Photo

GTA V weapons information

1,638 replies to this topic
Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Same lame sh*t as past gtas.. very few pistols in this game.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Could be that they just don't want to spoil all the weapons. Only a week until we find out anyway.

• Getzmunney likes this

DangerousSimmo
  • DangerousSimmo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Don't talk bollocks, just because you haven't seen something doesnt make the game Lame, hell if you think it's lame go play Saints Row 4

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Don't talk bollocks, just because you haven't seen something doesnt make the game Lame, hell if you think it's lame go play Saints Row 4
mannnn shut your lame ass up.. freedom of speach over here

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

mannnn shut your lame ass up.. freedom of speach over here

And freedom of speach over THERE :)

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by ACR, 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM.

He is kinda right though, all we keep seeing is same M9 and that real life non- existent automatic pistol (don't count DE cause it's overused hollywood gun). I really hope there is at least some kind of .45 pistol.

• Getzmunney likes this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

He is kinda right though, all we keep seeing is same M9 and that real life non- existent automatic pistol (don't count DE cause it's overused hollywood gun). I really hope there is at least some kind of .45 pistol.

We've also seen the SW659 and R* mentioned revolvers. If the rovolver thing is confirmed I'll be satisfied (more so if the M1911 found its way into the game)

DangerousSimmo
  • DangerousSimmo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

All I mean't was R* have said more guns than any other GTA game. And look at the possibilities of DLC in the future. Don't understand why people are getting upset because they haven't seen everything. Just think how much happier and surprised you'll be when you find things you want but didn't know about.

zabyps3
  • zabyps3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

4 pistols so far.  Double GTA:IV before DLC.  Give me a .357 magnum and I'd be delighted.  

There's an absence of semi-auto shotguns so far, so there must be an unseen m1014 or something like that.

Probably 2 more SMGs, 2 more snipers and a 4th assault rifle.

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Both Berettas.

Why are people getting upset again? We have at least four different pistols (92, DE, AP, S&W) confirmed to be in the game, with a fifth mentioned on Rockstar's website (Service Revolver), three different ARs (HK416, Type 56, CTAR-21) with at least a fourth featured predominantly in artworks, which would point towards it being in the final game (AR-15). There are two LMGs (PKM, Mk48) confirmed to be in the game at the very least, another three shotguns confirmed through in-game screens (Mossberg 590, Super Shorty, Remington 870) - how is this lacking at all?

It's not a surprise that Rockstar have focused on certain guns in the screens.

You'll notice that Rockstar have seemed to be focusing on certain missions when marketing the game - the Paleto Bay Heist being a great example, in which we've seen both the HK416 and Type 56 being used. The only time we've seen the CTAR-21 is in screens based on ONE mission (not including online).

Furthermore, certain guns, like the S&W and PKM were glimpsed in trailers or featured in one screen ONLY, and very close to the release date - would this not suggest to you that Rockstar are hiding certain guns and such to be discovered, rather than be seen in screens? For goodness sake, we've only just confirmed tasers (aside from leaks), which you'd assume are a big deal in the game if they're being used predominantly by police.

My point is, you needn't worry. Even if we were limited to the guns we've seen so far, i'd still be content - but i'm fairly sure we've got a fair bit more to discover!

• tenpennyisplainevil and zabyps3 like this

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Wesinator, 09 September 2013 - 11:16 PM.

I really want to see what the revolver will be like now.. and hope it has an option for stub nose.. don't like long nose.

smith_26266.jpgSorry it is big.. smallest I could find

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Again, there probably won't be revolvers because someone at R* doesn't know the difference between a pistol, handgun, and a revolver.

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 10 September 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Has anyone considered they're only showing the same weapons because they're unlocked early in the game, and they want to us to discover the rest by, you know, playing the game? It's entirely possible that some weapons can only be unlocked on later missions and they don't want to risk potentially giving away major spoilers.

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Has anyone considered they're only showing the same weapons because they're unlocked early in the game, and they want to us to discover the rest by, you know, playing the game? It's entirely possible that some weapons can only be unlocked on later missions and they don't want to risk potentially giving away major spoilers.

Well, it seems they have given us some late game weapons already. I would think that minigun is something you get pretty late in the game. But yeah, I'm guessing most of the weapons will be unlocked at certain points in the missions, since we are allowed to carry all weapons at once this time around.

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

Ready to rock Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'm really hoping they are holding out, they already said it would have more weapons than any previous gta game, and San Andreas had like fifty. So there are a boat load we don't know about yet. I'm hoping for some revolvers, and especially some less high tech stuff. Everything we've seen is mostly stuff you'd see in COD with crazy names like m-26-BALLS or whatever. But when you're burning up farmer joes truck in the deep backwoods of Blaine county, do you really think he will have a bullpup 5.56 automatic carbine with laser sight and acog scope? No, he should be coming out waving a rusty old double barrel or a lever action hunting rifle or something. I can't really see the Lost MC or the inhabitants of Sandy Shores packing all this high tech stuff. I'm hoping for authenticity's sake and pure fun we will see some .357 magnums with different barrel lengths (stub, regular, long barrel), grip options (wood or rubber), speed loaders, different color finishes (chrome, black, camo, worn, etc.) and stuff like that. The double barrel where you can saw off the barrels to make a coach gun, or the barrels and the stock to make it a sawed off, that's the kind of customization that peaks my interest. All the stuff I've heard about so far seems like COD, which is not unique or revolutionary in the slightest.
  • tenpennyisplainevil likes this

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Another interesting feature for customization would be a work bench type feature, like garages in racing games, where you can look at the upgrades and try on different looks before you buy and just create a more interactive feel. It would be a lot cooler than a simple press x to buy press x to equip menu. Basically a weapon version of the car customization garages is my idea.

