Photo

GTA V Game Informer Preview

744 replies to this topic
xezopen
  • xezopen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

The other topic is locked, and havent found a topic about it so I just post it here:
Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc
We have a whole month of GTA inspired content coming, this is just the start. Watch http://gameinformer.com/gtav all month long.

Source: https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:30)
I gotta say from this perspective Los Santos doesn't look big at all:

http://i.imgur.com/RoyMK.jpg

Flip the screenshot and maybe there's a whole new world out there :-)

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Demo was on PS3...
https://www.twitter....664554778460160
@nosrednaw1 Confirmed platforms are PS3/360. The demo was on PS3.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:30)
I gotta say from this perspective Los Santos doesn't look big at all:

http://i.imgur.com/RoyMK.jpg

Prolly all due to angle and perspective. That pic is clearly facing West, you can see part of downtown and some of the mountains and hills to the north. Still the ocean is not in site.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:30)
What will happen when you have 6 stars of police over you and Switch to other character?????

Lol. I have been thinking about this too. Would be cool to get one of the protagonists in trouble, and then switch to another one. Then you could hurry over to the location where the first protag was at, and just enjoy the show.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (xezopen @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:33)
The other topic is locked, and havent found a topic about it so I just post it here:
We have a whole month of GTA inspired content coming, this is just the start. Watch http://gameinformer.com/gtav  all month long.

There is quite a lot of space for the new links there.

Maybe they'll be adding something new everyday until end of November?

Excluding weekends, that would be 16 new things, that would be about enought to fill the whole space.

After all they said to watch it ALL MONTH LONG

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:36)
QUOTE (xezopen @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:33)
We have a whole month of GTA inspired content coming, this is just the start. Watch http://gameinformer.com/gtav  all month long.

There is quite a lot of space for the new links there.

Maybe they'll be adding something new everyday until end of November?

Excluding weekends, that would be 16 new things, that would be about enought to fill the whole space.

Well Rockstar Games claimed we will be getting a sh*tload of GTA News.

TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:35)
QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:30)
[fake img]

Please tell me you guys are all just joking about that terribly retarded fake picture.

user posted image

"Caracter"? "2405"? "Albert (Da/De) Silva"? "Modlator"? "Los Puerta Fly" (forgot to add yellow circle)?

And that guy who guessed 2/3 protagonist names isn't very impressive either. Others have guessed at least one of those names too. And it doesn't help his case that the 3rd name he stated was faker than a pair of Vinewood tits and posted in at least 300 different troll threads.

<sadface>

are you serious? he guessed all of the names, last one probably got changed, he guessed 3 protag. he started all those stories

well if you are testing animation for character names albert, I would use those words too you know, there are at least 50 animators for that.

CasperRDG
  • CasperRDG

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

They made a point of mentioning Salton Sea...I had never heard of it but if you Google it it's pretty much as far south as San Diego. I'm not saying there is another city but there might be a small town (they made a point of mentioning them) based on San Diego or even somewhere in Mexico.

I sure hope the smaller towns are of a significant size to spend time in and have their own unique atmosphere!

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 PM Edited by I Shot The Sheriff, 08 November 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Guys, just to share, after reading the article I'm listening to this wink.gif

I have a feeling of the game being less focused than it should, because of the three characters and being able to switch at any time. You know, map revealed too soon, in-out high altitude zoom, less depth in the vibe, somehow mild gameplay. I know I'm wrong, but I can't help feeling that way.

BTW, 2nd trailer will show Trevor or Franklin, I think. Just like the 1st showed Michael.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Anyone else think that these 3 characters are reminiscent to Tommy, Claude, and CJ?

Tommy = Michael. Both are rich, and leader types
Claude = Trevor. Both are psychopaths, and do things on their own accord.
CJ = Francis. Both are black, and have a gang history.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:35)
What will happen when you have 6 stars of police over you and Switch to other character?????

Lol. I have been thinking about this too. Would be cool to get one of the protagonists in trouble, and then switch to another one. Then you could hurry over to the location where the first protag was at, and just enjoy the show.

I dontīknow if you can do that......but...Well, itīs a good question!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN!!?!??!? mad.gif

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I don't know what to say, 90% of me is overjoyed at what they've shown so far, but the rest of me is worried about how it's gonna turn out, I have faith in Rockstar but we still don't know how well certain things are implemented.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Heres my thoughts on the new info:

-family aspect - sounds great and it will add a new dimension to the story (that really is a bold new direction)
-multiple protags - sounds good I guess It seems to allow the player quicker access to more things in the game
-peds go about their daily lives thanks to a 'state machine' I really hope this is for every single ped in the game and not just the gardeners
-flipping off random peds - makes a return I hope we can do more stuff to annoy people and start a fight
-lighting a trail of gasoline - my dreams have come true Ive wanted to do this since IV!
-dynamic encounters - I love the one where you can stumble upon a scene of trucks in the desert and dead bodies around (ala No Country For Old Men!)

