Photo

Counties and Jurisdictions

579 replies to this topic
USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

GTALE - Wow, thank you! I wish more people commented on this thread. wink.gif Also welcome yourself. Yes, you can see the wanted system in the new game at work too. I don't think people have realized this, but it truly does appear that whatever the agency, when you hit a certain wanted level, these guys, marked in the proper law enforcement agency based on jurisdiction) come out and try to keep the peace. In lame-mans terms, that means if in Los Santos, the LSPD version of these guys come after you, if in Blaine County, the Blaine County sheriff guy versions come after you. We have seen this SUV now twice, and I think it is safe to say that we have seen two different markings of it. One we are guessing is a sheriff's version and this on from the newest images that appear to be LSPD on that airfield we saw Trevor flying a plane from.

Markhosdangerous - Oh for sure. There is no way we would see an LSPD cruiser far away from the city. SA had the "State Police" which all drove those Ranchers . . . hopefully we will see a sheriff's office with a mix of cruisers, a car and Rancher type trucks, though I think this SUV will be taking the place of the Rancher. This SUV so far only looks like it appears with "special tactics" guys. Lets hope we can also see them patrolling pleasantly instead of just in high intensity situations. I also feel there will not be a "state police" in this game. I think it will be strictly municipal from Los Santos, and then the county sheriff office's out in the country, but I would love to be wrong and see state police too.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by GTALE, 01 April 2013 - 09:20 PM.

It seems highly unlikely, but I also really hope you or we can provide support for other municipal agencies. The fact we have county sheriff's is great and is probably all that Rockstar will do... but imagine another town or size-able settlement that has their own municipal police force. In GTA SA only the three biggest cities had municipal police departments, but I really wished places like Palimino Creek, or Fort Carson also had municipal police stations. Instead they were just patrolled by the state police (no sheriffs sadly).

So since we only know Los Santos and the name Grapeseed... lets assume Grapeseed is a thriving small farming community in the foothills. Imagine them having their own municipal police department. How cool would that be? But at the same time, they might also be the county seat for whatever county they are in. That would mean they would also have county sheriff vehicles at the courthouse heading out to patrol the hinterlands of the county. To me that just sounds like a dream too good to be true. If only Rockstar would do something like this. smile.gif

Hopefully there will be other medium to large sized towns and cities with their own municipal police departments. I would also be fine with the county sheriff's office patrolling smaller towns. It saves smaller towns money to contract with the county sheriff instead of building their own police force.

Due to "realism" though, I assume Rockstar will stick with the county sheriff in all rural areas so they can have "unlimited" numbers of deputies pursuing suspects. If it is a small town police force of five, they wouldn't be able to have "unlimited" numbers of officers coming after players who like to shoot. Though they could allow at higher levels, the sheriff agency the town is located in to come and help, then maybe state level police too.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 01 April 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Breakdown of Jursidictions and How GTA V Could Build On It

Okay, so lets break it down even further. We are having a great discussion here and would love to see more people involved. smile.gif

So let me make a fictional county and include Grapeseed, which we can assume is a small farming community or area in GTA V. For the purposes of this demonstration, I will make Grapeseed a town big enough to have a municipal police force and nearby to a larger community which happens to be the county seat of this "unknown" county Grapeseed is located in. To make things easier, lets just say GRAPESEED is in a county called "Forest." So we will call it Forest County, located in the state of San Andreas. lets take a peak at it.

user posted image

Okay, there we are. A fictional county named Forest County. You can see main roads, a large freeway that goes through the county, and lots of countryside and agriculture.... since Grapeseed is surrounded by agriculture. To the north and east of Grapeseed we see mountainous terrain since we can see mountains in the Grapeseed image. Let us take it a step further and see this same map, but now with law enforcement thrown in. We will add the state level enforcement (state police/patrol), a county level enforcement (sheriff's office), and municipal level enforcement (city/town police department). Check it out below.

