Photo

Counties and Jurisdictions

579 replies to this topic
stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:02)
Sorry, I am supposed to be gone right now, but since we have an audience here now....

Any guesses, ideas, or ways to explain these black and white units? This photos is taken in what is assumed to be the Northeast corner of San Andreas, slightly southeast of Paleto. Who is this black and white agency that has plagued me and others for so long?

user posted image

The location of the shot above can be seen on the bottom right of this picture below.

user posted image

So who are they?

The most plausible explanation is they are Los Santos PD.. Sorry but its the only thing that makes sense i know we all want to believe and hope that there is another agency but we havent seen anything else yet besides the police bikes. That being said since we dont see the town in the picture it could be farther than we think therefore closer to los santos or just on the outskirts of the city which is why there are only Los Santos units.

Looking back at all the photos there is only one agency that pursues you so it must not be far enough out of los santos or close enough to the town because there are no Los santos sheriffs units anywhere.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (stevizzle123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:01)

The most plausible explanation is they are Los Santos PD.. Sorry but its the only thing that makes sense i know we all want to believe and hope that there is another agency but we havent seen anything else yet besides the police bikes. That being said since we dont see the town in the picture it could be farther than we think therefore closer to los santos or just on the outskirts of the city which is why there are only Los Santos units.

Looking back at all the photos there is only one agency that pursues you so it must not be far enough out of los santos or close enough to the town because there are no Los santos sheriffs units anywhere.

You are completely wrong with most of what you said, but I thank you for responding. Here, let me add some excitement. First off, go back and read some of the updates. It has been 110% confirmed there are more law enforcement agencies then just Los Santos Police Department. It has also been confirmed 110% there is Los Santos County Sheriff (via photos). Also from photos we have seen blue helmeted law enforcement motorcyclists as well as white sheriff cars. What has been confirmed is that there is a BLAINE COUNTY. What hasn't been confirmed or seen yet is that we have actually seen Blaine County Sheriff cars.

As well, the mapping Los Santos thread has some pretty credible support to this town being in the far northeast corner of the map. This would place it on completely the opposite side of the map then Los Santos is Los Santos is in the southwest. There is no way these are Los Santos Police Department vehicles if this is in fact true.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:03)
QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:23)

You can clearly see there is no lightbar and that the lights come from dash lights mounted on the visor area of the SUV.

Wow, you bring up a great case there actually. I will go over the scenes some more. Thanks very much for sharing. smile.gif

No problem, unfortunately I couldn't get you higher quality shots but what can you expect with compressed video. dozingoff.gif

You can see the dash lights mounted near the visor area in this screenshot.
user posted image

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

We've discussed the SUV to death in that picture. We've known about the visors and lights, but the image of the black SUV is different then the black and white one shown on this image above.

They are both Declasse Ranchers, but one is black and white, the other is all black.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 15:39)
QUOTE (Helsinki @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:41)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:29)
In reality, if the chase went out of their jurisdiction, they would still continue in pursuit and help till they were no longer needed.  The vehicles from the previous "zone" could still be in the chase, but when new vehicles start spawning they can be from the other areas zone.

That reminds of a great scene in the film Cannonball Run. God I wish I could have a chase like this in GTA5 inlove.gif

- Another five minutes and you'll be in Arizona.
- Yeah, and we're gonna stay in pursuit until we catch 'em.

@3:01

Oh nice! Great scene! Lol! Wonder why they didn't get some more units out there to help. wink.gif Thanks for the responses.

I guess this topic wasn't popular for discussion. Too bad, I tried. smile.gif

Because they were way out there. lol. I hope SASD takes too long to join pursuit. XD

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:02)
Sorry, I am supposed to be gone right now, but since we have an audience here now....

Any guesses, ideas, or ways to explain these black and white units? This photos is taken in what is assumed to be the Northeast corner of San Andreas, slightly southeast of Paleto. Who is this black and white agency that has plagued me and others for so long?

user posted image

The location of the shot above can be seen on the bottom right of this picture below.

user posted image

So who are they?

They are near a town. I would assume that they are either B&W Sheriff or town cops.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

It is starting to become the only conclusion I can come up with the Paleto Police chase scene. It is one of three options that are possible from what we know.

