GTA V Vehicle Database

11,358 replies to this topic
FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 13 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Monday, May 13 2013, 13:52)
QUOTE (Capricornus @ Monday, May 13 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:55)
QUOTE (Capricornus @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:43)
Superb topic. Forgive me if it has been mentioned, as I am too lazy to look through all of these pages outside of the OP. I think we have a Fisker Karma in the game:

Then again I could be way off.

Go check out the car in the OP that is listed as an M6 and Maserati GranTurismo and come back if you still feel that it is a Karma. This car has been discussed a 1000 times now and we concluded that it is not a Karma. To me it looks like a pretty original design, so it's a tough one, which is why people just keep bringing it up..

1000 times? I am glad to see that you kept count. If I had knowledge of the fact that it was discussed so much, I would not have brought it up. I did indicate that I am not reading through these pages. If you all discussed it so much, you could have at lease provided a link to where it initiated. Its not even that big of a deal. Like I said, it looks like a Fisker Karma, and I also said that I could be way off. I guess it is what it is because you all "concluded" it. Oh well, the car still looks very sexy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Well, it's been discussed very very much. Firstly, because that screen of it in red came out really early. Secondly because it is really tough one to call. Thirdly because it is a cool car.
I think you misunderstood my post as in interpreting me like I was annoyed with you with bringing it up again, but really I was just updating you on matters of fact.

Let's reconsider the Fisker Sunset comparison. I don't think the XKR is substantial enough as a comparison car. And I don't see how a random concept car could have influenced R*. And people shouldn't use the red screenshot anymore, because the angle is not comparison friendly.

Here are all the relevant comparison pics..
[IMG]http://upload.wikime...sker_Sunset.jpg
[IMG]http://media.gtanet..../michael-gi.jpg
[IMG]http://static.cargur...5880575831.jpeg
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot...mw-m6-coupe.jpg

I think the grill is SLS inspired. It is inspired on a lot of things it seems. Now lets wait for a pic of the rear... (btw "there already is a GranTurismo inspired car" is a stupid argument)

I could see Masarati, although I see the Karma more, but where does the BMW fit??? I just don't see it.

Also, you could use the Karma instead of the Karma sunset in the "relevant" shot. LOL! The reason i reference the Sunset is it being a coupe... However, the 2008 Fisker Latigo fits too, it would be an inspiration from 2 cars from the same manufacturer.

Edit: Easier on the eyes color user posted image

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Monday, May 13 2013, 11:09)
QUOTE (woozie92 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 15:52)
Is it confirmed that the Maverick is a new model? It doesnt make sense to change the model, since its the same universe and not so many years passed. I hope the old Maverick is still in the game.

By the fact we haven't seen it since Trailer #1 it's safe to say that they replaced it. The old one was likely a placeholder.
But I hope we still see the old one as a civilian model.

It makes sense, thank you.

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:55)
Have they also seen the preview?

It looks like they gathered info from other sources. So in that case, I wonder where they saw it mentioned, or if they just inferred it from the other info given on customization.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

This red car...

user posted image
user posted image

Anyone know the name of it? Thanks in advance.

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, May 13 2013, 22:32)
This red car...

user posted image
user posted image

Imponte Ruiner

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, May 13 2013, 20:32)
This red car...

user posted image
user posted image

It's Number #33 on the returning vehicles' list. It's the Ruiner.

Gematria
  • Gematria

Don't Trust Anyone

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Dude the car is not a Sallen s7

Look The photo

http://just.razzi.me...945/a88048f.jpg

That saleen s7 have a other rear

I Have hope to see that car and the lambo Miura in one new screenshot

Laxain
  • Laxain

So anyway, back to me.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (HVG @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 08:18)
Dude the car is not a Sallen s7

Look The photo

http://just.razzi.me...945/a88048f.jpg

That saleen s7 have a other rear

I Have hope to see that car and the lambo Miura in one new screenshot

Thats why I specifically pointed out the Midnight Club LA car, because it is so different to a stock S7. icon14.gif

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Monday, May 13 2013, 17:52)
QUOTE (Capricornus @ Monday, May 13 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:55)
QUOTE (Capricornus @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:43)
Superb topic. Forgive me if it has been mentioned, as I am too lazy to look through all of these pages outside of the OP. I think we have a Fisker Karma in the game:

Then again I could be way off.

