» «
Photo

IMG Organizer

49 replies to this topic
fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:05 PM Edited by fastman92, 12 May 2013 - 07:45 AM.

IMG Organizer

GTA IV has about 160 IMG archives. Standard GTA SA has only 6 IMG archives.
All important files were put by R* into one big IMG archive - gta3.img.
This script splits up gta3.img and gta_int.img into many small IMG archives such as countn2.img, countrye.img, gen_int1.img and more.
It's inspired on GTA IV structure where almost every IDE file has separate IMG archive.

And yet it's perfectly stable. It was confirmed if all exported & removed file are imported to proper IMG archives.
It's impossible that some file was removed and cannot be found in any of created archive.
On standard unmodified GTA SA gta3.img and gta_int.img will be shrunk to 2 KB in size.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Download
http://www.mediafire...66cg62rln1b3aj1

***** Installation
- Make sure you have installed IMG Limit Adjuster 3.0 or newer created by fastman92: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=19468
Without that you can be sure your GTA SA will crash.

- Backup your GTA SA.

- Copy ALL! files from put_to_root_of_GTASA to GTA San Andreas directory.
- Run IMG_organizer.bat as ADMINISTRATOR. It's especially important when using a script on Vista/Seven/Eight with UAC enabled.
- Wait about 5 minutes until "Press any key to continue" will appear.

- Open "data\gta.dat" in Notepad. Add the following line in the beginning of file:

IMGLIST DATA\IMAGES.TXT

- Run GTA SA and test if it works.

***** Map editor (MEd)
Remember IMGLIST keyword won't work in MEd.
In that case you must put list from images.txt in gta.dat itself and it will work.
Go here for more informations: http://www.gtaforums...T&f=58&t=529370

***** Installing mods
Wanna know how to install mods in easy way when gta3.img and gta_int.img is split up?

It's very easy.
Just put to gta3.img what you had to put to gta3.img. Or put to gta_int.img what you had to put to gta_int.img.
Run IMG_Organizer.bat again, wait less than 10 seconds
That's all.

Just Run IMG_Organizer.bat always after you put files in gta3.img or gta_int.img
I hope it helps since installing mods could be problematic without knowing it.

***** Changes
** 5.1 - fixed model errors because of IMG archives that were not rebuilt.
Added rebuilding of IMG archives that were modified (files imported, removed) / if their unused space is higher than 20 MB.

** 5.0 - flawless version, generated automatically with IMG Organizer Creator.
Added rebuilding of IMG archives if their unused space is higher than 20 MB.
Used 32-bit / 64-bit version of IMG console depending on the user's operating system.

** 4.0 - new design with fastman92 IMG Console, added openOrCreate commands, removed big part from .bat file
Rebuilding happens if IMG archive has more or equal unused space as 2 MB.
IMG Organizer works when gta3.img / gta_int.img size is over 2 GB thanks to fastman92 IMG Console.

** 3.0 - some buildings appeared white. Really nothing was missing in IMG archives - sequence of IMG archives defined inside images.txt was wrong.
Any IMG archive with files exported from gta_int.img should be defined next to IMG archives with files exported from gta3.img.
Fixed.

***** Informations:
Date of release: 12-05-2013 (d-m-Y)
Author: fastman92
Version: 5.1
For: GTA San Andreas
E-mail: [email protected]
Visit fastman92-page.tk
  • Meheraj7 likes this

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:18 PM Edited by Celestail, 31 October 2012 - 08:21 PM.

SA has 8 .img achives not 6

1. anim.img
2. cuts.img
3. script.img
4. cutscene.img
5. gta_int.img
6. gta3.img
7. player.img
8. carrec
  • Meheraj7 likes this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:21 PM Edited by fastman92, 31 October 2012 - 08:47 PM.

QUOTE (Celestail @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 21:18)
SA has 8 .img achives not 6

Yes, but only six of them are regular IMG archives.
anim\anim.img is completely unused.
anim\cuts.img is used in non-special way, opened only to read necessary files when cutscene is triggered.
  • Meheraj7 likes this

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just thought i let you know

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Looks nice, but whats the point of this?

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 PM Edited by fastman92, 01 November 2012 - 09:04 AM.

QUOTE (Masny @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 22:59)
Looks nice, but whats the point of this?

"IMG archives such as countn2.img, countrye.img, gen_int1.img and more."

Better organization of IMG archives.
Download and see. It's free.

SnowySA
  • SnowySA

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

This amazing tool helped me to get all the trees and bushes in 2 .img files!
Without this tool it would take me forever to copy+paste tree names and there are 200+ trees!
My gta3.img is 3,23GB and it was no problem, no error of the limits like Spark for GTA SA!

This tool is very amazing and impressive!!
Thanks a lot!!

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Awesome work on this one, fastman92. icon14.gif Your IMG Console works great with this! Thanks for taking your time in making IMG Organizer, heck, thanks for your time in making your amazing mods! wink.gif

Hope you fix the bugs I have reported you though, soon.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nice for organization/locating files purposes. Curious... does splitting up the archives affect game play performance? (ex. faster texture loads) The reason I ask is that some people say re-arranging their gta3.img archive via mods, caused their game engine to look harder/take longer to locate files. I don't know if that's true.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Midnightz @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 17:58)
Nice for organization/locating files purposes. Curious... does splitting up the archives affect game play performance? (ex. faster texture loads) The reason I ask is that some people say re-arranging their gta3.img archive via mods, caused their game engine to look harder/take longer to locate files. I don't know if that's true.

