World War Z

34 replies to this topic
Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:25 PM Edited by Toke, 26 May 2013 - 07:33 PM.

user posted image

Trailer #1

Trailer #2

"A U.N. employee is racing against time and fate, as he travels the world trying to stop the outbreak of a deadly Zombie pandemic."
-Courtesy of imdb

"Fans will recall that the film wound up in the spotlight during its production when it had to undergo reshoots and, reportedly, required its ending to be rewritten by Damon Lindelof (Star Trek Into Darkness, Lost). But any troubles World War Z faced behind the scenes aren't readily apparent in the final product. It's not a perfect movie, but it is often intense and engrossing, and the crowd at the screening last night really seemed to dig it (special thanks must go to the girl sitting behind me, or kicked my seat and screamed every time a zombie popped out!)."
-Scott Collura of IGN who was among those who got to see a extremely early premier of the movie

I am excited about this, the trailer makes it looks somewhat promising. A tad disappointed that they're not doing multiple character viewpoints as was done in the book but overall It looks like this may be a good one.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Looks alright.

Was impressed at how much it didn't look like Glasgow until I saw George Square. tounge.gif

Kyle17
  • Kyle17

The hero Vice City needs, but not the one it wants.

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm not usually one of those "The book was better" kind of guys, but after watching the trailer...

F*ck this movie, I'll stick with the book. This movie just looks like complete ass.

As my friend Patrick put it:
"What's all that nonsense about zombies as an inevitable, slow-moving environmental force which reveals hidden truths about human attributes in the plague's survivors? Just have them run at a hundred miles an hour like they're doing a 100-meter mosh pit dash!"

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 23:13)
Looks alright.

Was impressed at how much it didn't look like Glasgow until I saw George Square. tounge.gif

Same here man, was just waiting for some obvious giveaways haha.

I remember when they were filming this, I was convinced that Glasgow could never look like an American city. I remain convinced.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Straznicy @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 21:58)
QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 23:13)
Looks alright.

Same here man, was just waiting for some obvious giveaways haha.

I remember when they were filming this, I was convinced that Glasgow could never look like an American city. I remain convinced.

I dunno about that. Some parts of Glasgow and Edinburgh resemble parts of NYC. I know the Glesga scenes are supposed to be Philadelphia, but I don't know much about that city.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Looks pretty cool to me, maybe it will help Brad redeem himself for doing that extremely douchey cologne ad that got goofed on by half the world. I like how the zombies crawl all over each other, very creepy looking.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

I almost made the topic for this but found it on Page 5 blush.gif

I'm sure I'll still watch this.. just for the entertainment value but because it has Brad Pitt, I'm not so sure about it's WOW! factor. I don't find him as a great actor and just him alone brings the movie down acouple marks.

Also, is it just me but why in the hell does it look like the "zombies" have super speed or something? Also, the CGI looks like it might hurt this movie ALOT..

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

This is reminding me of that horrible movie "2012"; IE: Using the same sort of scene over and over, in "2012" it was them escaping from disaster just in the nick of time, over and over and over. Volcano erupts, Oh look, they just escaped before it destroyed their aeroplane missing by centimetres, oh look, their campervan just made it over that massive opening crevice, oh! They just made it into their massive boat in time.

This one seems to be over-using the hoardes of Zombies charging and getting slaughtered over and over, It was in the trailer 5 times that I could count, and i'm a bit sad that Brad Pitt has stepped into the role, I thought Zombie films were all about sh*t actors.

I do like how they aren't your typical Zombies, but in saying that, what reason do they have to eat humans instead of other Zombies if they both seem to be as "fresh"?

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

its gonna be like that Troy movie I bet - Hollywood got their hands all over it

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by finn4life, 05 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 11:36)
its gonna be like that Troy movie I bet - Hollywood got their hands all over it

What is wrong with you? You make no sense at all.

Could you please rephrase that and explain how Troy is somehow related to a cheesy looking Zombie film? I am really confused.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

this movie will be good. normal zombies are slow and dumb. the ones in these seem human like, but faster. more actions.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 22:46)
this movie will be good. normal zombies are slow and dumb. the ones in these seem human like, but faster. more actions.

Sure the zombies being fast is great, but like I said, it just looks repetitive as f*ck.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Kyle17 @ Saturday, Nov 10 2012, 06:46)
I'm not usually one of those "The book was better" kind of guys, but after watching the trailer...

F*ck this movie, I'll stick with the book. This movie just looks like complete ass.

As my friend Patrick put it:
"What's all that nonsense about zombies as an inevitable, slow-moving environmental force which reveals hidden truths about human attributes in the plague's survivors? Just have them run at a hundred miles an hour like they're doing a 100-meter mosh pit dash!"

I'm currently reading the book, and I'm not personally liking it. There's so much politics...
But yeah, the movie will be sh*t if you compare it to the book, I have no idea how a book like this could be pictured in a movie, there's so many different characters from all around the world.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

These "zombies" don't look very dead to me, but then again, they are moving so fast... Anybody got a pic of one of the zombies? I like the original slow zombies better than these...
They don't know what caused it right?

To bad it is with Brad Pitt, I don't like that guy. So douchy and pretentious.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Actually apparently the zombies are a mix of slow and fast type. Not sure how this is going to work on screen though.