Go check out the car in the OP that is listed as an M6 and Maserati GranTurismo and come back if you still feel that it is a Karma. This car has been discussed a 1000 times now and we concluded that it is not a Karma. To me it looks like a pretty original design, so it's a tough one, which is why people just keep bringing it up..

1000 times? I am glad to see that you kept count. If I had knowledge of the fact that it was discussed so much, I would not have brought it up. I did indicate that I am not reading through these pages. If you all discussed it so much, you could have at lease provided a link to where it initiated. Its not even that big of a deal. Like I said, it looks like a Fisker Karma, and I also said that I could be way off. I guess it is what it is because you all "concluded" it. Oh well, the car still looks very sexy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Well, it's been discussed very very much. Firstly, because that screen of it in red came out really early. Secondly because it is really tough one to call. Thirdly because it is a cool car.
I think you misunderstood my post as in interpreting me like I was annoyed with you with bringing it up again, but really I was just updating you on matters of fact.

Let's reconsider the Fisker Sunset comparison. I don't think the XKR is substantial enough as a comparison car. And I don't see how a random concept car could have influenced R*. And people shouldn't use the red screenshot anymore, because the angle is not comparison friendly.

Here are all the relevant comparison pics..
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I think the grill is SLS inspired. It is inspired on a lot of things it seems. Now lets wait for a pic of the rear... (btw "there already is a GranTurismo inspired car" is a stupid argument)

Where in the world is the BMW in there? Some Maserati is in the front, but that's all. That's like saying Unnamed Convertible 1 is a Ford Thunderbird.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Ragref @ Monday, May 13 2013, 21:30)
Where in the world is the BMW in there? Some Maserati is in the front, but that's all. That's like saying Unnamed Convertible 1 is a Ford Thunderbird.

This so much.

I don't see it at all. The Fisker is a much better match IMO.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes, I am definitely not seeing a BMW nowhere in the design. If anything it could be the headlights of the BMW, even then, that is still very far off from the design. I can kind of see the Maserati but I too see the Fisker the most. I would not have concluded that one just yet.

Also, anyone else think that Unnamed Sedan 6 in the OP could also pass for a Chevy Volt, as opposed to the Passat?

user posted image

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Monday, May 13 2013, 22:50)
Yes, I am definitely not seeing a BMW nowhere in the design. If anything it could be the headlights of the BMW, even then, that is still very far off from the design. I can kind of see the Maserati but I too see the Fisker the most. I would not have concluded that one just yet.

Also, anyone else think that Unnamed Sedan 6 in the OP could also pass for a Chevy Volt, as opposed to the Passat?

user posted image

This has been explained before.

"Why would R* put 2 electric cars in their game?"

Though, having more electric cars would be nice.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Why would they put in two electric cars? I don't know, probably for a bit of variety? Why put two convertibles in the game? I would not call such a simple question an explanation man, unless I am seriously missing something. What's supposed to be the other electric car? I was simply asking if anyone thought it looked more like the Volt than the Passat....

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Monday, May 13 2013, 18:24)
I was simply asking if anyone thought it looked more like the Volt than the Passat....

I to, see more volt then passat in it. Mind you the grill is off the passat, but the head lights and the shape seem to be volt.
user posted image

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Ragref @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:20)

This has been explained before.

"Why would R* put 2 electric cars in their game?"

Though, having more electric cars would be nice.

Get rid of that toyota piece of crap and put in a chevy. volt > prius

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by suicidehummer, 14 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Monday, May 13 2013, 12:10)
QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 00:47)
Sorry but it baffles me how anyone sees a little bit of M6 in that grand tourer. It's clearly just a Fisker knockoff with a few edits.