I can't reply with confidence to this question. I can only suppose that it may be somehow related to faster seeking when working with many IMG files.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Thanks. smile.gif Maybe a comparison could be performed. My gfx card isn't fast enough to reliably compare though so maybe someone else will do it.

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

this mod makes my game messed up. after installing a few mods with this, and run the .bat, i found this:

user posted image user posted image

i'm using IMG Organizer 4 & IMG Limit Adjuster 3. any suggestion? confused.gif

juanma_16
  • juanma_16

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Mine too. And i just installed cars nothing else.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

These bugs are related to erroneous order of files in script of IMG Organizer.
It will be fixed in IMG Organizer 5.0.

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

bumpin'

im sorry but, when IMG Organizer 5.0 is out? this tool is very useful for modding. and the important things we don't need to rebuild 3gb's gta3.img anymore icon14.gif
i have suggestion, why you're not only split just some IMGs? i mean don't need to split IMG per-IPL files, just split IMG for weapons, vehicles, vegetation, LS, LV, Countryside, SF, & optionally addon.IMG for who wanna adding new files into gta3.img and just on models folder, not separate them. i think less IMG splits less bugs, so colgate.gif

sorry my bad english confused.gif

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Sidoarjo_Modder @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 01:18)
bumpin'

im sorry but, when IMG Organizer 5.0 is out? this tool is very useful for modding. and the important things we don't need to rebuild 3gb's gta3.img anymore  icon14.gif
i have suggestion, why you're not only split just some IMGs? i mean don't need to split IMG per-IPL files, just split IMG for weapons, vehicles, vegetation, LS, LV, Countryside, SF, & optionally addon.IMG for who wanna adding new files into gta3.img and just on models folder, not separate them. i think less IMG splits less bugs, so  colgate.gif

sorry my bad english  confused.gif

New IMG organizer 5.0 is out. INCOMPATIBLE WITH OLDER IMG Organizers.

This version is unique - there are no bugs, since IMG_organizer.ims has been generated automatically by IMG Organizer Creator, another tool written in C++.

IMG Organizer 5.0 uses new fastman92 IMG Console 1.8

IMG Organizer may be available for GTA III and GTA VC soon. However IMG Limit adjuster still needs to be made for these games.

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

One big advantage is good organization of archives. Do you find another ones?
How correctly split archives if I don't want situation when I could have (for example) vegetation parts in vehicle archives etc?

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

What? ^ This IMG Organizer absolutely does that. icon14.gif

Thank you fastman92 for this wonderful tool. Apparently, SA runs much faster than before now, and IMG Organizer is pretty fast in splitting, too. Only takes 3-5 minutes. smile.gif Terrific work!

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by Sidoarjo_Modder, 10 May 2013 - 12:12 AM.

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:44)
New IMG organizer 5.0 is out. INCOMPATIBLE WITH OLDER IMG Organizers.

This version is unique - there are no bugs, since IMG_organizer.ims has been generated automatically by IMG Organizer Creator, another tool written in C++.

IMG Organizer 5.0 uses new fastman92 IMG Console 1.8

IMG Organizer may be available for GTA III and GTA VC soon. However IMG Limit adjuster still needs to be made for these games.

THANKS a lot fastman, gonna test this soon icon14.gif

about GTA VC/III img organizer, ThirteenAG has made it based on your tools: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=22135

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Version 5.1 released

***** Changes
** 5.1 - fixed model errors because of IMG archives that were not rebuilt.
Added rebuilding of IMG archives that were modified (files imported, removed) / if their unused space is higher than 20 MB.

I didn't test a previous version in outside, only in CJ house and thought it must work correctly.

Now this version has completely no bugs. It simply turned out that archives have to be rebuilt because of optimizations made by R* when reading models from IMG archives and their offsets.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

What will happen if I put my mods in the split archive and rebuild? Or do I always have to put in gta3.img and use img organizer again?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

It should be perfectly safe.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yes, you have to always put in gta3.img and run the .bat again, as editing the archives themselves might cause you some bugs. Well, this is just my opinion, dunno what fastman92 thinks about it.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Haha, two contradicting posts within a minute biggrin.gif

Personally I think that editing fastman's IMGs should be no different than editing full gta3.img. Both are bad ideas, but putting 'em together again sounds like a waste of time.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Tried this tool and gta crashes 50% loading. Did everything in the instructions and tried twice on a clean gta.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

1. You may have not installed IMG Limit Adjuster 3.0
2. You may have not put IMGLIST data\images.txt
in gta.dat

If you still have a problem, please contact me on MSN/Skype.

Personally I think that editing fastman's IMGs should be no different than editing full gta3.img. Both are bad ideas, but putting 'em together again sounds like a waste of time.

That's true. You can directly put or add more files to any of archives. They still need to conform with GTA SA archive format standards.
But remember to rebuild modified archive, otherwise you may get model loading bugs (no crashes, but wrong models), the same problem as if you modified gta3.img and didn't rebuild.

IMG Organizer works fairly simple. It exports files from gta3.img, later it imports different files to several different archives e.g LAe.img, LAe2.img and so. Of course provided they that still exist in gta3.img and they could be exported.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I installed IMG Organizer 5.1 Do I need 3.0 too?

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

IMG Organizer 3.0? Of course not, you have IMG Organizer 5.1, but you'll need IMG Limit Adjuster 3.0 (you'll always need it when using splitters) to avoid crashes. smile.gif

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Yes, I realized this and now it's loading.
Does this mod make the game less stable? Since you can go to the sa engine limit easy.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

No. That's what the IMG limit Adjuster is for. Currently, it doesn't have bugs, as far as I have checked. Very stable without crashes. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users