Counties and Jurisdictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

As well in the Game Informer article today, LINK, there are over 1,000 parts to modify on your car. It mentioned "extra lights" and "bull bars." Imagine if you could customize a patrol car with better light bars and better push bars? Or even a normal car you want to paint up and set up to be like a police car? How cool would that be?

Great analysis on the new town too. I would like to see them have a local police department, or at least have a local sheriff's office substation. Can't wait for more info! Been a great day of news and info speculation!

Thanks to LotusRIP for making this image too. Hopefully someone can find the police station or sheriff substation in the town!

user posted image

Compare this shot with the parachute video!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Here is a picture of the Northeastern town.

user posted image
Notice on the lower right of the screen there is a farm. I think the photo below is taken from that location. We just never saw the town because of the angling.
user posted image

Those cars are black and white... and unless they are part of Los Santos County, which I know they are not, this could be a sign of the a municipal police department for that Northeastern town, or a sign of San Andreas Highway Patrol.
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Oh wow! You're right! That means the Rocketship Cafe where Trevor was seen on a train and beating some guy up is along the eastern coast, slightly inland.

Great point about the police cars too. Why would NE San Andreas also be a part of Los Santos County? So which law enforcement agency are we seeing in this photo?

King16
  • King16

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

How come we've only seen what looks like LSPD airships in every single pursuit including sheriff ones and no SHP or LSSD chopper?

Also, dont know if its related to this thread but, wtf with SWAT officers still having the bowl type helmets? Saddens me.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (King16 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 22:57)
How come we've only seen what looks like LSPD airships in every single pursuit including sheriff ones and no SHP or LSSD chopper?

Also, dont know if its related to this thread but, wtf with SWAT officers still having the bowl type helmets? Saddens me.

We don't know. Maybe the lettering changes only, or it could be a state helicopter that is used state wide, except when Los Santos has there in the air. Same graphics, different lettering.

Also, I don't know about the bowl helmets. I haven't paid much attention to that. I'll have to give that a look.

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

I saw the bit about the customization and i was thinking the exact same thing! But in the past you havent been able to customize, repair, or even wash any police vehicles or any emergency vehicles for that matter but you might be able to customize a regular car to make it look like a police car ( as much as you could).

Furthermore im more convinced that there is no blaine county so because we have yet to see any units and honestly i think it would be pointless to have another agency when we have Los Santos so i believe there are only 2 or 3 agencies in the game.

Im not sure what the white and green suv is but it was in Vinewood sign pic as well so i dont think it has anything to do with the jail/prison but maybe a state or federal agency because it doesnt resemble any other units we have seen but we will just have to wait and see.

Also the black suv didnt have officers hanging off the side but you can see that its a swat officer driving it, so im guessing that the black suv is specifically for swat or when you reach a certain wanted level.

Im also disappointed that they have yet to change the decal for the new gen police car but they added all the details on the back this close to launch im wondering if they will change it....

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:55)
4 and 5. Unit number 42. Oh wait... image five has a unit number 42 as well, and a repeat of unit 03 can be seen in image five if you wait half a second in the video when a third unit is shown. There are two units with 03. In images 1 and 2, there is a unit 03 too! So that means, while there are different numbers on units, there will be repeat numbers. So don't except an endless cycle of numbers. Expect maybe 10 or so different numbers by agency. The number might also make a different on the vehicle model and the lightbar it gets when the game generates.

Due to engine limitations, cars can only have four to five liveries. This explains repeating unit numbers. For those hoping to have dynamic unit numbers, tough luck. It can't be done. One way Rockstar can somewhat overcome this is by having multiple police car models. For example, for the sheriff department, Rockstar can set it up such as sherrif1, sheriff2, sheriff3, etc. and have five liveries attached to those different sheriff vehicles. sheriff1 can be the car with the LED lightbar with up to five liveries, sheriff2 can be the car with the rotator lightbar with up to five different liveries, sheriff3 can be a slicktop with up to five different liveries, etc. For those who are lost, think of the liveries as different unit numbers.

I still believe that the white police SUV with the green stripe is a take on the Border Patrol or Park Ranger, similar to the take on DHS with NOOSE in IV.

USAP, you seem to be missing the black unmarked SUV with the SWAT guys on the skids. And I think you also missed the new screenshot of the LSPD CVPI with the Code3 MX7000 rotator bar. wink.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:50)

USAP, you seem to be missing the black unmarked SUV with the SWAT guys on the skids. And I think you also missed the new screenshot of the LSPD CVPI with the Code3 MX7000 rotator bar. wink.gif

Yeah, thanks for the clarification on the limited number of units. I said the same thing pretty much.

