Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V weapons information

1,638 replies to this topic
Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by Kingification, 07 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

As I said earlier, i'm 100% that this is a Walther PPK. Of course whether it is actually in the game or not remains to be seen!

• Stephan90 likes this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

As I said earlier, i'm 100% that this is a Walther PPK. Of course whether it is actually in the game or not remains to be seen!

LOL that ejection port would eject the casings straight into the shooter's face :lol:

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I will add it, thanks for identifying.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 07 September 2013 - 05:21 PM.

There is no such thing as a "normal grenade". Grenades have designations, just as all weapons do, and this one is designated M26A1.

sorry,I'm not a gun expert, when I said "a normal grenade" I meant normal "throw it and watch it blow up something" grenade

Kingification
  • Kingification

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

There is no such thing as a "normal grenade". Grenades have designations, just as all weapons do, and this one is designated M26A1.

sorry,I'm not a gun expert, when I said "a normal grenade" I meant normal "throw it and watch it blow up something" grenade

Is there a type of grenade that doesn't blow up things, then?

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Flashbangs, smoke grenades, tear gas,etc...

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hey Stephan, from what I've heard in the IGN video, golf clubs are actually confirmed. Just a little note.

• zzmorg82 likes this

Kingification
  • Kingification

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Well of course but when they're talking about a "grenade" they're talking about frag grenades, not flashbangs and the like.

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well of course but when they're talking about a "grenade" they're talking about frag grenades, not flashbangs and the like.

Yes, I agree.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hey Stephan, from what I've heard in the IGN video, golf clubs are actually confirmed. Just a little note.

Thanks for the notification. But this was already obvious, since there would be no point in being able to play golf but not being able to use the golf club to have "fun" after the game if you loose it.

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the notification. But this was already obvious, since there would be no point in being able to play golf but not being able to use the golf club to have "fun" after the game if you loose it.

Now that you mention it, it does seem quite obvious. :p

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Oh I thought you were critisising Stephan for calling it an M26A1 grenade instead of "normal grenade". If this wasn't the case then I'm terribly sorry  :*(

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

I love the super shorty.

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I love the super shorty.

If you're interested ;) :

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

Jesus...anyone who wouldn't agree must either be trolling or blind. It IS the Walther PPK. But:

This is only some picture, some advertisement.

And just like most artworks, we can't trust that this gun will REALLY be available. I hope so, but I doubt it.

It's like: 

the serrated edge tv show in GTA IV. If people would have seen that BEFORE the release, they could have assumed these blades will all be available. 

For now, I can only place a sure bet on the official videos and screens (NO ADS and NO ARTWORKS) and so far we've seen: 

- Beretta 92/Taurus PT 92

- Desert Eagle

- AP Pistol

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

you know what I want in V?

A Rambo Bow!

Rambo-Bow2.jpg

stealth kills plus its useful for hunting

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Cysiek, 07 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

A bow? This sh*t is in every new game...

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

A bow? This sh*t is in every new game...

Which is good, for it allows people that enjoy them to be able to use them in their favorite video games. So what's the problem?

Kingification
  • Kingification

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Kingification, 07 September 2013 - 10:58 PM.

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

Jesus...anyone who wouldn't agree must either be trolling or blind. It IS the Walther PPK. But:

And just like most artworks, we can't trust that this gun will REALLY be available. I hope so, but I doubt it.

It's like: 

the serrated edge tv show in GTA IV. If people would have seen that BEFORE the release, they could have assumed these blades will all be available. 

For now, I can only place a sure bet on the official videos and screens (NO ADS and NO ARTWORKS) and so far we've seen: 

- Desert Eagle

- AP Pistol

We've also seen the M1911, the S&W, and while we haven't 'seen' it, it's been confirmed that there's a 'service revolver' in the game - in my opinion, it's likely to be the Smith & Wesson Model 36.

Kingification
  • Kingification

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

I was scouring the net looking for handguns that could be the 'unnamed pistol' and the only ones I could find with *some* resemblance were the S&W Model 41 and Hammerli 208s - both are chambered in .22 and are popular target pistols.

Using the screenshot and the two pistols as a guideline, I knocked up a quick sketch of what the pistol could (but almost certainly doesn't) look like -

zG9DFPD.jpg

Apologies for my shoddy artwork! :p 

Any other ideas?

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

It's like: 

- Desert Eagle

- AP Pistol

We've also seen the M1911, the S&W, and while we haven't 'seen' it, it's been confirmed that there's a 'service revolver' in the game - in my opinion, it's likely to be the Smith & Wesson Model 36.

Where's the confirmation? Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see these guns in the game, a revolver, a 1911, etc.

But I don't trust artworks. 

They tend to show some convenient guns which most likely won't appear in the game.

Max Payne 3's artworks mostly show Max having a Desert Eagle. Well, the gun WAS in the game, but it was rather seldom and only with limited ammo, having its own ammo that is.

However, please show me where the revolver and 1911 are confirmed. I'd be happy to see them in the game.

I haven't seen a revolver. And a 1911 only in artworks.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Where's the confirmation? Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see these guns in the game, a revolver, a 1911, etc.

