Photo

Counties and Jurisdictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by GTALE, 02 May 2013 - 11:32 PM.

So they are the same sheriff agency. We know that. The design and colors of the Tahoe/Suburban make me think of California Highway Patrol, though I know it isn't.

I am sure we will get an explanation eventually as to why the cars are different color schemes. In real life, we have agencies with mixed color schemes as they add new units with aging ones. Could be the same here. Great topic, and so glad Rockstar listened or at least got ideas from this thread.

cookie.gif

I wonder what the words under "SHERIFF" says on the white cruiser?

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

If you look carefully, underneath the "SHERIFF" on the Vapid Cruiser, it looks as if it says "Los Santos" Assuming it's "Los Santos County." Does this mean that this is only one sheriff's department and that there are others for different counties, such as Blaine?

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Friday, May 3 2013, 02:00)
If you look carefully, underneath the "SHERIFF" on the Vapid Cruiser, it looks as if it says "Los Santos" Assuming it's "Los Santos County." Does this mean that this is only one sheriff's department and that there are others for different counties, such as Blaine?

I can't tell if it says that or not, but it looks like it does. If so, it looks like Rockstar took a realistic approach and decided to have county lines beyond the city limits, which means we got Los Santos PD within city limits, Los Santos County Sheriff beyond city limits and up to the border of Blaine County, which it then becomes within the jurisdictions of the Blaine County Sheriff's Office. Nice eye.

Shadylasse
  • Shadylasse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

user posted image
Does indeed look like it's saying something with "Los Santos". There's a good view of the logo there aswell.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 08 May 2013 - 01:23 AM.

We also now have confirmation that a police Buffalo is in the game. Look at the lead car, it's a Buffalo unit.

http://i.imgur.com/OYO1xLZ.jpg

This photo below is along a coastline and is obviously not within Los Santos city limits... but note the police cars pursuing the red car are black and white. This is different then other sheriff CARS (not SUVs) that we've seen. Since this is a "highway" in the photo, could it be this is our first glimpse of something like a state police, state patrol, California Highway Patrol, or maybe a different county sheriff agency?

http://i.imgur.com/JOUAPJk.jpg

These new photos today are pretty fun to look at, and a lot to pick apart.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Quick Vehicle News Update!

user posted image

Here are two cropped pictures providing further evidence for the comments above. Thanks for all the continued feedback! One image confirms a Bravado Buffalo. The other shows off what could possibly be another San Andreas law enforcement agency, San Andreas Highway Patrol or another sheriff's agency. Read the image captions for more ideas. One thing to note is the helicopter has similar if not exact markings to the Los Santos PD helicopter.

user posted image

user posted image

• GTALE likes this

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:28)
Quick Vehicle News Update!
http://imageshack.us...eles90scene.png

Here are two cropped pictures providing further evidence for the comments above. Thanks for all the continued feedback! One image confirms a Bravado Buffalo. The other shows off what could possibly be another San Andreas law enforcement agency, San Andreas Highway Patrol or another sheriff's agency. Read the image captions for more ideas.

user posted image

user posted image

[/SIZE]

When you say "non 2013 Vapid cruisers," what do you mean?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:32)

The non 2013 Vapid cruiser is this unit. The 2013 modern Vapid Cruiser is this unit. We don't have official names yet, but they are both by the company Vapid based on company markings.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:35)

The non 2013 Vapid cruiser is this unit. The 2013 modern Vapid Cruiser is this unit. We don't have official names yet, but they are both by the company Vapid based on company markings.

Got it. Wasn't sure if you were talking about this when you were talking about the non 2013 version.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:41)

Got it. Wasn't sure if you were talking about this when you were talking about the non 2013 version.

Yeah no. smile.gif That Vapid Cruiser seems to have gotten the boot. We haven't seen it since two years ago in the first teaser trailer.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:47)

Yeah no. smile.gif That Vapid Cruiser seems to have gotten the boot. We haven't seen it since two years ago in the first teaser trailer.

