NO Auto Aim in MP. PLZ

132 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (beg2live4life3 @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 17:11)
Auto Aim is great if not better than manual aim because you can focus on other things instead of concentrating on your aim. And it's harder to win in auto aim because you die quicker.

LMAO Whaaaat?

So in a shoot out match, why would you be focusing on anything else besides shooting? I mean really?

Sorry, easy kills and dying alot due to auto aim lockage is not harder... Its flat out retarded.

Auto Aim has no place in any pvp game. Aim assist maybe.. But NO fippin auto aim.

I can't belive some of the stupid reasons some people use to justify this lame game mechanic.

Tooo hard is it? How the hell do you auto aimers even drive? There is no auto aim when driving?

WTF is wrong with you weridos?...

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

in gta 4 you can just change multiplayer options with no police and no autoaim and also no friendly fire

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Auto Aim was featured on MP? WTF learn to Control the Controller lol

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Blackous666 @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 14:19)
in gta 4 you can just change multiplayer options with no police and no autoaim and also no friendly fire

Uh... Ya. I know that. But thats not really the point.

My point is there NO reason to have Auto Aim in Shoot Out syle games.

BasedJACK
  • BasedJACK

From the clan of keyboard warriors

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

This thread is pointless, because at the end of the day GTA V is still going to have auto-aim. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything, especially since the MP has options to fit your needs. suicidal.gif

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (BasedJACK @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 15:18)
This thread is pointless, because at the end of the day GTA V is still going to have auto-aim. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything, especially since the MP has options to fit your needs. suicidal.gif

...And what need is that?

A need for a pointless game mechanic is PVP?

Where is auto steer? Im sure its wrong, having to steer manually in races. Players just want to go fast.

See, if you let in some of the stupid.. You have to let it all in.

JeezoFreak
  • JeezoFreak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Vooodu @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 16:03)
This thread is pointless, because at the end of the day GTA V is still going to have auto-aim. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything, especially since the MP has options to fit your needs.  suicidal.gif

Where is auto steer? Im sure its wrong, having to steer manually in races. Players just want to go fast.

Yes let's have R* ostracize all the casual gamers who make up the majority of game sales for a small percentage of butthurt hardcore gamers. Great sounds good.

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Vooodu @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 14:42)
QUOTE (AerialRocket @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 14:38)
Did not know we were running a dictatorship, I hope it stays in, Everyone has there own way of playing.

dozingoff.gif Maybe they should put auto aim into every game ever made...lol

Nah.. Because that would be stupid.

How about we have Auto Drive for races. Alls you have to do is hit the gas and WIN WIN WIN!!.

Please.. Don't turn this into a butthurt thread about how AUTO AIM players have feelings too.

Auto aim has no place in multiplayer.

Auto aim and auto drive wouldn't go in the same category and your comparison doesn't make sense. Aiming a gun is different than driving.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM Edited by Vooodu, 05 November 2012 - 06:45 PM.

QUOTE (JeezoFreak @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 16:35)
QUOTE (Vooodu @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 16:03)
This thread is pointless, because at the end of the day GTA V is still going to have auto-aim. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything, especially since the MP has options to fit your needs.  suicidal.gif

Yes let's have R* ostracize all the casual gamers who make up the majority of game sales for a small percentage of butthurt hardcore gamers. Great sounds good.

Since when is manually aimming a freakin gun in pvp shoot out style games considered HARDCORE?

L M F A O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moto_whistle.gif

Nothing about manual aimming is hardcore..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (bowling...? @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 16:39)
QUOTE (Vooodu @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 14:42)
QUOTE (AerialRocket @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 14:38)
Did not know we were running a dictatorship, I hope it stays in, Everyone has there own way of playing.

dozingoff.gif Maybe they should put auto aim into every game ever made...lol

Nah.. Because that would be stupid.

How about we have Auto Drive for races. Alls you have to do is hit the gas and WIN WIN WIN!!.

Please.. Don't turn this into a butthurt thread about how AUTO AIM players have feelings too.

Auto aim has no place in multiplayer.

Auto aim and auto drive wouldn't go in the same category and your comparison doesn't make sense. Aiming a gun is different than driving.

OoOh.. Ok. Double standard than?

So shooting on foot grants auto aim. Thats allll good right?

Yet....

Driving while shooting grants no auto aim. And, driving has NO auto steer.

So please explain to me why auto aim exists than?

Because bottom line, driving is like shooting. Actually driving at high speeds take more skill than shooting. So why don't all you auto aim freaks beg for auto drive?