user posted image

Awesome. There we go. Seems pretty realistic. In all cases, a sheriff's office will have a headquarters, usually in the same town that is the county seat. That means it is the head of government for the county. They often have a courthouse and jail within the town or city it is located in. If the county is big in terms of size or heavily populated, a sheriff's office may need multiple stations so deputies don't have to always start from the headquarters which may be far from isolated points within their jurisdiction. So for this instance, I made two substations. You can see them on the map. One to the right by a smaller settlement and one to the left out towards the mountains past Grapeseed. The main sheriff's office has units that patrol the central portion of the county. Self explanatory. Their jurisdiction is the entire county, in this case, Forest County. They patrol towns without a police force, and towns that contract with them for services.

You will note the green dot denotes a state patrol office, which is from the state level. The state patrol (or state police) will patrol the county freeways, highways, and biways, and tent to overlap jurisdictions of county level and municipal level agencies. Their authority is the entire state and they can be seen anywhere at anytime. In this instance, they have a state patrol office along the main freeway for easy access to patrol the freeways of the state. This is the portion of the state they focus on and other areas and counties may have a state patrol office as well. It is a large state after all.

For this example, the map has two municipal police agencies, and they patrol the town or city they are located in. They will still work with other agencies of course. Just because a speeder starts within their town limits and leaves, doesn't mean they will stop. They will contact the county sheriff or state police for further help, but probably follow as long as they are needed. So in this map, I gave Grapeseed their own municipal force (though they probably won't have one in the game) and the larger town has one too. Just for kicks and giggles...

Okay, lets zoom in again and focus on the larger town and Grapeseed.

user posted image

This map shows the northern portion of the larger town and Grapeseed. It shows all the same law enforcement agencies, but zoomed in, and you can see more main roads. I also added "city limits" to show where the municipal agencies jurisdictions end. But remember, they can go beyond it. If law enforcement in a neighboring town needs help, they will help. But this is just to give a rough idea how Rockstar could implement this idea. Just have municipal cars spawn within the city limits, and beyond that would be county sheriff cars in non city zoned land. Also along freeways and major highways, they can add state patrol. Seems reasonable enough.

I hope you enjoyed this presentation and happy day after Easter and April Fools day!

Please leave a comment and lets discuss!
  • GTALE likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I can't wait to see the different vehicles the police in the rural areas will use to reach you in terrain that's difficult to traverse. The OP mentioned horses, but I think they might have quad & dirt bikes.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

You got it! Great work on the maps.

I would love to see something similar to this in the countryside of the game. It would add so much realism and be a great strength in the game. You have the municipal lines well and how the sheriff's agencies should work great. State police too, all a nicely made up way of how things could and should work in GTA V.

KayleyLovesGTA
  • KayleyLovesGTA

Chick with a joystick

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

All it takes is different colours/uniforms to make the game seem a LOT bigger than it already is. If they haven't implemented this...well then they're stupid f*cks.

biggrin.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

We know there will be different wraps around some agencies and uniforms, but we just don't know how much. How far will rockstar go in developing a county, a towns, a society? They've done this very well in past games, but never fully implemented it out on the law enforcement side. If they could just finish that, it would make the whole package oh so much sweeter.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 25 April 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Generalized GTA Map Focusing On Smaller Jurisdictions

I decided to take a stab at making a rough GTA V map. By no means is this to scale or accurate... but it has things in generalized areas based off of what I've seen in trailers and screenshots. smile.gif Hopefully this makes some sense. I will explain it more below. This map also features the scenes from the recent Episilon Program teaser. I also tried to make plausible guesses on towns and areas we know very little about, and they seem reasonable... at least to me. So enjoy. Note the grey fog bank just separates areas and is truly unknown.

user posted image

1. Number one is what I have guessed to be a prison, as have many others. I also think that 1 and 8 on this map are the same thing, but I have two locations marked. 8 is possibly the wrong spot and probably the location of an airfield we have seen in a trailer. But both the images for one and 8 show palm trees in the correct spots to each other and the same circular formation of structures. It might be a prison or something else, but would be a cool prison for role players. Try escaping prison with nothing be dessert and a 4 lane freeway nearby.