At this point, I will have to disagree with you on seeing a fully black SWAT SUV. I know what scene you are talking about, the night time shot as the car is racing through Los Santos with various police vehicles. I can not agree or confirm that is a fully black SUV. It is most likely a black and white one, because that is all we have seen from both the Los Santos Police and Los Santos County Sheriff's Office. Because of the dark setting, I think it was a black and white car, because we can see another black and white SUV behind the 2013 next gen Vapid Cruiser.

If you got some evidence though that would further sway the vote, I can not say it is a black SUV. (It would be cool to have black unmarked ones though for sure! Don't get me wrong, I am fully pro law enforcement in GTA Games).

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
You can clearly see there is no lightbar and that the lights come from dash lights mounted on the visor area of the SUV.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:23)

You can clearly see there is no lightbar and that the lights come from dash lights mounted on the visor area of the SUV.

Wow, you bring up a great case there actually. I will go over the scenes some more. Thanks very much for sharing. smile.gif

Gyser
  • Gyser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

It probably has been spotted before but not seen it mentioned...

When Michael bursts in to that office and takes the hostage, the guys aiming at him have shields on their belts. Possibly FIB or another agency?

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Nice find!

Also those are FIB guys breaking into the room or IAA, depending on which building they are breaking into.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

As well, here are some of the images I used for update 12 incase you want to quote and use some instead of quoting the huge update. smile.gif Again, we've gone into detail about police lights, tools, and numbers on the cars. We've also talked about the vehicle amount on screen and confirmed how many can be chasing you at once. We still have yet to confirm a Blaine County Sheriff's vehicle. LAPD 85 yesterday shared with us something I didn't notice, and all black Declasse Rancher as well!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:04)
As well, here are some of the images I used for update 12 incase you want to quote and use some instead of quoting the huge update. smile.gif Again, we've gone into detail about police lights, tools, and numbers on the cars. We've also talked about the vehicle amount on screen and confirmed how many can be chasing you at once. We still have yet to confirm a Blaine County Sheriff's vehicle. LAPD 85 yesterday shared with us something I didn't notice, and all black Declasse Rancher as well!

user posted image

user posted image

Going to discuss these two pics then. Notice on the lower pic, the police are still zaney enough that they will run into each other and flip each other over. Too bad they couldn't fix this and make the AI not so hardcore on each other. I would also like it if police were not so violent when driving there cars. They always wreck them and never drive good enough to keep scratches and dents off their cars. Very few games had good driving cops. Recently, Driver SF, had smarter driving officers who didn't ram their cars into oncoming traffic. Hopefully the police tactics will be smoother.

As for the SUV with the green stripe, it could be a Blaine County Sheriff SUV, but it isn't clear why Los Santos Sheriff cars are there in just as big of numbers. Could be crossing the county border and there is a mix of units, but it is unclear.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

The green striped Declasse Rancher's also seem like they are lifted. Nice they have chrome colored grills too to add variety instead of just the black grill like the Los Santos PD and Los Santos County Sheriff's Office units.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Could not agree more. The same different grill colors can be seen on the pre-2013 Vapid Cruisers between different agencies too.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Some previews from IGN and GI said that the police have better tactics and are a lot stronger. The video doesn't show they they are much "smarter" when driving though. We see in the video a Declasse Rancher black and white smash through a fence because they are not properly taking a corner pursuing Trevor. That kind of bugged me a bit. They need to drive better.

In GTA IV, the cops at low wanted levels drove slowly (which is fine) but darted around a ton. It appears in this GTA they at least keep up with you (on five wanted stars) but still drive defensively and dart around.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well, in that pic you posted, they are still flipping over one another. That bugs me. Also in the video, when Trevor turns off onto the dirt road, several patrol cars still speed by him and instead go on the paved road. Why is that? Is it a new mechanic that you can lose cops? Like speed ahead, then whiz behind a bush and they don't see you and speed by?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

There is supposed to be a similar, but different police mechanic in the game. You can hide from the law if you stay out of their site. I noticed that too when Trevor pulled off. The cop cars are still going forward and in the screens below, you can see the police still staying on the paved road and heading down the roadway towards Los Santos' direction. Not following Trevor. It would not make sense they don't follow him or don't see him since other units are still with him.

user posted image

Why are the units still heading down the paved road? Was it a poorly planned road block?

