Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

New Shotgun is Awesome

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

user posted image

Seems like this LMG is the Mk. 48 Mod 1 to me. I marked the significant matches in red. The front iron sights look identical, the rail system looks identical. Marked in blue are the differences, as you can see, the stock is slightly different. It starts out as the same but the ending is off. A custom stock might be an explanation for this. Also, the handle above the rail isn't visible, it's probably tucked behind the gun or removed altogether. As for the scope I marked in green, I know the scope but can't remember the proper designation so I'll be searching for that. The mag that is on the gun in the trailer is clearly a 100 round 7.62 type belt mag, as the Mk. 48 also uses. Further, no differences can be seen in the action or barrell, so I think it is in fact this LMG.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

scope is the ELCAN SpecterOS4x I believe, anyone use the R3 zoom feature in GTA IV? maybe we can buy 4x scopes like the ELCAN or a Trijicon ACOG, so when you press R3 the reticle zooms in further. doesn't quite step into Call of Duty territory and makes attachments functional rather than simply an embellishment. just my hope.

xOMeGa
  • xOMeGa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

I really don't know much about LMG,so I can't help you guys. Anyway if they added the DSR-50 precision rifle to V's weaponry I will kiss each one on R* North.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:24)
scope is the ELCAN SpecterOS4x I believe, anyone use the R3 zoom feature in GTA IV? maybe we can buy 4x scopes like the ELCAN or a Trijicon ACOG, so when you press R3 the reticle zooms in further. doesn't quite step into Call of Duty territory and makes attachments functional rather than simply an embellishment. just my hope.

That's the one, thanks. Completely forgot the name. And yes, it might be like MP3 where it just zooms in further regardless, but I'd prefer to have a button for that as you said right here. That would be awesome.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Lol the Kel-Tec will be over used in Multiplayer with Frags. Calling it now. alien.gif

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:02)
user posted image

Seems like this LMG is the Mk. 48 Mod 1 to me. I marked the significant matches in red. The front iron sights look identical, the rail system looks identical. Marked in blue are the differences, as you can see, the stock is slightly different. It starts out as the same but the ending is off. A custom stock might be an explanation for this. Also, the handle above the rail isn't visible, it's probably tucked behind the gun or removed altogether. As for the scope I marked in green, I know the scope but can't remember the proper designation so I'll be searching for that. The mag that is on the gun in the trailer is clearly a 100 round 7.62 type belt mag, as the Mk. 48 also uses. Further, no differences can be seen in the action or barrell, so I think it is in fact this LMG.

I have added it and put you on the contributors list. icon14.gif

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 10:58)
QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:02)
user posted image

I have added it and put you on the contributors list. icon14.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif
BTW, I was watching that picture of the unknown pistol and then noticed the guy in the background holding something we haven't seen before colgate.gif
user posted image
Note the round shape of the pistol, which points strongly towards it being a revolver. With the horrid quality of this pic we can't yet figure out which revolver in particular, but it definately seems like we'll be seeing the much loved revolver return cool.gif
What I can say now, though, is that it seems to be one of the smaller calibre revolvers. So maybe a .38 like in MP3 or perhaps a .45 Single Action Army? But too soon to tell which in particular anyway.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:57 AM Edited by Stephan123, 26 May 2013 - 11:04 AM.

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 11:23)
Thanks  biggrin.gif
BTW, I was watching that picture of the unknown pistol and then noticed the guy in the background holding something we haven't seen before  colgate.gif
user posted image
Note the round shape of the pistol, which points strongly towards it being a revolver. With the horrid quality of this pic we can't yet figure out which revolver in particular, but it definately seems like we'll be seeing the much loved revolver return  cool.gif
What I can say now, though, is that it seems to be one of the smaller calibre revolvers. So maybe a .38 like in MP3 or perhaps a .45 Single Action Army? But too soon to tell which in particular anyway.

This is no revolver. If you rewatch the trailer, you'll see this pistol from the near shortly before the cut, where this picture was taken.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 11:57)
Thanks  biggrin.gif
BTW, I was watching that picture of the unknown pistol and then noticed the guy in the background holding something we haven't seen before  colgate.gif
user posted image
Note the round shape of the pistol, which points strongly towards it being a revolver. With the horrid quality of this pic we can't yet figure out which revolver in particular, but it definately seems like we'll be seeing the much loved revolver return  cool.gif

This is no revolver. If you rewatch the trailer, you'll see this pistol from the near shortly before the cut, where this picture was taken.

