Quantcast

» «
Photo

R.I.P GTA you could have been a GOAT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic
jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (ECDT1089 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:29)
Roman Bellic's brain.

More like Packie McReary's Brain.

Cwave
  • Cwave

Rat

• Members

QUOTE (Punkd @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:38)
you cant judge if gta v is good/you will enjoy playing it or not, since you didnt play the actual game yet..its like saying "fire is hot" when you didnt even try to put ya fingers in it.. -.-

Please don't tell me you tried to put your fingers in fire to come to the conclusion that it's hot. lol.gif

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

user posted image

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:36)
QUOTE (Little William @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:32)
I agree with bobgtafan and the OP: the III era GTAs are the greatest games R*has ever produced. Pity about their biggest pile of sh*t which they call IV and V. It is a end of an era for GTA and R*. Pity.

V a piece of sh*t?
Idiots. bored.gif suicidal.gif bored.gif I am not going to this time.

No a pile of sh*t. Big difference.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:39)
QUOTE (Punkd @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:38)
you cant judge if gta v is good/you will enjoy playing it or not, since you didnt play the actual game yet..its like saying "fire is hot" when you didnt even try to put ya fingers in it.. -.-

Thousands of years of scientific prove that fire is hot. This was a poor analogy.

But you dont know what it feels like until you get burnt.

The OP has no idea how the 3 character option works in GTA 5 because he hasn't played the game. But he could play Star Wars KOTOR then bitch about about why a 10 years old Star Wars game has 3 playable characters sigh.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Little William @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:47)
I agree with bobgtafan and the OP: the III era GTAs are the greatest games R*has ever produced. Pity about their biggest pile of sh*t which they call IV and V. It is a end of an era for GTA and R*. Pity.

V a piece of sh*t?

Oh for god's sake. You are not even forced to change characters. It's just a feature which gives you more options throughout the game.

Idiotic kids nowadays...

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:21)
Before this thread kicks off. I want to stress one last time. San andreas was what the fans wanted so it sold millions. COD gives it's fans what it wants so it sells millions.

IV got a mixed reaction because rockstar stopped caring and did whatever they wanted. This multi protags is a perfect example of not listening to you're audience and not giving them what they want.

This will kill the game

IV mixed reaction? The way I remember it most game reviewers gave it 9.5 or 10 out of 10. Ofcourse a few people complained but don't you get that in every game no matter what the game company does? Seriously Rockstar can never win.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:38)
It really does baffle me how people start crying if game companies release the same sh*t, yet rockstar is doing something different and all they get are miserable teens who think they know it all pissing there pants on a forum saying 'RIP GTA'. Rockstar are taking risks, and as a company, we should respect that, it just shows that they got tons of passion for there game and not just about money.

Damn right. Hell Rockstar took so long on perfecting this game for us that they risked their asses off almost being outdone by another up and coming "Open worlder" (Sleeping Dogs) but they were resilient and kept on working and being silent about it until they felt that it was ready to be revealed to the world.

If it was about the money, they could have released this game last year and we wouldve played whatever half assed build they left off on!......THEN people would've been pissed!

v-man
  • v-man

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try try try
Gotta get up and try try try
You gotta get up and try try try

Eh, eh, eh...

So yeah...TRY that GAME and after that, decide whether it was good or bad.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

I will actually play the game to reach an veredict
But the overall IDEA of gta V, I don't know, don't sound THAT good

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:27)
QUOTE (Staten @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 21:21)
Yeah, this is a totally justified reaction to being unable to buy property. sarcasm.gif

Are you f*cking mentally ill or just blind? OP clearly isn't referring to the ability to purchase property you half-wit.

I know exactly what OP means to a certain extent. He right. Rockstar didn't listen to any fans of the game during development other than some sh*tty suggestions for crews.

Back then Rockstar would have, and that's why they sold games and were rolling new titles out every one or two years.

what an EXAGGERATION,it seems you are blaming Rockstar for not listening to YOU and not the fans

not all people wants property

and it seems you ignored most of the good side of the new game and focus on the bad side

can you please be more mature instead of just raging around?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Little William @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 00:47)

V a piece of sh*t?

Isn't the Watch Dogs forum good enough?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Saints Row: The Third was everything people wanted. But it was sh*te.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I don't want no goat. I want a dinosaur!

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:07 PM Edited by Bitches_Brew, 10 November 2012 - 02:11 PM.

QUOTE (Lil ski @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:52)
they risked their asses off almost being outdone by another up and coming "Open worlder" (Sleeping Dogs)

that could never happen. notify.gif i have sleepingdogs and thought it was just OK..... waaaay to short with a bunch of copied and pasted "walls of buildings". the ONLY thing better about sleepingdogs is the hand to hand combat. IMO assassins creed 3 beats sleeping dogs any day in the "open world department".

nothing has came close to GTA.......yet.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

OP, just go away, no one cares about your ridiculous opinions.

GTA 5 will sell 30 million and get 100 on meta critic.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

My God, what HAS this forum become. What a load of bellends we have on here.

Rockstar HAVE listened to the fans and HAVE removed things from IV that people did not like.

Some of our so called fans are just pathetic.

Anyone whose first GTA game was San Andreas is just not worth listening to, and this is coming from an SA fan.

I just don't what to say really.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:02)
QUOTE (Little William @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 00:47)

V a piece of sh*t?