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Also I'm just now posting for the first time here so if anyone wants to discuss stuff or argue a point or anything that'd be awesome.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Trevor's pistol is NOT a standard Beretta 92 or "M9". It doesn't have the safety/decocker on the slide; the Taurus PT-92, which appeared in Max Payne 3, has the lever on the frame below the slide instead. They may be taking cues from the Taurus they had modeled previously.

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 10 September 2013 - 05:07 AM.

I'm really hoping they are holding out, they already said it would have more weapons than any previous gta game, and San Andreas had like fifty. So there are a boat load we don't know about yet. I'm hoping for some revolvers, and especially some less high tech stuff. Everything we've seen is mostly stuff you'd see in COD with crazy names like m-26-BALLS or whatever. But when you're burning up farmer joes truck in the deep backwoods of Blaine county, do you really think he will have a bullpup 5.56 automatic carbine with laser sight and acog scope? No, he should be coming out waving a rusty old double barrel or a lever action hunting rifle or something. I can't really see the Lost MC or the inhabitants of Sandy Shores packing all this high tech stuff. I'm hoping for authenticity's sake and pure fun we will see some .357 magnums with different barrel lengths (stub, regular, long barrel), grip options (wood or rubber), speed loaders, different color finishes (chrome, black, camo, worn, etc.) and stuff like that. The double barrel where you can saw off the barrels to make a coach gun, or the barrels and the stock to make it a sawed off, that's the kind of customization that peaks my interest. All the stuff I've heard about so far seems like COD, which is not unique or revolutionary in the slightest.

There's been plenty of "normal" guns like the Beretta, Uzi, and Type 56 mixed in with the more high-end ones, and decent hardware isn't that hard to get ahold of. Most outdoors shops sell high-powered scopes, handgrips, and folding stocks like we've seen in the game, and failing that, there's always the internet. So it's not that unrealistic that someone like Trevor would carry around a SWAT shotgun, especially considering what he does for a living.

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by TylerTechnicolor, 10 September 2013 - 05:16 AM.

There's been plenty of "normal" guns like the Beretta, Uzi, and Type 56 mixed in with the more high-end ones, and decent hardware isn't that hard to get ahold of. Most outdoors shops sell high-powered scopes, handgrips, and folding stocks like we've seen in the game, and failing that, there's always the internet. So it's not that unrealistic that someone like Trevor would carry around a SWAT shotgun, especially considering what he does for a living.
I understand trevor hisself getting advanced guns to use and gathering the better guns over time, my point was that both types should be implemented. I just think the variety would make it more interesting and give different types of weapons for different environments and different walks of life. I have all different types of guns, and at different times I feel like shooting a different type. But in a game world this would be a lot quicker and simpler, with the weapon wheel and all that. So maybe I feel like using the Serbu one minute and then as trevor I just feel like using a regular old sawed off like in San Andreas. All I'm saying is variety is good and that sometimes the less advanced weapons can be just as fun when you are just free roaming and messing around. In red dead I still used the cattleman revolver sometimes even after I had the Mauser. Or in IV sometimes I would prefer the lower level weapon set just for fun. Less commando feel and more maniac or gangster feel.

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 10 September 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Sorry, but I don't buy that you're a gun enthusiast since you obviously know jack sh*t about weapons. I'm not an expert either, and honestly, guns aren't my thing. But even I know where to buy a f*cking scope since I have relatives who hunt. If you were a gun collector, I wouldn't have to tell you any of this stuff.

TylerTechnicolor
  • TylerTechnicolor

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Sorry, but I don't buy that you're a gun enthusiast since you obviously know jack sh*t about weapons. I'm not an expert either, and honestly, guns aren't my thing. But even I know where to buy a f*cking scope since I have relatives who hunt.

No need to be like that about it. I know a lot about weapons and own several. They're actually my main interest and hobby. I fully understand you can buy all those types of weapons and accessories at any gun store. Walmart carries AR-15 variants for gods sake. I'm no expert, just find them interesting and I enjoy learning about them and getting experience with whatever I can get my hands on.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Nice screens. Both show the Beretta.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

new screen

screenshot-exclusif-gta-5.jpg

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Old, posted yesterday.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

but not here

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by killerbee25, 10 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Another screen: http://kuchcik.gtasi...a5/gtanetpl.png

gtanetpl.png

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Funny how some stubborn children can't accept the fact the screens are showing the Beretta 92 or Taurus PT 92. 

There is not a single screenshot showing the Glock 19 or Colt1911.

The AP pistol MIGHT be a heavily deformed Glock. But like some people already observed, only ARTWORKS show the Colt 1911. 

Rockstar could have hidden them on purpose, like some say. We will find out on September 17th. 

What we see now:

Desert Eagle <- overused, worn out, exaggerated. This gun is ugly and hardly anyone in real life would use it.

Beretta 92 <- good choice by Rockstar. Classic 9mm firearm. Reliable, high capacity (although ingame mags only show 12 rounds instead of 15/17)

AP Pistol <- OK. The AP in TLAD was alright but also not necessary when the SMGs would do the job even better. 

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by DarkStarfire, 10 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Isn't there a screen of Michael holding a Glock on the website (can't be assed to check)? Or is that just the AP again?

And on a sidenote, I hate jackoffs who line up to say "LAWL OLD NOOB" like everyone has nothing better to do but wait for new screens. Some people don't get to see this stuff right away. f*ck off.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

As far as I know, all supposed appearances of a "Glock" are the AP pistol. Same in that recent screen: you can see the edges of the slide side rails at the muzzle end of the barrel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users