Photo

Project "Rush" leak confirmed?

36 replies to this topic
Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:26 PM Edited by DE4TH, 09 November 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Back in March 2011 there was a project code-named "Rush" which caused a lot of speculation because the info seamed GTA-esque.

Link

What stood out to me was:

Kevin De Silva:
18 - Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan:
42-52 years old - Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

Nervous Jerry:
48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

These characters are all described in the GI article with different (probably beta) names and ages:

Kevin = Jimmy

Harut = Armenian car dealer (Franklin's boss)

Nervous Jerry = Trevor's conspiracy friend (I'm guessing Trevor used to be Simon)

Some other characters like Mitch Hayes come to mind with the mention of the FIB giving the protags missions.
What do you think?

GTAVGI
  • GTAVGI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Interesting...

Majestic123
  • Majestic123

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Other than name changes everything seems spot on

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

LSPD - Rooftop Bastard

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Also, there was a thing about switching protagonist with the back button, but everyone refused to believe it. Can't remember if it was the RUSH leak or a more recent one.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (TyphoonJames @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:45)
Also, there was a thing about switching protagonist with the back button, but everyone refused to believe it. Can't remember if it was the RUSH leak or a more recent one.

It was a more recent one but I think Andy from GI said it was fake.

Steadying
  • Steadying

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm hoping that's not true, 'cause if I'm remembering it correctly, that " leak " also included a major spoiler

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Mitch Hayes could be the FIB witness protection guy connected to Michael.

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

I think Rockstar renamed the characters after leaks.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Interdasting.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Trevor's friend, the 40something paranoid guy is also in the casting, which is a dead giveaway.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Definitely interesting - good spot!

If true then it would seem clear that "Rush" was indeed simply the GTAV codename. Now to debunk "Agent" biggrin.gif

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

the weed smoking kid was the first thing that cought my eye when reading the article

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM Edited by GrandMaster Smith, 09 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:57 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 09 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

http://www.openbookc...23150454678.pdf

Page 14

The full descriptive list.
Edit: This is the additional characters list. Interesting.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM Edited by Reiji, 09 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

Tae Wong 39 – somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

I'm guessing it's this guy.
user posted image

Really interested on R* pulling this one off. :3

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:04 AM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 09 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=500882

•Mitch Hayes:
38 - Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

•Miguel Gonzalez:
25 Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

•Clyde:
23 - Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy 'it's only incest sort of way'

•Brother Adam:
Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher - 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

•Mrs Avery:
Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.

•Mrs Bell:
Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.

•Eddie:
47 - Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties. White, awkward.

•Ira Bernstein:
56 - publicist for an actress known as America's newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He's always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

•Kevin De Silva:
18 - Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

•Harut Vartanyan:
42-52 years old - Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

•Nervous Jerry:
48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

•Calvin North:
55 - clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows - whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false - but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

•Jerry Cole:
53 - disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

•Rich Roberts:
English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work - the only problem is he can't quite read the words.

•Alex:
white 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.

•Scarlet:
45-52 years old - unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.

•Chad:
29 - pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

•Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

•Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

This looks more like a crazy California sitcom than GTA but yea they do look similar to our new information.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

The "Jerry" one mentions a character called Simon, which isn't there. I guess Jerry is Trevor's friend. And Trevor used to be either Clyde or Simon?

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Trevor is Simon since he lives in the sticks and Jerry seems to be scared of him, judging what we now know about trevor it makes perfect sense that he would intimidate Jerry.

Patrick McReary
  • Patrick McReary

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

This stands out too:
Nervous Jerry: 48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

One of the descriptions of Trevor friend in the magazine:
Ron is Trevor's best buddy, as much as Trevor can have a buddy. A paranoid conspiracy theorist who lives next to Trevor in a neighboring trailer, and he's completely terrified that he's got to spend time with Trevor.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Reiji @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:01)
Tae Wong 39 – somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

user posted image

No, that's Franklin. (Red car guy.)

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Patrick McReary @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:15)
This stands out too:
Nervous Jerry: 48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

One of the descriptions of Trevor friend in the magazine:
Ron is Trevor's friend, who he lives right next to in their trailer park, and he's completely terrified and paranoid that he's got to spend time with Trevor.

Too bad they changed Jerry's name. I'd just hope it would be the same Jerry who got the diamonds in GTA IV.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

Trevor is Simon.... that gets to the same point, and used the same wordage as GI's part on trevor and his freind.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I didn't see you had created a topic before creating my own. I made pretty much the same observations but as blakeney said Simon is definitely Trevor.

Here are my other thoughts posted in my own topic:

Franklin's psuedenom does not appear anywhere in the casting call which leads me to believe that his close friends were hired through a different casting call. Although the Game Informer preview pretty much confirms the legitimacy of the casting call (by the similarity of the characters it mentions and those in the casting call) it only mentions a hand full of supporting characters leaving most of the characters roles ambiguous, however it can be assumed that Mrs. Bell, Chad and Mrs. Avery are Michael's neighbours but how they will factor into his story is unclear. Clyde will likely be connected to Trevor in some way as will some of the other hippy types and junkies mentioned. The FIB are mentioned a few times in the article but no specifics are given so it's unclear how Mitch, Miguel and Calvin will fit into the story.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:16)

user posted image

I'm talking about the guy he's shooting at.

Pickle117
  • Pickle117

Busta, straight busta.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Reiji @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:01)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:16)

user posted image

I'm talking about the guy he's shooting at.

That could be anyone, maybe the owner of a car needing repossessed. Repo side missions would be the sh*t, I love car chases.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Apologies for bumping this old topic but it seems to be the only one on the subject. There's now no doubt that this casting call was legit and I think it's really interesting that we now know the in game identities of almost all of the characters. Here's a list of all of the known characters:

Mitch Hayes (Possibly Steve Haines):
38 - Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

Clyde (called Floyd in game):
23 - Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy 'it's only incest sort of way'

Brother Adam (likely Fabien LaRouche in game) :
Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher - 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

Eddie:
47 - Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties. White, awkward.

Ira Bernstein (likely Lacey Jonas's publicist):
56 - publicist for an actress known as America's newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He's always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

Kevin De Silva (Called Jimmy in game):
18 - Albert's (Micheal's) fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan (Franklin's Boss, Called Simeon Yetarian in game):

Nervous Jerry (Called Ron in game):
48 - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon (Trevor).

Calvin North (also possibly Steve Haines):
55 - clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows - whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false - but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

Jerry Cole (called Lester in game):
53 - disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

Tae Wong (called Tao in game):
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

Although we still don't know about one third of the characters so there's still a few suprises yet to be uncovered which is good.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

I suspect the rockstar used code names for the characters knowing the the information would be going out in to the public domain. Once the cast members were chosen they would be given there real names and scripts once they had signed on the dotted line and sworn to secrecy.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yea definitely legit. The just used fake names and relationships. Its definitely real.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by Apex Predator, 11 June 2014 - 10:36 PM.

--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users