2. My estimation of the Alamo Sea settlement, which seems to stretch along the southwest and southern shore of the inland sea. The landscape is scrubland, not greenery and trees.

3. This could really be anywhere, but is most likely east of Zancudo Mountain because of the view and angle we are looking at it.

4. We know nothing about this place, but based on the sign as you enter the town, I would say this town is located away from the main freeway and along a rural highway. Signs probably point to the freeway. It is in a desert region. The town looks depressed with not much active business, which makes me think the freeway bypasses the town by quite some distance.

5. Note this town is located beneath that fog bank on the northwest corner of my map above. I think this town is at the base of a large mountain... duh, you can see it in the photo, but I also think this town is similar to Angel Pine in San Andreas. I think it will be off the Coast Freeway, inland a bit, and surrounded by a more lush green forested area. Possibly at the end of one of those long river valleys. Anyways, I think it will be north, to northwest. My guess is the map becomes more green the further north you go. I also have a guess a tunnel into a mountain is nearby here, the one that goes across a big valley, same as the bridge scene with the train and hang glider. Where's Grapeseed?

6. Just a guess on where this airfield is. You can see structures in the distance of this photo, which some think is part of a city skyline, or could be smokestacks to an industrial complex, since we know of one major one in Los Santos.

7. This little section is a map separated from the rest, because we don't know anything about this region or if it is even a part of GTA V. I separated it with fog. From the Epsilon Program teaser, we see a lighthouse and another shot with what appears to be a highway, my guess the coast highway or 101 parody. This is the same highway we see in a screenshot with a motorcycle and a sign that reads "Bay City Avenue." This scene is just far north of that up in a rural seaside area.

8. Same as 1. Read it.

9. This is somewhere out in the scrublands to dessert region. Something makes me think it is close to location 4 on the map, but I have no real proof.

10. This would tie into the lighthouse sorta... they are both north, we just don't know how far. This seems to be a parody of the Big Sur region and the Bixby Bridge. It can be seen at the end of those shots with the forested river valleys.

11. Just for reference, there is the Zancudo River.

12. In the background of this scene we see trees and a forested area and mountain base. So it is safe to say this building is in a transition zone that changes from scrubland to a more dry ponderosa/pine type eco region.

13. That there is the train bridge. Zancudo Mtn... if that is the mountain there, appears to have two rivers on each side, both different and forested.

14. Though this is artwork, and not exactly canon, the background shows a mountain that is not as arid as others... so it seems to be in a transition zone, or at least visibly near a more lush area, similar to 12.

This leaves me with the important question as to where the HECK is Grapeseed? Is it related to 4? I don't think so. The farming fields would need more room then what 4 shows... and farming isn't exactly popular next to mountains on the American west coast. Though Grapeseed doesn't look very arid, so it is on a more wet side of a mountain range.

Those are just some of my thoughts and ideas, feel free to add.

• GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

I think this map does a good job at guestimating the location of the mountain town and dessert town with the ATV. Both pics we've seen of them feature Trevor. As this map shows, I think the further north you go, the more likely it is we will see forests and greenery. I am willing to bet that it I-5 doesn't go to another city, it might loop around the north and connect to the Coast freeway, someplace where the little section of the map up north shows here.

It seems plausible the location of the mountain town. The mountain town (4) seems like it is at the edge of a mountain. The direction the image faces seems to be looking away from the mountain ranges and towards a more open area. It could be facing towards the Pacific. We just don't know. This is a good map guessing where these spots are.

Based on the images we've seen of the towns so far, they all seem pretty small, and remote. Only the mountain town shows some life in it, but the other ones seemed pretty dead, and not active. So my guess is all county areas that are rural are just sheriff's offices. Even the mountain town, I bet they have sheriff cars there and not a municipal town police station. I hope Rockstar doesn't mess up and put "police" on buildings if they are sheriff cars, or visa versa. Some games do that and it bugs me. wink.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 30 April 2013 - 03:26 PM.