Even so, I still think it would be cool to have different generations of cars. Like if we were to have previous and next gen buffaloes like these seen in Franklin's trailer
user posted image

or even older gen CVPIs and the next gen ones like we know of now... and of course, also whatever that new vapid car is on top of that.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:52)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:47)

Even so, I still think it would be cool to have different generations of cars. Like if we were to have previous and next gen buffaloes like these seen in Franklin's trailer
user posted image

or even older gen CVPIs and the next gen ones like we know of now... and of course, also whatever that new vapid car is on top of that.

I totally agree! Which is why I am sure some sheriff agency's in the more remote areas will be using older non 2013 Vapid Cruisers (considering they are probably the generation of Vapid Cruiser we never got to play in the GTA universe. It seems like they jumped from a 90s model in GTA IV to the 2000s model, which is the non 13 model, and then the new next gen). So expect sheriff agencies to have the non 2013 Vapid Cruiser.

Also remember that Gamespot provided evidence for there being Park Rangers in the game! Still no pics yet, but should be real exciting.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Rough Model of a Next Gen Vapid Cruiser

So I decided to be the first in showing a full next gen Vapid Cruiser model. We can compare it to the older model I also made before we finally saw this new model! Tell me what you think. Of course they are not perfect, and I didn't add all the markings, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they look like.

user posted image

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 02:05)

So I decided to be the first in showing a full next gen Vapid Cruiser model. We can compare it to the older model I also made before we finally saw this new model! Tell me what you think. Of course they are not perfect, and I didn't add all the markings, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they look like.

user posted image[/b]

AWESOME! That is awesome looking! Nice work there, it looks great!

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Absolutely love this thread. It always fascinates me how the real world can be accurately re-created in a game. I gave it a good skimming so sorry if I'm repeating something that was already said, but it is about the subject of counties. In GTA IV some of the internet pages that parody sites like Facebook have some of the people mentioning being from places in SA, notably Fort Carson and "Montgomery, Red County". It's kind of odd the woman would list it like that instead of 'Montgomery, San Andreas', but either way. It's not proof Red County will be in the game, but at least it still exists within the universe of IV and V. I would assume the other smaller towns and counties from SA all would too, even if they don't directly appear in V.

hachiroku
  • hachiroku

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Why not three LAPD police cruiser?

The Buffalo (remember, in TBoGT, there was a LCPD Buffalo), the new Vapid (the new versión from IV) and the new "Taurus".

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Scampi @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 07:51)
Absolutely love this thread. It always fascinates me how the real world can be accurately re-created in a game. I gave it a good skimming so sorry if I'm repeating something that was already said, but it is about the subject of counties. In GTA IV some of the internet pages that parody sites like Facebook have some of the people mentioning being from places in SA, notably Fort Carson and "Montgomery, Red County". It's kind of odd the woman would list it like that instead of 'Montgomery, San Andreas', but either way. It's not proof Red County will be in the game, but at least it still exists within the universe of IV and V. I would assume the other smaller towns and counties from SA all would too, even if they don't directly appear in V.

I remember that, and it gives me hope we will see re-creations of at least some of those cities in GTA V. It would be cool to be able to go down the streets of Montgomery, Blueberry, Fort Carson, etc. But I do remember that someone said the town and the county name instead of the state, which I found peculiar. Thanks for the response!

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

I will sit down tonight and give it a thorough read. Last night I was pretty tired when I skimmed it, but I am very excited to see sheriff cars and the mention of park rangers. If there is indeed a national/state park with rangers maybe they will pursue you for illegally hunting animals. You will need to modify some silent weapons to successfully poach. Well that's getting a little off topic, but park rangers open up so many new possibilities it's exciting.

