Quantcast

» «
Photo

CJ Vs Niko

203 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is your favorite? (181 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is your favorite?

1. Carl(CJ)Johnson (47 votes [29.56%])

Percentage of vote: 29.56%

2. Niko Bellic (112 votes [70.44%])

Percentage of vote: 70.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:28 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 28 November 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Okay I SEARCHED this, and lets just say i was surprised that nobody made this topic as a poll yet, but i'm going to make it.

Who is your favorite?

Miami. you should already know my answer wink.gif

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 19:28)
Okay I SEARCHED this, and lets just say i was surprised that nobody made this topic as a poll yet, but i'm going to make it.

So who do you like?

Miami. you should already know my answer wink.gif

Story wise Niko would kill Cj. Gameplay wise CJ would destroy Niko.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Weapon wise CJ would win.
But when it comes to intelligence Niko owns.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Even though San Andreas is my favourite game of all time I think Niko is far better than CJ as a protagonist.

Niko is much more in-depth, badass, and has a better back-story. In my opinion CJ would have worked well as a sort of side-kick whole playing the game as Sweet with Sweet's attitude in-game.

CJ was a little bit of a pussy for my liking. He seemed to have gotten over-emotional over almost anything, and if he didn't he would just stand around saying 'Damn, damn'.

CJ is probably my third favourite after Niko (1) and Tommy (2).

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Niko would tear CJ apart.

As characters, Niko is superior, but CJ was a good guy.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Niko of course.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I nulled my vote. CJ's story kinda sucked, Niko was a whiner and a hypocrite confused.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 09:50)
Niko was a whiner and a hypocrite confused.gif

I can agree with this.

He got himself into his mess, in the trailer he said 'maybe here things will be different' and then a couple hours after getting into Liberty he's killing Albanian loan sharks for the hell of it.

You don't get to complain if you started it.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

As close as CJ and San andreas are to my heart. I think Niko is the answer and you can't argue with it.

CJ hardly had a personality.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:33 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 11 November 2012 - 03:05 AM.

The fact Niko shows hypocrisy is what makes him relatable IMO. We're all hypocrites at times.

I think it makes him more human that he shows real flaws in his personality. Besides I've never felt it's to the extent people describe.

In essence Vic is much more of a hypocrite than Niko. Atleast Niko accepts who he is and doesn't try to convince himself he's sweet and innocent.

He comes across as emotionally/physchologically damaged and I don't blame him with all the sh*t he went through which is probably the worst any protagonist has had to deal with.

Anyway CJ aint got nothing on my man Niko. wink.gif

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Niko would win, he got them Red Army Skills

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 01:33)
The fact Niko shows hypocrisy is what makes him relatable IMO. We're all hypocrites at times.

I think it makes him more human that he shows real flaws in his personality. Besides I've never felt it's to the extent people describe.

In essence Vic is much more of a hypocrite than Niko. Atleast Niko accepts who he is and doesn't try to convince himself he's sweet and innocent.

He comes across as emotionally/physchologically damaged and I don't blame him with all the sh*t he went through which is probably the worst any protagonist has had to deal with.

Anyway CJ aint got nothing on my man Niko. wink.gif

Right on.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Once again Miami. I dissagree....CJ's got everything on Niko.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:18 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 11 November 2012 - 06:22 AM.

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 14:50)
Once again Miami. I dissagree....CJ's got everything on Niko.

Well it looks like only 1 person agrees with you so far. I have 16 people by my side who share my opinion. tounge.gif

The only good thing about CJ is his iniials rhyme with something I like to get every weekend. ph34r.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Ah, my 2 favorite protagonists. I just can't choose. CJ is the funniest and has a great personality but Niko was really likable and had a better story.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Definitely CJ. Niko was annoying.

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

CJ was a little bit of a pussy for my liking. He seemed to have gotten over-emotional over almost anything, and if he didn't he would just stand around saying 'Damn, damn'.

"Where are all the homies at?... damn man, damn".

---

Niko is more of a well produced character rather than CJ. Both are great protagonists but when you compare them side to side, you can see aspects of CJ which are poor. Obviously, Carl was a whimp as a child and let his brother die but he did eventually proove to everyone that he is powerful. He does make poor decisions, but so can Niko with the alternative endings.

