Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V weapons information

1,631 replies to this topic
ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Desert Eagle <- overused, worn out, exaggerated. This gun is ugly and hardly anyone in real life would use it.

:^:

If R* wanted to add some high power handgun, better choice would be .44 magnum or FN 5.7 with it's armor piercing capabilities

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

^ This famous screen where Michael aims with a black coloured looking pistol/that Jack-Bauer-like-screen, this pistol MIGHT be a Glock. I think it's again the AP, which MIGHT be a Glock-Frankenstein-game-version.

It's sad to see Rockstar falls into that cliche, always putting the Desert Eagel into their shooting games.

The Desert Eagle is a sh*t weapon. It's unhandy, big and ugly. It also has a low capacity.

If you'd take a Desert Eagle chambered in 50 AE, it would hold 7 rounds. the stopping power would be good but only 7 rounds! 

That's not why I would pack a pistol.

A pistol must not be too big, still pack a punch and have AT LEAST 10 rounds in the magazine. 

Also, the caliber 357 SIG would do the job, too. Stopping power and higher capacity. 

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Pretty sure the AP is just supposed to be a generic "tactical" pistol. When I saw the gameplay trailer, I thought it was supposed to be a USP or Mk. 23.

I like the Deagle, because I grew up on 80's/90's action movies and it was f*cking ubiquitous back then. Same reason I use the minigun in every game that has one.

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Pretty sure the AP is just supposed to be a generic "tactical" pistol. When I saw the gameplay trailer, I thought it was supposed to be a USP or Mk. 23.

I like the Deagle, because I grew up on 80's/90's action movies and it was f*cking ubiquitous back then. Same reason I use the minigun in every game that has one.

I grew up back then, too. But the Desert Eagle never appealed to me. Most of the protagonists of action movies had the Beretta 92, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, etc. 

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sorry, but I don't buy that you're a gun enthusiast since you obviously know jack sh*t about weapons. I'm not an expert either, and honestly, guns aren't my thing. But even I know where to buy a f*cking scope since I have relatives who hunt. If you were a gun collector, I wouldn't have to tell you any of this stuff.

ACOGs are $1000 a piece, I don't think an unprofessional criminal would sport a scope that expensive

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

Ready to rock Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Sorry, but I don't buy that you're a gun enthusiast since you obviously know jack sh*t about weapons. I'm not an expert either, and honestly, guns aren't my thing. But even I know where to buy a f*cking scope since I have relatives who hunt. If you were a gun collector, I wouldn't have to tell you any of this stuff.

ACOGs are $1000 a piece, I don't think an unprofessional criminal would sport a scope that expensive

Thanks guy, and also stuff like that doesn't interest a lot of people. Like my example of a farmer with an old shotgun, I know a lot of people who still just figure that the old one still shoots fine so why would they want anything fancy or new, my one grandpa is a farmer who's home protection gun is a WWII M1 Carbine and my other grandpa has a fifty year old .38 special stuffed between his arm chair cushions. Some people don't need an Uzi with an acog and extended mags, especially a law abiding farmer or some junkie out in the sticks. Yes you can get one, but there are many types of people who wouldn't even want one, whether it be too xpensive or too fancy or just not useful to them. So what would the point of them having a melee hammer be if there is any gun available? Because its fun, and variety is fun, which was my point in the first place.

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Have we got any weapon details from the strategy guide yet?

• Getzmunney likes this

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't mind a Desert Eagle, but I do agree it has to be the most overused handgun in existence these days. I remember being a kid and watching movies, and the Desert Eagle was like the holy grail top of the line handgun or at least it was portrayed that way, same for the SPAS-12 shotgun. To me as a kid, those were like guns of the future.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:22 AM Edited by chitoryu12, 11 September 2013 - 07:23 AM.

For the silver semi-auto in Michael's hand that we think may be a S&W, it may also be a Taurus 24/7 or similar. Said gun is striker-fired (which explains the lack of visible hammer), comes in that stainless finish, and has a similar sight profile when viewed from above.

If we're sticking with the Smith & Wesson angle, it could be a 4566, 4506, 4516, 3913, 5906, or 6906. All of these not only resemble that gun (including the black sights), but they're all on the LAPD approved carry list and would be accurate for Los Santos. They would also provide a similar alternative to the Taurus/Beretta 92 that there was with the PT92 and M1911 in Max Payne 3: you can have a high capacity 9mm, or a low capacity .45 with more power.

llllllllllllllll
  • llllllllllllllll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

The Beretta 92...perfect choice by rockstar. Classic semi automatic firearm in 9mm. 