I also hope as much detail and diversity goes into other government vehicles like fire trucks and ambulances. That one picture showed Trevor on a coast guard jet ski. I've actually see fire department jet skis and I thought those were the coolest things ever. Would love to be able to ride one of those in game.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Scampi @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:57)
I will sit down tonight and give it a thorough read. Last night I was pretty tired when I skimmed it, but I am very excited to see sheriff cars and the mention of park rangers. If there is indeed a national/state park with rangers maybe they will pursue you for illegally hunting animals. You will need to modify some silent weapons to successfully poach. Well that's getting a little off topic, but park rangers open up so many new possibilities it's exciting.

I also hope as much detail and diversity goes into other government vehicles like fire trucks and ambulances. That one picture showed Trevor on a coast guard jet ski. I've actually see fire department jet skis and I thought those were the coolest things ever. Would love to be able to ride one of those in game.

You bring up a great side point for sure! Park Rangers and their duties. They can pursue the people in real life, but as you get down from the federal level, state level, down to a county or city level, their duties go down too. It is doubtful a state level ranger will chase you down a dirt road along a cliff trying to ram you off like other GTA style law does. So what would GTA do about them? Will they just be for show and have vehicles patrolling randomly down park service roads? Will they be parked at ranger stations, but not actually try to stop you? Maybe their interactions will be simple such as saying "you can't do this hear" but then if the player whips out a gun, they will step back and maybe not do much, call for outside help? We really don't know.

Different levels of park and forestry service law enforcement.

FEDERAL (At national parks and national forests)
user posted image
U.S. National Parks Park Ranger
user posted image
U.S. Forest Service

STATE (varies. At State parks. Game rangers make sure hunters or others don't kill the wrong animals and protect waterways and the environment.)
user posted image
State Park Ranger
user posted image
State Fish / Wildlife and Game

COUNTY (varies. Some counties have their own park service for county parks. Most maintain, but some actually have armed officers who are rangers.)

user posted image
County Park Ranger

MUNICIPAL (varies, some can arrest, some pick up trash, some have guns.)

user posted image
Municipal Park Ranger

I highly doubt a ranger will shoot you if you shoot a deer in the park, or an endangered spieces. They would try to detain you, and in real life, honestly, your're not going to be shooting at law enforcers like some do in GTA games. So I think it will be really interesting to explore what rangers will add to the game.

Coast Guard in San Andreas didn't do much, it was mainly for show. They never actually patrolled around or chased you, but police boats did chase you. But I think in GTA V, Rangers will at least patrol around, but maybe not chase you in high speed chases through state or federal parks. It just doesn't make sense if they did.

user posted image

I also appreciate the fact you will sit down and read the updates, thank you.
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 04:01)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 02:05)

So I decided to be the first in showing a full next gen Vapid Cruiser model.  We can compare it to the older model I also made before we finally saw this new model!  Tell me what you think.  Of course they are not perfect, and I didn't add all the markings, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they look like.

user posted image[/b]

AWESOME! That is awesome looking! Nice work there, it looks great!

By the way, in relation to the car you made here, you made mention of the Buffalo unit keeping the traditional LSPD markings, just like the CVPI unit. But did you notice there are already two different Buffalo vehicles in the game? I was looking at the picture you posted on the last page. The police Buffalo doesn't have a single rear light band like the new Chargers, which means it is a Buffalo unit like we saw in TBOGT. It isn't a new Buffalo/Charger. We saw the new Charger in the Franklin trailer released earlier and it had a single rear light that stretched from end to end. So it appears we may see some older units and vehicles mixed with newer ones, something GTA has never really done. So that will be cool.

