Photo

GTA V Vehicle Database

11,293 replies to this topic
Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 23:00)
QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Friday, May 10 2013, 00:56)
QUOTE (philley @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 20:32)
I think this one

is somehow based on the new Ferrari Berlinetta:

What do you think?

OK, so can you please tell me what the similarities are?

Without quoting those same three images for the sixth time this page, please.

The only times you ever quote me, is when you complain, do you have a problem with me or something?

you do see that the guy that quoted above me did it just a minute before me?, jeez

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (CaptainCapri @ Friday, May 10 2013, 13:02)
QUOTE (Smaaske @ Friday, May 10 2013, 12:57)
I'm still waiting the "Oceanic" to be released, it was my favorite car in VC and can't wait to see the Journey.

The Oceanic wss the most Iconic car from VC imo, I would love to see it return!

Would be nice to see the Hermes return too.

If the Oceanic won't be in the game, then we have the Glendale anyways, it look much like the Oceanic. I liked the Hermes from VC with those flames. One appeared first time when you met Ricardo Diaz.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by Azazel, 10 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Friday, May 10 2013, 15:25)
The only times you ever quote me, is when you complain, do you have a problem with me or something?

you do see that the guy that quoted above me did it just a minute before me?, jeez

Obviously, the reminder was mainly pointed at the guy who I expected would be quoting your post again, without editing the images out. But yes, it was also directed at you, and the other chaps who can't spare the one second it takes editing the post they're quoting. smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't know If I am posting this in the right section, or it deserves it own topic. But I was just reading about the impressive car fleet from Dubai (http://www.motoringm...lice-supercars/) Wouldn't it make car chases and presumely chases after you done a heist more fun if a Police 9F/Super Sport was on your tail?

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Friday, May 10 2013, 13:25)

Leave Azazel alone! And stop quoting those goddamn pictures it's freaking annoying!

Steinreicher
  • Steinreicher

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Kifflom brothers and sisters! smile.gif
That's me again...
While you're trying to identify the vehicles appearing in the new previews, I'm still trying to find out whether the yacht from Michael's trailer and screenshot #781 is driveable or not.
Last Sunday I did an analysis about this watercraft (in case you missed it and are interested in reading it) proving the fact that this boat is a converted model from Max Payne 3.
I did a small research on yachts' equipment, and found out that some luxury yachts can hold a mini-submarine on their lower deck. So I thought that the GTA V yacht could carry the yellow mini-submarine indeed.
But I recently changed my opinion as I found a screenshot from Max Payne 3 which shows the area (located just under jacuzzi) on the lower deck C. And I started to look for some videos which could tell us more about this area or about the yacht itself. I found two videos with the yacht footage on YouTube. Both videos (part 1 & part 2) show the walkthrough of a MP3 mission from the chapter XI which takes place on this yacht.
The video #2 shows that the area on the lower deck contains 3 jetskis and some diving equipment (including scuba gear).
Here are the videos:

Part 1

Part 2

Enjoy the footage of the yacht's interior and exterior. wink.gif
In case you don't want to watch the whole mission walkthrough, you can find the room with jetskis and scuba equipment in part 2 at 00:53.
Also, in part 2 you can see the jacuzzi area from GTA V trailer about Michael (where Tracy is standing) at 01:34.
For those who don't want to watch these videos, here are some images I took with MPC which depict the area I'm talking about:

user posted image
Here we can see 3 jetskis and scuba equipment. The engine room is just behind us. The doors leading to the deck are closed.

user posted image
Here we see some diving equipment and a jetski.

user posted image
2 other jetskis, scuba gear, and some diving equipment again. On the right side you can see the opened doors to the engine room.

user posted image
Diving equipment (on the left) and scuba gear (on the right). The doors are still closed.

user posted image
Some scuba gear, and the doors are going to open.

user posted image
Scuba equipment and 2 jetskis. The doors to the engine room are closed.

user posted image
The doors to the deck are opened.

