• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

This thread really proves how many Rockstar Fanboys this subforum is filled with.

Um... this is GTAForums. It's the home for GTA fans. And, by that reasoning, R* fans.

You expect us to be over on the Skyrim forums talking about this?

Ice Cream
  • Ice Cream

Trick

• BUSTED!

What does GOAT stand for?

AdventX
  • AdventX

Rat

• Members

Why dont people understand this easy concept? If you are mature enough to play GTA you should understand that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY ALL THREE CHARS. YOU CAN STICK TO ONE CHAR IF YOU WANT. If you don't like it, dont buy it, but i can be 100% sure that the people complaining will be the ones running to the shops to buy the games once they see the gameplay.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Shut up you ungrateful little whiner. Maybe the lack of property purchasing is a disappointment but they've tried to cram loads of other stuff in the game, and the three protagonists sounds interesting.

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Roman Bellic's brain.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:28)
Shut up you ungrateful little whiner. Maybe the lack of property purchasing is a disappointment but they've tried to cram loads of other stuff in the game, and the three protagonists sounds interesting.

Yay yoga instead of empire building.

archerengelo
  • archerengelo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Lil ski @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:21)
Dafuq is you kids smoking?' get off that sh*t yo!
Listen, I enjoy COD every once in a while like the next person but truth be told; Activision don't give a damn sh*t about their fans! Only the cash the fans dish out. Over the span between GTA 4 and 5 there has been FIVE freakin CODs that came out and all that was added was new guns, new killstreaks and new maps. That's it. f*ck MW3 was so half assed that I thought it was a big MW2 DLC! During that time those games came out, Rockstar have been working hard sitting in their offices for for five freaking years trying to reinnovate and perfect their Legacy of game that put them on the map because they care about their fans so much. You gotta respect that. Hell they even TRIED to put in some of your favorite features from SA but they had to nix it because it just didn't work out with the story or technical complications (technology was much simpler on the PS2)
They know its ballsy but they know what they are doing. You may not like some features of the game..it may not be your beloved San Andreas 2.0 as you wished but they know you are still gonna enjoy the f*ck out of it because Rockstar has never failed us! (The game hasn't even came out yet and this is the first and only news about the game we've heard and it was less than a quarter of info!)

And if you can't accept that, cool....roger... Step the f*ck off! Cancel your pre-orders.......as a matter of fact, return all your GTAs back to Gamestop! It's cool to disagree on somthing but jesus Rockstar deserve at least some respect!

well spoken , soldier

racerxr2
  • racerxr2

Live for speed player

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:27)
QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:23)
The very last thing any company should do is "listen to the fans."

Yeah because C.O.D is such a failure right. It's more popular than gta could ever hope to be in this era. Ps2 era gta was king not anymore.

Of course people on here worship the game but i'm talking about people in the real world. Gta isn't relevent and if they think this games going to be a success their wrong.

Say what you will but if you ever go out in the real world you'll KNOW gta is no longer the household name it used to be. Those days are gone.

Guessing this is ignoring the fact that when it came out in 2008, GTA IV set the record for most sales on release day...
And being one of the most successful games of this current generation of consoles. And GTA V is likely to outsell COD since when IV came out there was about half the number of consoles there are now.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I agree with bobgtafan and the OP: the III era GTAs are the greatest games R*has ever produced. Pity about their biggest pile of sh*t which they call IV and V. It is a end of an era for GTA and R*. Pity.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:29)

Oh boo hoo, Rockstar is still giving you ways to spend your money and build an economy, and Yoga is just a simple little pass-time. You're seriously saying that blowing up stuff with fighter jets, base jumping off mountains, riding quads through forests, participating in jet-skiing and all the rest doesn't sound like fun? Pathetic.

IICCYEYE
  • IICCYEYE

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:27)
QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:23)
The very last thing any company should do is "listen to the fans."

Yeah because C.O.D is such a failure right. It's more popular than gta could ever hope to be in this era. Ps2 era gta was king not anymore.

Of course people on here worship the game but i'm talking about people in the real world. Gta isn't relevent and if they think this games going to be a success their wrong.