IT ALL SOUNDS AMAZING. I CANT WAIT.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Ofc the demo was on the PS3. PS3 means one disc, instead of switching between 4-5 discs like the 360 is going to.

This bold new direct looks awesome, the upgraded graphics looks slick. GOOD ENOUGH FOR a game like this. I'm overall happy with everything that was announced today.

GreatestEver23
  • GreatestEver23

So you think you can tell, heaven from hell?

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

I want a confirmation whether animals are in the game or not!!!!!!

What's the point of having a wilderness with no wildlife?

TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (GreatestEver23 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:45)

dogs and birds are confirmed on twitter by andy. they didnt explore wilderness in demo so they dont know

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

3 Characters. I was not expecting that. I gotta admit I don't really know how smooth the whole swapping characters as they're in the same mission will play out, but who knows it's Rockstar Games. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they didn't really show the more grittier areas such as their new interpretation of South Central LA (Ganton/Idlewood if they're still named that). It's easy to say this game will blow our minds and cause us to lose our social life.

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Don't you guys remember someone's words? They're going to give out information only when they're ready so that it would be accurate and still would keep surprises so that the whole concept isn't ruined? Only the first preview has arrived and I know there are a lot of things left out by Rockstar. But come on. Look at the brighter side. You would see a world sprawling with life.

About the protagonists. Why switch between them if you hate the idea? Be my guest.

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 00:35)

i would guess that you can't switch character while you have a wanted level.

scarface910
  • scarface910

I don't want a f*cking title

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 15:40)

I have a feeling of the game being less focused than it should, because of the three characters and being able to switch at any time. You know, map revealed too soon, in-out high altitude zoom, less depth in the vibe, somehow mild gameplay. I know I'm wrong, but I can't help feeling that way.

BTW, 2nd trailer will show Trevor or Franklin, I think. Just like the 1st showed Michael.

Sorry to be off topic but dont you think that video kinda sucks? I mean I absolutely love that song, but It seems that vid was half assedly put together.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I gotta say that multiple protags and switching between them anytime is really a bold new direction in GTA

I mean WTF, GTA was always all about 1 guy biggrin.gif

But I think it might turn out pretty interesting.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (KrushLTx10 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:47)
3 Characters. I was not expecting that. I gotta admit I don't really know how smooth the whole swapping characters as they're in the same mission will play out, but who knows it's Rockstar Games. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they didn't really show the more grittier areas such as their new interpretation of South Central LA (Ganton/Idlewood if they're still named that). It's easy to say this game will blow our minds and cause us to lose our social life.

Yes same my friend. I was looking forward to the ghetto parts of L.A. but hoping for the trailer and future pictures.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (crackhead91090 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:48)
QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 15:40)

Sorry to be off topic but dont you think that video kinda sucks? I mean I absolutely love that song, but It seems that vid was half assedly put together.

Thing is, I ABSOLUTELY love the song, so the video I just don't really care. It's nothing special, that's true.

PS: MODS SORRY FOR BEING OFF TOPIC sad.gif

Grima
  • Grima

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:51 PM Edited by edoiks23, 08 November 2012 - 11:57 PM.

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:47)

dogs and birds are confirmed on twitter by andy. they didnt explore wilderness in demo so they dont know

can you give us the link?

sorry for asking.

@TheFIREFLY thanks. smile.gif

TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (edoiks23 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:51)

sorry for asking.

sry it was matt afterall

https://twitter.com/...662646953160705

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (edoiks23 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 01:51)

sorry for asking.

https://twitter.com/...662646953160705

Also Bertz says there may be snow in top of the mountains.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (edoiks23 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 18:51)

sorry for asking.

Dogs and birds were actually mentioned in the article. They said that dogs might run up to the fence in their yard and bark at peds if they walk to closely.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (CasperRDG @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:39)
They made a point of mentioning Salton Sea...I had never heard of it but if you Google it it's pretty much as far south as San Diego. I'm not saying there is another city but there might be a small town (they made a point of mentioning them) based on San Diego or even somewhere in Mexico.

I sure hope the smaller towns are of a significant size to spend time in and have their own unique atmosphere!

Its pretty much a large shallow saltine lake, I can see some nice salt flats in the game in this area xD

Between Salton Sea and LA is towns such as Palm Springs, and San Bernardino, which are pretty decent size towns. Im sure they will have their counter parts ingame.

Grima
  • Grima

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (fitbikesbmx @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 23:55)
QUOTE (edoiks23 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 18:51)

sorry for asking.

Dogs and birds were actually mentioned in the article. They said that dogs might run up to the fence in their yard and bark at peds if they walk to closely.

omg I missed that. biggrin.gif thanks. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users