Thanks, I'll try that next time I upload icon14.gif

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (DanManUtd @ Aug 18 2010, 00:15)
@guru:

I'm using Magix Music maker. I turn the compilation into an mp3 then put it in Windows movie maker to make it into a .wmv format.

Download VirtualDub. File -> Open video file -> Take the image you want. Audio -> Audio from other file -> Select your track. Video -> Frame Rate -> Change so video and audio durations match. File -> Save as AVI

I always do that. I don't even use video compression. A single frame (logo) video with 320kbps MP3 at 1920x1020 takes around 20 megabytes. With video compression, even less.

Also, try playing back your video at 480p, rather than 360. It gives you better sound quality. 360p compresses more, giving you lower quality audio (and video).

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Something unique is a good idea. Maybe some DnB, Rap, Electronic and stuff.
As the IRC thingy doesn't work here, I suppose I'll hear the results.

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:13 PM Edited by radltzx, 17 August 2010 - 11:18 PM.

Whoa, count me in guys! colgate.gif I'm up fo dis sheet. icon14.gif

EDIT: IRC doesn't work for me either. wtf?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

That's what I was thinking too, we could do something they did in We Are The World 25, they had something urban which included singing, then the beat became faster and more electronic and they had rappers on it.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:08 PM Edited by dingleman, 18 August 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Artist Details:
dinglemanDJ DingleProduction & SamplingExperimental, Electro, OtherFacebook
CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[td]dingleman[/td]
[td]DJ Dingle[/td]
[td]Production & Sampling[/td]
[td]Experimental, Electro, Other[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/DJ-Dingle/120227541334863?ref=ts]Facebook[/URL][/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Songs:
DJ DingleSingular TrackBass OverloadBass Test (?)August 18, 2010
DJ DingleSingular TrackLiberty CityTranceFebuary 25, 2010
CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[td]DJ Dingle[/td]
[td]Singular Track[/td]
[td][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89XUDbt9WI"]Bass Overload[/url][/td]
[td]Bass Test (?)[/td]
[td]August 18, 2010[/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]
[tableb]
[tr]
[td]DJ Dingle[/td]
[td]Singular Track[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9HCu7XP68&feature=related]Liberty City[/URL][/td]
[td]Trance[/td]
[td]Febuary 25, 2010[/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:05 PM

Today was my birthday, got a nice amount of cash. I'm buying some equipment soon. I'm planning to buy a midi controller and a beat pad. For the keyboard, I was looking into M-Audio KeyRig 49. Does anyone have it, is it good? I was watching reviews of it and it seemed pretty nice. Just checking, I don't want to order sh*t. biggrin.gif
Or maybe is there something better for this money, it's about 130 dollars.

Ps. Can I just talk about production and stuff here also?

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Ats. @ Aug 18 2010, 22:05)
Today was my birthday, got a nice amount of cash. I'm buying some equipment soon. I'm planning to buy a midi controller and a beat pad. For the keyboard, I was looking into M-Audio KeyRig 49. Does anyone have it, is it good? I was watching reviews of it and it seemed pretty nice. Just checking, I don't want to order sh*t. biggrin.gif
Or maybe is there something better for this money, it's about 130 dollars.

One of my friends has the exact same M-Audio KeyRig 49. He brought it over to my house a couple of times, and I have to say it's pretty good. I'm no expert or anything but I liked how it feels. I'm actualy thinking of getting one of these for myself when I'll have the cash for it. icon14.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:19 PM Edited by Cheat, 19 August 2010 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (Ats. @ Aug 19 2010, 01:05)

I'd say so, yeah, it's gamesguru's topic so he gets the decision, but I'd say yeah. Besides, there aren't any other threads for that on GTAF.

I'm also getting new stuff - more precisely upgrading my system. I got a USB/MIDI-keyboard with no sounds, just the ability to play VST's through a computer program. I'm upgrading to a real keyboard, I don't have much ideas yet, but Casio and Yamaha sound good. I'll be checking out the music stores during the next weeks, anyone got any suggestions?
I'm looking for something up to 180.

