOTE (GTAfan1999 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:05)
Pretty sure the Audi RS6 is called the 7F.

Because it says so on the Wiki, or because you have some sort of proof? smile.gif

The article even says unofficially named

Laxain
  • Laxain

So anyway, back to me.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 12:45)

The Lexus IS-F is the only car I know that has those stacked tail pipes:

user posted image

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:46)
Here's my question: How is it that R* designs better looking cars than some real carmakers these days? I'm looking at you Honda and Toyota.

I disagree completely. Most of the time, the cars in the GTA series are completely disproportionate, and this is something I noticed in GTA IV more so than in the past games. Case in point, the GTA IV Intruder, which looks like a modern car at the front, but something from the 90's from the back-end. The other car that is guilty of this is the DF8-90 thing (or whatever it's name was). The profiles are completely wrong. The only cars that look good are the ones that are almost exact-replicas of real-life cars. In addition, most cars completely ignore the dash to axle ratio rule that is ascribed to FR and FF cars in real-life. Case in point, the Premier is rear-wheel-drive, with the engine in the front, but the gap between the front doors and the wheel arch is so small that you'd think it was a front-wheel-drive car. You don't see this in real life, as most (if not all) FR cars have longitudinal engines and a significant gap between the wheel arch and the front doors.

Thirdly, I don't think Rockstar has much of a clue about how to detail their cars. It's mostly the grilles that are the culprits. Take a look at the F620. What is that hideous bar in the grille that makes it look buck toothed? The Surano in GTA V has a pointless metallic bar in the grille that looks out of place. They could have had the Benefactor logo on it. The "Khamelion" does as well.

I have a feeling I'm about to get flamed (if this place is anything like I remember it).

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Laxain @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 07:08)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 12:45)

The Lexus IS-F is the only car I know that has those stacked tail pipes:

user posted image

Yeah there isn't really anything that has rectangular and stacked exhausts. "Khamelion's" exhausts are a combination of IS-F and Merc's C63/SLS Black Series.

user posted image

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Those stacked pipes on the Khamelion are probably vents for the drive motors. Even as a hybrid the engine exhausts would be hidden elsewhere.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 10:54)

I disagree completely. Most of the time, the cars in the GTA series are completely disproportionate, and this is something I noticed in GTA IV more so than in the past games. Case in point, the GTA IV Intruder, which looks like a modern car at the front, but something from the 90's from the back-end. The other car that is guilty of this is the DF8-90 thing (or whatever it's name was). The profiles are completely wrong. The only cars that look good are the ones that are almost exact-replicas of real-life cars. In addition, most cars completely ignore the dash to axle ratio rule that is ascribed to FR and FF cars in real-life. Case in point, the Premier is rear-wheel-drive, with the engine in the front, but the gap between the front doors and the wheel arch is so small that you'd think it was a front-wheel-drive car. You don't see this in real life, as most (if not all) FR cars have longitudinal engines and a significant gap between the wheel arch and the front doors.

Thirdly, I don't think Rockstar has much of a clue about how to detail their cars. It's mostly the grilles that are the culprits. Take a look at the F620. What is that hideous bar in the grille that makes it look buck toothed? The Surano in GTA V has a pointless metallic bar in the grille that looks out of place. They could have had the Benefactor logo on it. The "Khamelion" does as well.

I have a feeling I'm about to get flamed (if this place is anything like I remember it).

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend. You can't ascribe rules to it.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Azazel, didn't you miss to change the number of vehicles in the counter after your last update?

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Deceitful-Fox @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 21:14)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend. You can't ascribe rules to it.

Not forcing my opinion on anyone. I'm merely pointing out some of my peeves with the vehicles in GTA.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 18:04)
Azazel, didn't you miss to change the number of vehicles in the counter after your last update?

Just haven't gotten around to it yet. All the images have now been re-hosted, though. I set up a dedicated web hotel, so browsing the main post should now be hassle free. smile.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 05:27)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:06)
QUOTE (GTAfan1999 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:05)
Pretty sure the Audi RS6 is called the 7F.

Because it says so on the Wiki, or because you have some sort of proof? smile.gif

The article even says that I have made it the biggest speculation ever

Fixed it for you smile.gif

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:48)

user posted image

I was thinking a while about it and what if the exhaust tips are part of vehicle customization? The logo and the font matches perfectly and I see no reason why exhaust would not be a decoration.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 10:54)

As someone who wanted to be a car designer (before I changed major), I get what you're saying. But I don't expect video game designers to be entirely accurate. My point was that they come up with some nice looking and relatively original designs that as a whole, look better than half of the sh*t being made these days. There are a few recent trends that really bother me, particularly when they keep adding creases and kinks that serve no visual purpose and as a result it just looks overwrought and crowded. This is what I mean:

user posted image
user posted image

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:45)
The carbon roof is also very BMW M6 like.