Agreed 100%. I dont even know what to say as to how dumb that theory is.

@gtaxpert You gave me a link to JoeM saying it how it looks like the Maserati and another talking about the Lotus (why did you give me a link to this?) as if I would agree with some one just because they posted a picture and no evidence as to why it looks like said car... and no offense to Azazel, but why in the hell did you change it from the Fisker Karma!?

Here is a comparison I made way back in Jan. when someone tried to argue it being a Jag and Exagon. I also threw the Fisker Latigo in those pics for the grille.

In regards to the XKR and Exagon vs the Fisker
Fisker <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Jag
user posted image
user posted image

Actually, the headlights even look like the Fiskers' just flipped upside down. Never noticed that. I think anyone arguing it's not a Fisker is blind.

Edit: I've been saying unnamed sedan #6 was based on the Volt all along. Finally somebody agrees. The chrome grille is definitely a nod to the Passat though. Can't wait to see the back 'cuz it would be cool to have a Volt in the game.

Also, the van in Trevor's newest artwork is a dead on Econoline. I wonder if it's actually in the game.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

@azazel where is emergency vehicles sectiom? tounge.gif

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

If anything it could be the headlights of the BMW

Yes, exactly.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 10:00)
@azazel where is emergency vehicles sectiom? tounge.gif

Still trying to figure out how to do it properly. Currently I'm sort of leaning towards not bothering at all, as it seems like a lot of hassle with next to no upside. I'll try working something out.

Gematria
  • Gematria

Don't Trust Anyone

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hey Azazel the lspd bufallo need go to returning vehicles list?

The bufallo facelift is not a new car just a bufallo with a other bodhy part I GUESS

Is a crazy thing a 2gen of bufallo

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 08:06)

Yes, exactly.

So... thats the only thing that the M6 has in common with the car? How does that qualify it being based on that?

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 16:56)

Yes, exactly.

So... thats the only thing that the M6 has in common with the car? How does that qualify it being based on that?

Well, what does it have in common with the Fisker except the shape under the side window (vaguely, not even perfectly)? The hood is very GranTurismo'ish, the headlights are M6'ish, the front grill is SLS, and that freaky shape it has under the side window looks kinda Fiskery. These are all small similarities, which is why the car is hard to pinpoint towards one inspiration.

I think they took a GranTurismo, put M6 headlights on it and tried putting an SLS like grill on it, then changed al the shapes a bit to make the design makes sense. The combined result makes a vague Fisker resemblance, but it has no significant detail in common with the Fisker that makes it reasonable to say it was inspired on it.

I know this design proces I just made up is just a hypothesis, and I could very well be wrong about it.

Lol, I'm writing an essay on an ingame car. And we haven't even seen the rear yet.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:48 PM Edited by Ragref, 14 May 2013 - 09:18 PM.

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 18:37)
QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 16:56)

Yes, exactly.

Well, what does it have in common with the Fisker except the shape under the side window (vaguely, not even perfectly)? The hood is very GranTurismo'ish, the headlights are M6'ish, the front grill is SLS, and that freaky shape it has under the side window looks kinda Fiskery. These are all small similarities, which is why the car is hard to pinpoint towards one inspiration.

I think they took a GranTurismo, put M6 headlights on it and tried putting an SLS like grill on it, then changed al the shapes a bit to make the design makes sense. The combined result makes a vague Fisker resemblance, but it has no significant detail in common with the Fisker that makes it reasonable to say it was inspired on it.

I know this design proces I just made up is just a hypothesis, and I could very well be wrong about it.

Lol, I'm writing an essay on an ingame car. And we haven't even seen the rear yet.

You are the 1%. Pretty much sums up this argument.

Plus, the grill is based off the Fisker. But the chrome in the middle is an SLS.
user posted image

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Ragref @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 20:48)

Plus, the grill is based off the Fisker. But the chrome in the middle is an SLS.