Niko was much more of a bold protagonist with a very strong, powerful and meaning backstory. Simply, he had plans and them plans were made correctly to get what he wanted whilst CJ didn't have a clear idea on what he wanted, and he ate his way around his desire but Niko had a certain direction he wanted to follow and achieve. Niko does it for me, mainly because his backstory.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

cj annoyed me with his whining and his high voice, and he forgot where he came from and wanted to abandon his gang when things turned sour, niko all the way

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I've never disliked CJ, but in retrospect, he's one of my least favourite protagonists. Niko on the other hand is my second favourite after Vercetti.

So that'll be Niko then.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 07:05)
Definitely CJ. Niko was annoying.

Thank you.

Finally! somebody who agrees with me! that is on my side!

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Niko. I found that I could relate to him more then I could CJ. I mean, with CJ, you start as a petty thug and by the end; he is flying military jets around and and stealing prototype jetpacks from military bases. Unfortunately, that doesn't really do it for me (as fun as those things are as) as the storyline doesn't really fit with the character.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:33 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 12 November 2012 - 06:42 AM.

QUOTE (DTUMan @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 17:13)
Niko. I found that I could relate to him more then I could CJ. I mean, with CJ, you start as a petty thug and by the end; he is flying military jets around and and stealing prototype jetpacks from military bases. Unfortunately, that doesn't really do it for me (as fun as those things are as) as the storyline doesn't really fit with the character.

Agreed. I don't know, but I find Niko far more relatable than CJ and it's probably for the reasons you stated. Because the storyline in GTA IV is more down to earth and doesn't place Niko into highly ridiculous situations (such as breaking into military bases) he comes across more average Joe just trying to survive thus the relatable connection is there IMO whereas CJ is a bit like putting Forest Gump into the The Expendables.

On the surface CJ is a good guy and I don't think he's terrible persay. Niko just posesses more qualities I like than CJ does.

CJ is still better than that knob Luis, but that's for another time. tounge.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:20 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 12 November 2012 - 08:30 AM.

Wtf?! i think CJ would do fine in The Expendables wink.gif
Infact he'd be the main protagonist in "TE 2/II" smile.gif

You guys are missing the topic......

It's asking "who is your favorite ", not "who is better or has better qualities"

This polls, going to get locked I can just see happen sad.gif confused.gif

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 19:20)

It's asking "who is your favorite ", not "who is better or has better qualities"

This polls, going to get locked I can just see happen sad.gif   confused.gif

I think we're perfectly on topic tounge.gif . We are basing our decisions on our favourite of the two protagonists based on their qualities and the fact that Niko has the better, more lifelike qualities (in our opinion) that people can relate to more as opposed to CJ who can be difficult at times to relate to for the reasons mentioned above.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:33 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 12 November 2012 - 09:38 AM.

Wtf?! i think CJ would do fine in The Expendables wink.gif
Infact he'd be the main protagonist in "TE 2/II" smile.gif

But it's a comparison poll. You worded it as "CJ vs Niko". Naturally we're going to compare. tounge.gif

I think you're just jealous more of us like Niko. biggrin.gif

icon14.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (DTUMan @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 08:37)

I think we're perfectly on topic tounge.gif . We are basing our decisions on our favourite of the two protagonists based on their qualities and the fact that Niko has the better, more lifelike qualities (in our opinion) that people can relate to more as opposed to CJ who can be difficult at times to relate to for the reasons mentioned above.

Thats comparing....honestly cant a polls have favorites without "comparing who is better".

(@ Miami.)
I'm not jealous at all. I made the poll, i will admit i'm a little seethed that Niko is winning.

What was i suppose to name it? "CJ Vs Weakling Niko"? Give me some ideas smile.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 22:21)
QUOTE (DTUMan @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 08:37)

Thats comparing....honestly cant a polls have favorites without "comparing who is better".

(@ Miami.)
I'm not jealous at all. I made the poll, i will admit i'm a little seethed that Niko is winning.

What was i suppose to name it? "CJ Vs Weakling Niko"? Give me some ideas smile.gif

CJ vs The GrandMaster aka Niko. biggrin.gif

Niko will always win dude. Much like Tommy would against CJ. cool.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Haha! you funny! how about.....

CJ Aka King of GTAs Vs Pallid Niko wink.gif

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Divine was a better protagonist than CJ.

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Niko by far is the best gta protagonist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users