Photo

Transportation In Grand Theft Auto V

41 replies to this topic
Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

We have once saw on the newswire that Grand Theft Auto V will feature transportation, however Rockstar have said that it will include of cars, bikes, and aircraft. In Grand Theft Auto V's debut trailer we saw electrical overheads, which are used for light-rails. Since Grand Theft Auto V will take place in a modern day Los Angeles (in-game Los Santos), which has public transportation like buses, subways, taxi's, and light-rails. Why haven't Rockstar showed more of it in GTAV's Game Informer cover issue? Do you think Rockstar will show more of it in trailer 2? I almost forgot that Game Informer's cover issue said something along the lines of ''people waiting along the bus stop''.

Please feel free to lock if necessary! smile.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

We'll probably see glimpses of it.

Hammertime12
  • Hammertime12

Let's Bounce!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I hope. That is one thing I wanted for a long time. A full fledged mass transit system. sly.gif

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

They have taxi's for sure. But tbh of all the things they didn't talk about (car customization and gun attachments for example) this worries me the least lol. As long as there are taxi's i'm ok. Yeah they talked about peds waiting for the bus, so it would be silly if buses wouldn't make it in.

fiftyyy
  • fiftyyy

Mr Sociopath

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Doenst LA public suck big time? I wouldnt expect much on that part.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well they mentioned about the workers waiting for the buses (and no it wasn't real life they clearly stated Los Santos environment), although in GTAIV there were no actual active buses they were parked. But maybe this time they do it different.

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

It would be cool if they could go back to a GTA 2 idea.

Have transit buses that run set routes and that actually picks up and drops off passengers.

They also had a subway system that peds would get onto and get off of at different stops.

They also hailed cabs.

GTA4 lacked all of these features.

From what I've read in GI, it's said that peds would wait for transit and then later in the day you could see them working in the gardens of mansions, etc.

So I'm curious as to whether this means that transit will actually be useable by the NPCs.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

LSPD - Rooftop Bastard

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

I was disappointed in IV where the only buses I saw were parked and not being driven on routes around Liberty City. I hope this is improved.

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (fiftyyy @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 10:34)

Well, there's little rail based transport, so I'd expect buses to be in the game.

herounderfireza
  • herounderfireza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

One thing that really impressed me was the way peds will go on with their own lives. People will wait at the bus stop early in the morning, and then take the bus to work. Later on in the day you will be able to see them work in the gardens of Rockford Hills or whatever. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I'm going to follow a worker on the bus to his/her work, just to see how they make that journey.

I wonder if we will also be able to ride on the bus? Like in RDR we could ride on the train.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (fiftyyy @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 23:34)

Los Angeles is usually famous for its mass transit system, which is why I believe Rockstar should include it.

GTA Fiend
  • GTA Fiend

Original Gangster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (herounderfireza @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 00:33)
One thing that really impressed me was the way peds will go on with their own lives. People will wait at the bus stop early in the morning, and then take the bus to work. Later on in the day you will be able to see them work in the gardens of Rockford Hills or whatever. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I'm going to follow a worker on the bus to his/her work, just to see how they make that journey.

I wonder if we will also be able to ride on the bus? Like in RDR we could ride on the train.

One of the most disappointing things about GTAIV was the fact that the NPCs really weren't headed anywhere. They were basically walking in circles. Hopefully in GTAV they have actual destinations (to school, work, the store, etc).

I wanna follow some nice lady home from work and "introduce" myself to her. rolleyes.gif

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

i dont know is it me,but i REALLY want a real time internal transportation feature in this game,which means if i step in the train,instead of just showing me the training running,i would hope i can control my character inside the train,such as walking,punching,shooting,taking a pictere

Stripes1981
  • Stripes1981

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

I wanna be able to ride buses, trains and subways very badly. I think it is the little things like these in GTA games that is one
of the reasons why I love them soo much

Garganda
  • Garganda

Cockslapper

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:18 AM Edited by Garganda, 10 November 2012 - 06:28 AM.

I would like to see more buses on the road, they were always parked in IV but rarely driving around. It would be cool to see them pull over and pick people up/let people out

Forestroad08
  • Forestroad08

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

1) We Should Be Able To Drive Buses And Transport Passengers In Different Areas (Not Only In The City But There Should Be Like A Coach Bus To Transport Them In Other Smaller Towns And Country Areas)

2) Same Goes For Cab Driver

3) Private Jet Pilot (For Sightseeing Or Transporting Passengers/Celebrities), Smuggling Drugs, Ammo Etc Side Missions In Free Roam

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'm really excited for what Rockstar could do with the Expo line in Los Angeles! sly.gif

Signal1
  • Signal1

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

You wont need public transport. You can fly in GTA V, change character and you will fly well above the outer limits of space, then zoom back into a different character in a different location.

Public transport is now useless.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Signal1 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 12:44)
You wont need public transport. You can fly in GTA V, change character and you will fly well above the outer limits of space, then zoom back into a different character in a different location.

Public transport is now useless.

You can do that for Grand Theft Auto V yourself! Most people want transportation in the game so that it can add to the realism of it! Since Los Santos is now modernized, why wouldn't you add transportation into a game that is based off a city that mainly uses nothing but buses, trains, cars/taxi's, light-rails, commuter-rails, etc?!

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I would love to ride a bus across the city/countryside and just watch the scenery. cool.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

At this point, I really don't see R* adding buses, controllable trains, public transportation systems or it would've been touched on a little bit in trailer 1 or G.I.. It's looking like IV.2 boys.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

There would be some scenes showing the transportation details in the second trailer 2!!! cool.gif

user posted image

Isn't that a railway track?

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (sivaG @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 15:31)
There would be some scenes showing the transportation details in the second trailer 2!!! cool.gif

user posted image

Isn't that a railway track?

No its a Lifted Highway

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 14:33)

No its a Lifted Highway

Thanks for the reply! smile.gif
Actually,I had the doubt whether it is an elevated highway or a railway track.Thank you for clearing that up! smile.gif

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I never rode on a train. Why the f*ck would I want to sit on a boring train when I could steal a f*cking car?
The only cool thing about trains is when you escape wanted level.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:10)
I never rode on a train. Why the f*ck would I want to sit on a boring train when I could steal a f*cking car?

It's not about that, it's about being able to drive the train. Maybe stop and load stuff onto it, or do a couple missions involving it instead of chasing the damn thing. Then, we want to derail that mother and watch the sparks fly. You know, like in San An.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 17:20)
QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 11:10)

It's not about that, it's about being able to drive the train. Maybe stop and load stuff onto it, or do a couple missions involving it instead of chasing the damn thing. Then, we want to derail that mother and watch the sparks fly. You know, like in San An.

Okay then. That was fun tounge.gif

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

If It was London I would understand. But Public transport isnt Los Angeles strong point!

webbm1
  • webbm1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Would love trains, even if you wouldn't use it often, its great to know you have the choice and its there if you do fancy it.

mediocore
  • mediocore

This is the last dance for mister Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Is that a canoe?! (I swear I haven't edited this image at all)

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users