Could be just a see-through panorama roof.

user posted image

Or if it is indeed an electric/hybrid car it could be some kind of solar panel.

user posted image

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (The Unknown Man @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:58)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:45)
The carbon roof is also very BMW M6 like.

Could be just a see-through panorama roof.

Or if it is indeed an electric/hybrid car it could be some kind of solar panel.

It looks too dark to me to be a panorama roof. And a solar panel would be an essential part of the car, and seeing as the roof is not black on other pictures of the car and thus not a standard part of the car, I don't see how it could be a solar paneled roof. I think it's likely customized and that the possibility to give it this roof might be an M6 reference given the rear light and headlight BMW resemblance. Or maybe you can customize solar paneled roofs onto cars. Could be.

MichaelTn21
  • MichaelTn21

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by MichaelTn21, 14 June 2013 - 01:12 AM.

An alternate view of the Buzzard.

This is from a legit source. It is in the Max Payne Box.

user posted image

James K
  • James K

Motorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

Azazel, why don't you change unnamed sports car 5 into the Khamelion? confused.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (James K @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 07:33)
Azazel, why don't you change unnamed sports car 5 into the Khamelion? confused.gif

Because I don't jump to conclusions. Read page 189.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Just wanted to say, thanks for this thread!

It's cool that we have 150+ vehicles already. I hope they have only shown us about half of the total amount, but who knows ;-)

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by GrandTheftAutoV., 15 June 2013 - 07:32 PM.

I have one contact who works at Rockstar Games (Exactly what you read) and he said who he asked for the devs and he said this car is the Khamelion, also i hope who this car is Khamelion in both versions: Normal, that who Michael is driving (singleplayer). And eletric (multiplayer) just notice who eletric cars doesn't has exhausts and this has!!!

MichaelTn21
  • MichaelTn21

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

What if the Chamelion has two version. One of them with a gas engine, the other an electric motor. Just like so many cars nowadays for example we have the Audi R8 V8, V10 which use gas and there is the eTron which is electric.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (MichaelTn21 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:07)

user posted image

Why have we not seen that screen a long time ago then?

The mountains at the edge of the screen don't seem to have any more behind them, so the land must end somewhere back there.

MichaelTn21
  • MichaelTn21

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:41)
QUOTE (MichaelTn21 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:07)

user posted image

Why have we not seen that screen a long time ago then?

The mountains at the edge of the screen don't seem to have any more behind them, so the land must end somewhere back there.

It is new. My guess woulb be they started doing this not so long ago.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAutoV. @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 21:36)
[QUOTE=BlackandWhite23,Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:52] user posted image Khamelion Aka dat black car in da pic with michael driving now we see da back [/QUOTE]
Also, the Khamelion isn't exclusive of multiplayer? I hope the name of this car is different, i'll take another look and see it[/quote]
His name is Chamelion with "C" not "K" maybe the Chamelion is of singleplayer and Khamelion of multiplayer? It doesn't looks a eletric car!

Positive this car is not the Khamelion being referred in the CE add-on bonus even though it's almost spelled the same way you can clearly see a "C" when R* spelled it with a "K" we haven't seen the real Khamelion yet

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

I take it the Willard/Hakumai hasn't been seen still? cryani.gif

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

I have one contact who works at Rockstar Games (Exactly what you read) and he said who he asked for the devs and he said this car is the Khamelion, also i hope who this car is Khamelion in both versions: Normal, that who Michael is driving (singleplayer). And eletric (multiplayer) just notice who eletric cars doesn't has exhausts and this has!!!

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAutoV. @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 21:39)

I read this the first time you posted it, but I can't really take anything that begins with "I have a contact at Rockstar..." seriously.

I've been kind of tied up lately. Hopefully I'll get around to adding some more content to the main post in the coming days. smile.gif

GrandTheftAutoV.
  • GrandTheftAutoV.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:46)

I read this the first time you posted it, but I can't really take anything that begins with "I have a contact at Rockstar..." seriously.

I've been kind of tied up lately. Hopefully I'll get around to adding some more content to the main post in the coming days. smile.gif

I has* one friend who works at Rockstar, now it's fine : ) He also said who 360 version will have 2 DVDs with one bigger capacity than the actual DVD of 360 games.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAutoV. @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:12)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:46)

I has* one friend who works at Rockstar, now it's fine : ) He also said who 360 version will have 2 DVDs with one bigger capacity than the actual DVD of 360 games.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... and I found a winning lottery ticket in a milk bottle floating in the sea.. sarcasm.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users