» «
Photo

Wanted System Redesign?

3 replies to this topic
Dreql
  • Dreql

Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:33 AM Edited by Dreql, 09 November 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Hello all! With all this news that has finally been released and many topics have opened it has definitely been a hectic day that has either made you extremely happy with R*'s "Bold, New Direction", extremely upset or those that are still undecided. Many topics have been expanded and thoroughly talked about and seen in every angle possible, a lot of topics except for one key aspect that has made the GTA series what it is today.
What I am talking about of course is the Wanted system! How do you think it will work this time? If we commit a crime as one surely they wouldn't let us just quickly switch to another to avoid the police, right? Would they disable the switching button until we escape the police? A funny but unlikely thought would be that we can switch and you can use who you just switched to and assist who you previously had control over to deal with the cops! But what are your thoughts or ideas of how R* is going to pull this off?

As a side note to not create an overabundance of topics for such a simple question that I do not believe have seen answered as a group. Would you rather have the typical GTA style changing of the weapons where you cycle through the weapons as life continues around you or Red Dead style Weapon Wheel where it pauses the game as you choose? I like both styles and honestly I would like to have the weapon wheel because I feel like it is slightly faster but I have no preference really. I also just realized another minor topic would be the targeting reticule. Would you like to keep the same ones or do you have a better idea or one you would like to see implemented? I used (I think this is what it's called) Simple, with just the dot, not the one that showed health of our targets, along with free mode, not auto-target. Just would like to hear thoughts and opinions!

The paragraph below pertains to the events of today and not the topics above but I do want to encourage you to take a few minutes to read this, it is not a rant, just want to let R* know we care. We are fans.----------------------------------------------

If you have a couple minutes here is a note (not a rant) we should all remember, whether today was as you expected or not:

I am glad that we have finally had an exuberant amount of news and it has rustled some jimmies and made many happy. Keep comments civil and remember we are a community, not everyone thinks like you and your way isn't the only way to think or create an opinion. Let's celebrate today and the upcoming week and speculate instead of fight. Don't forget all the employees that worked and are currently working extremely hard just so we can get our entertainment. This is a what 5-6 year project? I mean even if you love your job it can get tiring. We have at least 6 more months until release. Keep judgment and drawing conclusions minimal until release. R* does want to make you and I happy, even if they don't include everything we wanted. We can't demand, they have the say over their games and they listened to us gripe over minor issues in IV and they have pushed their teams to the limits as well as our consoles and eventually PCs wink.gif seriously though I do feel bad for the PC gamers. Sorry this wasn't a rant. I just wanted to put things into perspective for some of us. Just because the internet offers us anonymity doesn't mean we should treat each other like crap. This isn't a paragraph I wrote so I, or one of you, could be smug and feel better than someone else, it's about being lucky to actually have info, info that we have waited for.Let's be thankful to be alive, to see this video game we have come together under a forum banner to discuss and express shared interests.This young man didn't get to. This links to a 1:00 min video on youtuve Put things in another perspective. We love GTA lets act like fans that care and are grateful for the hard work. We all are looking forward to the game! Alright! It's meaningful discussion time!

Kasexiong
  • Kasexiong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Honestly? I would want the police not to know where I am when they CANT even see me! I was like a NINJA in Gta IV but always get back shot by a police behind me. *sigh* But YEAH! Good times, hope they improve it so the cops have to see you first to search for you. I am very EXCITED for this game GOSH! Fan since the beginning!

Dreql
  • Dreql

Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 AM Edited by Dreql, 09 November 2012 - 06:31 AM.

QUOTE (Kasexiong @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 04:50)
Honestly? I would want the police not to know where I am when they CANT even see me! I was like a NINJA in Gta IV but always get back shot by a police behind me. *sigh* But YEAH! Good times, hope they improve it so the cops have to see you first to search for you. I am very EXCITED for this game GOSH! Fan since the beginning!

You bring up another good issue! That did always grind my gears. They didn't see you commit the crime but when they saw you they automatically knew you were the criminal, or you fire a shot and instant 1 star. Reaction typically was me patiently waiting for the cops to show like so: dozingoff.gif eventually it turning into : anuj_cop.gif and eventually a fun shootout in the hospital happy.gif ! All because they racially profiled me sad.gif

Dreql
  • Dreql

Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

New day, fresh thoughts! Sorry about the double post, the front page didn't have many new topics so I wanted to refresh mine to stir up discussion about a topic that hasn't been discussed as much. So now that we have had a longer time to let what was released sink in, any ideas on how the Wanted System could or how you think it should work? Which weapon selection is better? RDR weapon wheel, or classic cycle through them all as we have in all GTAs? Or an entirely new way?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users