According to these walkthrough videos, the yacht features 4 (or to be exactly 5) decks:
- Upper Deck (with a bridge, a wheelhouse, a navigation room and radar equipment on the rooftop, a small bar with a barbecue stand, and a helipad),
- Sunny Deck 'A' (with a big bar at the bow, a conference room * in the middle of the deck, and a small concert room at the stern),
- Middle Deck 'B' (with 1 bedroom and a shower and a bath * , 1 bedroom with a shower, and an office at the bow, a bedroom with a shower in the middle part of the deck, a conference room * with a bar, a gym and a jacuzzi at the stern),
- Lower Deck 'C' (with 6 private cabins at the bow of vessel, a dining room and a galley with a fridge, a system control room in the middle part, and a room with 2 showers, diving equipment, and 3 jetskis just at the stern) * ,
- Orlop Deck (with engine room) accessible through C deck * .
* - both conference rooms on decks A and B are connected by a circular staircase (in "Painful Memories" DLC, but not in chapter XI of the main game).
* - not accessible in "Painful Memories" DLC.
I wonder if all these rooms and cabins are accessible in GTA V's version of the yacht.

Here are 2 other images from another video (found on YouTube, too) depicting

user posted image
the helipad on the Upper Deck

user posted image
and the jacuzzi area on B Deck (where Tracy is standing in Michael's trailer).

There are two more facts about GTA V which make me believe that this vessel is moveable.
We all know that the upcoming game features very realistic weather effects. And we know there are real storms in the game's world according to screenshot #751.
Now imagine what could happen to the yacht once such a big storm approaches. In this case the yacht should roll from side to side despite the fact that it's a really huge object.
Also, here is a quote from the CVG preview describing the behavior of watercrafts in case of a friendly weather:
"Even with clear skies and calm seas, the waves buffet the boat, its rubber hull thumping against successive waves as it - and the boats and jetskis out on the water around it ... - really starts to get choppy. The thought of high winds and thunderstorms, and how they might change the dynamics altogether, and ramp up the difficulty, are an exciting (and, we'll admit, slightly terrifying) thought."
So I really doubt that the yacht will be standing there without any moving like a rock or like the Frickie's yacht from TBoGT, because it would be quite unrealistic for a game like GTA V.
And in case of a storm, the yachts should be kept in a marina and not taken to the sea. wink.gif

The second fact:
If the yacht is a map object, it should also be visible through the support beams of Pleasure Pier on screenshot #071. But the yacht is not there. Of course, Rockstar could add the yacht later. But for what purpose? For a mission (just like in TBoGT)? - I doubt it, because we've already had a mission with a yacht.

By the way, this yacht is a big luxury and does really fit into the Michael's lifestyle. It probably costs hundreds of millions of dollars! And it's bigger than van Hardenburg's yacht and is even more detailed.

I hope that soon or late we'll get a screenshot (or a trailer) depicting another position of the yacht and proving that it's a moveable vehicle.

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by DjDark, 10 May 2013 - 02:41 PM.

[QUOTE=Azazel,Friday, May 10 2013, 09:36] [QUOTE=CrisFormageKIFFLOM,Friday, May 10 2013, 10:56]

[QUOTE=DjDark]You were saying?

[QUOTE]The Sultan RS is a high-performance two-door coupe variant of the Sultan, itself based on the First Generation 2001-2005 Lexus IS300,
Shared badging on the Sultan and Sultan RS.
Added by Ultorultor
with minor influences from a range of'00s Subarus, although the Lexus has never had a two-door coupe configuration, their influence remains obvious in the RS. The front and the complete shape of the car closely resemble that of a 2001 Lexus IS300 series with a sport body kit, and of course a side exhaust system, which aren't usually found on Lexuses. The massive rear spoiler is usually a stock featureon the Subaru WRX STi. The rear of the car is highly reminiscent of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV.[/QUOTE]

You were partly right, but I wasn't wrong either.[/QUOTE]
Did you seriously just quote a Wiki page, and pass it off as 'evidence'? You do know that anyone can edit that, right? I'm not saying that what it says isn't accurate in this situation, I'm just reminding you to be critical of your sources, especially ones as subjective as a Wiki page. [/QUOTE]
I posted that quote, because it shows I'm obviously not the only one who noticed the differences/similarities.

Be it as it may that they can change at any time, no one did, thus lots of people seem to agree with the person who placed this.

And most wiki pages get their information from 'sources' which are usually at the bottom of the site. Thus not being randomly put on the net.

Still doesn't answer my question as to if anyone has seen or heard of any news that the Sultan RS might be in the game. (I'm hoping someone read about it in some interview with the creators, which I haven't read)

'edit' something went wrong with the quoting, but F*ck it.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Nothing on the RS yet. Maybe they're keeping it a secret for us.

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I hope so! I absolutely loved it when I 'discovered' that car.. Still drive it as soon as I pick up the game. tounge.gif

Or the amped up Sentinel.

