» «
Photo

[MVL] Dodo Mod by MW v 1.0

7 replies to this topic
MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:12 PM Edited by MW_29, 07 November 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Dodo for Vice City, converted from San Andreas into [MVL] addon! Get in and fly wherever you wish!

Don't expect flying physisc just like in SA, because VC lacks of it, and this plane is technically hybrid between car and plane with aerial setting appropriatelly adjusted and RC Baron flight flag enabled.

!NOTE! You must have Maxo Vehicle Loader mod (newest version) installed to add that vehicle, othervise it willnot work and [CLEO] for VC library installed too !NOTE!

Features:

- you can now fly over Vice City

- working landing gear (fixed wheels) so you can softly land wherever you find a place to

- model has set ID: 6103 via prefix "x6103_" in name of archive, change it to any you like or delete if you wish

MSTS
  • MSTS

Mustang Fan

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Awesome mod, i always wanted a dodo on Vice City, and now it's possible
As you warned, the handling is not as good as SA,its hard to turn sometimes, but it's very playable

keep up with the mods!

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:45 PM Edited by MW_29, 04 November 2012 - 12:49 PM.

QUOTE (MSTS @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 02:59)
Awesome mod, i always wanted a dodo on Vice City, and now it's possible
As you warned, the handling is not as good as SA,its hard to turn sometimes, but it's very playable

keep up with the mods!

As for me it's easy to fly, steering are as they were for skimmer in stock game, exactly:
CODE
Up/W - forward on ground & in air
Down/S - reverse on ground/breaking & breaking in air
Space - handbrake on ground
Left/A - turning left
Right/D - turning right
NUM 1 - rudder left + looking left
NUM 2 - rudder right + looking right
NUM 9 - pitch the plane up
NUM 6 - pitch the plane down

...thanks you like the modification wink.gif

Edit.: Also as for flying it happens in Vice that if you climb to some height, then plane itselft will loose its altitude until it reaches some lower altitude and, regardless of pressing "turret Up" NUM 9 key, and ONLY then it will start to lift up

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I liked your mod.
make more mvl vehicles

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (ToyGT_one @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 12:48)
I liked your mod.
make more mvl vehicles

Hydra is in beta testing and debuging status wink.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (MW_29 @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 15:45)
Edit.: Also as for flying it happens in Vice that if you climb to some height, then plane itselft will loose its altitude until it reaches some lower altitude and, regardless of pressing "turret Up" NUM 9 key, and ONLY then it will start to lift up

I can implement two features to get rid of this problem:
1) Make it possible to change maximum height in the global .xml file.
2) Flag that can be set for vehicles which makes it ignore maximum height.

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 13:58)
QUOTE (MW_29 @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 15:45)

I can implement two features to get rid of this problem:
1) Make it possible to change maximum height in the global .xml file.
2) Flag that can be set for vehicles which makes it ignore maximum height.

It is not this, mate, i already have adjusted height limit so helis are not limited to this 80m up height anymore, but that what i was talking about towards planes and skimmer too, it is something like that:

when you will climb onto some but NOT constant fixed height! i mean this height when mentioned pressing "turret up key - NUM6" starts to be useless, seems to be dependent of angle which you raised the nose of plane while starting of climbing up, then even if you press turret up key, it has no effect UNTIL plane lowers its altitude to really low (most probably it is related to aero handling settings, but i didnt manage to figure it out yet); i can comprae this to some kinda "pendulum flight" ...well, if not matter of aero handling or lack of flying phisics in VC then maybe there could be in fact some limitation which could say that plane has to come down until you press turrett up key effectively, but i doubt ...however am not sure, so go ahed and try to research some in this topic, it could be usefull wink.gif

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Updated version 1.1 is out and ready to download smile.gif

Changes: hight detailed chassis_vlo model (the part of model which is visible from far distance) and fixed CLEO script bug of multispawning second Dodo while flying the first one away and back to the spawn location and vice versa.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users