You are drawing shapes on that Fisker grill that aren't even in that car.. You can imagine it being taken from that car but it looks nothing like it.

And I'm not the 1 percent. Many agreed that it looks like a Maserati, and many agreed that the headlights look like those on an M6. So what you are saying is not only an ad populum fallacy but also factually incorrect.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 21:27)
QUOTE (Ragref @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 20:48)

You are drawing shapes on that Fisker grill that aren't even in that car.. You can imagine it being taken from that car but it looks nothing like it.

Ever heard of the Fisker Latigo?
user posted image

And I'm not the 1 percent. Many agreed that it looks like a Maserati, and many agreed that the headlights look like those on an M6.

Many? 3 or 4 isn't many out of the 3,293 people who contributed to the thread. Many is the amount of people who thinks IT IS A FISKER.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

And I'm not the 1 percent. Many agreed that it looks like a Maserati, and many agreed that the headlights look like those on an M6. So what you are saying is not only an ad populum fallacy but also factually incorrect.

I feel like not enough attention is paid to the body lines or just the overall look of the car. So the headlights look sorta like they're from an M6(I'm assuming internally?), but is that really enough for it to be listed? Unless they're exact, why is that enough? R* will almost make an exact replica of a real life car and just simply change the lights, because the lights rarely make the car.

What you're talking isn't even an M6 style headlight, but more of a BMW in general style headlight. Either way, it's not exact enough and shares nothing else with that car. And there's really no point in saying it looks like a Maserati but not a Fisker, because everybody knows a Fisker looks like a Maserati.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 23:47)
I feel like not enough attention is paid to the body lines or just the overall look of the car.

That's exactly how I feel. I know I listed the M6 merely because the headlights were similar, but I still think it's a bit more accurate than the Fisker Sunset.

I see that a lot of you keep brining up the Karma - it was never listed as one, and doesn't look even remotely like one. The only reason the Sunset was ever listed, was due to the similar front wheel arches and the shaping of the side/rear wheel arches. I also doubt that Rockstar's vehicle designer needed to draw inspiration from an SLS, to put that vertical chrome bar across the grille.

But yeah, we haven't seen the rear of the car yet. Usually the cars are a good mix up of two models, and with this car in particular, we really need to get a good look at the rear to determine anything definitive.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

May have been found already but the parked car in the background appears to be the convertable variant of the "Unknown-Shooting Brake" car (based from the Bentley Continental GT).
user posted image

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 14 May 2013 - 10:35 PM.

QUOTE (Ragref @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 21:45)
Ever heard of the Fisker Latigo?

Yes I have. I referenced you drawing lines in the grill of the Fisker Latigo. I don't think those lines are in that grill itself. You can draw them in there, but I can also draw the car we are talking about on the side of a Hummer H2, but that doesn't make the car we're talking about look like a Hummer H2..

I don't think anything about it looks like the Latigo. But whatever, let's wait what the rear looks like and then do this discussion again.

What you're talking isn't even an M6 style headlight, but more of a BMW in general style headlight.

I agree. But the M6 is the most similar BMW headlight I could find. azazel originally listed the Z4.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 22:04)
QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 23:47)
I feel like not enough attention is paid to the body lines or just the overall look of the car.

That's exactly how I feel. I know I listed the M6 merely because the headlights were similar, but I still think it's a bit more accurate than the Fisker Sunset.

I see that a lot of you keep brining up the Karma - it was never listed as one, and doesn't look even remotely like one. The only reason the Sunset was ever listed, was due to the similar front wheel arches and the shaping of the side/rear wheel arches. I also doubt that Rockstar's vehicle designer needed to draw inspiration from an SLS, to put that vertical chrome bar across the grille.

But yeah, we haven't seen the rear of the car yet. Usually the cars are a good mix up of two models, and with this car in particular, we really need to get a good look at the rear to determine anything definitive.

Fair enough. I agree about the need to get a good look at the rear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users