• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic
roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

That's right. I'm calling it now smile.gif

I know people hate all the San andreas talk but theirs a reason it was the highest selling rockstar game of all time. No it's not the reason you think.

The reason is simple Rockstar actually listened to their fans back than and they were hungry for success .

Houser didn't have 80 million dollars in his bank account so it forced him to make a game people wanted and he listened to what people wanted.

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now. When people like something give it to them don't change the formula and expect people to care.

reality is going to hit houser hard when he see's games like COD,Skyrim, ect still at the top while his on the way down and he'll have no one to blame but himself. COD as much as i dislike it gives it's fans what they want and the sales reflect that

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Ban this kid icon14.gif

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for calling that now, this could be a POAT!

Oh, and please close the door quietly on your way out...

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hahaha I can't wait to read all the responses to this lol.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:18)

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now.

Ever heard of Apple?

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Before this thread kicks off. I want to stress one last time. San andreas was what the fans wanted so it sold millions. COD gives it's fans what it wants so it sells millions.

IV got a mixed reaction because rockstar stopped caring and did whatever they wanted. This multi protags is a perfect example of not listening to you're audience and not giving them what they want.

This will kill the game

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Yeah, this is a totally justified reaction to being unable to buy property. sarcasm.gif

Also, if Rockstar "actually listened to their fans back than", SA would've been a Vice City clone and there would be no CJ or Grove Street Families.

DELETEDUSER
  • DELETEDUSER

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

averyone complains YET THE WILL STILL BUY ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! if not just to bash it more... So cry all you want R* already get ur moneyz!

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

The very last thing any company should do is "listen to the fans."

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (Slo23071987 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:22)
averyone complains YET THE WILL STILL BUY ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! if not just to bash it more... So cry all you want R* already get ur moneyz!

No they don't. This games a joke. I allready know the storyline. Michael snitches on you. You kill michael then you end the game in prison.

This game will focus on ''crime doesn't pay'' so kids can buy it.

Say goodbye to interesting characters and stories. Rockstar want to keep this kids happy these days. They have lost their balls

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

How dare you be this stupid! How dare you!

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:23)

No they don't. This games a joke. I allready know the storyline. Michael snitches on you. You kill michael then you end the game in prison.

This game will focus on crime doesn't pay so kids can buy it.

Kids already buy GTA, as this forum proves.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 04:23)

Say goodbye to interesting characters and stories. Rockstar want to keep this kids happy these days. They have lost their balls

Ok this sh*t is getting annoying. Dont like it dont buy it But dont open a topic to whine.. suicidal.gif

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Your are right! R* are not listening to their fans!! If Rockstar were listening to their fans, they would know what we really want. What we really want, no need, is realistic STEAK. If realistic steak is not in the game, we are not going to buy it and it will be a huge market failure.

Other than the STEAK issue. I am going to call it right now. GTA V will be a huge market success. Mark my words.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 03:23)

Wow dude.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Wow.. I really don't get why so many are thinking this will be a failure just becouse of the whole 3 protagonists thing. This will open up a whole new way of gta, and it seems awesome. And I really loled where you said "atleast cod fans get what they want" the thing there is, cod fans never seems to want anything, since cod always stay the same and cod fans don't complain, and here you and tons of other complain about GTA V introducing a whole new way of playing, which we still don't know so much about.

Have GTA ever failed? No! Will V fail? No!

Complex Synthesis
  • Complex Synthesis

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 12:18)

I know people hate all the San andreas talk but theirs a reason it was the highest selling rockstar game of all time. No it's not the reason you think.

The reason is simple Rockstar actually listened to their fans back than and they were hungry for success .

Houser didn't have 80 million dollars in his bank account so it forced him to make a game people wanted and he listened to what people wanted.

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now. When people like something give it to them don't change the formula and expect people to care.

reality is going to hit houser hard when he see's games like COD,Skyrim, ect still at the top while his on the way down and he'll have no one to blame but himself. COD as much as i dislike it gives it's fans what they want and the sales reflect that

You are retard

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:23)

Yeah because C.O.D is such a failure right. It's more popular than gta could ever hope to be in this era. Ps2 era gta was king not anymore.

Of course people on here worship the game but i'm talking about people in the real world. Gta isn't relevent and if they think this games going to be a success their wrong.

Say what you will but if you ever go out in the real world you'll KNOW gta is no longer the household name it used to be. Those days are gone.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

80,000,000 and these guys still want to make games wow I mean you have to show some respect for that.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

QUOTE (Staten @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 21:21)
Yeah, this is a totally justified reaction to being unable to buy property. sarcasm.gif

Are you f*cking mentally ill or just blind? OP clearly isn't referring to the ability to purchase property you half-wit.

I know exactly what OP means to a certain extent. He right. Rockstar didn't listen to any fans of the game during development other than some sh*tty suggestions for crews.

Back then Rockstar would have, and that's why they sold games and were rolling new titles out every one or two years.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (golf wang @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:26)

Wow dude.

It's true though.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Staten @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 03:27)
QUOTE (golf wang @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:26)

Wow dude.

It's true though.

Why shouldn't a company take any suggestions from fans?

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:28 AM Edited by simonp92, 10 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:23)

You realise this contradicts what you said in the OP right?

Now you're saying R* listens to it's fans and that they havn't got the balls to try something new.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

people are too stupid to know what they want, R* want to do new things and make advances in video game technology . you'll love it when you try it. believe me

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Rockstar wanted to take a risk with GTA V. Like they did with RDR. Whenever its worth it or not is something we will see later. You can tell if it will be successfull or not at this moment.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Do you by any chance work at fox news?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 07:18)
Today, however, instead of listening to what people want, they are telling people what they want.

You are partially correct. Top dogs at R* are treating GTAV as a bit of an art project. Which means it will probably not be the crazy fun that you liked in SA, and GTAV might not be for everybody. It does not, however, make it a bad game or a failure by any means. It will still sell more copies than most AAA games can dream of. People will still enjoy playing it.

But yeah, I'm one of many people who miss what Vice City and San Andreas were doing. And I wish somebody would make a game that is that kind of fun coupled with a good engine and compelling story. Saints Row 2, for all it problems, showed some promise, so I had some hopes for SR3. But it did not deliver. So naturally, we would like GTAV to fill in the gap, but it just isn't that game. Doesn't make it a bad game.

P.S. I fixed up your grammar in that quote. No offense, but it was painful to look at.

martinhj
  • martinhj

GTA V !!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 12:21)

today however instead of listening to what people want. Their telling people what they want. This has never worked before in human history and it wont work now.

Ever heard of Apple?

This !

PedroA117
  • PedroA117

Obvious awesome is obvious

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Oh FFS ban this idiot.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 13:23)

This. There is a company though that listens to a certain group of GTA fans: They're called Volition and they make Saints Row.

Although R* do listen to their fans somewhat. Think of the Steak Easter eggs in GTAIV after that 2007 "I want steak in GTA IV" topic (and yeah, I know there's one for GTAV, as well).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users