A new Los Santos municipal police car. ROCKSTAR did it. THEY DID IT. Clashing lights everywhere.

user posted image Later today I will further break it down. smile.gif They did it!

Here is my prediction. They are keeping the Crown Vics we've seen in previous videos, but using those as "older units" we will probably see in rural county sheriff agencies that don't have as much money to throw around. There ya go.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

New Law Enforcement Vehicles and Predictions As Rockstar Changes Auto Roles

Welcome back! So each image is broken down by number below, as well as some important predictions about the old Vapid Cruiser, it's fate, and a concept of the new GTA Police SUV that we didn't see in this update, but did see as a civilian model. Also, why the new city design for Los Santos, and what is up with sheriff cars? I explain all this and more below.

user posted image

1. So here we go. Rockstar has revised the Vapid Cruiser into a more modern looking machine, one that resembles the current generation Ford Taurus Interceptor being used by agencies around the country. the car has a wider, more buff stances then the long nosed and tailed Vapid Cruiser of yesteryear, and the one seen in early GTA development. So did they get rid of the previous Vapid Cruiser? No. Keep reading to find out more. We also can see the major scheme change on the unit, distancing itself from the common LAPD logo and design cures. They still kept some similar LAPD style cues, especially on the rear of the car with yellow markings above the taillights showing unit numbers.
user posted image
Ford Taurus Interceptor Sedan

2. We can see a complete new lighting system is up and running, including grill lights, mirror lights, flashing front and rear lights, and a nice slim lightbar to go with it. Remember the first GTA teaser trailer in 2011? Wow... times have changed. Even since our last trailer, they have been hard at work tweaking the vehicles, and this new Vapid Cruiser is a complete overhaul.

3. An image showing the rear of two new Cruisers, sleek and low in profile here.

4. Did anyone notice this shot was viewed as from the perspective of a police cruiser? Notice the two push bars in front. Should make for some fun GTA police patrols having actual push bars now. Yes, based on the imagery so far, it look like push bars will take a lot tougher beating instead of just falling off as they did in previous GTA games. This push bar resembles a Setina Push bar which can be seen below.
user posted image
Setina Push Bar

5. Look at all those lights flashing. Slimmer light bar on top, and the lights actually coincide with the light that is flashing. No longer do we get colored blobs around spinning strobe, at least on LSPD cruisers. The rear window also has a nice set of LEDs.

6. Confirming again this car is a Vapid. I am willing to bet the car is going to have a different name this just the Cruiser... maybe a play on the Interceptor marque?

7. Once again showing the various lights changing as they go on and off around the cruiser. It is nice to see finally implemented into a GTA game. Everyone else was so far ahead of them prior to this... Driver SF, Saints Row, Need For Speed, etc.

8. Again, in any other GTA game, that push bars would have been ripped off. This cruiser gets impaled by a truck being driven by Michael, and those push bars are still in place. You will also notice the lightbar is still working and not broken. That is nice to see as well, because no one liked how easily the old lightbars broke. This is also a good view of the car, minus the door. Showing off the more aggressive stance of the vehicle.

9. A front view of a new Vapid Cruiser complete with mirror and grill lights. Also notice the older style Vapid cruiser in the background, but as a taxi. You are thinking, so Rockstar kept the car? Whats it's name then? We'll find out, keep reading.

10 and 11. So this is not a police SUV, but we know it will be. We have seen it in the previous GTA images. The SUV has clearly been modified since we first saw them in an image as sheriff trucks. The vehicle looks more like a Chevy Tahoe then ever, but maybe a bit longer to be a Surburban. My guess is the game will stick the Calvacade name on them, even though the Calvacade was based on a Cadillac Escalade. I hope not, but it isn't a game breaker at all. I also made a fictional design of what the SUV could look like as a unmarked unit. Check it.

user posted image
(A concept design of the Police SUV I made, though it is unmarked.)