1. Paleto Police Department.

2. A different Black and White Sheriff agency.

3. San Andreas Highway Patrol.

No matter what, all the options are exciting!

albinobuffalo96
  • albinobuffalo96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 21:10)
It is starting to become the only conclusion I can come up with the Paleto Police chase scene. It is one of three options that are possible from what we know.

1. Paleto Police Department.

2. A different Black and White Sheriff agency.

3. San Andreas Highway Patrol.

No matter what, all the options are exciting!

You cannot rule out the LSPD, as much as we all would like to.

I'm not saying that it is, and I hope its something different, but you can't rule them out.

If they are LSPD, either R* got lazy with the screenshot or the LSPD have been following that car from LS all the way up there.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:22)
We've discussed the SUV to death in that picture.  We've known about the visors and lights, but the image of the black SUV is different then the black and white one shown on this image above. 

They are both Declasse Ranchers, but one is black and white, the other is all black.

user posted image

Thanks for the refresh of that information but it seems that my entire post went over your head. The point I was trying to make was that the sheriff SUV has similar visor lights to the unmarked SUV. And if you really knew about those visor lights on the sheriff SUV, being as detailed as you are, you would have posted about them and have them in your silly little drawings. If you really have discussed the visor lights on the sheriff SUV, please guide me to your post and I will correct myself. I have been following your topic since the start, have contributed several times to it, and reread it again and couldn't find anything about those lights. I apologize for sounding so blunt but come on.

I'm not saying that it is, and I hope its something different, but you can't rule them out.

If they are LSPD, either R* got lazy with the screenshot or the LSPD have been following that car from LS all the way up there.

I agree with you entirely.

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:33)
QUOTE (stevizzle123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:01)

You are completely wrong with most of what you said, but I thank you for responding. Here, let me add some excitement. First off, go back and read some of the updates. It has been 110% confirmed there are more law enforcement agencies then just Los Santos Police Department. It has also been confirmed 110% there is Los Santos County Sheriff (via photos). Also from photos we have seen blue helmeted law enforcement motorcyclists as well as white sheriff cars. What has been confirmed is that there is a BLAINE COUNTY. What hasn't been confirmed or seen yet is that we have actually seen Blaine County Sheriff cars.

As well, the mapping Los Santos thread has some pretty credible support to this town being in the far northeast corner of the map. This would place it on completely the opposite side of the map then Los Santos is Los Santos is in the southwest. There is no way these are Los Santos Police Department vehicles if this is in fact true.

I meant the only other unknown agency there is the police bikes that we saw and im well aware of the los santos sheriff but like i said its most likely los santos pd as we have yet to confirm any other agency besides los santos sheriffs office which we know is all white.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 11 July 2013 - 11:53 PM.

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:50)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:22)
We've discussed the SUV to death in that picture.  We've known about the visors and lights, but the image of the black SUV is different then the black and white one shown on this image above. 

Thanks for the refresh of that information but it seems that my entire post went over your head. The point I was trying to make was that the sheriff SUV has similar visor lights to the unmarked SUV. And if you really knew about those visor lights on the sheriff SUV, being as detailed as you are, you would have posted about them and have them in your silly little drawings. If you really have discussed the visor lights on the sheriff SUV, please guide me to your post and I will correct myself. I have been following your topic since the start, have contributed several times to it, and reread it again and couldn't find anything about those lights. I apologize for sounding so blunt but come on.

I agree with you entirely.

Hey don't become a smart alec. We all pretty much want improved law enforcement material in the game. Updates 2,3, and 4 all focus on the SUV units and we talk about the lights. Not exactly the specific VISOR lights, but I mention, as do others, the lights all around the car. Anyone with eyes can see the visor lights.

As for my "silly" little drawings, they aren't. I am enjoying trying to get people involved in the topic, so don't be a downer and put me and others down for their work. I have been real nice with you. So lets cut the attitude and get down to discussing the improvements in the game. Thank you.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

We already knew about all the lights and visors on squad cars. It just wasn't picked up there was a black slicktop Rancher. Calm down LAPD 85.