Why does auto aim have to be a MUST in VS shoot outs? Why does it even exist.

No one has yet to come up with a reasonable answer. To anything.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 PM Edited by Honest Bill, 05 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 16:51)
QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 16:49)
QUOTE (Vooodu @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 16:36)
QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 17:35)

I'm sure your nephew wouldn't appreciate that you're proposing R* get rid of his favorite game mode!  tounge.gif

Heh.. Honestly, if he had no choice i dont think he would care. I think the same would apply to everyone.

That's the issue. People just use it because they can and it is the default setting. If it wasn't there, people would just man up and get used to free aim, then they'd realise it's more fun.. Gamers as always, will mostly take the easiest option, but that isn't because it's any more fun.

You don't know what's more fun for people. Just cause you like doesn't mean everyone likes it. Compare it to GTA IV vs GTA SA. Some like one more than the other.

Yes i do.. It's been shown time and time again throughout gaming history. When people are more challenged, they feel a greater sense of accomplishment when they achieve their goal.. This is not a new concept, it's always been that way, it's a psychological thing which isn't just about my preferences but well observed throughout society.

Sure people might have fun on autoaim because they're getting easy kills where they didn't have to think, and i realise they don't want to change, because people are too lazy to experience the slight learning curve that free aiming takes. Most people just naturally take the easier option.

All i'm saying is, if that option had never been there, people would never have even noticed, they would have just learned to aim (very quickly, as it's not that hard) and they would actually be having more fun, even if they refuse to acknowledge that now, because they would be sligtly more challenged and thus getting greater rewards at the end.

Sure you might find the auto aim lobbies fun, but i don't even understand why anyone would ever want to play a ranked deathmatch or something with auto-aim, i mean what's the whole point in those ranked matches, if not the challenge and test of skill?

Shooter games are fun because of the fact you are pitted against another guy and you have to aim at each other and get the kill first.. Auto aim, removes half the premise for the game.

It is like puttimng auto lock on COD.. Almost everybody would use it, i can guarantee that,, but they don't have it in there... You know why?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 18:53)

I'm sure your nephew wouldn't appreciate that you're proposing R* get rid of his favorite game mode!  tounge.gif

Heh.. Honestly, if he had no choice i dont think he would care. I think the same would apply to everyone.

That's the issue. People just use it because they can and it is the default setting. If it wasn't there, people would just man up and get used to free aim, then they'd realise it's more fun.. Gamers as always, will mostly take the easiest option, but that isn't because it's any more fun.

You don't know what's more fun for people. Just cause you like doesn't mean everyone likes it. Compare it to GTA IV vs GTA SA. Some like one more than the other.

Sure you might find the auto aim lobbies fun, but i don't even understand why anyone would ever want to play a ranked deathmatch or something with auto-aim, i mean what's the whole point in those ranked matches, if not the challenge and test of skill?

Shooter games are fun because of the fact you are pitted against another guy and you have to aim at each other and get the kill first.. Auto aim, removes half the premise for the game.

It is like puttimng auto lock on COD.. Almost everybody would use it, i can guarantee that,, but they don't have it in there... You know why?

Glad to see someone who makes alot of sense post on this topic. After reading that, theres nothing really i could even add. You hit out of the ball park.

I think auto aim is popular for one major reason...Achievements and Ranks.

When ranks and achievements are involved players will try to gain as much as possible as easy as possible. That could be a main reason why auto aim is so popular.

If auto aim is indeed used in MP VS. A simple fix would be to remove all rankings from auto aim games. If 'FUN' is the only reason that person is playing, than the only reward should be "FUN". And nothing else.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Vooodu @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 19:05)
QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 18:53)

Glad to see someone who makes alot of sense post on this topic. After reading that, theres nothing really i could even add. You hit out of the ball park.

I think auto aim is popular for one major reason...Achievements and Ranks.

When ranks and achievements are involved players will try to gain as much as possible as easy as possible. That could be a main reason why auto aim is so popular.

If auto aim is indeed used in MP VS. A simple fix would be to remove all rankings from auto aim games. If 'FUN' is the only reason that person is playing, than the only reward should be "FUN". And nothing else.

Thanks mate.. And yeah you have a point.

However i don't think it will be a problem anyway. Because IV is so old and frankly not very well made in the MP department, all the free aimers have moved on to other games.

Of course when V comes out, it will be new so we should be able to find plenty of games on free aim, and the auto aimers can do whatever they like.

However, if the MP is poorly made again, naturally they will all leave it very quickly, and so will I, so it won't really be a problem for me anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users