Photo

Sons of Anarchy creator asks Rockstar

34 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

This is really interesting and i wasn't sure where to post it. Most of the time i'm on this forum, but since this COULD eventually be significant to GTA V...maybe as DLC perhaps, i'll post it here:

If wrong forum, post it in the apropriate one smile.gif

Sons of Anarchy creator asks Rockstar to develop game

Rockstar may currently have its hands full developing Grand Theft Auto 5, but that hasn’t stopped Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Suttner from looking to the developer for help with his own project.

As you may know, Suttner has long desired to make a video game version of his popular motorcycle drama. Way back in February, he stated that he was in talks with a “major gaming company” about making the game a reality. In May, he reported that one particular meeting with a “big distributor” had gone “great.”

Since then, though, not much has happened. Just a couple months later, Suttner tweeted that he the aforementioned publisher “blew us off.” He further noted that “games are in decline” and that “it’s very risky” to put out the kind of product he wants these days.

Today, Suttner has reached out to Rockstar for help. Again taking to Twitter, he wrote to Rockstar: “you should make the SOA game. i know it’s an expensive/complicated process, but let’s chat, see if we can make it happen.”

Of course, there’s no indication that a Rockstar-made SoA game is actually going to happen at the moment, especially considering that the developer has already made a motorcycle gang game before in the “The Lost and Damned” expansion for Grand Theft Auto 4. But it’s fun to speculate sometimes, eh?

http://www.vg247.com...o-develop-game/

Spiders2410
  • Spiders2410

Master of spaghetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Sounds cool.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

How is it GTA V related?

I guess this would go in the gaming chat section.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

YES TLAD2 biggrin.gif

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

SoA needs tighter and logical writing first. The "surprise" plot twist in the Season 4 finale was extremely contrived and stupid.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I didn't saw the show, but there was DLC "Lost and Damned"(which storyline and atmosphere is pretty similar to the show, I suppose), which I absolutely didn't like. So I don't think that this is a good idea

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

SOA is set in California, GTAV is set in Los Santos, they could perhaps do this and reuse assets.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

This will never happen.

1. R* already made TLAD.

2. SOA is to have a 7 season long arc. It's season 5 now and R* takes at least 5 years to make a game. So if they did it the TV show would be long gone and all interest for it will have died out.

3. Kurt Sutter and the Housers all have too big of egos to work together. All control freaks.

AnimalDesatado
  • AnimalDesatado

Liberty City - Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Here's his twitter account and i can't see that tweet to Rockstar

https://twitter.com/sutterink

Anyway, we already have TLAD...

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Never watched it, but I'd buy it lol name sounds interesting and Rockstar games are almost always top-notch.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hmm, this sounds interesting, really interesting. I'm actually not a fan of chopper motorcycles but GTA The Lost And Damned was a pretty good game so I'm definitely open for another "motorcycle game/DLC" from Rockstar Games. smile.gif

BigJacob
  • BigJacob

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Get lost, this has nothing to do with GTA 5

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Beez @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 18:36)
1. R* already made TLAD.

icon14.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (BigJacob @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 18:49)

Pun intended?

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (BigJacob @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 18:49)

Or you get lost if you don't like it, shouldn't be too hard man. I explained WHY it could be siginificant to GTA V, read dude.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Johnny Klebitz rode to Los Santos in 2004. Maybe he'll do it again in 2013 with Clay and Terry.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

That's pretty amazing I have to say. Maybe R* really likes making some biker gangs stories after all? Looking forward on seening this in GTAV.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

But even though Kurt Sutter might want this really bad, i don't really think it will happen. I don't think Rockstar would want to make something so similar to TLAD again, cause that's what TLAD really is...very SOA inspired. Plus didn't Rockstar say the didn't want to make huge DLC's anymore cause in the end TLAD and TBOGT weren't very profitable?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm laughing at all the "BUT WE HAS TLAD" posts

So what, we already have San Andreas but that doesn't stop a lot of you from going "YO WE NEED A GHETTO HOOD CHARACTER AGAIN, LIKE CJ! AND LOWRIDERS, LIKE SA, AND 90's WEST COAST, LIKE SA!"

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Rockstar should make a Breaking Bad game first. Then after that SoA. I dunno how the BrBa game would turn out. Maybe they could make it an action game. icon14.gif

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:36 PM Edited by Ispintechno, 31 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

SOA turned into a sh*tty show. The first 2 seasons where pretty decent but it went downhill from there. The getting the baby thing back from the Irish was long and drawn out, and the show is totally conflicted as to whether its about a rough motorcycle gang or some town hero pussies dressed in motorcycle gear that happen to sell guns.

The show had potential but I found last season not watchable anymore. The characters aren't good enough for R* or real enough, or hard enough. The show is a stinker that has maybe one or two seasons left IMO.

I can't watch any more of "whaah, my daddy issues, whaaah, bad mayor, whaaah [insert something else to be a emo pussy about but are supposed to be bikers]

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 20:14)

So what, we already have San Andreas but that doesn't stop a lot of you from going "YO WE NEED A GHETTO HOOD CHARACTER AGAIN, LIKE CJ! AND LOWRIDERS, LIKE SA, AND 90's WEST COAST, LIKE SA!"

Truth ^ so what if there has been a TLAD game? Rockstar could pull it off still it would be completely different, the series already has a fan base and with a great story which Rockstar and SOA writers could provide I think it would sell. I'd buy it aslong as it's not just a cheaply made let down like some movie/series games in the past.

The Wire/Shield would have been my pick for a series made into a game by Rockstar honestly.

rex84
  • rex84

Lost Breed MC

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

That could be a great game! I love SoA. I liked TLAD, but I thought it would have been better if had taken place in California.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

The Lost and Damned was pretty much R*'s take on Sons of Anarchy.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Haha, awesome! It would be cool and if Rockstar were to agree it could actually be good aswell, tho I doubt they will.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (smokeysmokeonsmoke @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 19:39)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 20:14)

Truth ^ so what if there has been a TLAD game? Rockstar could pull it off still it would be completely different, the series already has a fan base and with a great story which Rockstar and SOA writers could provide I think it would sell. I'd buy it aslong as it's not just a cheaply made let down like some movie/series games in the past.

The Wire/Shield would have been my pick for a series made into a game by Rockstar honestly.

I agree. TLAD was basically SOA game,but it would be interesting to see some more biker games

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

A GTA and SoA crossover? Why not?

We've already seen Phil Collins, Katt Williams, Ricky Gervais, Bas Rutten, and Frankie Boyle make cameo appearances in the GTA series. I never watched SoA, but I don't think cameo appearances of fictional characters from other franchises would be pushing the limits that much.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 21:35)
A GTA and SoA crossover? Why not?

We've already seen Phil Collins, Katt Williams, Ricky Gervais, Bas Rutten, and Frankie Boyle make cameo appearances in the GTA series. I never watched SoA, but I don't think cameo appearances of fictional characters from other franchises would be pushing the limits that much.

Well, funny enough, SoA takes place in California but the actual town of "Charming" doesn't exist, it was made up for the show.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Ugh. A breaking bad or SoA game would be absolutely boring. The best parts of those shows are the drama and character developments, I wouldn't want any game company to dumb them down so people can ride around on bikes and shoot mexicans.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Not going to happen. If SoA does make it into game-form, it'll be some out-dated piece of crap that nobody gives a flying f*ck about, and rightly so. TV shows should never be developed into a fully-fledged game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users