12. So the old Vapid cruiser still exists. Yep, as evident in the trailer too, but only as a taxi. So the new guess is this car will no longer be the Vapid Cruiser, but be given a name of something else... or it could just be called the Taxi. Here is another prediction, this older styled Vapid Cruiser will still be used as a law enforcement car. You are asking why, I can hear it. They could be used as SHERIFF patrol cars as we did see in an image once before. The car isn't old, but it is older then the current gen Vapid Cruiser we have seen in these new shots above. So I could easily see them still using this car for an underfunded sheriff's agency out in the bush. That would be neat to see some variety. Check out below the old poster I made, showing the older Vapid Cruiser we were all starting to become accustomed too.... so glad the revised the car though. smile.gif

user posted image
(Showing older versions of the Vapid Cruiser Rockstar planned to use... but they still are using this model on Taxis.)

CONCLUSION: So what about the Police Buffalo? Ehhh, I'm not sure we will see it at this point. It might not happen, nor might a Caprice knock off or Impala (Declasse Patrol) knockoff happen. (LAPD didn't use Impala's really anyway like NYPD did). We have no credible proof of a police Buffalo existing except for that one image people liked to point to very early on. All those images are now pretty much meaningless, as the game has changed so much then. All that work done by people previously has no relevance to what is in the game no. That is old news. Buffalo's are in the game, we saw them in the Franklin trailer, but we don't know as police cars.

I hope you enjoyed this new update and I look forward to your comments and responses.

user posted image

OH MY GOSH! THE PUSH BAR IS STILL ATTACHED!
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Brillaint new update! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

I think you might be right about the old Vapid Cruiser and it's future uses. Also, great looking SUV concept. Great detailed approach on everything you posted here as this thread continues to impress me.

I was really hoping the Trevor video today would show us some interaction with a sheriff or something, because I wanted to see what you would do in this thread. Too bad we didn't get to see any more agencies other then the LSPD.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I don't get why people never comment on these posts.... so thanks for commenting.

Yeah, if they do use the previous Vapid Cruiser model we saw, it may be for the country side and could be the car model that was launched after GTA IV and it ended sometime before GTA V started... heck it could still be a current model, but just the Vapid Cruiser. I really don't know.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

It is clear Rockstar had intent to try and make a Crown Vic knockoff. Don't forget the Crown Vic and the new Interceptor are technically two totally different models from the same auto company, Vapid. So it is very possible the Vapid Cruiser was one car, and this car is something different. As you said in your post, they may make a new name as a play off the Interceptor name.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

It doesn't seem like Rockstar was happy with how the Vapid Cruiser before was looking, not the GTA IV one, but the early one for GTA V. That is probably why they decided to give a more modern appearance to the car, one that looked like a current car. LAPD is actually using the new Caprice as their cruiser, last I read, so that is inconsistent. But it isn't meant to be an exact Los Angeles, and Rockstar of course has creative rights to do what they want. I am still shocked they removed the LSPD on the side and the LSPD logo. This will be the first GTA game to get rid of markings with a city name and PD at the end. LVPD, SFPD, LSPD.... I never cared for it when they always did that, so it will be nice to see POLICE... but it is odd they did it to a force that actually says LAPD on the side. Lol!

Lets hope we get some good sheriff pictures soon. It seems like they are hiding so much of the countryside, so much to explore. At least we got the name of a new town out in BLAINE COUNTY? Shady Shores...

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

It is obvious Shady Shores, population 3,010 won't have a municipal police force. It looks more undeveloped then most small towns... more like a over glorified trailer park with liquor. I sure do hope we see some actual nice small towns, not just dung heaps like Shady Shores. We will probably see nicer small towns in the forested, mountain areas. So in towns like Shady Shores, it will probably be the sheriff's office that goes after people when you commit a crime.