Also, if we're doing the project, I guess we really should give our MSN's, if we have them.
I can't guarantee I'll be checking out the forums each day, that is.
My MSN is [email protected] - we can use IRC though if that's what most people want to use, I'm not too familiar but I'll learn.
As for the genre, I think we shouldn't ignore any genre, we should get creative with something with a mix of rock and an urban, maybe electronish beat, give it a transition at some point - where rappers could come in or something like that, feel me?
But we'll work it out.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

You can talk about anything music related really as long as it is to with being apart of it, like sharing resources, help...you know things to do with making music, production included. It's all good.

As for the collaboration Ed and I decided to wait a few days to see if anybody else is interested, then I will send a PM with questions like: what genre do you want, what part of the song do you want to do, etc. When I get all the answers, I will post them and iron them out. Then we can go from there.

I think Ed is looking for loops that are long around the same tempo, key as what is set out as a starting point, which I think will be Ed's drums.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

Could we at least try to have something between 80 - 110 BPM? 'Cause I'm not used to slower or faster, and plus, if we have rap vocals on it it may be a hard task for the rhymespitter if it's much faster.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:06 PM Edited by Edmachine, 19 August 2010 - 02:08 PM.

I'm no good for rap drum loops, so if anyone wants to do that, you're very welcome. I'd do the electro drum parts.

Also. We haven't decided on the key and tempo yet, but here's what I have in mind. Those, who make the melody, pads, bass, vocals, (and the rap drum beat) etc. send their stuff to me and then I'll mix it together and add effects, if needed. Unless someone wants to do that.

Also, every bit helps. If you want to send a 8 bar loop of some melody or pad, or whatever, please do so. I also will accept song-length tracks.

My MSN address is down below.
|
V

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

My MSN is kummipaelamees[at]hotmail[dot]com if anyone wants.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:01 PM Edited by rhyn, 09 October 2012 - 04:10 PM.

I don't know if you will but if you do come across some room for any guitar in there send me on a p.m or add me on msn

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

@rhyn: Everything is welcome, man. smile.gif

Another thing: if you feel like something's missing from someone else's loop/sample feel free to add anything you wish to it (as long as it's okay with the author), but send the end result with only what you added, not including the original bit. Like, if x makes 4 chord pad loop, and you think it's missing some bass or more sound, load it up in your software, add what you need till it sounds good to you, but render it without the original sample.

Drums: don't worry about them just yet, we need to get the melody together first. And pads/chords, vocals, FX and the rest. tounge.gif

Sh*t, man, I think we need a flowchart or something. tounge.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:17 PM Edited by Cheat, 19 August 2010 - 03:19 PM.

Sure thing, guitars are awesome & would make it a bit different.
We'll most likely just send tens of random loops and other sounds to Ed, he will then sort it out to a track, so if you got some melodies or whatever, just record & hit up Edmachine.

@Ed I think, that after you get some sort of a melody going, you should upload it somewhere and spread around the link, hearing it would make creating BG sounds, bass- and drumlines and such easier.

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

Third Song:

It seems that the framerate was the issue, I tried Guru's way first and it seems to work when you save it as a HD rather then a normal quality vid.

Please comment biggrin.gif

CODE
[tr][td]PyroManiac[/td][td]Singualr Track[/td][td][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZhIXXbarg]You're So Lush[/url][/td][td]Alternative Dubstep?[/td][td][/td][/tr]

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

So does this mean I don't have to PM people, well for a while anyway?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@DanManUtd: Pretty good man, has a bit of a retro feel to it. But I feel for a instrumental track it's a bit repetitive, you should have thrown some transitions in there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also does anybody know where I could find an encyclopedia of music terms, especially production related. One that is understandable so it is simple enough that someone who knows nothing like myself can understand, whilst also in-depth enough to help me grow a knowledge and understanding of said terms/processes. Every time I search for something, I have no luck. Maybe I'm using the wrong 'keywords'. Any help would be appreciated.