They tend to show some convenient guns which most likely won't appear in the game.

Max Payne 3's artworks mostly show Max having a Desert Eagle. Well, the gun WAS in the game, but it was rather seldom and only with limited ammo, having its own ammo that is.

However, please show me where the revolver and 1911 are confirmed. I'd be happy to see them in the game.

It's exactly that.  There is no confirmation they exist and that the artwork is in no way representative of the actual game.  There were many artworks of IV that had weapons that weren't in the game.  It is rather unfortuate though that the artists are illustrating weapons that aren't going to be in the game.  I would love to see a M1911, Glock, and M4 in this game but as time is going on, it is looking less likely that they actually exist ingame.  The same applies to the 3D renders of the PPK and P226.

Kingification
  • Kingification

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by Kingification, 08 September 2013 - 12:51 AM.

RTvx3qd.jpg

Mj52ohq.jpg

It's like: 

- Desert Eagle

- AP Pistol

I can't track it down but i've 100% definitely seen a screenshot with the 1911, the S&W was identified from a screenshot last page, and the GTA V website confirmed that stun guns and 'service revolvers' are in the game.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Ty for this info! Those weapons look great, I'm really wanting the heavy artillery and sniper rifles! :D

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Any guesses as to what the 'service revolver' will be? I'd plump for the Colt Single Action Army as a homage to Red Dead Redemption, possibly snub nosed when being used by the police.

I'd put my money on a Colt .38, doubt it'd be the SAA, the .38 Detective Special had been grandfathered in with older officers and detectives when the LAPD changed over to semi automatic pistols in the 80's/90's, the revolver thing is valid, I can see it being the .38 DS, either that or a modern Taurus or something 

I can't track it down but i've 100% definitely seen a screenshot with the 1911, the S&W was identified from a screenshot last page, and the GTA V website confirmed that stun guns and 'service revolvers' are in the game.

I hope you guys seriously aren't thinking revolvers are in the game.  Whoever wrote the R* page about 'service revolvers' probably knows jack about firearms.  Case in point.

2013-09-07_192639.png

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm not confident that the stockless pump-action shotgun is a Serbu Super Shorty. The Serbu is not only shorter than the in-game gun (unless you get it lengthened during your order), but it replaces the forend completely with a folding vertical grip. The vertical foregrip is actually the defining feature of a Super Shorty. It's more likely to just be a Mossberg 590 Compact Cruiser, either a modification of the existing Mossberg 590 with the custom stock or as a separate gun using a modified model.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:52 AM Edited by junkpile, 08 September 2013 - 06:53 AM.

That's the thing. Noone really can prove it. Like I said, don't get me wrong, I WANT all these firearms, I'd welcome them that is.

Revolvers, 1911, Glocks, etc. 

But I can't trust artworks.

Yeah that S&W / Sig or whatever it's supposed to be, that's one new pistol we see.

But I really haven't seen any of these: Glock, 1911 or a revolver. 

The Glock and 1911 are omnipresent in artworks. Franklin even got himself a Glock on the cover of the game. 

Still it's mostly the AP Pistol and the Beretta 92/Taurus PT 92 I see. 

I haven't seen a single screenshot (NOT artwork) showing the 1911. 

I hope Rockstar got more pistols other than the Desert Eagle and AP Pistol. 

I'm okay with the Beretta. But me, personally, don't see the purpose of an automatic pistol when a micro Uzi can do the job, just like the automatic pictol in TLAD.

But okay, it brings in diversity.

And the Desert Eagle...it may be powerful, yet I'm not a fan of this gun. I'd prefer a Revolver.

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

I never used the full-auto setting on Max Payne's auto pistol, because it shoots fast enough on semi-auto. Judging by the gameplay trailers, this one pretty much works the same way, except probably not as good since you can't dual wield.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by Stephan123, 08 September 2013 - 09:02 AM.

In the game? Can you show a picture?

a8QrzIX.jpg

What's that in Franklins hand? a bottle?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 08 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

I'm not confident that the stockless pump-action shotgun is a Serbu Super Shorty. The Serbu is not only shorter than the in-game gun (unless you get it lengthened during your order), but it replaces the forend completely with a folding vertical grip. The vertical foregrip is actually the defining feature of a Super Shorty. It's more likely to just be a Mossberg 590 Compact Cruiser, either a modification of the existing Mossberg 590 with the custom stock or as a separate gun using a modified model.

I'm thinking we're going to get a basic pump action shotgun model (long barrel, full stock and five round capacity) which can then be modified with a removed stock or an M4A1 stock, a cut down barrel to the same length as the standard magazine tube (thus giving us the Serbu Super Shorty) or an extended magazine tube to maybe 8 rounds?  same kind of thing with the AR-15 rifle, change out some parts to make it resemble a different model of a similar weapon.

EDIT-Stephan123, that's a magazine for Franklin's weapon, pretty cool that reloads are being fully animated rather than IV's miming of removing the magazine, pulling the charging handle etc, at least Rockstar are paying more attention to those kinds of things.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users