Say what you will but if you ever go out in the real world you'll KNOW gta is no longer the household name it used to be. Those days are gone.

Haha are you kidding me, you're clearly at the wrooong forum! Try like Hillary clintons forum or something, at least they Will agree with you.

Gta never gets old, everybody buys the games they release, if Rockstar had a single image of a cookie they would make a success of the game.

Sorry if you live in the past but everything changes, some stuff changes to the worse, some to the better, when this world bring us so few good things like gta V, why do you insist to make it a bad thing, this will be the best GTA release so far, if you like it or not lol.gif

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:29)

Perhaps there's both? Perhaps we only have a bit of information from one preview. Perhaps next week we'll find out you can build an empire.

Not being able to purchase property does not mean not being able to invest in businesses. If these guys, who actually aren't real, are making a lot of dirty money, they'll have to launder it in some way.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

krazy_fool_X
  • krazy_fool_X

Trick

• Members

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:29)

I hate this argument and I see it everywhere.

They didn't cut out empire building for yoga. For starters, yoga is only an activity, rather than a pseudo-side mission. They added yoga because it fits the setting and situation and the story more than empire building. Empire building was never going to be in the game, so comparing it to yoga is erroneous. It's chalk and cheese.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 00:29)

Blowing up sh*t in jets> empire building.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:13)
QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:18)
That's right. I'm calling it now  smile.gif

I know people hate all the San andreas talk but theirs a reason it was the highest selling rockstar game of all time.  No it's not the reason you think.

The reason is simple Rockstar actually listened to their fans back than and they were hungry for success .

Houser didn't have 80 million dollars in his bank account so it forced him to make a game people wanted and he listened to what people wanted.

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now. When people like something give it to them don't change the formula and expect people to care.

reality is going to hit houser hard when he see's games like COD,Skyrim, ect still at the top while his on the way down and he'll have no one to blame but himself. COD as much as i dislike it gives it's fans what they want and the sales reflect that

Hey, remember The Beatles? You may have heard about them... Ofcourse, they're probably not as big a deal as you are to the world...

But, The Beatles started out basically pumping out "love" songs they knew everybody would like and they'd become a huge success. It wasn't until later albums that they thought "hang on, let's write music for our own personal expression and to use our status as a platform to voice the opinions of our generation". So they turned around and started taking their music more seriously and with a real, raw meaning. They became artists as opposed to the poster boy jukeboxes they started as.

Dan Houser and co are going through a similar process of becoming true artists. They talk about game making and the GTA world in artistic terms, so I'm sure they don't give a sh*t what the general Saints Row public want. They're making the game that THEY want to make.

Dear OP.

Please read my above post, and get back to us when you create the highest rated and top selling open world crime sandbox game of all time. I'd love to see what game you're working on making - there better be real estate, multiple cities, and jet packs.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Ice Cream @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:23)

He stands for change we can believe in.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:34)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:13)
QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:18)

I know people hate all the San andreas talk but theirs a reason it was the highest selling rockstar game of all time.  No it's not the reason you think.

The reason is simple Rockstar actually listened to their fans back than and they were hungry for success .

Houser didn't have 80 million dollars in his bank account so it forced him to make a game people wanted and he listened to what people wanted.

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now. When people like something give it to them don't change the formula and expect people to care.

reality is going to hit houser hard when he see's games like COD,Skyrim, ect still at the top while his on the way down and he'll have no one to blame but himself. COD as much as i dislike it gives it's fans what they want and the sales reflect that

Hey, remember The Beatles? You may have heard about them... Ofcourse, they're probably not as big a deal as you are to the world...

But, The Beatles started out basically pumping out "love" songs they knew everybody would like and they'd become a huge success. It wasn't until later albums that they thought "hang on, let's write music for our own personal expression and to use our status as a platform to voice the opinions of our generation". So they turned around and started taking their music more seriously and with a real, raw meaning. They became artists as opposed to the poster boy jukeboxes they started as.

