Quantcast

» «
Photo

Points of Interest Feature

33 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like a point of interest feature in GTA V? (142 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a point of interest feature in GTA V?

1. Yes (107 votes [78.10%])

Percentage of vote: 78.10%

2. No (12 votes [8.76%])

Percentage of vote: 8.76%

3. Indifferent (18 votes [13.14%])

Percentage of vote: 13.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Imagine you are being chased by cops through the desert on a mission and you see this wierd hole in the ground that looks like it might have some significance but you cant stop for fear of losing the mission.

Imagine seeing one of the 100 or so pigeons/seagulls perched on top on a ledge at the park but your busy stunting your PCJ to stop and kill the sum-bitch

I think that GTA V should incorporate a point of interest feature where you can add pins to the map in the pause menu similar to how you can do this is google maps. This way you can pin an area and come back to it later. Maybe even give your pins descriptions so you know exactly what is there.

What do you guys think, and other ideas like this??

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 00:56)
Imagine you are being chased by cops through the desert on a mission and you see this wierd hole in the ground that looks like it might have some significance but you cant stop for fear of losing the mission.

Imagine seeing one of the 100 or so pigeons/seagulls perched on top on a ledge at the park but your busy stunting your PCJ to stop and kill the sum-bitch

I think that GTA V should incorporate a point of interest feature where you can add pins to the map in the pause menu similar to how you can do this is google maps. This way you can pin an area and come back to it later. Maybe even give your pins descriptions so you know exactly what is there.

Well I hope they put something like that on the map Very Handy because how big the map will be you will forgot those nasty sneaky interestpoints that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Friday, Nov 2 2012, 23:59)

Well I hope they put something like that on the map Very Handy because how big the map will be you will forgot those nasty sneaky interestpoints that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

agreed... if you vote no please tell me why, I dont see why this would be a bad idea but Id be up for counter argument

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

This would be a cool feature, although this doesnt matter. I usually memorize my points of interest in the game map so not a bad idea veteran asi it will make it easier for me to remember icon14.gif

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 01:00)
QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Friday, Nov 2 2012, 23:59)

agreed... if you vote no please tell me why, I dont see why this would be a bad idea but Id be up for counter argument

I voted yes.... wow.gif Because its a good idea Who voted No well..... confused.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

That would be great, to be able to "pin" locations and more than 1 so I can put pins on special vehicle spots or favourite spots.

Marlo-Lionches
  • Marlo-Lionches

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I say no because you know the area it is in, and you would have a fun adventure trying to find it again after you have escaped the police, or been killed etc.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 00:03)
That would be great, to be able to "pin" locations and more than 1 so I can put pins on special vehicle spots or favourite spots.

You dont have to use it, but you could use it if you need it.

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Now Mr Raspberry Jam...He died a noble death

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

They could do it similar to the way dead animals/corpses etc are marked on the map in Red Dead Redemption. For those who haven't played, for example, when you kill an animal, it is marked with an X on the radar when you get close enough to it. In V if they could do this with 'Points of Interest' like OP suggested, where you have to be in the same area as the point of interest for it to show up. Then you could then choose to mark this area on your map to come back and investigate when you have a chance. This would be pretty cool actually,

Cjs3315
  • Cjs3315

Kill 'em With Kindness

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Why did I never think of this? Such a simple, yet very beneficial feature. Now that you mention it, Rockstar had BEST implement this! Or else. devil.gif

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

What ever happened to the wishlist topic?

OT: I definitely agree with your idea. But they'd need to implemented correctly. We should able to have as many as we want, but that would ruin the map. Rockstar could work around that though.

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 01:18)
What ever happened to the wishlist topic?

OT: I definitely agree with your idea. But they'd need to implemented correctly. We should able to have as many as we want, but that would ruin the map. Rockstar could work around that though.

Well they could use tabs So in the pause menu you could switch tabs with the map one is just normal map 2 one with the pinpoints on it

PutAQuarterIn
  • PutAQuarterIn

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Who wouldn't want this?
I mean I understand people who wouldn't use it for whatever it is they do when they play, but what could you have against it?

Johnny-K
  • Johnny-K

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I voted yes but they kinda did something similar in IV. Remember whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com? all the pigeons, stunts, car thefts and much more were on that website. The quality lacked because there was no zoom but still it was helpful.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'm indiffrent towards it. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea, and I'd most likely use it once in awhile mainly when I'm new to an area, but I allways tend to memorize most points of the maps in games over time. But it would be nice for those more obscure points on the map I do tend to space now and then.

So yeah why not, not a big thing to me but it would be great if it was in.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

They introduced it on GTA CW, featuring the Favorites points... So it's very likely smile.gif

BirthOfMayhem
  • BirthOfMayhem

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thats a pretty good idea OP, I'd think it would work well.

sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I remember they had this in one of the Saint's Row games, can't remember if it was 1 or 2. It worked well though.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Great idea! Always wanted that in previous GTA's

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

you always have some great ideas man, i voted yes, this is a great feature, hope they put this in V

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Someone's been playing GW2 lol

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 03:31)

Never played it

ATastyCookie
  • ATastyCookie

Ponyfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

I'd love this. A perfect example would be a spot where a VERY rare car spawns, and you need to remember it just in case you want one. I hope we can set multiple point and maybe label them too.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 03:31)

Thats what i was thinking too haha.
Its a nice system tho.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Nice idea, don't see how anyone could be against this. Great smile.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Heh, this is something I do when playin Gta IV, BoGT.

What I do when I find something interesting is that I grab the CD case and take out the big map and I use a pen and put an X on that certain place so I could go check it out later or show a friend.

Sounds like this could be a useful feature tbh. icon14.gif @OP

a. outlandish
  • a. outlandish

subdermal neurophonic cute bastard

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

voted yay. simple as all the best ideas. i like roaming with my favorite vehicle while listening good music, towards an interesting and beautyfull whereabouts. so yay again.

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I see no problem with it! It would be a useful feature and if you don't want to use it then you don't need to! It would be perfect if the map is huge and full of interesting stuff.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

fruit maps

Teyonos
  • Teyonos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Imagine winding down to the last 10 pigeons/ collectables and you do not know where they are , so you start searching block to block from north of the map to the south of it till you find the last one , i guess this feature will be very helpful , maybe the photo of the ifruit indicates the existence of smart phones and since most smart phones have a gps app so i guess it will be there in V .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users