I'm crossing my fingers it is Paleto Police. It seems like every California agency has access to a chopper, so the more I thought about it, it could be a different agencies chopper, but Paleto police cars following the driver out of town. The screen could even be a shot from after a heist in Paleto when they tests police response times from the gameplay trailer.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

In no way do I claim this map to be 100% accurate. But I created this map and hope to map all the law enforcement vehicles (roughly) that we have seen through images. This will take a few days, so in the next update, hopefully we can have every agency and photos of law enforcement vehicles mapped! Might help us see what is what, and where we haven't seen things from. If anyone wants to help, or go ahead and do it, please feel free too.

Click for Full Size
user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:51)
In no way do I claim this map to be 100% accurate. But I created this map and hope to map all the law enforcement vehicles (roughly) that we have seen through images. This will take a few days, so in the next update, hopefully we can have every agency and photos of law enforcement vehicles mapped! Might help us see what is what, and where we haven't seen things from. If anyone wants to help, or go ahead and do it, please feel free too.

Click for Full Size
user posted image

What other towns, and smaller cities

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

In the trailers and gameplay video we saw some small roadside businesses (which would be unincorporated areas most likely). Surely there are more towns then what we've been shown. Sandy Shores can barely be considered a town, it's mobile homes, lol! Paleto is an actual town, and I hope we see more like it with established buildings, stores, and homes.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Nice map. It will be hard pinpointing some of them, especially since the locations can be fuzzy at best as to their location.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 13:51)

Click for Full Size
user posted image

Since when was there a town called Paleto? I wonder if the town will be big enough to have it's own Town Police force or will it contract with Blaine County Sheriff and there be a Sheriff Station?

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law, and the law lost.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:32)
The two closest patrol cars are facing the wrong direction because they were trying to pinch Trevor in and stop him from going off the road. They had thought he would stay on the paved road, so they were ready to take off. As for the other units, they may have been behind him, and he turned suddenly. The one patrol car that tried to turn, maybe got spun by the SUV and flipped over. I'm just coming up with guesses as to why they are not following him. In the video, almost all the police scenes with Trevor were filmed at different times. There was the group of him going off road, then a different scene of him leaving a different off road section, then he was randomly crossing a bridge to then north. They didn't mesh together, but to the average person watching, they wouldn't notice.

This thread is claiming they saw a drawing of a tank on one of the heist plans. It would be the third known military vehicle in the game after the Jeep and the jet planes.

Third vehicle? The military jeep, the fighter jet and now perhaps a tank. But I thought the Buzzard also is a military vehicle?

It is based of the Little Bird, which is also used by the military in real life and I'm pretty sure that in GTA TBOGT in the mission where you have to steal one from the boat, one guy said it was a military vehicle.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 14 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

UP9390: Paleto is a town in the game. It has already been confirmed. Here is an image of Paleto, and here is a sign with the name PALETO BAY on it (I think). Here is Trevor in Paleto and here is an aerial of Paleto. Here is the word Paleto on the wall next to a town map. Hope that answers that for you.

Yorpie: The Buzzard will probably be military to some degree, as would "apache" style helicopters.

Some new images below from Famitsu mag in Japan show some new stuff of law enforcement.

user posted image
Police chopper following from the air over a boat, as well as another chopper which could be the newer Buzzard.

user posted image
Can not tell in this picture if the light we see is a mirror LED or a spotlight. But it is a police car of some sort behind Franklin. They appear to be out in the countryside.
  • GTALE likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for your dedication to this topic Patriot. Lot's of neat findings throughout. icon14.gif

shaned1989
  • shaned1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by shaned1989, 14 July 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Has anyone else noticed in the game play video at 2:29 the person driving the sheriffs car (42) at the front of the screen is wearing a tie, meaning the guys on the motorcycles are possibly sheriff after all?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (shaned1989 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 17:38)
Has anyone else noticed in the game play video at 2:29 the person driving the sheriffs car (42) at the front of the screen is wearing a tie, meaning the guys on the motorcycles are possibly sheriff after all?