Watched it again and you're right, before Michael enters through the window it's clearly the 92FS which is already on the list. Too bad...

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:46)
I think Kel-Tec is pretty cool, but Rockstar Games should have used the UTS-15 instead of the KSG. It looks more badass, it can alternate feeding from both magazine tubes, and it has a lower bore axis. The KSG is ambidextrous, and that's probably its only selling point over the UTS-15.

The uts-15 is a piece of garbage. My buddy had one and it didnt even work when he shot it for the first time.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Could the pistol.50 in the special editions be a desert eagle? user posted image

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

more than likely, no point adding it to the list until we see an image of it. Rockstar might decide to add something rather than the Desert Eagle as the token 'power pistol'

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

I am wondering, should the Mk 48 Mod 1 still be classified as light machine gun in the same slot as the assault rifles? It has the caliber 7.62×51mm NATO ths same as the M60, which was classified as heavy artillery in GTA Vice City.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

How could they leave revolvers out of a west cosst game again? Thats stupid as f*ck

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 14:51)
How could they leave revolvers out of a west cosst game again? Thats stupid as f*ck

And how do you know that they left them out of the game???

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 13:54)

I mean peep all the handguns weve seen already.. Do u really think there will be more

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by Stephan123, 30 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 15:00)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 13:54)

I mean peep all the handguns weve seen already.. Do u really think there will be more

Of course there will be more, he have 5 different pistols, maybe the unknown pistol is the cal. 50 pistol. Then we would have only 4 diffrent pistols. I am 99% sure that there will be at least one revolver. We have already 4 different assault rifles compared to 2 in GTA IV (including DLC).

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by rampage08, 30 May 2013 - 02:16 PM.

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 13:30)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 11:57)
Thanks  biggrin.gif
user posted image

Watched it again and you're right, before Michael enters through the window it's clearly the 92FS which is already on the list. Too bad...

i watched the next scene and it certainly doesnt look like a 92FS. It looks like a M1911.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 13:51)

im just hoping that they dont put the 44. Pistol in the game again, it should have been a 44. magnum revolver, not some tranquilizer look-a-like turn.gif

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

The .44 Magnum in Gay Tony is I think supposed to be one of the AMT Automag guns, a pretty early design that I would say is fairly uncommon . But it was weird seeing it in Gay Tony, the only popular media I know it's been in is those Death wish movies with Charles Bronson ithink.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by -Eddie-, 30 May 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Stephan it seems in your haste to add the 'Mk48' you've forgotten about the attachments (Elcan Specter 4x sight, Magpul angled foregrip). Also I have issues with it being called the Mk48, as that is a US designation for the Minimi 7.62 made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgiam. The British forces and many others also use this variant and all give it a different name, for instance ours is designated the L110A2 and if anything looks just as comparable to the in-game LMG than the Mk48.

user posted image

Secondly I dispute the idea that this is 7.62mm in calibre, it is more than likely 5.56mm as the standard Minimi is. The weapon in the above image is chambered for 5.56 and is holding a 100 round belt in a softy bag (like in the game).

In short, not a Mk48, which would be incredibly hard for a civilian to get their hands on considering it's SOF issue only.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Stephan it seems in your haste to add the 'Mk48' you've forgotten about the attachments (Elcan Specter 4x sight, Magpul angled foregrip).

I have added it now. Who said it first?

Also I have issues with it being called the Mk48, as that is a US designation for the Minimi 7.62 made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgiam. The British forces and many others also use this variant and all give it a different name, for instance ours is designated the L110A2 and if anything looks just as comparable to the in-game LMG than the Mk48.

I changed the name to MK 48.

Secondly I dispute the idea that this is 7.62mm in calibre, it is more than likely 5.56mm as the standard Minimi is. The weapon in the above image is chambered for 5.56 and is holding a 100 round belt in a softy bag (like in the game).

Wikipedia says it comes only with caliber 7.62×51mm NATO. Is it wrong?

In short, not a Mk48, which would be incredibly hard for a civilian to get their hands on considering it's SOF issue only.

Does this matter? I mean it's GTA...

