Photo

GTA V Game Informer Preview

744 replies to this topic
GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:43)
QUOTE (GamerToons @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:41)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:39)
It's interesting that Rockstar picked two similarly aged white guys and a young hispanic/black guy as protagonists again.. I thought after GTA IV they would be more varied with their choice of leading characters but obviously not.  bored.gif

A crazy redneck, smart rich guy and a young black cool kid are pretty 3 diverse characters and we get to control all three!

Well Johnny was kind of a Redneck and Franklin's personality reads really similarly to Luis's. They're different from one another but very similar to the last batch of characters in my opinion.

K I see your point up front as far as what we can tell, but I'm sure when we play it the characters will be fresh and their own, like previous games.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Guys,

Do you think this also means the map is open from the beginning?

You can swap into all three and tbh it sounds like all the characters live pretty far from eachother.

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

This is absolutely amazing, a bit disappointed hairstyle customization wasn't implemented in the game though.

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Guys,

You can swap into all three and tbh it sounds like all the characters live pretty far from eachother.

Well, I do believe that in the GI preview they said that the three characters don't live near one another. So you may be right! biggrin.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I like the Audi.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (matt_be @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:54)
Guys,

Well, I do believe that in the GI preview they said that the three characters don't live near one another. So you may be right! biggrin.gif

Not only that but they also said Trevor is an ex-military pilot with early access to planes so it looks like you can go anywhere you want pretty early on.

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

I didn't understand the gym thing. In the article they say there is a gym. But, can you use it?

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (tator1 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:16)
leaked characters in march 2012

http://www.gtaforums...opic=504969&hl=

Why can't I access this topic?

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:54)
I like the Audi.

I find is odd that the car has the Audi logo. They've called it the 9F. The same goes for the new comet actually. The badge on the back looks distinctly like the Porsche badge.

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

QUOTE (UnderWeb @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:56)
I didn't understand the gym thing. In the article they say there is a gym. But, can you use it?

No, I guess you can maybe attack people with the weights or something. Seems a bit of a waste.

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

I dont think that was ever answered. But from them saying that the rpg elements from san andreas are gone im pretty sure we wont be able to use them

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

All good news here. Looking forward to trailer 2. tounge2.gif

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

QUOTE (Hayze @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:56)
QUOTE (matt_be @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:54)
Guys,

Not only that but they also said Trevor is an ex-military pilot with early access to planes so it looks like you can go anywhere you want pretty early on.

Nice. I was never a fan of parts of the city being locked out. I'm going to play the game anyways and like to explore.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Well, it won't have the effect that gyms had in SA, but I can see it being a mini-game. The reward will probably be more powerful melee attacks.

joshkinny
  • joshkinny

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

the audi sign is two pairs of boobs next to eachother I believe (,)(,)(,)(,)

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Staten @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:47)
It's interesting that Rockstar picked two similarly aged white guys and a young hispanic/black guy as protagonists again.. I thought after GTA IV they would be more varied with their choice of leading characters but obviously not.  bored.gif

A crazy redneck, smart rich guy and a young black cool kid are pretty 3 diverse characters and we get to control all three!

Well Johnny was kind of a Redneck and Franklin's personality reads really similarly to Luis's. They're different from one another but very similar to the last batch of characters in my opinion.

You mean Niko the American-born family man who was in a FIB protection program?

Obviously Michael and Niko aren't similar smartass but one of the protagonists in both games is the same race and age group as them and both are relatively new to the city (Niko is an illegal immigrant and Micheal is a Federal witness from outside of Los Santos).

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I am completely blown away. Not by the GI article as such, it was a little more unhelpful than I anticipated, but by the sheer confirmation of multiple protagonists and how it all works. I had a feeling it would be legit in the end, but now that it is, it's doing my head in working out how the mission structure will play out etc. I'm excited more than ever for the game just because I'm curious about this fresh and new move they're making. I thought that old protagonist/linear storyline thing was getting stale.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

They didn't say anything about whether you can use it or not. In two separate parts they just said that there is a gym and that there will be no getting fat or getting toned in regards to character customisation, so maybe you can use the gym but it has no benefits.

stuchu
  • stuchu

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:19)
http://gtavaction.wordpress.com/

SWAG

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Let me get this straight, will we need to play as a 3 characters to complete one mission? I'm confused because it says all 3 characters have different story arcs but people have been saying we need to play as all 3 to do one mission. Someone please clear this up for me.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Is it just mentor does it kinda feel like they talked more about what won't be in the game rather than what will.

I wanna know more about dogs, weapons, and interiors

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:00)
QUOTE (Staten @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:47)

You mean Niko the American-born family man who was in a FIB protection program?

Obviously Michael and Niko aren't similar smartass but one of the protagonists in both games is the same race and age group as them and both are relatively new to the city (Niko is an illegal immigrant and Micheal is a Federal witness from outside of Los Santos).

But Niko is 30 and Michael is in his 40s. Also, all GTA protags are new in town or haven't been there for some years before the game starts.

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Come on, guys. Having such a huge map with that kind of quality into the environement, cars, pedestrians, sh*t on the street in general, is just f*cking amazing. Let alone run that on hardware that's like 7.5 years old. You know what 7.5 years old is? That's in late 2005 for the Xbox 360 release (push back the hardware to nearly a year - that's 8 - if you count the time it took the devs to assemble the hardware). Props to Rockstar for making such a huge, detailed game work like that. Just appreciate for a minute, you whiny cawks (it's a sort of a hawk).

GreatestEver23
  • GreatestEver23

So you think you can tell, heaven from hell?

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM Edited by GreatestEver23, 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM.

I think we will get a lot of our questions answered later this month. Game Informer only are basing their cover story off of the demo they saw which was only really around downtown Los Santos, they didnt see too much of the country side.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

So awesome. I am going to play as Trevor, except I won't fly planes initially to repeat the original SA's experience.

Very clever of R★ to let people choose a protagonist they like.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

One thing I don't get; everyone is saying a there is a military base but I haven't seen any proof, have I missed a screenshot somewhere? I've seen all the ones in the first post. Maybe I'm blind..?

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

At first I was skeptical. I still am because what happens when you almost die? You can just switch? It is strange but I like it. Change is what we needed.

BUT! Rule number one: Dont fix if it aint broke. <

Jeez to much to contain

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I can't wait for the multiplayer reveal. Hopefully its an extension and improvement of what Red Dead did. Also an improved cops n crooks style would be great like missions like bank heists and sh*t.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Crewnordin @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:06)
What happens when you almost die? You can just switch?

Not if you're on missions (unless all three are involved, but that's not going to help).

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:05)
So awesome. I am going to play as Trevor, except I won't fly planes initially to repeat the original SA's experience.

Very clever of R★ to let people choose a protagonist they like.

I think the scope of choosing will actually be limited up to a point. I mean when outside a mission you can do it all you like. But you can't complete the game by using one person only. So although there are three different protags the game follows the same line. All 3 are involved in the same story you just view it from 3 angles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users