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

The two closest patrol cars are facing the wrong direction because they were trying to pinch Trevor in and stop him from going off the road. They had thought he would stay on the paved road, so they were ready to take off. As for the other units, they may have been behind him, and he turned suddenly. The one patrol car that tried to turn, maybe got spun by the SUV and flipped over. I'm just coming up with guesses as to why they are not following him. In the video, almost all the police scenes with Trevor were filmed at different times. There was the group of him going off road, then a different scene of him leaving a different off road section, then he was randomly crossing a bridge to then north. They didn't mesh together, but to the average person watching, they wouldn't notice.

This thread is claiming they saw a drawing of a tank on one of the heist plans. It would be the third known military vehicle in the game after the Jeep and the jet planes.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

I noticed they were different areas (but possibly the same pursuit just played out). He had five wanted stars, which would explain the two helicopters persuing him. One thing I didn't notice were any officers or deputies standing outside their cars with guns. Probably because they were in a pursuit... I just assumed we might have seen some as he entered the roadblock.

Jeux Actu from France released some images yesterday, and almost all included tidbits of sheriff cars in them.

user posted image
This one shows sheriff cars in a rural town. Note the front has the word SHERIFF on it. The cars are white and have Los Santos Sheriff's Office patches..... but it makes we wonder something. We know the SUV has this same patch, as do these cars... but what if they used the same patch for Blaine County Sheriff cars? This just doesn't seem like it would be Los Santos County. It is becoming weird we haven't seen a car say Blaine County Sheriff on it. Every sheriff car we are seeing, no matter what part of the map, is white. Only the black and white SUV sheriff unit is different.

user posted image
White.

user posted image
White.
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, they are all white. No matter what part of the world they are in it seems. This might reduce the chances of us seeing a third sheriff's agency from a third county. So there might only be two counties in the game. This kind of saddens me. I was hoping for more, but Rockstar seems to have delivered pretty well all the different law enforcement choices. I'm still just really wondering about their sheriff agencies. We've discussed it pretty well, and other people are reading the dicussions, just not adding much. We've certainly got their attention, and Rockstar has noticed as well as they keep implementing new things. We are in the final stages of GTA V development, and there isn't much time to change stuff yet, but they can do minor fixes if the game is ready to go gold. If they have extra time, they can stick in things that were not as important on their checklist. We just have to keep hoping we will see a bit more for law enforcement and how they have it set up.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have to head out now, but it was good talking to you.

If I have time, I might make a rough map showing the location of all the law enforcement photos we've seen in the game and where they are on the map. It would show that Los Santos Sheriff vehicles are mixed in places that many would consider Blaine County. So it will be hard to figure out. Have a good day.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Alright, have a good one.

Come on people, chime in, and lets discuss!

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:47)

If I have time, I might make a rough map showing the location of all the law enforcement photos we've seen in the game and where they are on the map. It would show that Los Santos Sheriff vehicles are mixed in places that many would consider Blaine County. So it will be hard to figure out. Have a good day.

The Los Santos County Sheriff vehicles are in Blaine County likely due to them following the pursuit from Los Santos into Blaine County.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:53)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:47)

If I have time, I might make a rough map showing the location of all the law enforcement photos we've seen in the game and where they are on the map.  It would show that Los Santos Sheriff vehicles are mixed in places that many would consider Blaine County.  So it will be hard to figure out.  Have a good day.

The Los Santos County Sheriff vehicles are in Blaine County likely due to them following the pursuit from Los Santos into Blaine County.

We know that. We've said that since the beginning. smile.gif But what is concerning is how many more Los Santos units are there then the other county's sheriff units. As well, it seems like every place on the map we see Los Santos County Sheriff cars and not Blaine County Sheriff cars.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sorry, I am supposed to be gone right now, but since we have an audience here now....

Any guesses, ideas, or ways to explain these black and white units? This photos is taken in what is assumed to be the Northeast corner of San Andreas, slightly southeast of Paleto. Who is this black and white agency that has plagued me and others for so long?

user posted image

The location of the shot above can be seen on the bottom right of this picture below.

user posted image

So who are they?

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

We've tried this before, but here are all the possible answers.

Paleto municipal police. (Thought they probably wouldn't own a helicopter).

A different sheriff's office. They are too far away to be in Los Santos County and have the LSCO.

San Andreas Highway Patrol? They are on a major highway there.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Great updates, USAPatriot icon14.gif Looks like R* don't pay much attention on different forces and jurisdictions again, very sad .
edit: nvm

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Great find!

So now that its confirmed there's at least one undercover vehicle do you think there will be more such as the buffalo from gta iv?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users