Isn't the Watch Dogs forum good enough?

Not much on there so I come by and visit and found out that I got a lot of friends who share the view as I have about V. I guess they will be joining me soon.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I really hope j.hunt is cool with me doing this. He made a good point i want to share with you all.

in my opinion that GameInformer Preview was focused in what GTAV lacks instead of magnify the best features of the game, i mean, why they needed to mention the lack of features like buying properties or having girlfriends? they emphasized that and talked about the best stuff like if they were only little details lol.

This is how i should of started this topic. I think that pretty much sums up why i'm so negative. Thanks j.hunt

hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

deleted

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

You gave no reasons, cool story bro. Looks like you got but hurt from a magazine that got a DEMO of the game. Go back to COD.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:09)
OP, just go away, no one cares about your ridiculous opinions.

GTA 5 will sell 30 million and get 100 on meta critic.

he is full of sh*t/trolling. lol.gif go back and read his posting history. all he does is talk about what he going to do when he plays it.

he is probably just a upset PC player. monocle.gif

hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:14)
I really hope j.hunt is cool with me doing this. He made a good point i want to share with you all.

in my opinion that GameInformer Preview was focused in what GTAV lacks instead of magnify the best features of the game, i mean, why they needed to mention the lack of features like buying properties or having girlfriends? they emphasized that and talked about the best stuff like if they were only little details lol.

This is how i should of started this topic. I think that pretty much sums up why i'm so negative. Thanks j.hunt

Yeah, but what did you expect? R* left people clueless for a long time, so people imagine their perfect GTA V and of course are disappointed when after a long time it is announced that many of the wished features aren't included...
Despite all that GTA V will sell a sh*tload of copies.

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:04)

You must be kidding?!
SR3 was awesome! I played it through 3 times (once on PC, twice on my 360). On my 360 I played IV through once and never touched it again. On PC I played it through twice, but just because of the mods the great community made! icon14.gif

GlassTheftAuto
  • GlassTheftAuto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I will but GTA V because i want to... Yeah fine Rockstar may not have listened to their fans but so what? This is Rockstar they will always put out quality content, if you don't think that GTFO...

What you gonna do

ROCKSTAR 2013 instead of KONE 2012

Also if the OP is a PC player... Shame on you... i'm a PC gamer maybe not as heavy as you but still, a delay may be there but who gives a rats ass at least your getting the game!

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

My first thought upon seeing the title of this thread.

D-man7
  • D-man7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

The two main problems with GTA4

nothing to do with your money
nothing to do after the story
only urban environment

Well its has been confirmed that there will be a ''fun and varied economy'' and there is plenty of activities to do with more probably unannounced ones and the same dynamic event system from RDR is coming back, . Also there is going to lots of different environments such as dessert mountains and beaches.

So what you say is completely wrong, R* have definitely listened and GTA5 seems is going to be the best GTA ever

From B With Love
  • From B With Love

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

People just don't like change because change means uncertainty. I've played gta since the very first birds eye on pc. Every new game since III the first half an hour or so I feel like I don't like as much as the old one because everything is diffirent and it takes some getting used too. However a few story's in and once you have a feel you quickly realise its the best yet. Sure I would prefer to also have included property buying and greater customisation but there should be no doubt that we are close to having one of the best games of all time in our homes.

One more point to remember every game is a another brick in a continuous wall. We will never have a perfect gta because there is always more that can be done.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (GlassTheftAuto @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:24)

Also if the OP is a PC player... Shame on you... i'm a PC gamer maybe not as heavy as you but still, a delay may be there but who gives a rats ass at least your getting the game![/color]

most of the time it's the PC players complaining about stupid sh*t like this or graphics, ect. they need to stop crying cryani.gif

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:46)
Can people listen to me before freaking out. I'll say it again. The video game industry has change alot since gta iv. casual gamers have forgot all about gta. Sure alot of people will buy it out of nostalgia but alot wont because they hated iv.

Now if you're not a fan of gta this is what you hear. The games in the same place as last time. We play as 3 people and you switch in a very cartoonish way and the games taken a huge step back in believability. Add the fact 3 protags means the story WILL be watered down and you're not left with much reason to buy it.

If your not a fan.

Trust me, casual gamers will buy GTA V just because they saw a shiny GTA V mega-poster on a building in NYC. They will not give a f*ck about who is/are the protagonist(s); casual gamers will buy GTA because they know that GTA is that game that allows you to blow the f*ck out of a ped with a RPG.

D-man7
  • D-man7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (hinti21 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:21)
QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:14)

Yeah, but what did you expect? R* left people clueless for a long time, so people imagine their perfect GTA V and of course are disappointed when after a long time it is announced that many of the wished features aren't included...
Despite all that GTA V will sell a sh*tload of copies.

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:04)

You must be kidding?!
SR3 was awesome! I played it through 3 times (once on PC, twice on my 360). On my 360 I played IV through once and never touched it again. On PC I played it through twice, but just because of the mods the great community made! icon14.gif

saints row 3 was not awesome, the graphics were glitchy, the story lame, and the map and characters were unrealistic and the whole game felt unorganised and it had to much carnage for its own good.

if you like a gta clone on acid and on a permanent rampage mode, then it is the game for you, but in my eyes it does not even come close to GTA4!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users