I was thinking that with all the changes Rockstar did to police cars during this last update, I wonder how the Sheriff cars will change, or if they will keep then as we saw before in a different vehicle model too? It would certainly show that the city has more money for fancy vehicles then the slower to change with the times countryside.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yes, this period Rockstar probably spent a lot of time on law enforcement vehicle improvements. Probably to the point we won't see any new updates to them, as in they finished what they wanted to do with them. So hopefully we will see some finished product of the sheriff's office. Hopefully there will be multiple counties, not just Blaine County, so we can see different sheriff's offices from the different counties. I still highly doubt another municipal police department, but who knows? We still have seen no sign of a parody on the Highway Patrol (state police, state patrol, etc), so it is probably safe to say as well they will not be appearing in the game. Who knows, they might? We haven't seen too much of the country side in any videos of anything ground level. We haven't seen law out there yet either.

It just seems like there would be some sheriff characters in the game that hassle Trevor around or something along those lines. I could picture them being a bit humorous at times and feeling very powerful with the authority they have in the back country. I could imagine a trailer on them actually, I think Red Dead Redemption did something similar too.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:07)

It just seems like there would be some sheriff characters in the game that hassle Trevor around or something along those lines. I could picture them being a bit humorous at times and feeling very powerful with the authority they have in the back country. I could imagine a trailer on them actually, I think Red Dead Redemption did something similar too.

Yeah, totally. I could picture that. It would be fun for them to explore that a little and how law enforcement in the rural part of San Andreas is. I don't want them to be made as idiots, because they aren't, but they can explore it a little bit. Searching for suspects hiding in the woods, using their flashlights to walk in the woods at night, their bodies silouetted by the lights of their patrol car parked off the embankment of the road. Pretty epic imagery if you ask me. smile.gif

dj212
  • dj212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 21:55)
...I am still shocked they removed the LSPD on the side and the LSPD logo.  This will be the first GTA game to get rid of markings with a city name and PD at the end.  LVPD, SFPD, LSPD.... I never cared for it when they always did that, so it will be nice to see POLICE... but it is odd they did it to a force that actually says LAPD on the side.  Lol! 

I suspect the city name will be back in the final design. My guess:

1. We'll see the previous LAPD-style design on LSPD vehicles.
2. The new design with just "POLICE" on the door is for some other town whose name hasn't been revealed yet. It's similar to a lot of SoCal police car liveries, including Palm Springs.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for talking by the way. No one else seems like they want to say anything about what I've said... for some reason. There are 15 plus users reading this topic, and only you and I talking. Strange.

It'll be great seeing what we can pick up in future GTA screens, and hopefully when IGN releases their input of what they thought on the game, hopefully they will have some screenshots or footage to go with it. I doubt Rockstar will have allowed them to explore, but maybe do a mission is all. But I really want to know more about the country, the counties, towns, the law enforcement, and other goods. So as long as people keep enjoying what I write (which is hard to tell sometimes since no one posts anymore) : smile.gif I will keep posting these little updates.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (dj212 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:13)
...I am still shocked they removed the LSPD on the side and the LSPD logo.  This will be the first GTA game to get rid of markings with a city name and PD at the end.  LVPD, SFPD, LSPD.... I never cared for it when they always did that, so it will be nice to see POLICE... but it is odd they did it to a force that actually says LAPD on the side.  Lol! 

2. The new design with just "POLICE" on the door is for some other town whose name hasn't been revealed yet. It's similar to a lot of SoCal police car liveries, including Palm Springs.

I hope so! Except all the footage we saw today was in Los Santos! That is the big problem. But I hope they can use that design, and add the city name in other towns they want to have a municipal police force. It would be cool.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 20:29)
New Law Enforcement Vehicles and Predictions As Rockstar Changes Auto Roles

Welcome back! So each image is broken down by number below, as well as some important predictions about the old Vapid Cruiser, it's fate, and a concept of the new GTA Police SUV that we didn't see in this update, but did see as a civilian model. Also, why the new city design for Los Santos, and what is up with sheriff cars? I explain all this and more below.

