» «
Photo

Starter Save Request

7 replies to this topic
wildcat-ss
  • wildcat-ss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 PM Edited by wildcat-ss, 08 November 2012 - 09:51 PM.

I am trying to find a GTA VC (PC) game starter save file that has nothing done EXCEPT the taxi, paramedic, firefighter, vigilante, and pizza delivery sub-missions. The closest thing I can find has 100 hidden packages found in addition to those things - does anyone have a save file like this?

I want to play VC again - it has been years since I played it and it sounds fun again BUT I'm already bored with these sub-missions. I'd like to see how many packages I can remember how to find.

Thanks for any help, and I'm sorry if this file is on the site and I didn't find it. I searched a bit but had no luck.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5945

The 3rd save should suit your needs.

The max % you can do without any story missions is 44%.

wildcat-ss
  • wildcat-ss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 22:00)
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5945

The 3rd save should suit your needs.

The max % you can do without any story missions is 44%.

Thanks for the reply. I've found saves like that one, let me try to make what I'm looking for more clear.

I'm trying to find a save that has NOTHING completed BUT the taxi, paramedic, vigilante, firefighter, and pizza delivery sub-missions (and ONLY those things I've just listed). I'd like to do the jumps and rampages, find the packages, etc. I just don't want to do the taxi and other stuff I listed. Thanks!

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well, I don't think there's a save with those requirements. I can only tell you how much time these side-missions takes to complete.
Taxi = 2 hours. (It's a chore, I know)
Paramedic = 50 minutes - 1 hour.
Vigilante = Depends on the weapons, and the tactic you'll try. Could be about an hour.
Firefighter = 20-25 minutes.
Pizze delivery = 25 minutes.
So in total you'll have to waste about 5 hours, doing those side-missions.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I would use timevault to pass the things you don't want to do.... will take you 5 minutes to create that save.

Timevault is a mission passer code tool-- http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=397970 (located near the bottom of the first post).

+++++
To use do the following.

Go into your VC game files--- find the main.scm file...... rename it anything--- I usually just call it "mainorig.scm"

Download the timevault main.scm file and put it in the same folder as above.

Rename it "main.scm"

Thats it.... start your game and any mission you start will be instantly passed.... I forget how the R3 missions work exactly-- I don't recall if you just get in the R3 vehicle or if you have to "start" the R3 mission to get it to work.

To return the game back to normal play, just switch the file names back.
+++++

You will need to use molotovs to get the firetruck to show up as there are no fixed spawn locations on the first island for the fire truck-- there are no molotovs weapon spawns on the first island but the rampage at the south end of ocean beach is a molotov rampage-- start that one and throw some molotovs to get the fire truck to show up... be careful as molotov killing sprees will really raise your wanted level... you may want to pass that one as completing the rampage will clear any wanted stars you will obtain.

wildcat-ss
  • wildcat-ss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 13:21)
I would use timevault to pass the things you don't want to do.... will take you 5 minutes to create that save.

Timevault is a mission passer code tool-- http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=397970 (located near the bottom of the first post).

+++++
To use do the following.

Go into your VC game files--- find the main.scm file...... rename it anything--- I usually just call it "mainorig.scm"

Download the timevault main.scm file and put it in the same folder as above.

Rename it "main.scm"

Thats it.... start your game and any mission you start will be instantly passed.... I forget how the R3 missions work exactly-- I don't recall if you just get in the R3 vehicle or if you have to "start" the R3 mission to get it to work.

To return the game back to normal play, just switch the file names back.
+++++

You will need to use molotovs to get the firetruck to show up as there are no fixed spawn locations on the first island for the fire truck-- there are no molotovs weapon spawns on the first island but the rampage at the south end of ocean beach is a molotov rampage-- start that one and throw some molotovs to get the fire truck to show up... be careful as molotov killing sprees will really raise your wanted level... you may want to pass that one as completing the rampage will clear any wanted stars you will obtain.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just a heads up... If u have timevault loaded up when u start that rampage then it will be instantly passed.... So don't have it loaded when u start the rampage (or u won't get firetruck to show) ... I do seem to recall Demarest saying that you can swap the files with the game paused.... If that doesn't work, then u will have to get to the 2nd island to do firefighter (with timevault) and use the truck parked down town

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I do seem to recall Demarest saying that you can swap the files with the game paused....

Yeah, you can swap the files with the game paused-however, you will have to still reload the save before proceeding(if I recall correctly?)

As far as getting the Firefighter missions done with TimeVault in place, I just use Spuds' "Drive through the barrier" glitch on the main bridge by the Ocean Beach Hospital to get to the West Island and thus get the Fire truck to pass the mission... smile.gif

As far as Starter saves go, there are two in the Pinned Downloads Database topic-one that Spuds? created(for the Retail CD version) and one that I have created(for the Steam version-legal download version)... smile.gif

But, as Spuds said, I would use Dem's Time Vault code tool to create a starter save that is custom made to your liking...that was recommended to me back in the day by Justin(a moderator) and Demarest(the tool's creator)...This is the easiest and quickest method to get a customized starter save, as the other alternative is to post a SnP and have to wait until someone has completed the request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users