QUOTE (IGN)
As for the zombies themselves, despite what we've seen in the ads, they're actually a mix of the fast, running type of ghoul and the slow, shambling, classic Romero variety.

http://www.ign.com/a...ld-war-z-review

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Toke @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 02:35)
Not sure how this is going to work on screen though.

Me neither. I am probably not gonna watch it in the theater...

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

hollywood (producers\suits\moneymen) messes up movies all the time. prometheus was supposed to be an aliens sequel until the illuminati and their agents stuck their hands completely in it to make one of their public service announcements and confused everyone. most anyone currently on top in the entertainment world is heavily affiliated with tptb. i won't see it, but that's because i won't see any american movies this year and put money in their pockets. nearly every movie released this year seems like illuminati propaganda to me. it makes me sad to think that this might be the last year for the world as it is

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie biggrin.gif

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 02:26)

hollywood (producers\suits\moneymen) messes up movies all the time. prometheus was supposed to be an aliens sequel until the illuminati and their agents stuck their hands completely in it to make one of their public service announcements and confused everyone. most anyone currently on top in the entertainment world is heavily affiliated with tptb. i won't see it, but that's because i won't see any american movies this year and put money in their pockets. nearly every movie released this year seems like illuminati propaganda to me. it makes me sad to think that this might be the last year for the world as it is

Illuminati ? Seriously, dude,seriously ? What's that got do with the fact that the movie simply wasn't very good ? It was Fox's fault for not letting Ridley Scott making the movie R rated and then he turned around and changed the script almost completely to the point the movie wasn't even a prequel to Alien anymore .

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

they did the same thing with eyes wide shut also. but i am not discounting the fact that your tag says "snitch"... you may just be one of their sockpuppets that browses on-line forums looking for mention of the illuminati to pounce on and try to discredit\disavow their existence. i just look at facts and occurrences and draw my conclusions. You yourself said it was FOX's fault.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 20:27)
they did the same thing with eyes wide shut also. but i am not discounting the fact that your tag says "snitch"... you may just be one of their sockpuppets that browses on-line forums looking for mention of the illuminati to pounce on and try to discredit\disavow their existence. i just look at facts and occurrences and draw my conclusions. You yourself said it was FOX's fault.

Lol, ok dude, continue living in your own fantasy ! That's if you're not trolling, cause if you're not then you may need to search for mental help .

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Somebody can't accept that a film they were really anticipating just straight up sucked can they?

Also, I'd like to know how many movies you do see if you don't want any money going to into the pockets of American based companies.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (I So Brink @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:25)

Somebody can't accept that a film they were really anticipating just straight up sucked can they?

Also, I'd like to know how many movies you do see if you don't want any money going to into the pockets of American based companies.

Well to be fair , there are ways of watching movies without paying, if you know what i mean ! monocle.gif

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

saw it this weekend. a really good movie. i recommend it.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by I So Brink, 24 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Caught this last night. I don't really have any opinions on it that are too strong really. I expected it to be a bit of a mess after the troubled production process this film went through but it wasn't too worse off for it.

As I expected, it's really not a horror film but closer to action instead. There are a couple of tense scenes near the start when it's first kicking off. There's a good sense of claustrophobia and it's tense but, and I can't put my finger on why exactly, but the tension doesn't create the fear of a horror film. That sort of feeling returns towards the end after The Brad Pitt World Destruction Power Hour™. The film kind of trails off at the end though, very quickly too. It just felt to me like we reached a plot point where it was like "Okay, that last plot point has finished, now what do we do next?" except instead of doing something next the film just kind of ends in a montage. it's a shame too because the few scenes leading up to the ending are some of the best.

Visually, there are some great things going on in WWZ though. Oddly enough, the things that stick out to me weren't actually the spectacle of the set pieces (where you have zombies acting more like a torrent of water than people). It was just some of the choices for shots. Pretty much everything in the (location spoilers) South Korea section was great. When the team are disembarking the plane in the downpour and you can only see about 20 feet, it was just beautiful. Later, when Gerry and the soldier reach (location spoiler) Wales, there's a fantastic job done by the team to get the essence of Britain into just a few moments of screentime. There's one moment where all you can see the two of them and a broken old fence and some trees but if you're from here you just know it's the UK.

So yeah, it's not great by any means but it's not the worst zombie film I've seen by a mile. I've only read the precursor book, but there's some nice nods to that (e.g. bikes being one of the best transport options) and that was nice to see.

stroud458
  • stroud458

AH-Avatars Founder

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

I wrote an article about the difference between the Book and the Film. I think you guys would like it.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Just saw this tonight. I really liked it. Different to most zombie movies which typically convery blood & guts.

My favourite part was the research facility. The slow movements they took to get around the zombies reminded of the tense moments in The Last Of Us .

Never read the book, but I'm a fan of the zombie genre so I had to see it. smile.gif

stroud458
  • stroud458

AH-Avatars Founder

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I wrote a comparison between the Book and the Film. I think you guys will like it.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is this movie blu ray purchase worthy? Haven't seen it.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is this movie blu ray purchase worthy? Haven't seen it.

Well I loved the movie, so it was a no brainer for me, I had to buy it. One of the best zombie movies I've seen (although it's not gory at all). Some people love it, others not so much, so it's all up to you...

Best parts for me personally was Israel and the plane, but I enjoyed the whole movie and I'm really looking forward to the sequel

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users