user posted image

1. So here we go. Rockstar has revised the Vapid Cruiser into a more modern looking machine, one that resembles the current generation Ford Taurus Interceptor being used by agencies around the country. the car has a wider, more buff stances then the long nosed and tailed Vapid Cruiser of yesteryear, and the one seen in early GTA development. So did they get rid of the previous Vapid Cruiser? No. Keep reading to find out more. We also can see the major scheme change on the unit, distancing itself from the common LAPD logo and design cures. They still kept some similar LAPD style cues, especially on the rear of the car with yellow markings above the taillights showing unit numbers.
user posted image
Ford Taurus Interceptor Sedan

2. We can see a complete new lighting system is up and running, including grill lights, mirror lights, flashing front and rear lights, and a nice slim lightbar to go with it. Remember the first GTA teaser trailer in 2011? Wow... times have changed. Even since our last trailer, they have been hard at work tweaking the vehicles, and this new Vapid Cruiser is a complete overhaul.

3. An image showing the rear of two new Cruisers, sleek and low in profile here.

4. Did anyone notice this shot was viewed as from the perspective of a police cruiser? Notice the two push bars in front. Should make for some fun GTA police patrols having actual push bars now. Yes, based on the imagery so far, it look like push bars will take a lot tougher beating instead of just falling off as they did in previous GTA games. This push bar resembles a Setina Push bar which can be seen below.
user posted image
Setina Push Bar

5. Look at all those lights flashing. Slimmer light bar on top, and the lights actually coincide with the light that is flashing. No longer do we get colored blobs around spinning strobe, at least on LSPD cruisers. The rear window also has a nice set of LEDs.

6. Confirming again this car is a Vapid. I am willing to bet the car is going to have a different name this just the Cruiser... maybe a play on the Interceptor marque?

7. Once again showing the various lights changing as they go on and off around the cruiser. It is nice to see finally implemented into a GTA game. Everyone else was so far ahead of them prior to this... Driver SF, Saints Row, Need For Speed, etc.

8. Again, in any other GTA game, that push bars would have been ripped off. This cruiser gets impaled by a truck being driven by Michael, and those push bars are still in place. You will also notice the lightbar is still working and not broken. That is nice to see as well, because no one liked how easily the old lightbars broke. This is also a good view of the car, minus the door. Showing off the more aggressive stance of the vehicle.

9. A front view of a new Vapid Cruiser complete with mirror and grill lights. Also notice the older style Vapid cruiser in the background, but as a taxi. You are thinking, so Rockstar kept the car? Whats it's name then? We'll find out, keep reading.

10 and 11. So this is not a police SUV, but we know it will be. We have seen it in the previous GTA images. The SUV has clearly been modified since we first saw them in an image as sheriff trucks. The vehicle looks more like a Chevy Tahoe then ever, but maybe a bit longer to be a Surburban. My guess is the game will stick the Calvacade name on them, even though the Calvacade was based on a Cadillac Escalade. I hope not, but it isn't a game breaker at all. I also made a fictional design of what the SUV could look like as a unmarked unit. Check it.

user posted image
(A concept design of the Police SUV I made, though it is unmarked.)

12. So the old Vapid cruiser still exists. Yep, as evident in the trailer too, but only as a taxi. So the new guess is this car will no longer be the Vapid Cruiser, but be given a name of something else... or it could just be called the Taxi. Here is another prediction, this older styled Vapid Cruiser will still be used as a law enforcement car. You are asking why, I can hear it. They could be used as SHERIFF patrol cars as we did see in an image once before. The car isn't old, but it is older then the current gen Vapid Cruiser we have seen in these new shots above. So I could easily see them still using this car for an underfunded sheriff's agency out in the bush. That would be neat to see some variety. Check out below the old poster I made, showing the older Vapid Cruiser we were all starting to become accustomed too.... so glad the revised the car though. smile.gif

user posted image
(Showing older versions of the Vapid Cruiser Rockstar planned to use... but they still are using this model on Taxis.)

CONCLUSION: So what about the Police Buffalo? Ehhh, I'm not sure we will see it at this point. It might not happen, nor might a Caprice knock off or Impala (Declasse Patrol) knockoff happen. (LAPD didn't use Impala's really anyway like NYPD did). We have no credible proof of a police Buffalo existing except for that one image people liked to point to very early on. All those images are now pretty much meaningless, as the game has changed so much then. All that work done by people previously has no relevance to what is in the game no. That is old news. Buffalo's are in the game, we saw them in the Franklin trailer, but we don't know as police cars.