OldSchoolCheetah
  • OldSchoolCheetah

Street Racer/ Paul Walker RIP

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 10 2013, 14:45)
Nothing on the RS yet. Maybe they're keeping it a secret for us.

Hopefully it will be in the game, I think it needs more Japanese Imports since Car Customization is in the game, just like Gta San Andreas. colgate.gif

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Maybe they'll take away Sultan RS due to redundancy - car customization is in, so you'll be able to tune Sultan into RS.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Friday, May 10 2013, 15:38)
Maybe they'll take away Sultan RS due to redundancy - car customization is in, so you'll be able to tune Sultan into RS.

Perhaps yes. Hopefully we get the Jester and Elegy back though.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Can't wait to get a Black on Black Mesa with Off-Road Tyres, and just drive in the Countryside and Forests/Jungles for hours exploring what the Countryside has to offer.

like this baby->
user posted image

OldSchoolCheetah
  • OldSchoolCheetah

Street Racer/ Paul Walker RIP

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 10 2013, 15:41)
QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Friday, May 10 2013, 15:38)

Perhaps yes. Hopefully we get the Jester and Elegy back though.

icon14.gif

Read my Mind It would be great!

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Friday, May 10 2013, 07:00)
QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 14:54)
user posted image

At first glance I thought this was a Voodoo but it could be a Tornado.

It's the Picador. smile.gif

Oh, nice. I can clearly see the bed of the car now, thanks. icon14.gif

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Probably this will be the new Stinger model, they're both convertible but who knows.

user posted image

user posted image

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Smaaske @ Friday, May 10 2013, 19:45)
Probably this will be the new Stinger model, they're both convertible but who knows.

-whalepicture-

-whalepicture-

You have a point there, actually. Compare the GTA III stinger to the one in GTA V.

user posted image
user posted image

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Ragref @ Friday, May 10 2013, 20:17)
QUOTE (Smaaske @ Friday, May 10 2013, 19:45)

-whalepicture-

-whalepicture-

You have a point there, actually. Compare the GTA III stinger to the one in GTA V.

user posted image
user posted image

Exactly icon14.gif The stinger from Vice City looks different because 1983 and 1986... but the Stinger from the gta 3 looks more like the one from V.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

The Sultan is strictly an IS, whereas the Sultan RS is partly based on a WRX.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

http://www.techradar...-auto-5-1149120

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:28)

Err. At least they got some of them right?

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:30)

Yeah, it seems.

I posted a link just in case, maybe some cars are absent on the first page

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:33)

Yeah, it seems.

I know you weren't trying to insult the thread or the people posting here, but that article is a joke. They seem to have picked eight random cars, two of which they've paired with cars that share next to no similarities, and they've even made the mistake of assuming that each car is only based on a single real life counterpart. We're way more nerdy in here. tounge.gif

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:37)
QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:33)

Yeah, it seems.

I know you weren't trying to insult the thread or the people posting here, but that article is a joke. They seem to have picked eight random cars, two of which they've paired with cars that share next to no similarities, and they've even made the mistake of assuming that each car is only based on a single real life counterpart. We're way more nerdy in here. tounge.gif

Agreed)

First I posted the link and then checked the first page

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hey I'm not trying to discredit yalls observations or the progress you guys have made, but I must question the bobcat.

I've looked at the back half of the truck in question and it looks like a remodeled Yosemite. The back wheel/tire is wider than the front and light catches the bed side giving away a flat protrusion that could be a dually fender flair.

Idk just thought someone might want to take a closer look.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

What name is this car model under on the database?
user posted image

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 01:19)
-picture-

Unnamed Sedan 4. Speaking of that, does anybody know what it says on the back?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by Darth_Starkiller, 11 May 2013 - 03:21 AM.

QUOTE (Ragref @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 01:34)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 01:19)
-picture-

Unnamed Sedan 4. Speaking of that, does anybody know what it says on the back?

It kinda reminds me of the Pegassi writing behind the Infernus, even though this car doesn't seen based on a Lamborghini. Anyway, not all models are made by their GTA parody, this could be another case.
user posted image
Edit: Now that I look, it doesn't seems like it so much. I can read "Paradise" if I make some effort. By the way, just noticed how bullet holes actually change car shape and not only create a flat texture.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just a question, is this thread going to be locked when V comes out?

Averryy
  • Averryy

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I hardly doubt it will be locked. I expect that many more cars will be discovered when the game comes out. When the whole roster is found then I guess it'll be locked?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users