"cars handle like a Racing game"

30 replies to this topic
lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Interested in how this will turn out. I loved the handling in GTA4, but I really hope its not cartoon like driving like saints rowe and Sleeping dogs.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I like how cars handle in racing games these days. This could be very cool.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I will be sad if they go back to that kind of SR handling.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Maybe they mean the cars handle like in Gran Turismo 5...

Which means we can now drift biggrin.gif

user posted image

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

HahHah even rock star themselves admitted te handling in IV was crap but people still defend it. Quite possibly the best change they might be making.

Rockstar20124
  • Rockstar20124

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

This is definitely one of my biggest concerns confused.gif GTA IV car handling was nearly perfect. I hate most racing games. Burnout Paradise is such a horrible overrated game with terrible physics, unreadable mini map, lack of direction and immersion, boring gameplay yet it got ridiculous high scores angry.gif Just like most other "Need for Speed" games rolleyes.gif Then again I thought the physics in Dirt Showdown were pretty awesome cool.gif Let's hope it still will be more sim then RC car like arcady like most sandbox and racing games these days....

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I enjoyed a lot of the handling aspects in IV, people who criticise it intrigue me as I think it was really well executed, as I have written before in depth. It suited the game as was easy going with plenty of realism. Although I like handling in GT5 I hope it isn't too much like a simulator. I'm sure rockstar will balance it well... but I was actually slightly concerned by the "racing game" description... we shall see of course biggrin.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 13:10)

user posted image

I don't think it will be that realisitc...I just hope it isn't super Arcadey or two realistic, I like Sims, I like Arcade racers but GTA would be good with a happy medium IMO.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

i also hope it wont be like SR and sleeping dogs

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I hope the handling is not like SR

but I am thrilled about the fact that they said the vehicles will stick to the road more which is most def needed for bikes (one thing i was hoping for)

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

I'll hate if the cars handle anything like they did in L.A. Noire. GTAIV felt good.

omeromer
  • omeromer

Street Cat

• Members

They said they were going to change the bad handling we had in GTA IV, this is a good thing, I hope they won't screw it up.

jaqulle999
  • jaqulle999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm really looking forward to the driving. There is definitely room to improve and with way more offroad driving I expected things to change a lot.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

If you read the article they clearly mean that the handling will be more realistic. They said the handling has more physics going on than before. It'll be more realistic than GTA IV.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 22:18)

user posted image

I don't think it will be that realisitc...I just hope it isn't super Arcadey or two realistic, I like Sims, I like Arcade racers but GTA would be good with a happy medium IMO.

I wasn't really that serious, but I am happy to hear that vehicle handling has been updated and hopefully improved.

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 20:27)
Interested in how this will turn out. I loved the handling in GTA4, but I really hope its not cartoon like driving like saints rowe and Sleeping dogs.

I was curious about this one as well. I really enjoyed the physics in IV and found that the learning curve to handling a vehicle was rather interesting and enjoyable. Most of my friends hated it though, so perhaps this time around I won't always be the driver in multiplayer haha!

I don't think it'll be too over the top. They may just tone down the physics for it and make the controls a little more refined and tighter so that you can make the easy sharp turns to avoid the police.

This will be interesting to see in action. Looking forward to it smile.gif

Lucario
  • Lucario

WolfPire

• Members

Great, now i can easily go Initial D mode and look epic while doing it xD

McGrath
  • McGrath

Player Hater

• Members

Driving in GTA IV was really good, except for the suspensions which were far too loose (boat like)

They can do something great. The physics engine is amazing!

Rykane
  • Rykane

Member Since 03 Jul 2005

• Members
  • Scotland

I thought the best feature within GTA IV was the handling and physics of the cars. The driving seemed much more realistic and I really liked it and it made you feel like you were actually driving a vehicle and has weight to it where as in gta:sa this wasn't the case at all. Now when I think of a racing game, I think of better car handling and better physics for example, Gran Turismo and Forza etc. I hope they are sticking with the GTA IV type driving and improving on it as I don't think I could go back to the arcade feeling of saints row, gta:sa and need for speed type driving.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Christ, of course it's not going to be like SR-style handling.

"Handles like a racing game" implies they've designed the handling system to handle like a real car - like racing games. What does that mean? Well, they've probably tweaked the IV handling to feel more realistic, so basically it's quite obviously a push even further to the IV style driving with some of the niggles ironed out.

Marco.
  • Marco.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I loved racing on IV and look forward to these new improved physics, hope I enjoy it as much as iv, nice to hear (read)

pilsvern
  • pilsvern

Supra Lover

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I have a bad feeling about car handling

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

on the bright side tho, atleast we dont gotta be the ones to always drive everybody around all the fkin time anymore. FK YEAHHHH

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Shiggys @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 21:22)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 20:27)

I was curious about this one as well. I really enjoyed the physics in IV and found that the learning curve to handling a vehicle was rather interesting and enjoyable. Most of my friends hated it though, so perhaps this time around I won't always be the driver in multiplayer haha!

I don't think it'll be too over the top. They may just tone down the physics for it and make the controls a little more refined and tighter so that you can make the easy sharp turns to avoid the police.

This will be interesting to see in action. Looking forward to it smile.gif

They said they've added more physics to the handling. This implies that it's deeper and more complex than before. So it's a safe bet that it'll be more realistic. The problem with SR and Sleeping Dogs is that there isn't enough physics going on. They're overly simplistic. That's why they feel like lego racers.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 13:21)

user posted image

I wasn't really that serious, but I am happy to hear that vehicle handling has been updated and hopefully improved.

I figured lol, and yeah I hope there's some good improvements there, can't wait to drive the new cars...the Improved Comet is at the top of my list.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Sounds great biggrin.gif

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 21:32)
Sounds great biggrin.gif

Sounds awesome!

Very happy with this.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 22:28)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 13:21)

user posted image

I figured lol, and yeah I hope there's some good improvements there, can't wait to drive the new cars...the Improved Comet is at the top of my list.

Comet, Infernus, all sorts of vehicles should be better this time around smile.gif

I hope that vehicle customisation is back though confused.gif ...

Here's hoping

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I found GTA IV's car handling to be insanely awesome (despite it's relatively high learning curve). Now, the handling wasn't without fault. Some vehicles could have used more weight, and just about every vehicle should have had more traction (more "grounded").

So, if that's exactly what GTA V is doing, then I'll be absolutely stoked!

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Blackous666 @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 21:18)
i also hope it wont be like SR and sleeping dogs

Thats the thing Sleeping Dogs driving for me is one of the best, and you adjust as you play a game, it's pretty simple. Everything is better with practice, but the driving issue will always be a personnal preference no matter, it's a player preference feature, I am very happy of the change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users