I hope you enjoyed this new update and I look forward to your comments and responses.

user posted image

OH MY GOSH! THE PUSH BAR IS STILL ATTACHED!

This is the update we are talking about for those who missed it on the previous page.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (dj212 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:13)

Yes, like maybe they used this design as a place holder, it is possible. Something I forgot to mention as well is that all the numbers on the top of the police cars are different now. smile.gif That adds some realism. You can see it in the Michael video as the plane is landing. All the rooftop numbers on the patrol cars are different. I am sure they have a limited number of number skins, but at least they made some. smile.gif
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just don't see why they would make a place holder car like that if they did. It looks like they spent a ton of time on it already as it is. I mean the car looks great and all the aesthetics for it are awesome. The design is not going to ruin the game for me because it looks great, but it just seems like they are losing out on some LAPD flare in there.... LAPD flare which is rather bland and boring.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

LAPD85 had this great find! Check it out!

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:21)
I think the Crown Vic is still in.

user posted image

Notice the doors and how it is painted.  The doors are much rounder and more pronounced than the new car they are showing.  The paint around the door and the roof is all white too while the new car they are showing has a black gap between the doors and the roof.

user posted image

They are right too. The cars are different, and the color scheme is different. The doors are painted on one car, while the other one doesn't have painted doors. The rooflines are different. I can't believe I didn't notice that! Must have been looking at all the lights, they blinded me. smile.gif
  • GTALE likes this

dj212
  • dj212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 22:21)
I just don't see why they would make a place holder car like that if they did. It looks like they spent a ton of time on it already as it is. I mean the car looks great and all the aesthetics for it are awesome. The design is not going to ruin the game for me because it looks great, but it just seems like they are losing out on some LAPD flare in there.... LAPD flare which is rather bland and boring.

I'm sure they'll keep the new car, and they might keep the paint scheme but with the city name added. I just don't think the city will be Los Santos -- I think this paint scheme is for another town/suburb.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

On a promising note for more law enforcement, Game Informer has said in their article that there are Park Rangers in the game. So it is safe to assume in the wilderness, which will probably be a national or state park, will have park rangers! Yet another vehicle and design and form of law enforcement in GTA V. Still no imagery of their units yet, but we will keep looking for them.

As Franklin descends over a ridge and guides himself toward a stream, I notice deer and wildcats roaming the mountain range and a park ranger cruising the winding cliffside roads ."

danny41294
  • danny41294

True City Killers Don

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Found this on IGN, first good look at the Sheriffs' cars I believe! Cruiser and SUV!

user posted image

-Perfection-
  • -Perfection-

The Killer

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I LOLed at the car drawing detail biggrin.gif

But very good info right there, respect icon14.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 02 May 2013 - 09:46 PM.

user posted image

Yes! Exciting indeed! IGN has a picture of two sheriff units. One black and white, and the other our classic white we've seen before fashioning the older Vapid Cruiser design. We also get a clear shot of the new SUV which has clearly been made to resemble a Tahoe even more. The location of the photo is also not within city limits of Los Santos. At the same time... it almost looks like the Sheriff SUV in this shot is a pickup. Is that a guy in a turret thing in the back?

The logos on both sheriff cars are the same. Odd that one is white and the other is black and white. We'll get more to discuss here real soon, I am sure of it!

EDIT: Upon further examination, it is in fact an SUV. The "turret" looking thing is the deputies arm and body armor.

http://www.gamespot......Topslot;Slot1

That article has some good info on Blaine County... as well as car customization. What if we could be allowed to customize police cars? Doubt it... but makes you think about extra power, or color changes, logos, etc. The game will also allow us to take photographs and SAVE them and share them with friends, similar to Midnight Club LA. smile.gif Finally.
  • GTALE likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users