The park rangers thing is interesting to think about. But I have to agree that it will probably be the sheriff guys stuck chasing the players in rural state park areas. I just don't see park rangers firing their guns and chasing players dangerously. They don't have the resources to do that. But i still expect them to drive around, maybe just for show. They might act like how security guards in GTA IV acted. They didn't have cars, but they had guns to fire. Some fired back, some just ran off.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

New Law Enforcement Vehicle Design Concepts

So I decided to be the first to also show off what the new Suburban sized Tahoe like unit looks like based on GTA V screens and footage. This is it wrapped in Los Santos County Sheriff's Office markings, based on some assumptions and guesses from our mindful and wary readers here on this thread. I've enjoyed hosting this thread and making all the fun artwork and renderings to go with it. I have enjoyed the conversation too. We might not get many posts from people, which is sad, but I think it is because we get quality comments from people who can respond. Those who think there is too much reading here just don't even bother to comment or talk. So enjoy this new SUV. Again, it isn't 100% accurate. I will try to work on the non 2013 Vapid Cruiser next. The GTA V Counties and Jurisdictions thread is continuing to lead the discussion in innovation in law enforcement for GTA V! Lets keep it that way great minds!

user posted image
GTA V Law Enforcement SUV

user posted image
GTA V Law Next Gen Vapid Enforcement Vehicle

Comments, discussion, lets hear it! Lets see how big our renderings collection can get!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Nobody to comment on the vehicle renders above? Okay...

Edge Magazine today released a new picture showing a non Los Santos community and sheriff vehicles. We can see there is a difference in markings. The SUVs are for sure black and white while the non 2013 Vapid Cruiser is white. We also see the back of a Sheriff SUV, which is the first time we've seen on this clearly. It looks just like my rendering I made the day before these photos! How cool!

user posted image

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

WOW! The renderings of the Sheriff SUV look great! Thanks for making that, and you are right, it is pretty spot on. Funny we'd get to see the actual vehicle a day after you make those. I'm impressed.

The new screen also shows the uniform of a sheriff's deputy. This screen also confirms TWO sheriff agencies in the game. There is a Blaine County Sheriff's Office and Los Santos County Sheriff's Office. Hooray! Thanks Rockstar for making Los Angeles in a county and not just a municipal county like so many previous GTA's have done. This adds to the realism. Deputies riding on the sides of the SUVs really seems like overkill to me. Hope they don't always do that.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 16:11)

Edge Magazine today released a new picture showing a non Los Santos community and sheriff vehicles. We can see there is a difference in markings. The SUVs are for sure black and white while the non 2013 Vapid Cruiser is white. We also see the back of a Sheriff SUV, which is the first time we've seen on this clearly. It looks just like my rendering I made the day before these photos! How cool!

user posted image

The SUV looks amazing!

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 15:11)

user posted image

Yeah, they look f*cking AMAZING! wow.gif

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Why the sheriff cruiser is white if the suv has two colors?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (FEDE_snma_ITA @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:07)

Maybe the Sheriff CVPI follwed him from Blaine County? idk...

Platinvm
  • Platinvm

GTA V: Chop's Adventures

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

USAPatriot, I don't know sh#t about US police departments, sheriffs and whatsoever, but I read your whole topic and wanted to compliment you for your observation and work. You were onto stuff so early!

I'm not going to spam this topic with senseless comments, but I'll keep reading as you make progress in it!

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by GTALE, 09 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

QUOTE (FEDE_snma_ITA @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 16:07)

Read the thread updates. We don't officially know yet, but the white ones seen so far have said Los Santos County Sheriff. We have yet to see a Blaine County sheriff unit.

QUOTE (platinvm @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 16:10)
USAPatriot, I don't know sh#t about US police departments, sheriffs and whatsoever, but I read your whole topic and wanted to compliment you for your observation and work. You were onto stuff so early!

I'm not going to spam this topic with senseless comments, but I'll keep reading as you make progress in it!

Great post there. I agree. This thread has been informative and ahead of the ball game throughout.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Here is a rendering of the non next gen Vapid Cruiser. It is fashioning the LSPD markings, but I messed up on the roof which should be white. It was too late to fix. Enjoy, we now have a complete lineup of renderings minus the Buffalo.

user posted image

user posted image

Platinvm: Hey thank you! Glad it has shed some light into a topic you didn't know much about. I really appreciate responses like yours. Thank you.
  • GTALE likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users