I am watching the gameplay video and looking around 2:29 but I do not see any motorcycles.

shaned1989
  • shaned1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 06:10)
QUOTE (shaned1989 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 17:38)

I am watching the gameplay video and looking around 2:29 but I do not see any motorcycles.

I never said there there were motorcycles? I said the driver of the sheriff car was wearing a tie, like the guys on the motorcycle. The debate was that they could be Highway patrol. But the driver of the sheriff car also has the same tie..

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

Anyone notice the sheriff car exploding in this pictures?

user posted image

This tunnel is probably in a rural area, though many are thinking it is an urban area. If it is an urban area, do the sheriff cars also respond in Los Santos then?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

Interesting topic OP, well done.

I tried not to pay attention to the disgrace that was the "Alderney State Police" riding around in LCPD cars with LC liscense plates. How difficult would it have honestly been to just change the police cars? That's how you can tell that Alderney was a last second decision. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also use LCPD commands when pursuing the player? I'm pretty sure I heard them say "This is LCPD" a number of times.

I'm not even going to get into the SA police. That was just sad, plain and simple.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 09:50)

I tried not to pay attention to the disgrace that was the "Alderney State Police" riding around in LCPD cars with LC liscense plates. How difficult would it have honestly been to just change the police cars? That's how you can tell that Alderney was a last second decision. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also use LCPD commands when pursuing the player? I'm pretty sure I heard them say "This is LCPD" a number of times.

I'm not even going to get into the SA police. That was just sad, plain and simple.

I certainly agree with you about the disgrace of LCPD anything being west of the West River. smile.gif I certainly fixed that massive stuff up with modifications. It may be of interest to you that during early development there was to be a 'Liberty State'.

From TVTropes Wiki "Grand Theft Auto IV was originally supposed to have areas based on upstate New York and Long Island. This was scrapped early in development, though references to an area called "the Carraways" (presumably based on the Hamptons) still exist in the final product and in the expansion packs."

Cheers. smile.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:50)

It was a disgrace. What rubbed salt on the wounds even more was the fact they even made different badges and logos for the Alderney State Police. The officers wore the different clothing, and all they had to do at the least was layer those logos on a car and call it good. They didn't.

I don't remember either what the commands they yelled were, but I think they said LCPD.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I like this idea. Different police uniforms for different areas, but what about when it gets serious could different areas have different tactics and measures for say 6 star wanted levels.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Lets be honest here. Different agencies will not have different tactics. Rockstar's going to make one way law enforcement responds and that is how they will do it. To stop the player from their rampage. Sadly from the gameplay video, we already saw cops that will run into each other like in the past. A review somewhere said the police are harder in this new game, but I don't remember who said that.

Harder police doesn't mean smarter police. Leave the smart police to the online groups that do patrols.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

@PhillBellic, I can certainly understand why they decided to scrap LI. For what little potential it does have, there's no sense in me even attrempting to argue that LI is anything but boring. Because, minus a few interesting places like the Hamptons and a few parks, it's pretty much all suburbs. If you compared Eastern LI to say the Nassau/Queens border, then it looks alot different. But if you drove down 495 observing the different towns, you wouldn't see too much change.

But Upstate could have been interesting if done right. My guess is that hardware limitations probably hindered that, or the fact that R* knew they would do a haphazard job at depicting it. Like having LCPD cruisers driving through what is supposed to be Albany.

@USAPatriot, I think the worst part is that it's soooo easy for modders to change layers for cars. So how much easier would it have been for R* to just do it right themselves? Instead I get to watch Alderney State Police jump out of LCPD vehicles and shout LCPD commands at me. Maybe they figured we wouldn't notice or something.

And just to kick us while we're down, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Alderney composed of several smaller cities in the state? And EVERY one of them used LCPD vehicles and generic Alderney State police officers. It couldn't have possibly been that difficult for R* to just thrown in a few different uniform options for cops based on what part of Alderney. Because realisitically all they would have had to change was badges and small writing on their uniforms. I guess that's what laziness does for you.

It seems like in some aspects, the police in SA were actually better designed. They at least used different commands and phrases, and seemed to have different general personalities. LS cops were assholes, SF were a bunch of sissies, I don't really remember the LV cops too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users