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

-Eddie- thanks for reiterating the points I made previously mate

simplest of terms;
-FN Minimi/M249 SAW/SAW PARA/SAW PIP/SAW SPW are all 'infantry' weapons and are chambered for 5.56, with options being the 100 round bag or 200 round belt box, like TBOGT. there is also a 7.62 version of the FN Minimi, different from the Mk 48 mentioned below.
-the Mk 46 as a 'special forces' SAW to put it in laymans terms, similar to the SAW SPW, and is mostly interchangeable with the M249 SAW
-the Mk 48 is a 7.62 version of the Mk 46 and as far as common knowledge extents, it only comes available with a 100 round bag. I honestly think the bag looks too small to be a 7.62x51 bag, so if we're gonna list it as a variant of the FN Minimi weapons family, I'd go with either SAW or Mk 46.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by -Eddie-, 30 May 2013 - 05:37 PM.

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 17:24)
Stephan it seems in your haste to add the 'Mk48' you've forgotten about the attachments (Elcan Specter 4x sight, Magpul angled foregrip).

I have added it now. Who said it first?

Also I have issues with it being called the Mk48, as that is a US designation for the Minimi 7.62 made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgiam. The British forces and many others also use this variant and all give it a different name, for instance ours is designated the L110A2 and if anything looks just as comparable to the in-game LMG than the Mk48.

I changed the name to MK 48.

Wikipedia says it comes only with caliber 7.62×51mm NATO. Is it wrong?

Does this matter? I mean it's GTA...

Nope, doesn't matter too much at all, and I said about the attachments first. To be quite honest it could be a mixture, however there's no evidence to say it's 7.62 (which is an uncommon version compared to the Minimi 5.56mm, the Mk48 is a US only designation to the Minimi 7.62mm)

Also I finally found a picture of the Minimi with an Elcan Specter like in the game
user posted image

Softy bag, custom Para stock and the 4x Elcan

Also I'd say if we do get a 7.62 MG it'd more than likely be the GPMG/M240 (I wish sad.gif )

user posted image

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

the M240/FN MAG would be sweet! be a pretty cool throwback to Vice City's M60, power of a sniper rifle, fire rate of a submachine gun, ammo capacity three times that of an assault rifle!

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Finally, i will call it FN Minimi if that's ok for you.

Elric101
  • Elric101

This is who I am, but wheres the eggman...

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 13:24)
I am wondering, should the Mk 48 Mod 1 still be classified as light machine gun in the same slot as the assault rifles? It has the caliber 7.62×51mm NATO ths same as the M60, which was classified as heavy artillery in GTA Vice City.

Well, being that its chambered in 7.62x51mm it should be classified as a general-purpose machine gun or a medium machine gun.

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

Soon®

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

That unknown pistol Trevor is holding looks like the H&K Mark 23 SOCOM in my opinion

user posted image

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by tenpennyisplainevil, 31 May 2013 - 06:09 PM.

@Eddie You seem to be forgetting that the Mk. 48 isn't just the American designation for the FN Minimi 7.62, but also manufactured inside the US with several differences with the original FN Minimi. The one as seen in the screenshot looks more like an American Mk. 48 Mod 1. And since it is used by Marines (one of their main bases is stationed in San Diego, SoCal, their base is even being featured in GTA V), it makes more sense to have the US version in GTA V. As for the calibre, I mentioned 7.62 because 5.56 is more commonly seen fitted with a 200 round mag (with a bigger appearance) and the 7.62 is ALWAYS seen with a 100 round mag. And even if it would be the 5.56 version it would still be the US manufactured M249 rather than the Belgian FN Minimi 5.56, due to the various differences that make both US versions more similar to the one in the screenshot. So please, change the name back smile.gif
@Undertaker13 The unknown pistol has no hammer. It has an internal striker, a rectangular back and a carving on the front, so I'd say it's either an FSN-9 with an internal striker or maybe a P99. But the FSN-9 looks more similar:
user posted image

EDIT: more about the FN Minimi
user posted image
As all of you can see, the upper barrel of the Minimi is exposed, as cleverly hidden in the provided screenshots by Eddie. In the screenshot it can clearly be seen that the barrel has rails on the side (as does the Minimi), but also has something covering the top of the barrel (as the Mk.48 and the one in the V screenshot does have and the Minimi doesn't). The differences between the Mk. 48 and the Minimi are miniscule, but this thing is clearly American-made all right. And Eddie, Claude4Catalina spotted the Elcan scope, look back a little.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users