Dan Houser and co are going through a similar process of becoming true artists. They talk about game making and the GTA world in artistic terms, so I'm sure they don't give a sh*t what the general Saints Row public want. They're making the game that THEY want to make.

Dear OP.

Please read my above post, and get back to us when you create the highest rated and top selling open world crime sandbox game of all time. I'd love to see what game you're working on making - there better be real estate, multiple cities, and jet packs.

And steak and fingerless gloves. And bigfoot. And a load of other sh*t that doesn't matter.

I mean, I'd buy it, even if it plays like sh*t. It's got real estate and bigfoot!

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

"So...Are there naked chicas?"

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Little William @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:32)
I agree with bobgtafan and the OP: the III era GTAs are the greatest games R*has ever produced. Pity about their biggest pile of sh*t which they call IV and V. It is a end of an era for GTA and R*. Pity.

V a piece of sh*t?
Idiots. bored.gif suicidal.gif bored.gif I am not going to this time.

Cwave
  • Cwave

Rat

• Members

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:20)
Your assuming that the series had been stagnate during the 3 era at yet it wasn't, at least during the main three games. Anyone who has played GTA 3 vs San Andreas can tell you those two games are nowhere near the same. No the problem is Rockstar went from the themes of San Andreas which was lots of fun, lots of mini games and lots of cities to the gritty realism of GTA IV.

Actually, the point I was trying to get across is that all games in the series (since III, at least) all feature one protagonist. I'm not saying it hasn't worked; it has. But sometimes it's better to take a risk and change the direction of the whole franchise (e.g. introducing three protagonists in the same game instead of one), otherwise it uses the same formula (i.e. play as one character, meet a few other characters, complete missions as the same character, keep the plot the same, etc.). With V, we can control 3 different protagonists. We can complete missions in different ways, which may alter the game's plot. There are certain side missions and activities exclusive to each character. These new gameplay mechanics make 'the change' in the series, which is what I was trying to say in my previous post. If you don't try new things, you'll never know what you're missing out on.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:33)
QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 00:29)

Blowing up sh*t in jets> empire building.

I don't see why people continue to dwell on this one feature that has been out of GTA since this new era began. They can't see everything that has been put IN it. I thought us old timers were whining when airplanes were confirmed to be out of GTAIV but jesus christ this is a whole other level of bitching.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

theres never going to be a GTA game that has everything and pleases the whole fanbase, but this is the closest that we'll get so far. If you can't be happy about it you need to get out more.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

It really does baffle me how people start crying if game companies release the same sh*t, yet rockstar is doing something different and all they get are miserable teens who think they know it all pissing there pants on a forum saying 'RIP GTA'. Rockstar are taking risks, and as a company, we should respect that, it just shows that they got tons of passion for there game and not just about money.

Punkd
  • Punkd

Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking

• Members

you cant judge if gta v is good/you will enjoy playing it or not, since you didnt play the actual game yet..its like saying "fire is hot" when you didnt even try to put ya fingers in it.. -.-

gam3fr3ak93
  • gam3fr3ak93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

OP's post gave me cancer. icon13.gif

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

QUOTE (Complex Synthesis @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:27)
QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 12:18)

You are retard

Love how this guy uses ''Retard'' as if it was OP's first name.

And that's exactly what it is.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

QUOTE (Punkd @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:38)
you cant judge if gta v is good/you will enjoy playing it or not, since you didnt play the actual game yet..its like saying "fire is hot" when you didnt even try to put ya fingers in it.. -.-

Thousands of years of scientific prove that fire is hot. This was a poor analogy.

deli2000
  • deli2000

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:35)
QUOTE (Ice Cream @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:23)

He stands for change we can believe in.

GOAT for president 2016.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Punkd @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:38)

You dont actually have to touch fire to know it's hot...just saying. There are better ways to figure things out lol

Slugsworth
  • Slugsworth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

YOU'RE A GOAT!!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:39)
QUOTE (Punkd @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:38)

Thousands of years of scientific prove that fire is hot. This was a poor analogy.

Ya never know, might be cold one time. Only way to find out is put your hand in the fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users