Used in many blockbuster movies and, significant gun used by Max Payne, Bruce Willis, in many John Woo movies. I love the fact it's the pistol of choice by R*

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

All those previews mentioned every single gun you could imagine basically and more. Hopefully there are some awesome melee weapons too.

llllllllllllllll
  • llllllllllllllll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

All those previews mentioned every single gun you could imagine basically and more. Hopefully there are some awesome melee weapons too.

I don't believe that. Maybe them previewers were so overwhelmed they said sh*t like that.

Lots of guns would be amazing. But why should rockstar hold them ll back? 

Four pistols so far are alright.

No, wait, FIVE.

Beretta 92

Sig Sauer/S&W <- Michael holds it, recent screen with Franklin & Trevor

Desert Eagle

AP Pistol

Pistol .50 <- even though I imagine it is the Desert Eagle.

animegrim
  • animegrim

Animegrim93

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

im happy if there is a Old Style AK47

Kalashnikov :evilgrin:

demotivational-poster-gandalf-ak-47.jpg

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Why are you reading this? Still reading? Just go already.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

^ we can probably change the colour of the Norinco to make it look a classic AK

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Norinco-Type-56-1-A74383.jpg

This is also the Norinco, so expect an option to change it into this.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Why are you reading this? Still reading? Just go already.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hopefully we can change stocks too. I'm also hoping there's a nickel plating option for some handguns

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Why does IMFDB say that the gun from the Michael artwork, see 1st page of this thread, will most likely to NOT be in the game?

Do the weapon analysts here agree or ..?

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Why does IMFDB say that the gun from the Michael artwork, see 1st page of this thread, will most likely to NOT be in the game?

Do the weapon analysts here agree or ..?

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Which artwork do you mean? Sad thing is, artworks tend to not show ingame weapons.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

jCYUvEI.png

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

The M4? As far as I remember I've already seen a version of this AR15/M16/M4 not exactly the one from this artwork though.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

The Beretta 92...perfect choice by rockstar. Classic semi automatic firearm in 9mm. 

Used in many blockbuster movies and, significant gun used by Max Payne, Bruce Willis, in many John Woo movies. I love the fact it's the pistol of choice by R*

It's a sh*tty gun in real life.  :v:

I hope everyone here never has the displeasure to fire a 92FS.  There are many better firearm choices out there.

• ninja1232 likes this

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

No revolvers in a west coast game ? -_-

ninja1232
  • ninja1232

Its the Final Countdown.....

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by ninja1232, 12 September 2013 - 01:53 AM.

The Beretta's I have haven't treated me kindly. I like Glocks and 1911's more. Only 92 I like is the military "brigadier" version with the beefed up slide.

Does anybody else like 1911's here??

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

@Lapd 85: You really dislike the Beretta that much? I have to say I fired it and I really like it. I may prefer a Glock though. Still the Beretta is a good reliable firearm. Wouldn't be used by police and military worldwide if it weren't.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

I just hope there are Flamethrower and Katana at least! I want Chainsaw as well, but i have some weird feeling it won't be there at launch, maybe as DLC later, but unlikely at this point, which's kinda sad!  :(  I was hoping i could cut people in many pieces on the realistic engine!  :devil:

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by Kingification, 12 September 2013 - 10:49 AM.

I can't upload pictures for obvious reasons but I spotted but I think may be the Steyr TMP or the MP9 on the gun display wall in Ammunation on one of the leaked videos. Also, on display, I counted:

4 Handguns (couldn't ID any of them, assumedly the M9, S&W, Desert Eagle and AP)

3 Shotguns, one with a box magazine that hasn't been seen

3 Assault Rifles

3 Heavy artilery (Minigun, MGL, RPG)

2 Sniper rifles

2 SMGs

2 LMGs

Then there were also grenades, stuns and such on display. This all said, there was a second wall adjacent to the gun display wall which had empty racks on it - assumedly, this would suggest that more guns are unlocked throughout the game and are placed on the second wall. Not sure though. This could be supported by the fact that I didn't see the Mini-Uzi on the wall next to the SMGs.

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 12 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Looks like the three confirmed heavy weapons are the only ones we're getting. Bummer. I was really hoping for the flamethrower. :/ On the bright side, though, they're all purchasable (though presumably still locked until a certain point).

Chillmatic
  • Chillmatic

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Did anybody see the ammunition store video leak?

Spoiler

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 12 September 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Did anybody see the ammunition store video leak?

Spoiler

RDR had some weapons that you could only get on missions, so I'm assuming this probably will too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users