Would be nice to know a bit before going on to do my course.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Aug 20 2010, 03:38)
So does this mean I don't have to PM people, well for a while anyway?

I think so, 'cause we already have a bunch of people participating here, so unless you know some GTAF artists we are not aware of, no you don't have to.
You can do it voluntarily if you wish though tounge2.gif

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

Here's a hip hop beat I made:

CLICKY!

Actually made it a while ago, but decided to upload it just now..

Tell me what you think. icon14.gif smile.gif

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:30 AM Edited by DanManUtd, 26 August 2010 - 01:35 PM.

Made this instrumental. Mixed it around as I was experimenting a tad. Some good tunes in there I think and hope to echo them in other songs.

Anyway:

Please rate and comment (y)

CODE
[tr][td]PyroManiac[/td][td]Singualr Track[/td][td][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bsd5zxuTjA]Game Over[/url][/td][td]Alternative Dubstep?[/td][td][/td][/tr]

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

New beat is out, suitable for both rapping and singing.
It's pretty basic but I wanted to go with a bit of mainstream sound this time. Feedback would be nice!

CODE
[tr][td]NJSBeats[/td][td]Singular track[/td][td]Hip-Hop/R&B Beat[/td][td]Rap/R&B[/td][td]8/30/2010[/td][/tr]

Oh and could you change my artist name to NJSBeats in my info, thx icon14.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

Are people still interested in this GTAF Collab?
Any material for it yet?

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

I'm kinda interested, but I was hoping for Ed or someone to create a main melody type of thing, it's kinda hard to create (just examples) drums, basslines or synths, for nothing. As soon as that happens, I'm in.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:18 AM Edited by dingleman, 19 September 2010 - 10:58 AM.

Just a new song I made over the weekend. What do you guys think?

DJ DingleSingular TrackMaximal DurabilityTranceSeptember 12, 2010
CODE
[tableb][tr][td]DJ Dingle[/td][td]Singular Track[/td][td][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxD4OhMJqRk]Maximal Durability[/URL][/td][td]Trance[/td][td]September 12, 2010[/td][/tr][/tableb]

Week after EDIT:
Changed the youtube link to that song to http://www.youtube.c...?v=xAwHlMoKsgw.. so if the OP doesn't mind that needs to be changed smile.gif Thanks in advance.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

Just something I made quickly on the demo version of FL Studio + Autotune

It's not really the best since I rushed some but hey I made the music, lyrics and singing all by my self so you gotta give me credit for that smile.gif
When I've got enough money to buy this then I'll make better stuff.

CODE
[tr][td]Piperka[/td][td]Michael Nojkovski[/td][td]Piano/Synthesizer Music Production[/td][td]Electro, Electronica, Techno, Trance, R&B, House[/td][td]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=642738014[/td][/tr]

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

We put up a new rough recording up on our sh*t. The Shaman (rough 2010). Alls we need now is a bassist (I've been writing bass parts as of right now), and we can start playing out.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Sep 28 2010, 16:52)
We put up a new rough recording up on our sh*t. The Shaman (rough 2010). Alls we need now is a bassist (I've been writing bass parts as of right now), and we can start playing out.

Digging this man, have a real Dopesmoker vibe going in the riffs which I really like. Geep it up broham.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Anybody have any good electro/dance tuts for FL Studio? smile.gif I've seen a few Deadmau5 ones and Ali Nadem ones, just need to see more but i can't seem to find any decent ones. :L

I'll post my details up once i get a bit better. lol.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (Tommy-Vercetti19 @ Sep 30 2010, 23:38)
Anybody have any good electro/dance tuts for FL Studio? smile.gif I've seen a few Deadmau5 ones and Ali Nadem ones, just need to see more but i can't seem to find any decent ones. :L

I'll post my details up once i get a bit better. lol.gif

What type of help do you need?

I know nothing about the genre, but if you want some technical advice - using mixer effects, stuff like that, I'm out here to help icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users